Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (41848 Views)

Curvy New Jersey Teacher Under Fire As Parents Call For Her Sack (Photos) / Cultism: Uyo High School Shut, Students Order Principal To Release Cultists / Secondary School Shut Over Strange Behavior Of Girls Shaking Their Chests.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2018
What we fail to understand is being secular is definitely not the best way for us to live together. .. Honestly if we truly want to live together in peace and harmony let's accommodate each other and respect our differences. Stop coming online to shout one religion is terror, stop being hostile to fellow human in the name of religion. Let all live and be happy in their space. I see nothing wrong if we elaborate our education and other systems that we all use together to accommodate all belief. Where by no one need to sacrifice an important part of their beliefs. I know that no Christian will want to go to a school were you have to wear hijab compulsorily. But honestly we can all co-inhabite without all this brouhaha if we recognize and respect our differences. We all can't have same identity, we cant do all things same way so let's all be tolerated as far as what is being tolerated is not harmful to others. Let's recognize right and need for others to live too. Whether government or private institution we can all accommodate. I believe their should be a strict law that protect all from religious discrimination
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by TheKingIsHere: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:
majority of you christians lack good moral and tolerant. You will start the problem and later shifted the blame on Muslim. They sould go to another school as if the school belong to christian. For how long student has been wearing hijab to this school? My sister attended this school with hijb without any harassment. What about wearing beret cap to school by christians student? You can as well ask yourself what has hijab need to do with study. Have they not been doing well well in their exams or what? They should just take th principl to court.

You say Christians are not tolerant yet you see more Muslims in Christian schools than in their own tolerant Islamic schools.

Now, wearing of beret cap is only done in Christian schools not a secular school with it own rules.

Learn to follow instructions, and if you don't like the rules, take ur child to Ansarudeen Islamic school where they will be the ones to wear your child the hijab

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Aarenaija: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2018
These people would always look for a means to create problems.
Are they the only religion in the society?
Must you send your wards to the school?
If you can't go by the school rules, take your child out of the place and look for another good school that allow for hijab.
What is the problem with these people self? Always causing problems in the name of religion.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by omokab: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Chanchit:

YOU are part of the problem. How many times have you seen cele people wear sutana to school? Or catholics put on that their scarf, or other denominations put on their religious wears to school? If you know you want to wear hijab, you can enroll your daughter in Islamic schools.
and ISI is a christian school? Who told those you mentioned not to wear sutana to scholl? I know they can't because it is not mandatory for them in the bible. Is there any good dressing code in the bible? No! That is why christians dominated area is always full of indecent dressing. Have breast out and half pant out. Eg portharcourt, owerri delta etc

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2018
darqly:
Look at all the bodies copied in their letter- MURIC, MULAN, MUSEVENI, SCIA, PAN, just because of hijab. A cultural dressing, not originally a religious dressing oh. But why are children out of school or why are they receiving low quality education, nobody writes. Misplaced priorities is all I see. Hijab for president 2019 grin grin grin

Islam is an evil religion. I used to be afraid to say it but not any more

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Lilimax(f): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2018
Housing:

Uniform is different from wearing of hijab. Does wearing of hijab change the school uniform? Students only wear hijab with the school uniform, and mostly same colour as the school uniform.
Wear your hijab in your home or mosque and not in public school. If you must cover your head, wear a beret. Same hijab rubbish happened in Lagos sometime ago and they were taken to court and worn. Hijab are currently not being worn in public schools in Lagos embarassed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2018
Neoguru6:
The question should be: is the hijab part of the school's uniform? If it is not, case closed, if you don't like the school's policy on conventional uniform the school's gate is open.

What is your definition of conventional. To allow use of hijab in a school system, what does it change from the school policy.
Bigotry everywhere and this is not good for us really
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2018
bluecircle470:
Confused people, if God wants it that way then he’ll have created the hijab over their hair. Anywhere this sect(Muslim) see peace and tranquility, they will not be happy and always try to bring misunderstandings/fight.
Oh you should have no need for clothes since you not created wearing one.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by omoelerin1: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2018
post=72922341:
Here we go again......
Buhari is a religious fanatic.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by biuty20: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2018
Hmmmm......People hiding under religion to cause trouble.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 8:55am On Nov 13, 2018
Aarenaija:
These people would always look for a means to create problems.
Are they the only religion in the society?
Must you send your wards to the school?
If you can't go by the school rules, take your child out of the place and look for another good school that allow for hijab.
What is the problem with these people self? Always causing problems in the name of religion.
so because they have to wear hijab they have to sacrifice their right to education. As long as what they are requesting is not infringing in anyone right you shouldn't do same to them
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:
majority of you christians lack good moral and tolerant. You will start the problem and later shifted the blame on Muslim. They sould go to another school as if the school belong to christian. For how long student has been wearing hijab to this school? My sister attended this school with hijb without any harassment. What about wearing beret cap to school by christians student? You can as well ask yourself what has hijab need to do with study. Have they not been doing well well in their exams or what? They should just take th principl to court.

