Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). (4124 Views)

Modern Day Feminism Is Like Scoring An Own Goal. / WARNING! Don't Have Sex With A Woman Or Man In These 3 Places To Avoid Bad Luck / Queen Okafor Shows Cleavage, Reveals She's Looking For True Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
NAIRALAND LAZY READERS' ASSOCIATION, PLEASE READ TO THE END, OKAY?

This piece is dedicated to Ishilove, a woman of power, a true feminist.

(1) “God is a woman.”

(2) "I am King Sandra.”

(3) "Why should I change my last name to his when we get married? What nonsense! Our children should even bear my own surname, not his. After nine painful months of pregnancy, episiotomy, poo*ping and peeing on myself and having my vagina torn to birth his baby, caesarean section, blood and pain all over, enduring painful hot water dabs, mastitis during breastfeeding, all the rather-not-mentions I will go through to birth his babies and all the other sacrifices I have to make for years, one man who just ejaculated semen will ask me to change my name. If he is grateful, he should kuku change his name to my own.”

(4) "So if a guy can brag about the number of women he has shagged and his sexual escapades, why can't I brag about the guys I've shagged too?”

(5) "If a guy can walk up and down the streets bare-chested, in which Constitution was it written, in which tradition was it spoken or onto which law was it amended that I can't walk up and down the streets bare-chested too? Double standards everywhere!”

(6) "Thunder fire whoever will ask me to kneel down and hand him the cup on our traditional wedding day. If he cannot stand and take the cup from me, then he is not worthy to be called my husband.”

(7) "I'm not going to breastfeed my male children. No male ever deserves to be treated to the same luxuries as females. Shey it's a man’s world? My sons can man themselves up, by themselves.”

(cool "How derogatory and self-demeaning of you to describe yourself as ‘wife’ first on your Instagram bio. Rubbish!”

(9) “So he can travel all around the world for business, whenever he wants, however he wants, with whosoever he chooses and stays out for as long as he wishes, building his career and amassing wealth, and I can't do the same? The children are not mine alone for me to be stuck watching them. I've done enough by birthing them. Nannies will be paid well.”

(10) "Why should I have to greet him in the morning when I am the bread-winner of this family? He is a jobless mofo and I provide the food and pay all the bills, so he should greet me first.”

These and many more are the points and questions a modern-day feminist will bring up in a conversation about gender equality. A feminist is a person who believes in the social, political and economic equality of the sexes. There is nothing bad in feminism, but it's the misinterpretations and misconceptions that dull the lustre.

And again, sexist men can't stand feminists, but that's not the crux of the matter.

Feminism has been an age-long concept. Esther in the Bible, in my own understanding, was a non-noise-making feminist. She stood her ground and made bold decisions for her people, did things no one felt a woman could pull off, and never allowed herself to be intimidated by a man. (I don't remember her ever saying, “because God is a woman.”)

The modern-day idea of feminism, the nuggets and beliefs, are not what true feminism should embody. Don't misquote me please, I'm not trying to disparage anybody, because Jesus said, “I have not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.” Computergeek is saying, “I have not come to destroy feminism, but to amend it.”

Tackling those ten points above, the true idea of feminism slowly starts to trickle out, even beyond the scope of the points. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but flexibility will always be better than rigidity.

I find it hard describing myself as a feminist, despite the fact that I am the type of a lady no man born of a woman can intimidate. I find it hard because the idea of feminism nowadays is too extreme and too forceful. Those points up there are real-life examples. I just prefer to call myself a strong, independent woman who can stand her ground, because foolish slay queens have turned the word to something else.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Beyoncé are two world-class feminists who a lot of girls ‘emulate’. I love them and their work so vehemently, but I believe they have the right idea of feminism tinged with a lot of over-extreme ones.

Please see the next post:

Read a powerful and insightful thread on the allures of Christianity and Atheism: https://www.nairaland.com/4839120/does-atheism-make-more-learned

Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2018

Ladies, please, God is not a woman. I don't know why Ariana Grande had to pen down such blasphemous lyrics. Yes, the song was meant to promote feminism and make women know they CAN too, but seriously? God is a woman? And a lot of girls typing these words all over social media are practising Christians. Please Ladies, God is not a woman. The gender of God has always been clearly expressed in male terms, dating back to the pre-historic times. Even Jesus, who is the second person in the Trinity, is unarguably male. If God is a woman, then it's safe to say that Jesus is a woman. Please let's cut that crap out.

