Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect (34264 Views)

I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me / I Am Ugly, Don't Bully Me, I Don't Tolerate Nonsense - Nigerian Sex Therapist / My Recent Breakup Experience: I Messed Up By Initiating The Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
openmine:

Your usage of words are hilarious to say the least....
Can you perceive an outburst from my comments?
My assertions are simple...No matter who is involved,no matter the "gender" involved....
They must totally be condemned rather than shielding such people all in the name of "girl bashing"

From observation,its either you have issues comprehending one's comments or You seriously and personally have a problem with men...!

I think the problem here is that you don't like the fact that I have a contrary opinion to yours.

Even the op understood my point but you have just been going on and on about nothing.

Is the girl wrong? Yes and I told the op she probably has an attitude problem. Could the op have a fault in the whole issue? Yes and I pointed that out.

I do not have issues with men. I usually speak from an objective stance but somehow you are not an easy person to talk with.

So take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by gabbylight: 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
lefulefu:
so u were just wasting all ur fuel driving her about town while she was flirting wit guys on phone shocked
buhari why sad

guy u no go kill me with laugh jare.

wetin be buhari own dia again... lolz

1 Like

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

I think the problem here is that you don't like the fact that I have a contrary opinion to yours.

Even the op understood my point but you have just been going on and on about nothing.

Is the girl wrong? Yes and I told the op she probably has an attitude problem. Could the op have a fault in the whole issue? Yes and I pointed that out.

I do not have issues with men. I usually speak from an objective stance but somehow you are not an easy person to talk with.

So take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
The issue is you think or alleged am in support of the guy due to his side of his story which is rather unfounded and irrational!
You also assumed that i took the side of men and went on a bashing spree which is partly due to the fact that you just could not comprehend my comments clearly!
You said you are objective but clearly its the opposite!
Unless the word objective has a new meaning,i think you are just trying to be sentimental towards the lady...
Its just too obvious that you are now saying what am saying....
Like i have said,from the trail of your comments and responses,its obvious that you just have issues with men or maybe you have a problem comprehending!
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Daniwes: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

Obviously you speak from the standpoint of a guy. You think guys don't flirt with other girls instead of solving their issues. It is just that when a lady does it, it is termed "disrespect".

And at what point did I support the lady? By asking the guy if he offended and refused to apologize?

Did you even see my response to his reply? I guess you did not.

The op has obviously downplayed his own faults and involvement.
I have to come in here.
Downplayed what I really dont want to go TMI, but trust me, I am a gentleman in many ways. Imagine someone out of a moving car, stopped at a traffic light, just because I wouldnt turn down the volume of the music, when she is making spiteful remarks about me. I still had to act matured to stop and convice her to go back into the car. No way... absolutely no way... I personally felt it was all due to her immaturity and nothing else which is why despite my attempts to explain how what she did was disrespectful, she still continued saying crap. I wanted to have a normal proper conversation with her, but she will still continue with the attitude. People say I am soft, but I know that once I make up my mind, I could be a heartless devil.

Too much I cant say in here. I remember another incident when we had a fight and words were exchanged, she went calling one of my friends who private chats her right in my presence, despite warning and advising her that we both cannot share the same close friends... It doesnt make sense. I had to warn the guy to stay in his lane. I still blamed her cos at the end, you give the rappour you get.

In summary, Its all immaturity which I am not ready to deal with at all. Gladly, some time has passed, and its all waned off. She sure will be making a mistake to try to come back, cos then it will be pure revenge.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Daniwes: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
juniorstar:
its a progression...no sane girl disrespects her guy.
U didnt see the signs. But they were standing right in front of you.or perhaps you choose to avoid those signs.
I actually saw the signs and knew a day like this will come. Well it has come. what can I say??
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
rosalieene:
thumbs up to the girl
probably you were expecting her to start begging you.

I like as she no even send you.

please send her stuffs to her, relationship is not by force. I see no much sense in your writeup apart from the fact that you guys re tired of each other.

At least she no send you or even try to beg, that's a plus.