According to you, christians are intolerant.

1. How many Muslims have you heard killed by Christian mobs in Nigeria ? But Muslims will kill and burn you if you cross the road on the wrong side in northern states.

2. El rufai claimed Jesus was a bastard, he was not killed, but Ben Bruce asked Mohammed to choose a virgin from among his beauty queens and your people burnt down Bauchi, Kaduna and Zaria.

3. There is a central mosque in every southern state. No exception. Show me the central church in Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kebbi or Zamfara.

4. Christians voted for two Muslims in the 1993 presidential election. Which Muslim will vote for a Christian/ Christian ticket ?

5. Boko Haram kills people who do not accept their way of life. Show me the Christian equivalent of Boko Haram, El shabab or Isis anywhere in the world.

6. Your Muslim president and his COAS are killing fellow muslims (shiites) because they do not belong to the same sect. Have you ever heard of Catholics in Nigeria killing Anglicans, or Baptists killing Cherubim and Seraphim or Pentecostals killing Later Day Saints?

Islam is terrorism. Period.

P.S On the issue of morality : don't just go there at all. Muslims are among the most hypocritical people in Nigeria. Currency trafficking, drug and alcohol abuse, homosexuality, sorcery, bestiality, fornication.... Don't go there. Please.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2018
We need to attack matters with sentiments, bigotry or personal hatred. Allowing the use of hijab as part of the school uniform even sewn by the school to avoid disparities changes nothing. It is a freedom exhibited by law and part of the deen.

Now some people will come saying, should other faith be allowed to use theirs to school too.

The simple answer is do they wear it to office, meetings, work, outing, and others. But the hijab is goes everywhere with a Muslim woman not just to mosque which common sense should tell us of its significance in the faith.

Some people will still bring excuses anyways, this is not for you to accept but to expand the dimension of our reasoning!
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 13, 2018
princfred:
Some of the Christians there are still naïve to what is coming. They will even call one a fear-monger for highlighting this reality.

I must admit you are right even if it's painful. cry cry

I don't have kids yet but I will have to work harder to save them from what is to come.

I am really sad, scared and perplexed about the problem and danger islam poses to the SW.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Lilimax(f): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2018
Instead of these parents fighting for improvement in academic performance of the various schools, they are busy chasing after hijab :
Tell me any these hijab wearing schools that came out top in performance during the last SSCE?
Osun state comes to my mind and with all their fight over wearing of hijab, they still did very poor in the last WAEC Examination.

** Quote me to your loss** tongue

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by NoToPile: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2018
fergie001:

@inception...
In the 80s,prior to Nigeria's registration with the OIC,a Muslim politician and philanthropist(who is dead now,names withheld) had obtained grants from Saudi-Arabia to build the Central Mosque.
Before it was built,it was one small mosque at a corner of some metres away from where the Mosque now stands....
This politician now built the Mosque where it now stands adjacent to the cross where the full view of the cross was facing the worshippers whenever the looked up.....
It now caused a heavy religious problem akin to what's happening as they petitioned the then Head of state,and Minister of Education who had their sympathies.
Nigeria just got herself registered at the OIC and the then Minister,Prof. Jubril Aminu(himself,an old boy of the school),had summoned the then VC,Prof. Ayo Banjo to Lagos(then seat of government),and told him specifically to remove the cross to quell the problem. That cross you see there has been there since 1954.
The Christians(staff and students) prior to that had sworn that they rather die than move that cross.
The VC replied the Minister....that it will be easier for the Minister to remove him as VC than for the cross to be relocated.
The cross still stands there till today,
If you are familiar with that place you will discover that in front of the Central Mosque,there is a big wall built with blocks,specifically to block the cross whenever the Muslims pray......

Interesting...

Thanks.

I am getting really worried about us in the SW, a large percentage of us have mixed religious families, my maternal cousins are muslims.

I just hope religion will not divide the Yoruba people at the end of the day. Its subtle but its gaining momentum and its the kids that are being programmed for this.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Islam is an evil religion. I used to be afraid to say it before but not any more

Very very very very evil religion.

I now really hate and fear adherents of the religion. cry

I am just tired and sad that I am yoruba. We have plenty muslims here.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by TruthFM(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
i.s.i that year of fun
i knw dat ugly woman called olowe
very arrogant and shiit
talking abt 97-2006
fuc
na mad schl then
when boys dey put on timbs come school

How many years did you spend in secondary school? shocked

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by omokab: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You say Christians are not tolerant yet you see more Muslims in Christian schools than in their own tolerant Islamic schools.

Now, wearing of beret cap is only done in Christian schools not a secular school with it own rules.

Learn to follow instructions, and if you don't like the rules, take ur child to Ansarudeen Islamic school where they will be the ones to wear your child the hijab
and yu don't see a christians going to islamic schools? If you don't want yourchild to associate with Muslim childrenchildren. Takeher to Christian school.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by no1madman(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

it should be in the law for every establishment, private or public to not discriminate on any religion. If no institution discriminate base on race or sex then the More discrimination we eliminate the better
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by no1madman(m): 9:00am On Nov 13, 2018
[img][/img] grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by kullozone(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2018
These people always make trouble wherever they are found... they get preferential treatment and still go on to complain when they are denied certain things.