Ladies, the word ‘King’ is supposed to be used exclusively for males. Calling yourself King Tricia instead of Queen Tricia, makes it seem as if Kings command a higher respect than queens, which in itself contradicts the whole idea of feminism. Remember, the sovereign ruler of England is the Queen, not King Elizabeth. She doesn't call herself King because she doesn't want to come off as stupid or someone with gender-based inferiority complex. She is a queen, and she knows her power.

Ladies, your children are your children, okay? You shouldn't expect an award for birthing them, because they are yours. A mother with unconditional, unequivocal love for her kids does not reiterate all the suffering she passed through to birth them, except when they are uncontrollably rebellious. Being a feminist doesn't mean you can't be a traditionalist. Changing your last name to your husband's doesn't take away any ounce of power from you as a woman. Retaining your last name doesn't make you a stronger feminist, because feminism no be by last name, no be by noise-making. Even if you want to keep your last name, at least append his own to yours. Beyoncé's name is Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. She appended Jay-Z’s name to hers. It doesn't make her any less of a strong woman.

Yes, it's double standards when a guy can brag about his sexual prowess and walk around bare-chested, and women can't do the same. But remember, not all guys brag about the women they've shagged. Some have self-respect and dignity. They choose to keep such information private, as it should be. It’s only a shameless guy that'll publicly recount his sexcapades. Forget that nonsense about being sexually open, sex is sacred, and when you're having it pre-maritally, kuku close mouth and don't try to justify your actions. A woman with dignity and self-respect is superior, and that means not going around discussing your sex life on social media or making noise about it. That is true feminism. Knowing that you have dignity, that you're sacred, and choosing to keep it that way.

Guys can walk around bare-chested because they don't have pronounced brea*sts na. Haba! Being equal to a man should comprise more of working towards your own ambitions too and not expecting freebies just because you're a woman. It shouldn't be about walking around with your brea*sts in full glare of all who choose to look. It can be done if it's okay in your tribe or society. Just like some South African tribes. But when it's not acceptable where you come from, for obvious reasons, please don't be stupid and keep your nipples to yourself. That's how these slay queen feminists keep disgracing the clan. Stand up for yourself as a woman, that makes you a feminist, not exposing scary boo*bs biko.

See the next post:

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Feminists? Lol

A group of frustrated and mentally deranged bunch.

How can someone say her kids won't bear her husband's name but that of her father+husband's father...

The funny thing is that the trio of her father, her husband's father and her husband are all MEN. Meaning the kids still bear a MAN'S name not the woman grin

Even the feminist herself is bearing the name of her father as surname and not her mother grin

My Sister OP, please don't bother your head with those frustrated bunch biko. They are misguided

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Feminists? Lol

A group of frustrated and mentally deranged bunch.

How can someone say her kids won't bear her husband's name but that of her father+husband's father...

The funny thing is that the trio of her father, her husband's father and her husband are all MEN. Meaning the kids still bear a MAN'S name not the woman grin

Even the feminist herself is bearing the name of her father as surname and not her mother grin

My brother OP, please don't bother your head with those frustrated bunch biko. They are misguided
I'm a lady, not a brother. Please read the post well, okay? grin

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Continuing:

Again, being a traditionalist doesn't make you any less of a feminist. Kneeling to give your husband the cup during your traditional marriage, doesn't mean you're giving him the power to Lord over you. Actually, it symbolises that you're his subordinate and he is the head of the family, which is just symbolic as stated in tradition. A husband and wife relationship should be an equal partnership. That doesn't mean that you can't speak out when you feel wronged in your own home. It doesn't mean you can't have a career or build yourself up as an institution to be remembered. It doesn't mean you won't be partners in your home. Tradition will always be tradition, so why don't you just humor it and start building your lives? A feminist should be one who stands her ground if  her husband's people try to bully his properties out of her possession when he's late, rather than one who refuses to kneel to give him the cup. It's just traditional. It's symbolic, but you shouldn't interprete it to mean that you're filing yourself under his ass for life.

