Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (41852 Views)

Curvy New Jersey Teacher Under Fire As Parents Call For Her Sack (Photos) / Cultism: Uyo High School Shut, Students Order Principal To Release Cultists / Secondary School Shut Over Strange Behavior Of Girls Shaking Their Chests.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2018
rkennyking:
hmmm you mistakenly said you hate fellow humans . Religion is made up of people. If you hate them then do you expect them to love you back. This is how we create apprehension .i am not saying you should not hate anyone you want to hate but I advice you do that knowing that loving is also possible thing for you to do and it cost you nothing

Love people that want to change the way our society works? People that want my kids to wear hijab against the tenets of their faith? Love people that would blow me up if given the opportunity?

Come on......the fear which islam generates in adherents of other faiths is justifiable. Christians should just be careful when relating with muslims, it's just for their safety.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by TheKingIsHere: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:
and yu don't see a christians going to islamic schools? If you don't want yourchild to associate with Muslim childrenchildren. Takeher to Christian school.

How many Christians go to Islamic schools compared to Muslims going to Christian schools?

Can you also provide a case were Christians were causing issues in Muslim schools over dressing?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Owodiran1:
i am a Muslim bro
And i have never been wanting for any misconduct or trouble making. What we should focus on is educating this people instead of generalizing. Letting them know islamic rules is different from school rules. Please don't generalize. Christianity and islam religion have a lot of beautiful souls and at the same time they both have shares of ugly souls. All religions have different shares of different people don't generalize my brother. God bless you and I always

You sound extremely reasonable as a Muslim. I'm sorry I don't mean to insult your Religion. You sound peaceful too which is nice. I hardly see a Muslim with this kind of tone when argument arises and I give you kudos for this.

Now, you claim the Christians antagonising these people should rather educate them?

But don't you think the job is better done by few Muslims having your kind of heart?

If a Christian should point to a Muslim that he is wrong, do you think he wouldn't say its because he is a Christian, he said that because he hates him?

But when a Muslim calls a Muslim and chastise him or her, they would want to consider the advice and reason . So the ball is in your court . Do the needful.

And Bro. You wanna hear the truth?

Islam is not a Religion of Peace.

Think over it!!!!

Remain richly blessed.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Very very very very evil religion.

I now really hate and fear adherents of the religion. cry

I am just tired and sad that I am yoruba. We have plenty muslims here.

It has nothing to do with yoruba.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by fergie001: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2018
NoToPile:

Interesting...

Thanks.

I am getting really worried about us in the SW, a large percentage of us have mixed religious families, my maternal cousins are muslims.

I just hope religion will not divide the Yoruba people at the end of the day. Its subtle but its gaining momentum and its the kids that are being programmed for this.
One just have to be careful and prayerful......
The politicians have seen this as a subtle means to replace themselves with their cronies.....
The division is already there,it's just been masked because of the value and premium on education there....
In UI,you won't know a Christian or Moslem........religion takes a back seat but see how they have brought up a non-issue to divide children along religious lines ........
The same thing they do at Hall elections,SUG elections,even VC elections.....that bad!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Afonja007: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

And you think they are not been mistreated?
Actually they are

The foundation of Nigerian education was based on the idea of our colonial master most if not all were Christian missionaries.
Everything about the structure is in line with Christianity,that is why you can't see anything wrong in it.

We are now an independent nation,our ideology too should be independent,we know there are both Christians and Muslims in this country let accommodate both and stop hiding under secularism, Nigeria is not a secular nation except we want to deceive ourselves.

What is wrong in wearing hijab?will it affect your own dress?
Tell me.The problem stems from the fact that we claim to live together but we fail to understand eachother.
Muslim prays compulsorily 5times a day and part of the requirements is for you to cover what is necessary in your body.If Muslims are not allow to wear hijab,they won't be able to do this obligation anywhere they are whenever there is time for the prayer.

