Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Does A Guy Have To Offer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does A Guy Have To Offer? (2076 Views)

As A Guy Have You Experienced This In A Relationship? / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Sexually Molested By A Fellow Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2018
I always see threads and forums where guys rant, rave and troll women because they claim women have nothing to offer in a relationship apart from sex. I strongly disagree. I believe that every woman has a different set of skills or attributes that she brings to the table, be it companionship, affection, emotional support, personal adviser, culinary skills etc to name a few. Saying a woman has absolutely nothing to offer a man but sex is just plain wrong. The reason you even exist is because your father saw something in your mom which wasn't just the thing between her legs(unless you were an accident :p)...if you doubt it, ask him what brought them together. So my question is, what does a man have to offer apart from money and sex? No trolling or insults please...just straight answers. We're all here to learn

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by donbachi(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2018
To take a woman out of her misery called father's house.

9 Likes

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by sarcasticdude(m): 9:20am On Nov 16, 2018
2 bottles of star plus ofu nkpor of Cigarette
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Melison(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2018
Another type of sweetbuns

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by hahahahahaha(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2018
lol

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by donbachi(m): 9:18am
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

You sound like it's a favour you're doing for her. Not all of us are that desperate to be with people with that kind of mentality.

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2018
@hahahaha...your earlier comment was still based on sex. All those nutrients your're claiming men's sperms contain can be gotten from supplements...so....
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
I always see threads and forums where guys rant, rave and troll women because they claim women have nothing to offer in a relationship apart from sex. I strongly disagree. I believe that every woman has a different set of skills or attributes that she brings to the table, be it companionship, affection, emotional support, personal adviser, culinary skills etc to name a few. Saying a woman has absolutely nothing to offer a man but sex is just plain wrong.
only less than 10% of modern Naija ladies offer this. To an average Naija girl, romance is defined by how much you shell out not how much impact they are to your life except the negative impact (financially draining, nagging, monetising sex, disloyalty etc).

The reason you even exist is because your father saw something in your mom which wasn't just the thing between her legs(unless you were an accident :p)...if you doubt it, ask him what brought them together. So my question is, what does a man have to offer apart from money and sex? No trolling or insults please...just straight answers. We're all here to learn
Comparing what men of yesteryears saw in their women to marry them with what is obtainable now is absurd.

In those days you don't have to inherit her financial obligations even before marriage because she has honor to know that herself and her parents are responsible for her needs till she get married. Even when she married her husband she don't sit idle, nag and constantly trouble him to satisfy her wants, even when the needs are challenged she goes out and struggle/hustle to contribute to the growth of the family. She is there when he's broke, she doesn't mock his poor state. She prays for him, advice him against taking illegal route and do her wifely duties...

Now, women of yesteryears are known to be faithful to their marital vows, majority of them married as VIRGINS and they are not ashamed to do whatever is necessary to build the home.

This is one of the major reasons our fathers are proud of their wives and we are proud of our mothers (our Fathers' wives).

If we can get ladies with 50% attributes as it was in the past we won't complain.

Like I always say, this is without prejudice to be sane few young ladies still in existence in Naija

As for what a man offer: Emotional, financial, family and other securities.

10 Likes

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2018
And why do guys always make the general assumption that all women are horrible? Same thing with ladies? Have we dated all the people in the world or even your small corner of the earth to come to this conclusion? Did you carry out any study to determine this? Say no to general trolling.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by SweetBuns(f): 9:52am On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
I always see threads and forums where guys rant, rave and troll women because they claim women have nothing to offer in a relationship apart from sex. I strongly disagree. I believe that every woman has a different set of skills or attributes that she brings to the table, be it companionship, affection, emotional support, personal adviser, culinary skills etc to name a few. Saying a woman has absolutely nothing to offer a man but sex is just plain wrong. The reason you even exist is because your father saw something in your mom which wasn't just the thing between her legs(unless you were an accident :p)...if you doubt it, ask him what brought them together. So my question is, what does a man have to offer apart from money and sex? No trolling or insults please...just straight answers. We're all here to learn
guys here can't make a point without trolling. It is a part of them.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2018
@tonyebarcanista...i acknowledge your points. But you think only 10% of good women who want the best for their men remain in the country undecided...clearly there aren't many successful independent women in your life. I agree there are many gold diggers out there. One just needs to take one's time and be patient in finding the right person. But the crux of the matter is, once you have found her, what does she have to offer? What does he have to offer?...that was what i was trying to explain. There are still tons of good men and women in our generation.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by SweetBuns(f): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
@tonyebarcanista...i acknowledge your points. But you think only 10% of good women who want the best for their men remain in the country undecided...clearly there aren't many successful independent women in your life. I agree there are many gold diggers out there. One just needs to take one's time and be patient in finding the right person. But the crux of the matter is, once you have found her, what does she have to offer? What does he have to offer?...that was what i was trying to explain. There are still tons of good men and women in our generation.
they won't hear
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by SweetBuns(f): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2018
Melison:
Another type of sweetbuns
wink
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by OppMod: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by donbachi(m): 9:18am
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