Please ooo, breastfeed your male children. Biko, eji m aha Chineke bi n’eluigwe ayo unu (I beg you in God's name), breastfeed your sons. It's mostly American feminists who do this crap, but anyways, I'll still discuss it. An innocent little baby boy needs his mother's nutrients. Don't subject him to formula when your brea*sts are there. It's not as if she's not breastfeeding so her breasts won't sag (which is stupid by the way), she just won't breastfeed because he's male and will one day Lord over women. Raise your son right, teach him not to be gender-biased, don't deny a little baby nutrients because you're a stupid feminist.

A real feminist is one who challenges anybody that tries to intimidate her without cowering away, not one who uploads pictures of a day-old being bottle-fed, not because her breasts aren't milking, but because he's male.

Addressing yourself as wife, mother, lawyer, in that order, does not mean you're a wife before you're anything else. It doesn't represent an ascending order, it's just as it is. Everybody knows every woman is a daughter first before she is anything else. A feminist is one who hustles with her two hands and her brain, so she can be independent and self-reliant, not someone who addresses herself as doctor before mother, then wife. These things are too trivial to be taken seriously. Modern-day feminists like to bank on simple stuff to cause arguments.

About the career issue, I believe a mother should know her scope. That you have kids doesn't mean you shouldn't work, no, but you should know your kids need you more than they need their dad. This is a very fickle point, but I just believe that a woman can be ambitious, but with certain limitations. As I said before, a mother's love for her offspring should be unequivocal and unconditional, so you should be able to give up some certain things for them, at least while they're still kids. No one said having nannies is bad, but permanently abandoning your kids to the care of nannies is just wrong, because you want to fly all around the world like your husband. You can be ambitious and career-driven, but always put your children first.

You being a breadwinner shouldn't be enough reason for you to turn your husband into a tongolo boy. A feminist is one who stands up and takes the bull by the horns when things start going south for her home, not one who refuses to greet her husband in the morning because he can't provide for the family. If the case is that you earn much more than he does, please try to be a source of motivation for him, not cause him low self esteem. If the case is that he is unemployed but searching, please be patient with him. If he is just plain lazy, na you know wetin you dey find when you go marry am.

In essence, being a breadwinner is not enough reason to not greet your husband in the morning. If he cheats then you'll do what? Kill him?

To wrap this up, I just want to let the ladies out there know that feminism is not by words and doing stupid, meaningless things, but by standing your ground and never allowing yourself to be treated unjustly in any situation. True feminism is being self-reliant, being strong and unafraid to take on life, being a partner in your home and not a “how-high” wife. True feminism, in simple words, means to know your power as a human being, and being bold enough to exercise it. Kisses y'all.

Signed: Computergeek.

(NwaAmaikpe and those anti-feminist guys on NL, thread don open grin)

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:
I'm a lady, not a brother. Please read the post well, okay? grin
Okay Ma, sorry for the misrepresentation of gender, but the comment remain valid
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by princechurchill(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Maybe they should go and get themselves pregnant without a sperm let's see how that works

A day is coming when seven of them will be begging me to marry them just to avoid the insults of been unmarried

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Very expository thread up there. What girls are doing in the name of feminism, Omo, no be here ooo...

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Modern day feminism is a part of feminism it is a part of the fourth wave.
It means different things to different people.
The discuss changes as time changes.
God could be a woman some people believe God to be gender less.
Every movement cannot have the same blueprint that applies to everyone.
So let them be.

4 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by ednut1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sense and nonsense mixed together
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:

Ladies, please, God is not a woman. I don't know why Ariana Grande had to pen down such blasphemous lyrics. Yes, the song was meant to promote feminism and make women know they CAN too, but seriously? God is a woman? And a lot of girls typing these words all over social media are practising Christians. Please Ladies, God is not a woman. The gender of God has always been clearly expressed in male terms, dating back to the pre-historic times. Even Jesus, who is the second person in the Trinity, is unarguably male. If God is a woman, then it's safe to say that Jesus is a woman. Please let's cut that crap out.