Any thing that is demanded by Muslims are called many names Islamisation, extremism, terrorism.Let stop this and reason intellectually.We are all biased in one way or the other we just don't won't to agree,give us space too what are you afraid of.

Islam is not limited to mosque,it pervades all areas of a Muslim life,he must look at everything with Islamic spectacles and act accordingly.

If it is a private enterprise u can have it in your way but for government owned we both have the right to enjoy it without infringement on our fundamental rights.

hijab is not part school uniform period,

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by kullozone(m): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:
and ISI is a christian school? Who told those you mentioned not to wear sutana to scholl? I know they can't because it is not mandatory for them in the bible. Is there any good dressing code in the bible? No! That is why christians dominated area is always full of indecent dressing. Have breast out and half pant out. Eg portharcourt, owerri delta etc

You people are hypocrites and pretenders. I live in Lagos and I know what girls with hijab can do with a guy's preek.

They only appear decent but are actually chronic fornicators...
You can hardly see a fifteen year old hijab wearing virgin, here in Lagos.

Don't take it personal though... I don't favor any religionsmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by princfred(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
tamethem:

Answer to your reasonable question is.

End Drawing nearer

Like you rightly said the school has been running smoothly for decades and has not witness such drama churning out both christian and Muslim leaders. So why Now?

End drawing near !

Islam is one major weapon the anti Christ will use to propagate his intentions. Don't you wonder why every chaos or let say 80% of problems of the world is engineered by Muslims?

Mention that country in the world that has not had its share in Islamic troubles. They must have one thing or the other to protest about.

Where ever there is peace in the world today, its either there is no Muslim there or very small number of Muslims are there and one day, when they grow in number there is gonna be problem.

It is not as if I hate Muslims, No! I have quite a number of them as friends, but this should not make one shy away from the truth and bearing his mind.

Like I always say, if I was born a Muslim , I would have changed as a teenager, because I am not blind or deaf to see and hear the atrocities of Muslims all over the world. They are quick to say Islam is a religion of peace but Contrary is the case. They rejoice seeing problem and chaos, They don't care if anyone is in agony as long as they are satisfied they are pleasing allah.

The schools have dress codes that have been maintained for decades. Both Muslims and Christians have been abiding with the dress code. I am sure if a Rosary is found hanging on the neck of any Catholic child , it would be seized by the school authority because it is not part of the dress code. And if that is done the Catholic Parents or priest wont come protesting.

Why is it always about muslims.

There are Islamic primary and secondary schools scattered all over the state why not take your kids there. They are allowed to use hyjab and even go to pray every of your prayer hours. By that there won't be problem.

Islam forming Religion of peace is funny. Because Contrary is the case.

Don't destroy the peace of ISI with your Religion of Peace mentality. Take your kids to a Muslim Schools.

They can even wear Jalamias, Sabaca, and hyjab there.

And when they grow older and become doctors, nurses, Soldiers, police men and women. They too start fighting the government to include Jalamia and hyjab into the dress codes of these proffesions.

All because where ever Islam is, there must be Chaos.

Let there be peace.
You are wise.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
Christians just have to work hard to enrol their children in strictly christian/western schools. When it is time to enrol my children in school, I will undertake a personal inspection of the school to ensure that there are no muslim kids there so as to save my children from the scourge of islam.

Christians have to ensure that our kids don't mix with these scums. There is no other way about it, they have proven to be the most dangerous set of people in the World. A very dangerous demographic in any society who would stop at nothing to expand their territory.
don't you think your submission is not less hostile too. You just stated that you hate another fellow for practicing a different religion from yours. So if I have a different dress sense from yours you going to hate me for that OK. Instead live and let live, honestly if the way of dressing in secular school is more strictly skewed towards the Islamic culture you won't find it funny . Like secular school make it compulsory for your child to put hijab on. Pls let's all accommodate one another. We can be better with love than with hate
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

It has nothing to do with yoruba.

It has to do with yoruba because I am a yoruba man who has plenty muslims in his region.