I don't know why you guys get worked up when your gfs receive calls from other guys.
she is still a single and not married so isn't indebted to you so imagine after she has shunned other guys for 5 yrs and you both break up, whose lose?
am not advocating for cheating... there is a big difference between cheating and been friendly with other guys..... Her future hubby might not be u so don't block her chances with your jealousy.
Your a fool.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
Seandisputed:

Bro, this niggi right here needs some guts... the girl turn am to Uber sharply
Me i will just drive her very far from home somewhere around badagry then drop her ass there, let her find her way back.
there was this guy i know for school then wey collect im dad bike come school when im dad buy new ride.na so the guy go take the bike carry one babe wey im dey eye all 0ver town.if d babe wan go class oo,go church and market na so d guy go zoom the bike reach d girl place wen d girl call am for fone.e go burn im fuel carry d babe dey go where she wan.upon wetin im do for her she no still gree for d guy.d guy toast ooo and still say she look am like a brother.funny tin be say if u ask d guy to carry u he will tell u dat fuel no dey im bike.op is just like dis guy wey i yarn about only say na car op get grin.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by tiredoflife(m): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Handicap people always have issues
Having to run around someone on crutches is more than a factory job
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by homirefacuny(m): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
rosalieene:

fvcking serious!

I have a friend who dated a guy for 10yrs! 10 freaking years! she is 30yrs now.
but guess what? she is getting married next month to someone who was just a close friend all this years!
while her so called bf was just wasting her time.

Sorry for her. But let me point at something very vital with your writeup. Being friendly with other guy is not entirely bad but according to the OP.. She was talking the guy matter with a supposedly male friend right in his presence. grin Who does that? Like seriously, I will kick her out of my car that very moment. That's stupid.... Reason most of una no dey get husband at the right time. No respect whatsoever.. I smh.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by itsmeurLady(f): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
Daniwes:
So recently she was mad at me, giving me attitude - you know when girls start getting mad at you for no reason, you just let them be. She asked I drive her to somewhere to do some registration, which I obliged. We were still fighting then, but I had to do it as she had a pain on her leg, and so couldnt walk properly. Well fastforward, inside the car, she continues with the attitude and she starts receiving calls from different guys, talking and laughing out on the phone, which I ignore. But there is this particular guy which I know through her to be her best friend of some sort... He normally calls her often, they talk, nd all and he knows very well we are dating, even though he has asked her out before. So, he was around even greeted me before I took her from her house.

Fastforward...So he calls her while we re driving, talking on the phone where I then hear her telling the guy that "I m annoying and I wouldnt apologize for what I did wrong" and all those other stuff in my car. I also heard them deciding whether to see later that evening or not. I kept minding my business and decided to turn up the volume of my music which then seemed to disturb her call. She then turns it low and then an argument ensued where she abruptly left the car where I was stopped at an intersection. On the way home, I got a call from a girl, and pretended we were talking and also deciding to see. She then kept asking me who I am going to see. It was at that point I got mad at her behaviour.. cos you cannot play judge and jury on me.... Well, I sternly still warned her not to try such disrespect with me... We argued, were quiet for the rest of the trip, dropped her home and broke up there and then... She probably didnt expect it till I asked for one important item I left in her place, she then texts me to pack her stuff in my place while she does same,..... I m like naaahhh.. forget everything and come arrange her own stuff whenever she ready

I cant stand disrespect.

I read all the comments here and not one single person advised you that relationship is not an easy sail.... This only shows that we have hypocrites on NL or most people don't know what love is. From what u posted up der, u simply allowed those things... The moment she told you or u knew abt her male bestie, you shld have communicated with her as a friend and her man that you can't stand it and it's disrespectful and at such u will not entertain it. Rome was not built in a day! The next girl will give you attitude, and the next, and the next.... So u will continue leaving? Do you know how mentally challenging that is? That is why you should not rush into relationships, it is not for babies. Build friendship and your friendship will blossom into relationship. From your post, it's not much of a big issue but Wat I see on your own part, is that you have been observing and keeping things to yourself which is not good. Communicate with your next partner, it will save you from all this drama and lastly, relationships require lots of work and tolerance. Everyone giving advice here did not tell u how they beg their ladies or how their ladies beg them, nobody is perfect yet, so if you feel this is something you both can work out fine, go ahead and work it out. This is not an issue, it's a phase and it will pass.

Pls don't blame her blame yourself for rushing into a relationship with someone that has attitude problems! Didn't u see the signs before you asked her out? Or u didn't even observe her, u just asked her out? Pls look before you leap next time!

1 Like

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
jesmond3945:
My brother if she comes back please take her back. Nothing spoil. From your writeup there is nothing wrong, it is a normal phase in women. She is just using that guy to make you jealous. Nothing spoil bro. Cheers.