Ladies, the word ‘King’ is supposed to be used exclusively for males. Calling yourself King Tricia instead of Queen Tricia, makes it seem as if Kings command a higher respect than queens, which in itself contradicts the whole idea of feminism. Remember, the sovereign ruler of England is the Queen, not King Elizabeth. She doesn't call herself King because she doesn't want to come off as stupid or someone with gender-based inferiority complex. She is a queen, and she knows her power.

Ladies, your children are your children, okay? You shouldn't expect an award for birthing them, because they are yours. A mother with unconditional, unequivocal love for her kids does not reiterate all the suffering she passed through to birth them, except when they are uncontrollably rebellious. Being a feminist doesn't mean you can't be a traditionalist. Changing your last name to your husband's doesn't take away any ounce of power from you as a woman. Retaining your last name doesn't make you a stronger feminist, because feminism no be by last name, no be by noise-making. Even if you want to keep your last name, at least append his own to yours. Beyoncé's name is Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. She appended Jay-Z’s name to hers. It doesn't make her any less of a strong woman.

Yes, it's double standards when a guy can brag about his sexual prowess and walk around bare-chested, and women can't do the same. But remember, not all guys brag about the women they've shagged. Some have self-respect and dignity. They choose to keep such information private, as it should be. It’s only a shameless guy that'll publicly recount his sexcapades. Forget that nonsense about being sexually open, sex is sacred, and when you're having it pre-maritally, kuku close mouth and don't try to justify your actions. A woman with dignity and self-respect is superior, and that means not going around discussing your sex life on social media or making noise about it. That is true feminism. Knowing that you have dignity, they you're sacred, and choosing to keep it that way.

Guys can walk around bare-chested because they don't have pronounced brea*sts na. Haba! Being equal to a man should comprise more of working towards your own ambitions too and not expecting freebies just because you're a woman. It shouldn't be about walking around with your brea*sts in full glare of all who choose to look. It can be done if it's okay in your tribe or society. Just like some South African tribes. But when it's not acceptable where you come from, for obvious reasons, please don't be stupid and keep your nipples to yourself. That's how these slay queen feminists keep disgracing the clan. Stand up for yourself as a woman, that makes you a feminist, not exposing scary boo*bs biko.

See the next post:

God is not a man either, he has no sex.
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Oyindidi(f): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:
Continuing:

Again, being a traditionalist doesn't make you any less of a feminist. Kneeling to give your husband the cup during your traditional marriage, doesn't mean you're giving him the power to Lord over you. Actually, it symbolises that you're his subordinate and he is the head of the family. It's just symbolic. A husband and wife relationship should be an equal partnership. That doesn't mean that you can't speak out when you feel wronged in your own home. It doesn't mean you can't have a career or build yourself up as an institution to be remembered. It doesn't mean you won't be partners in your home. Tradition will always be tradition, so why don't you just humor it and start building your lives? A feminist should be one who stands her ground if  her husband's people try to bully his properties out of her possession when he's late, rather than one who refuses to kneel to give him the cup. It's just traditional. It's symbolic, but you shouldn't interprete it to mean that you're filing yourself under his ass for life.

Please ooo, breastfeed your male children. Biko, eji m aha Chineke bi n’eluigwe ayo unu (I beg you in God's name), breastfeed your sons. It's mostly American feminists who do this crap, but anyways, I'll still discuss it. An innocent little baby boy needs his mother's nutrients. Don't subject him to formula when your brea*sts are there. It's not as if she's not breastfeeding so her breasts won't sag (which is stupid by the way), she just won't breastfeed because he's male and will one day Lord over women. Raise your son right, teach him not to be gender-biased, don't deny a little baby nutrients because you're a stupid feminist.

A real feminist is one who challenges anybody that tries to intimidate her without cowering away, not one who uploads pictures of a day-old being bottle-fed, not because her breasts aren't milking, but because he's male.

Addressing yourself as wife, mother, lawyer, in that order, does not mean you're a wife before you're anything else. It doesn't represent an ascending order, it's just as it is. Everybody knows every woman is a daughter first before she is anything else. A feminist is one who hustles with her two hands and her brain, so she can be independent and self-reliant, not someone who addresses herself as doctor before mother, then wife. These things are too trivial to be taken seriously. Modern-day feminists like to bank on simple stuff to cause arguments.