I fear for the future of my kids and it's a justifiable fear.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 13, 2018
Owodiran1:
i am a Muslim bro
And i have never been wanting for any misconduct or trouble making. What we should focus on is educating this people instead of generalizing. Letting them know islamic rules is different from school rules. Please don't generalize. Christianity and islam religion have a lot of beautiful souls and at the same time they both have shares of ugly souls. All religions have different shares of different people don't generalize my brother. God bless you and I always

You sound extremely reasonable as a Muslim. I'm sorry I don't mean to insult your Religion. You sound peaceful too which is nice. I hardly see a Muslim with this kind of tone when argument arises and I give you kudos for this.

Now, you claim the Christians antagonising these people should rather educate them?

But don't you think the job is better done by few Muslims having your kind of heart?

If a Christian should point to a Muslim that he is wrong, do you think he wouldn't say its because he is a Christian, he said that because he hates him?

But when a Muslim calls a Muslim and chastise him or her, they would want to consider the advice and reason . So the ball is in your court . Do the needful.

And Bro. You wanna hear the truth?

Islam is not a Religion of Peace.

Think over it!!!!

Remain richly blessed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by babacletus: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2018
this is a very useless argument, if you have attended goverment schools, military schools etc muslim and christian students wore the same uniform amd learnt together without any form of discrimination

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by neyobills: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2018
therealsaheed:
The question you should be asking is the school law rule against wearing of hijab, if not they should allow the Muslim students to wear the hijab unless otherwise. The school management should know the school rule than others but it seems they are not. You may not know my brother it is not even allow for a Muslim girls to drop her hijab for one seconds outside on her own. You know why the school management shut the classrooms? because they are guilty.

Do u know what a uniform means,I doubt you do,if they must allow the Muslims wear hijab then the concept on uniformity is damaged,the funny thing is if we allow the non uniformity of wearing hijab I hope u lots won't be screaming subanallah when sangowale comes to school in cowried braids.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Neoguru6: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2018
BalogunIdowu:

What is your definition of conventional. To allow use of hijab in a school system, what does it change from the school policy.
Bigotry everywhere and this is not good for us really
There isn't any bigotry here. I went to a school where 99.9% of the population is christian but if you bring and wear any church relics such as bangles, chaplets, etc, it would be ceased, it didn't sound too cool to us but that was school policy.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Chanchit: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:
and ISI is a christian school? Who told those you mentioned not to wear sutana to scholl? I know they can't because it is not mandatory for them in the bible. Is there any good dressing code in the bible? No! That is why christians dominated area is always full of indecent dressing. Have breast out and half pant out. Eg portharcourt, owerri delta etc

After all the decent dressing in the north, has it stopped the high cases of gay/lesbianism practice there? ISI is not a Christian school, is it a Muslim school? School is not a religious house, this nonsense should stop.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2018
rkennyking:
don't you think your submission is not less hostile too. You just stated that you hate another fellow for practicing a different religion from yours. So if I have a different dress sense from yours you going to hate me for that OK. Instead live and let live, honestly if the way of dressing in secular school is more strictly skewed towards the Islamic culture you won't find it funny . Like secular school make it compulsory for your child to put hijab on. Pls let's all accommodate one another. We can be better with love than with hate

Muslims are terrorists and troublemakers but you want me to love them?

I literally shake in my boots when I am anywhere near muslims and you want me to enrol my kids in the same school with muslims? Where would I manufacture the love from? Are muslims peacful people? Don't you see how they are causing trouble and pains for adherents of other faiths worldwide?

My children deserve the safety and peace of being in muslim free schools/environment!

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dasilver20(f): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2018
I dnt think the issue of religion should raise so much dust in a government school .afterall hijab is allowed in our universities since there is no standard uniform so pls dear islamic parents follow the school dress code

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by princfred(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I must admit you are right even if it's painful. cry cry

I don't have kids yet but I will have to work harder to save them from what is to come.