I don't like themsmiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2018
BalogunIdowu:
We need to attack matters with sentiments, bigotry or personal hatred. Allowing the use of hijab as part of the school uniform even sewn by the school to avoid disparities changes nothing. It is a freedom exhibited by law and part of the deen.

Now some people will come saying, should other faith be allowed to use theirs to school too.

The simple answer is do they wear it to office, meetings, work, outing, and others. But the hijab is goes everywhere with a Muslim woman not just to mosque which common sense should tell us of its significance in the faith.

Some people will still bring excuses anyways, this is not for you to accept but to expand the dimension of our reasoning!

Thank you for your contribution. It is level headed but there are some issues with this.

1. The hijab is cultural not religious. There are many Muslims who do not wear the hijab, life has not stopped for them.

2. School uniforms in the south are NOT Christian attire. They are western attire. So dispensation cannot be made for any group.

3. Following (2) above, if we concede to any group, anarchy will follow. Eckankar will want their own dressing, Baptists something different, Orunmila another thing. Even nudists, feminists, men's right activists will want something to suit their ideology.

4. This dressing has existed for more than a century. There is no compelling need for change.

5. There are many Islamic schools in Ibadan where the children can go. They must not stay in this school. Have they never heard of Mission schools ?

6. Nigeria is a SECULAR state. That means no religion is to be given prominence. None. Some people need to be reminded of that.

7. If we concede on dressing, what is next ? Prayer ? Halal meals ? Curriculum ? Segregation by sex ?

8. Islamists are trouble makers worldwide. You may disagree, but the evidence is compelling.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by TheKingIsHere: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2018
rkennyking:
it should be in the law for every establishment, private or public to not discriminate on any religion. If no institution discriminate base on race or sex then the More discrimination we eliminate the better

If there is a law saying no discrimination, the same Islamic schools like answarudeen and co will still kick against it.

They love to cause chaos

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Very very very very evil religion.

I now really hate and fear adherents of the religion. cry

I am just tired and sad that I am yoruba. We have plenty muslims here.

hmmm you mistakenly said you hate fellow humans . Religion is made up of people. If you hate them then do you expect them to love you back. This is how we create apprehension .i am not saying you should not hate anyone you want to hate but I advice you do that knowing that loving is also possible thing for you to do and it cost you nothing

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by neyobills: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
KRDCROWN:
Mrs Olowe is not being fair on this students wearing hijabs... She is an extremist, a fundamentalist.

Mrs Olowe is not the owner of the school so the decision is beyond her as stated,do u lots ever take time to read?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Protein0: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
I don't know why some people are bitter over nothing.

They want to wear hijab, on their heads. How does it affect you?

The school has dress code, does it forbids hijab? No!

Has any Muslim group clamored for a modification to the males' students dress code? No!

Why is this issue of hijab in schools peculiar to the south only? Are there no schools in the north?

Any southerner can ask his parents or grand parents what schools used to be.
Schools were 'evangelical' tools in those days. Lots of people who resisted it back then ended up with half education or not going to school at all. What a tolerant religion indeed.

ISI is a school owned by UI staff community (comprising adherents of many faiths). Any activity or policy against any faith should be addressed. Let other religions' faithfuls bring up their cases too but do remember that these girls clamoring for hijab wear it at home too. After all not all Muslim girls wear it. But should we deny those that can't do without it?
Others should clamor for what they wear at home too and not customes to wipe sentiments like they did in Iwo few years back.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
Christians just have to work hard to enrol their children in strictly christian/western schools. When it is time to enrol my children in school, I will undertake a personal inspection of the school to ensure that there are no muslim kids there so as to save my children from the scourge of islam.

Christians have to ensure that our kids don't mix with these scums. There is no other way about it, they have proven to be the most dangerous set of people in the World. A very dangerous demographic in any society who would stop at nothing to expand their territory.

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by neyobills: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
stixz:

Don't talk like you don't have sense. Do you see these people you mention wear their attire in their everyday life?

These people can also decide to wear it everyday the same way some Muslims also choose not to wear hijab,its called choice and u can't dictate what another religion decided to do with their attire, or is your nonsense sense not telling u that not only Muslims have the monopoly of wearing their attire whenever they deem fit.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

If there is a law saying no discrimination, the same Islamic schools like answarudeen and co will still kick against it.

They love to cause chaos
I can't remember the last time a post came up about the school you mentioned. If there is a law and some school chose to kick against it let them face the wrath of law. It's not for you to prompt. Right now we need to solve a problem and if their is another we keep working on our relationship as humans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

SS1 Student Brutally Beaten By His Teacher In Yobe State (Disturbing Photo) / Davido & Chioma Featured In YABATECH Exam Questions / OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.