About the career issue, I believe a mother should know her scope. That you have kids doesn't mean you shouldn't work, no, but you should know your kids need you more than they need their dad. This is a very fickle point, but I just believe that a woman can be ambitious, but with certain limitations. As I said before, a mother's love for her offspring should be unequivocal and unconditional, so you should be able to give up some certain things for them, at least while they're still kids. No one said having nannies is bad, but permanently abandoning your kids to the care of nannies is just wrong, because you want to fly all around the world like your husband. You can be ambitious and career-driven, but always put your children first.

You being a breadwinner shouldn't be enough reason for you to turn your husband into a tongolo boy. A feminist is one who stands up and takes the bull by the horns when things start going south for her home, not one who refuses to greet her husband in the morning because he can't provide for the family. If the case is that you earn much more than he does, please try to be a source of motivation for him, not cause him low self esteem. If the case is that he is unemployed but searching, please be patient with him. If he is just plain lazy, na you know wetin you dey find when you go marry am.

In essence, being a breadwinner is not enough reason to not greet your husband in the morning. If he cheats then you'll do what? Kill him?

To wrap this up, I just want to let the ladies out there know that feminism is not by words and doing stupid, meaningless things, but by standing your ground and never allowing yourself to be treated unjustly in any situation. True feminism is being self-reliant, being strong and unafraid to take on life, being a partner in your home and not a “how-high” wife. True feminism, in simple words, means to know your power as a human being, and being bold enough to exercise it. Kisses y'all.

Signed: Computergeek.

(NwaAmaikpe and those anti-feminist guys on NL, thread don open grin)
A man that cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel and should not be treated with the respect deserving of a man.

Subordinate indeed. The same bible says that women are to submit to their husbands. the original greek means co-operate not be a slave to, not be a subordinate. Even though the man is the head, the woman is the body . your post while trying to be objective brought out a lot of flaws colored by flawed Christianity. Remember that the bible was translated by misogynistic men.

Yes i agree that one can be a feminist and traditionalist. i am more of a traditionalist. But men have taken advantage of feminism to be unmotivated and lazy and to leech off women while keeping their priviledges

There can never be gender equality. an orange will never be a banana. what we should instead strive for is gender neutrality, where both genders understand their strengths and differences and use that to work together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hmmm.... The modern-day feminists are waking up in anger and in full force grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
funmisticqueen:
subordinate indeed. The same bible says that women are to submit to their husbands. the original greek means co-operate not be a slave to, not be a subordinate. Even though the man is the head
the woman is the body . your post while trying to be objective brought out a lot of flaws colored by flawed Christianity. Remember that the bible was translated by misogynistic men.

Yes i agree that one can be a feminist and traditionalist. But men have taken advantage of feminism to be unmotivated and lazy and to leech off women while keeping their priviledges.

There can never be gender equality. an orange will never be a banana. what we should instead strive for is gender neutrality, where both genders understand their strengths and differences and use that to work together.
Your points are strong and insightful.

1 Like

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Eberechi24(f): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Let's stop defining Feminism. Let's act it.

we have lots of issues threatening the girl child, What have we contributed to it?
How many girls have you impacted Financially, emotionally, physically and mentally?
Creating threads up and down is not enough.
Debating on whether a woman is equal to a man is pointless and invalid to feminism

let our contribution define feminism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
Eberechi24:
Let's stop defining Feminism. Let's act it.

we have lots of issues threatening the girl child, What have we contributed to it?
How many girls have you impacted, Financially, emotionally, physically and mentally?
Creating thread up and down is not enough.

let our contribution define feminism.
Hahaha... That's what the thread is about. Some people need to be enlightened on the true idea, and perhaps, if you read the whole article, you'll have seen where I emphasized the fact that feminism is not about noise-making, but by standing up for yourself. Nice points you made there.

And by the way, this is my first thread on the topic.