You sound like it's a favour you're doing for her. Not all of us are that desperate to be with people with that kind of mentality.
Madam shurup and sit down. You are actually ranting atm. Tell me you dont plan on getting married on time.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2018
@oppmod...You just displayed your ignorance. The thread said no insults. Ranting atm? Really? What does that even mean? I don't depend on guys for money. Saying a woman should feel grateful that a man is taking her out of her father's house is just absurd. I should leave my well to do father's house and come and be in your house? Fine. What do you as a man have to offer a woman apart from money n sex? I listed things good women offer their men...you didnt say shit....if anyone should keep shut, its you
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Headlesschicken(m): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2018
undecided Yuh male ancestors must be really disappointed wiv u,how can u ask such a stupendous question, without men dia would be no women,we provide comfort, spiritual n otherwise,we open airways inside d female thinking faculty,to show Dem that dey can truly be more than what dey already are,we brought out d feminism we see in em now,truth b told if d male gender should be deleted,most females would commit suicide,cos majority of em just wanna eat,grow, Phuck a couple d!cks,graduate n get married,n after that dey r clueless... We r d solid foundation holding d female gender up...

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by lovett24(f): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2018
LET’S TRAIN YOU TO TAME 3D CHARACTER ANIMATIONS IN 3 WEEKS! WE WILL TRAIN YOU TO CREATE THE IMPOSSIBLE.

NOTE: The Three Weeks marathon training in DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING and MOBILE APPS DEVELOPMENT already ongoing with trainees greatly enjoying the 100% practical program with Lunch Meal and Unlimited Internet Wifi available for them – WE DELIVER ON PROMISES!

Imagine yourself creating emotive characters, stunning worlds and compelling stories for games, film or commercial projects? Get those cutting-edge, relevant skills that will allow you to enter an exciting creative industry that make you go from strength to strength in the world of 3D CHARACTER ANIMATION. Here’s a bit about the animation chops you can will learn from this training program

FEES: N35,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N40,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE:
TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 2018

VENUE: ADDRESS OF OUR TRAINING CENTER ON OUR WEBSITE

REQUIRED:
Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

ITEM 7: Daily Lunch meal of real Nigerian dishes for participants – CONFIRMED!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE:
At the end of this training, we guarantee that you would be able to design 3D CHARACTER ANIMATIONS!
We even offer the first training day FREE for those interested to come and taste the awesome practical 3D Animations training we offer. But if after the one day free training you would like to commence the full training, you will be paying the full payment of N40,000!
THIS IS A GUARANTEE AT THE END OF THE TRAINING

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Barzinime(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2018
SweetBuns:
they won't hear
We will know who wont hear, sha dont come here to advice upcoming girls about relationship & marriage in 10 years time after failed attempts grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Wow Mr headlesschicken...just wow. I feel super overwhelmed by your level of ignorance. He says that females wouldn't exist without males. "Rolling eyes" if we wanna go that direction, mankind wouldn't exist without females either.
In today’s world, women with their ambitions, intelligence and strength have proved that the word “inferior” has nothing in common with their gender.

The traditional and stereotyped approach towards women as wives and just reproducers of generation is extinct. It’s not a secret, that besides being good mommies, cooks, and housewives, women are also as successful in all areas as men.