I am really sad, scared and perplexed about the problem and danger islam poses to the SW.
Thank you sir for being real. No matter how the world wants to downplay it or wish it away the truth remains that Islam is like HIV to the society. They come deceptively in the name of peace, remain salient and multiply. No matter how long it takes, once they have enough people especially in power then unleash mayhem politically and violently on the rest. This has been their modus operandi the world over. Will the case of SW (even Nigeria in entirety overtime) be different? Any smart person should doubt. But then we love to be politically correct at the expense of truth. So what can I say, may piss...no.....sh*t.....sorry....peace of Islam be upon those who refuse to believe.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Neoguru6: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2018
hajide:

Does the hijab change the school uniform? If not, case closed
Girl A: Doesn't wear hijab
Girl B: wears hijab
Implication: both students are not wearing the same attire, they are not uniform.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by carinmom(f): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2018
yankison:

I hate Muslims with their stupid laws .always causing problem everywhere ..

And I'm very sure you will always be quick to claim that Christianity is the most tolerant religion. Maybe there is another meaning of tolerance than the one we know. All I know is that Christians are the most hypocritical beings ever.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2018
Tfkspecial:
What a hypocritical environment we found ourselves, when a female student wears a micro mini gown to school she is seen has exercising her right but the moment she puts on a hijab and dress modestly, she is termed a fanatic. ISI belongs to everyone and the right of female Muslim students should protected as enshrined in our constitution
hope you know ISI is a private school and not a FG school?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Love people that want to change the way our society works? People that want my kids to wear hijab against the tenets of their faith? Love people that would blow me up if given the opportunity?

Come on......the fear which islam generates in adherents of other faiths is justifiable. Christians should just be careful when relating with muslims, it's just for their safety.
come on that is a lie nobody wants your kids to wear hijab. Rather you are the one wanting their kid to do away with hijab against their tenets. If you get my point honestly yes there is religious war around but don't you think the kind of apprehension you just created now could cause one. If a Muslim knows that you will rather want his kid to not wear hijab so you could have your way then he would go any length to make sure he does have his way too. I say simply live and let live that way we all can be happy together. I have had an Hausa guide as my security and all I have to do is let him observe his religion and I observe mine so long as he his doing his work rightly.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Rebelutionary: 9:29am On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

Actually they are

The foundation of Nigerian education was based on the idea of our colonial master most if not all were Christian missionaries.
Everything about the structure is in line with Christianity,that is why you can't see anything wrong in it.

We are now an independent nation,our ideology too should be independent,we know there are both Christians and Muslims in this country let accommodate both and stop hiding under secularism, Nigeria is not a secular nation except we want to deceive ourselves.

Tell me.The problem stems from the fact that we claim to live together but we fail to understand eachother.
Muslim prays compulsorily 5times a day and part of the requirements is for you to cover what is necessary in your body.If Muslims are not allow to wear hijab,they won't be able to do this obligation anywhere they are whenever there is time for the prayer.

Any thing that is demanded by Muslims are called many names Islamisation, extremism, terrorism.Let stop this and reason intellectually.We are all biased in one way or the other we just don't won't to agree,give us space too what are you afraid of.

Islam is not limited to mosque,it pervades all areas of a Muslim life,he must look at everything with Islamic spectacles and act accordingly.

If it is a private enterprise u can have it in your way but for government owned we both have the right to enjoy it without infringement on our fundamental rights.

You dont determine if Nigeria is a secular state or not, the law does!

It is folks like you that make certain countries averse to Islam! You go into a system with standards and want to force yours down the throat of others. Its called UNIFORM for goodness sakes!

That was how a lady brought up a needless controversy during her call to bar all because of a couple of hours ceremony! Does that make her a better Muslim than all the thousands of muslims that passed through the system!

Do you folks always like putting ur religion in the limelight negatively?

How many hours do they spend in school?

I dont think the school will be averse to the muslim students putting on their hijab when they want to pray but wanting to change a schools uniform by putting a hijab on it is a big No No just like people from Chosen
Church cant start wearing that their banner on their kids!