1 Like

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by NwaAmaikpe: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
shocked

I don't know a lot about Nigerian feminists.
I just know that a few of Nigeria's celebrated feminists have once washed my boxers.

And they yell louder when getting the kondo.

The summary of this is,
Nigerian feminists like you rightly pointed out don't understand the true concept of feminism.

The feminists you have in Nigeria are scorned ladies full of bitterness who out of myopia once let their guards down, spread their legs wide and were ridden harder than a rodeo by some good-for-nothing dude who eventually dumped them.

Deep down, they love what they resent and crave for all they criticize.
But don't we love feminists when you have them on their knees swallowing your pride in their hypocritical mouths?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by highqueen(f): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Some of these feminist are something else, I give up.

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by GOFRONT(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
A feminist that depend on men for her upkeep, Is that one a feminist??

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Eberechi24(f): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:
Hahaha... That's what the thread is about. Some people need to be enlightened on the true idea, and perhaps, if you read the whole article, you'll have seen where I emphasized the fact that feminism is not about noise-making, but by standing up for yourself. Nice points you made there.

And by the way, this is my first thread on the topic.
we have enlightened and preached enough. let's work towards it.

like they say "Action speaks louder than words "
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Ranchhoddas: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Ishilove that I know and love does not get involved in this kind of foolishness.

Why is this thread dedicated to her?

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't know a lot about Nigerian feminists.
I just know that a few of Nigeria's celebrated feminists have once washed my boxers.

And they yell louder when getting the kondo.

The summary of this is,
Nigerian feminists like you rightly pointed out don't understand the true concept of feminism.

The feminists you have in Nigeria are scorned ladies full of bitterness who out of myopia once let their guards down, spread their legs wide and were ridden harder than a rodeo by some good-for-nothing dude who eventually dumped them.

Deep down, they love what they resent and crave for all they criticize.
But don't we love feminists when you have them on their knees swallowing your pride in their hypocritical mouths?
NwaAmaikpe, ihea na-eme gi jisi gi ike grin. O gaghi adiri onye felu gi this powerful jazz na mma...
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
The Ishilove that I know and love does not get involved in this kind of foolishness.

If only you read the thread, you'll understand. Ishilove is a true feminist, because she doesn't go around announcing herself as a feminist. She's super-intelligent and from her posts, you can tell she is a strong, independent woman too. Someone who can never be intimidated.

I understand your concerns grin. Aunty Ishi no dey daddle with nonsense girls on stupid ideals, she's just who they should really emulate. True feminism is in character.

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:
If only you read the thread, you'll understand. Ishilove is a true feminist, because she doesn't go around announcing herself as a feminist. She's super-intelligent and from her posts, you can tell she is a strong, independent woman too. Someone who can never be intimidated.

I understand your concerns grin. Aunty Ishi no dey daddle with nonsense girls on stupid ideals, she's just who they should really emulate.
I blush... embarassed

Thank you smiley kiss

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ishilove:
I blush... embarassed
Thank you smiley kiss
My Nairaland crush grin

2 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:

Thanks dear. I don't dabble into the Nigerian brand of feminism which is essentially man-hating rabble rousing, championed by broken individuals with psychological challenges.

6 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ishilove:

Thanks dear. I don't dabble into the Nigerian brand of feminism which is essentially man-hating rabble rousing, championed by broken individuals with psychological challenges.
True word. They're mostly wannabes.

Ishilove is now starting to write like NwaAmaikpe small small grin

3 Likes

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Ranchhoddas: 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
computergeek:

I understand your concerns grin. Aunty Ishi no dey daddle with nonsense girls on stupid ideals, she's just who they should really emulate. True feminism is in character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
NL fems
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
funmisticqueen:
God is not a man either, he has no sex.
God is a MALE but not a man (human).

Man was made in the IMAGE and LIKENESSES of God.
Re: Warning! Don't Mistake Modern-day Feminism For True Feminism (A Must-Read). by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
God is a MALE but not a man (human).
Man was made in the IMAGE and LIKENESSES of God.
really?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When U Discover Ur Parents Are Still Having Sex / Video Of Indian Lesbian Girls Having Fun In Room Goes Viral / This Photo Shows That Women Are More Intelligent Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.