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
openmine:

The issue is you think or alleged am in support of the guy due to his side of his story which is rather unfounded and irrational!
You also assumed that i took the side of men and went on a bashing spree which is partly due to the fact that you just could not comprehend my comments clearly!
You said you are objective but clearly its the opposite!
Unless the word objective has a new meaning,i think [b]you are just trying to be sentimental towards the lady...
[/b]Its just too obvious that you are now saying what am saying....
Like i have said,from the trail of your comments and responses,its obvious that you just have issues with men or maybe you have a problem comprehending!

In which of my comments? Being sentimental towards the lady
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by rosalieene(f): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Omoluabi9:
Your a fool.
and you're the bigger fool

1 Like

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

In which of my comments?

I am not missing the point. It is a relationship between two people who know exactly how they have been running it. We talk about this respect as if it is only given by the lady. Does he also show respect to her?

We are only hearing from the side of the guy and he will say it to his favour. The funny thing is that if it were a lady who came here with a story, most guys will not support her but will say they need to hear the guy's part too. But a guy comes with this and it is "bash the girl galore"

Some men just carry the respect thing as a banner but meanwhile they are disrespectful towards their womem

Obviously you speak from the standpoint of a guy. You think guys don't flirt with other girls instead of solving their issues. It is just that when a lady does it, it is termed "disrespect".

And at what point did I support the lady? By asking the guy if he offended and refused to apologize?

Did you even see my response to his reply? I guess you did not.

The op has obviously downplayed his own faults and involvement.

We all agree that cheating is not only resident in a lady...however in this case,instead of condemning the lady for what she did,you are shielding the lady...
In other words,you are trying to make excuses for her misbehavior and ill mannered nature!
My analogy is simple...
whats wrong is wrong and must be totally condemned no matter the gender involved!
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
openmine:

We all agree that cheating is not only resident in a lady...however in this case,instead of condemning the lady for what she did,you are shielding the lady...
In other words,you are trying to make excuses for her misbehavior and ill mannered nature!
My analogy is simple...
whats wrong is wrong and must be totally condemned no matter the gender involved!

ImaIma1:

She probably has an attitude issue then. She should be to talk when asked and understand your busy schedule to an extent. Because I know that even when we know our men are busy, we still want to spend time with him as much as we can .

She will learn eventually but I hope it won't be late then

Is the above comment sentimental or being supportive of the lady?
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

She probably has an attitude issue then. She should be to talk when asked and understand your busy schedule to an extent. Because I know that even when we know our men are busy, we still want to spend time with him as much as we can .

She will learn eventually but I hope it won't be late then

Is this being sentimental or supportive of the lady?
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Sparkles003(f): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Bros,
I've read your lengthy writeup and I'd analyze your plight with a little analogy.

You are her uber driver,
She is your passenger,
He is your passenger's next uber driver.

She loves neither of you. Instead, you guys are her ego-boosting tools.
May God give you the wisdom and maturity to handle your next passenger.
Amen
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by tosyne2much(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
homirefacuny:

Red flags.. They are always flying around in ladies with attitudinal problems. It can't be hidden for too long if you observe well.. I take a walk once I see such. Life is too short to tolerate BS from idiots.
That's very true.. It's a serious sign of danger
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
openmine:

My analogy is simple...

Your bolded statement doesn't even indicate that I am being sentimental towards the girl. You just read your own meaning into it and that has informed your rant
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

Is the above comment sentimental or being supportive of the lady?
Just seeing this comment...
Your first comment on this thread was clearly biased and in support of the lady...
however the comment above was made just after OP responded to your quote and explained about her attitude...
Remember i only responded to your first comment and not the one you put up which was directed to the OP!
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by icogb: 8:58pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:
You both are acting like children. And do you feel too proud to apologize to her when you have wronged her?

Because I have noticed that some guys will form ignorance and want to go on like nothing happened instead of acknowledging their offence and apologizing.That is disrespect.

Both of you are probably better of apart.
Exactly. One can easily tell he jst broke up to prove a point. Op, jst as highqueen said, you both lack manners. I wld advc you to hld bck a bit. Dnt listen to all des 21 yr old male nairalanders as most rltshp if not all hv their peculiarities. Hw did you guys start? Can you say she was really serious wif all dat? Jst like I said, calm dan. Dnt alw d urge to shw your support for d male cause make you loss sth you knw your hrt wld likely ache for for d rest of your life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
rosalieene:
thumbs up to the girl
probably you were expecting her to start begging you.

I like as she no even send you.

please send her stuffs to her, relationship is not by force. I see no much sense in your writeup apart from the fact that you guys re tired of each other.