It is simple...take your kid to some Islamic school and wear whatever u want not in a school whose standards u r aware of!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by NairaMaster1(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

Actually they are

If hijab make you holy then why do you use it to bomb people?

I just ask ooo.

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
BalogunIdowu:

What is your definition of conventional. To allow use of hijab in a school system, what does it change from the school policy.
Bigotry everywhere and this is not good for us really

You guys are a bunch of hypocrites. You call not allowing hyjab in a public school Bigotry?

Why do Muslim ladies in Banks and other establishments comply with the dress codes. Where they are allowed to wear such only on Fridays including native dresses. Why do they comply.

They should have contested it proclaiming their freedom to wear hyjab naw and see if they won't receive sack letter after some few warnings.

Islam means Trouble.

Anywhere it is there must be trouble.

No wonder one of my Clients who happens to be a muslim Multi billionaire who owns three Universities has almost all his heads of Departments and Directors as Christians.

Even Muslims know themselves and are careful to employ themselves.

Wisdom!!!!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by neyobills: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2018
omokab:

For your mind its only Islam and Christians that's the only religions in the world,and why are u Muslims quick to say wearing of Christian Sutana isn't mandatory,you are a Muslim and u are also reading the Bible to find out their dressing code, u want to be a Muslim and also be in the know about the Bible at the same time,are u confused?
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by rkennyking(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2018
Neoguru6:
Girl A: Doesn't wear hijab
Girl B: wears hijab
Implication: both students are not wearing the same attire, they are not uniform.
Girl a has a different face
Girl b had a different face
Implication both students can never be uniform in all ways.
Let's examine the need for uniforms
The most reasonable need for uniform is that all student should be able to identify as the school student. Tell me if u put on a school uniform and then have different shoes from others does that stop me from identifying as same school student??
Let us stop being hypocritical do to others what you want done to you too. Saudi don't allow women to drive we all shout it's not fair but this is happening under our nose. Let people be free to choose their basic wants that don't Interfer with others
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by lagosrd: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2018
Nonsense, anywhere they get to they must bring confusion along.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by blank(f): 9:38am On Nov 13, 2018
ISI used to be so hip and very international. Can't believe that the school has been reduced to this. School that has consistently produced best and brightest.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by awoofawoo: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

Actually they are

Oga mind to tell us Nigeria official religion, if the country is not Secular as you claimed.... sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by neyobills: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2018
BalogunIdowu:
We need to attack matters with sentiments, bigotry or personal hatred. Allowing the use of hijab as part of the school uniform even sewn by the school to avoid disparities changes nothing. It is a freedom exhibited by law and part of the deen.

Now some people will come saying, should other faith be allowed to use theirs to school too.

The simple answer is do they wear it to office, meetings, work, outing, and others. But the hijab is goes everywhere with a Muslim woman not just to mosque which common sense should tell us of its significance in the faith.

Some people will still bring excuses anyways, this is not for you to accept but to expand the dimension of our reasoning!

Why should u be questioning other faiths about if they want to wear their regalia,they can also decide to wear it just as the same way some Muslims also don't wear hijab,its called choice stick to your Islam and don't be asking stupid questions and been the judge about the rights of other faiths since no one is judging u.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Caseless: 9:40am On Nov 13, 2018
Stanweezy:
So this people know the rules better than the school, don't combine school rule with Islamic rule. If the school said no wearing of hijab obey it, if u are not satisfied with that you can change your ward to another school that allows that. For Christ sake this is called school UNIFORM meaning everybody must wear this same thing.
you're a headless kid for commenting without reading. Didn't you see where they made reference to rule 7 that does not forbid wearing of hijab?

Kid, give us the school rule that says otherwise.

Nigerian Christians are the most intolerant set on earth. Imagine if this happened in the north. Even in ibadan where Muslims are in the majority, look at how they're treating them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Davido & Chioma Featured In YABATECH Exam Questions / OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities / See This Student's Definitions Of Food Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.