Women have proven that they’re not only a tool for bringing up children. They can also be full members of society having their influence on all areas unconditionally. A smart intelligent woman has a mind of her own and can function independently with or without a man. So stop feeling so special and entitled that without you to tell her what to do, she's useless.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
And don't get me wrong people. Just cos you've had bad experiences with certain females, doesn't mean we are all the same and have got nothing to offer. It just saddens me to see the way guys believe that all they have to do is provide money and a woman will be at your beck and call. It's true of many ladies of course. But what about financially independent women? The statement that money answereth all things isn't always true. Wealth is a necessary condition for happiness, but wealth in itself is insufficient for happiness. The question is how do you keep the woman?
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by naijaboiy: 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
Apart from money and sex, what else will you collect from a man. I think we should begin from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by mrblessed(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
And don't get me wrong people. Just cos you've had bad experiences with certain females, doesn't mean we are all the same and have got nothing to offer. It just saddens me to see the way guys believe that all they have to do is provide money and a woman will be at your beck and call. It's true of many ladies of course. But what about financially independent women? The statement that money answereth all things isn't always true. Wealth is a necessary condition for happiness, but wealth in itself is insufficient for happiness. The question is how do you keep the woman?
It seems obvious you like to hear yourself talking (or in this sense reading your write-up). Nobody denies the availability of good ladies, what is undeniable is the paucity of their number. Our society is inundated with a lot of ladies whose thinking start and end with fashion, and do not possess the qualities you listed. And to be frank, a good and well-nurtured lady is an unquantifiable asset to her husband. So, what guys bewail are the scarcity of good ladies and not their unavailability.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Okay..@naijaboiy...there's a lot more that goes into a relationship other than money and sex. But as typical Nigerians, we don't take time to reason those things.
In my first post I mentioned that every woman has a different set of attributes that they bring to the table...real women anyway....such as companionship, support, adviser, culinary skills and many more. In the same vein, men have a lot to offer apart from money and sex, they are expected to mirror the attributes of the women or bring in some of their own. Such attributes include, listening, respect, honor, faithfulness on both sides, a protector, etc.

The bottom line is that we as Nigerians have much and more to learn when it comes to appreciation of both sexes.
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by naijaboiy: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
krissy123:
Okay..@naijaboiy...there's a lot more that goes into a relationship other than money and sex. But as typical Nigerians, we don't take time to reason those things.
In my first post I mentioned that every woman has a different set of attributes that they bring to the table...real women anyway....such as companionship, support, adviser, culinary skills and many more. In the same vein, men have a lot to offer apart from money and sex, they are expected to mirror the attributes of the women or bring in some of their own. Such attributes include, listening, respect, honor, faithfulness on both sides, a protector, etc.

The bottom line is that we as Nigerians have much and more to learn when it comes to appreciation of both sexes.
i like the way you switched to the "real woman" angle. So still ask yourself how many real women do you see everyday around you? You may be a real woman(by your definitions of course), but that does not mean it's not difficult to find them.

Secondly, do you think when men say all women want is their money and nothing else, that such a statement is just a fallacy? It is a worldwide statement, heck even career wives still expect their husband to input some sort of financial aid no matter how much they earn. Some of these women are successful in their own right yet they still have the natural sense of entitlement you all have.

Are you going to say such women aren't real? The crux of the matter is that y'all don't address the matter of women being overly dependent, instead you push that fact under the rug and bring up a counter argument, asking men what they bring to the table.

Pardon me but I'm so sorry to say that a woman who is unaware of what a man brings to the table is living under a rock. There is a reason why women folk subconsciously attach themselves to rich and successful men. Now don't tell me that's not all that matters.

Following from that, you will agree with me that a full grown and responsible man knows that it is his obligation to provide and cater, but that doesn't mean you should set mundane and ridiculous standards for him because that is what most women of this generation are guilty of.

And when such a man sees that despite all his efforts you do not appreciate but instead complain, he sees you as a liability and a baggage making him to question your usefulness in his house or even his life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by spunkyuch(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
The question should be "What does a guy not have to offer"
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by Lucifer66(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
Men complete a woman, without a man, a woman is useless.
That's why they want to get married to desperately angry
Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by mezarddinny: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
financial protection, you all get monetary backing from us that your pops can't give you

class.. you pose with our cars(when your parents don't have one or they have a car that is rickety), you take pictures at the places we take you to(shows, pools and clubs), these things give you class that you don't have

sex... we give you good sex(not very guy though)

care... you guys bore us with stupid talks and gists but some guys act like they are concerned just to make you satisfied

future... a lot of girls in nigeria don't have future, their ambition isn't more than getting married, so we fulfil your ambitions by wifing you

1 Like

Re: What Does A Guy Have To Offer? by tosyne2much(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2018
Another recycled thread created to cause controversy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Olumba Olumba Releases Prophecies, Says 2019 Elections Will Shock Nigerian / Atheists Dating In Nigeria / Funmilola, You're A Scum!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.