At least she no send you or even try to beg, that's a plus.

I don't know why you guys get worked up when your gfs receive calls from other guys.
she is still a single and not married so isn't indebted to you so imagine after she has shunned other guys for 5 yrs and you both break up, whose lose?
am not advocating for cheating... there is a big difference between cheating and been friendly with other guys..... Her future hubby might not be u so don't block her chances with your jealousy.
swear say u wont get mad if ur boyfriend start recieving flirty calls from different girls on the phone tongue

1 Like

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

Your bolded statement doesn't even indicate that I am being sentimental towards the girl. You just read your own meaning into it and that has informed your rant
Clearly its obvious you don't even peruse or even comprehend your own comments before clicking the submit button!
I guess you know the meaning of being sentimental? right?
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sylver247:

Which kain childishness be this. Must you communicate with attitude?
If you want something, say it and ensure it's done. With the skills God has given you, not petty attitudes.
Exactly....
i refuse to believe all ladies act this way!
i think those who act that way have issues with themselves hence they exhibit such attitude to cover up their annoying flaws!
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
openmine:

Clearly its obvious you don't even peruse or even comprehend your own comments before clicking the submit button!
I guess you know the meaning of being sentimental? right?

It is either your comprehension level is really low or you just are unable to see far from your own thoughts and words. I will keep reading your comments and respond if I have to.

You can go on.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by openmine(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

It is either your comprehension level is really low or you just are unable to see far from your own thoughts and words. I will keep reading your comments and respond if I have to.

You can go on.
Cool grin
I knew this will be your last ditch effort to sound sensible!
...once pushed to a corner,your sorry likes resort to petty insults thereby making a mockery of yourself!
See who is saying one's comprehension is low grin grin
Your trash above is tantamount to a 1960 beatdown volkswagen calling a prado Jeep ugly! cheesy
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by nalizzzy: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Bros,
I've read your lengthy writeup and I'd analyze your plight with a little analogy.

You are her uber driver,
She is your passenger,
He is your passenger's next uber driver.

She loves neither of you. Instead, you guys are her ego-boosting tools.
May God give you the wisdom and maturity to handle your next passenger.
correct

1 Like

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
Seandisputed:

Me i will just drive her very far from home somewhere around badagry then drop her ass there, let her find her way back.

Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Snow87(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2018
ottohan:

U have been making sensless comments on this forum of-late, mind you, you are still an undergraduate still eating mama,thank you....papa, thank you and hence dont really know what the real world entails...
Try and focus on your studoes first, so dat you can repay ur parents by getting them out of the slum they are living in.....
spot on sir, ur observation is correct, I dey ur back like hunchback sir.
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
rosalieene:

and you're the bigger fool
NO! Based on your first comment, YOU ARE THE FOOL!
Re: My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect by ImaIma1(f): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
Daniwes:

I have to come in here.
Downplayed what I really dont want to go TMI, but trust me, I am a gentleman in many ways. Imagine someone out of a moving car, stopped at a traffic light, just because I wouldnt turn down the volume of the music, when she is making spiteful remarks about me. I still had to act matured to stop and convice her to go back into the car. No way... absolutely no way... I personally felt it was all due to her immaturity and nothing else which is why despite my attempts to explain how what she did was disrespectful, she still continued saying crap. I wanted to have a normal proper conversation with her, but she will still continue with the attitude. People say I am soft, but I know that once I make up my mind, I could be a heartless devil.

Too much I cant say in here. I remember another incident when we had a fight and words were exchanged, she went calling one of my friends who private chats her right in my presence, despite warning and advising her that we both cannot share the same close friends... It doesnt make sense. I had to warn the guy to stay in his lane. I still blamed her cos at the end, you give the rappour you get.

In summary, Its all immaturity which I am not ready to deal with at all. Gladly, some time has passed, and its all waned off. She sure will be making a mistake to try to come back, cos then it will be pure revenge.

Wow! She really seems to have some deep issues and seems like a toxic person and one prone to abuse and violence. It is not only women who suffer abuse in relationships/marriage. So please be careful when it comes to matters of the heart.

I don't like to advise people to leave or stay with their partners except it is life threatening situation. But I am sure you know what to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strike Notice From Boyfriends Association Of Nigeria / Lady Kneels Down To Propose To Her Boyfriend & Gets A YES (Video, Pix) / Real Reason Women Cheat In Marriage – Blessing CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.