Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act (29687 Views)

Ladies Are Giving Me Green Light, But Cannot Proceed With Them / Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Marrying Owerri Girls (picture)? / Childish Ways Most Guys Behave That Has Got To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by correctguy101(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
Khabuto:
op, NEPA has not given us light in our area. One time my neighbour's gen. was on, i misread it to be light grin

Lols

Madman grincheesy
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I ain't gay. Gay ke? I am just tired of pussy. I want security and a family of my own.

& how is that even possible if you don't have any respect for women? from your point of view; women are worthless & deserve nothing & only good at making babies nothing more

How do you get to have an 'opposite sex'as a life partner that will give you a beautiful family of your own if you have such sickening perceptions about the 'opposite sex' in general?

I sincerely feel sorry for you though...

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Countersam(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
masterchi:
Ok, here's for the girls of Nairaland. Guys pick up on little hints and even somewhat obvious hints. The problem is that guys can also be wrong.

If we take something the wrong way we take the risk of being shot down or completely embarrassed.

If you're friends with a guy and he's always nice and helpful but then takes a signal wrong (think you're interested) and makes an advance he could end up in a situation where you're saying "he just wanted to bang me, that's the only reason he was nice". Nobody wants to lose a friend like that.

If you want to be sure guys notice your signals, just be point blank. Guys get the short end of the stick, our actions towards women are judged more harshly than the reverse. We don't always like to take risks because we stand to lose the most.

Romancelanders What do you think?

Guys,Have you ever misread a 'green light' or 'hint' before?

Girls, Has someone ever misread your body language before?
Share you experience

Mine is not a case of greenlght, i was crushing on a lady close to my office. I never got a chance to chat with her except for occasional hello/hi.after a while shenstopped coming to work and i was forced to look for her contact and chatted her up questioning the reason for her absence before she told me she went for her NYSC. She sounded surprised and i told her i have always liked her and i didnt like not seeingher anymore, to my greatest surprise she told me how happy she was to hear from me and told me how she has also been crushing on me for long but never got thw opportunity to tell me which most ladies rarely do..... We kept chatting and communicating till she finally came back.
The remaining story you should know by now...she is still in my house and mehn we cant get over shaghing ourselves. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by walexy06(m): 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
walexy06:
Just last month, I thought she was all out for me, even as she whispered you are my bf here (my head ring say dos days self girls no dey bring ds kind leg bfo i cut am), not to sound too ungrateful with her gesture, I talked about it codedly to know her real intention. Lo and behold she said (Nooooo, u r just too nice nd i dont intend anything more). sharply i replied "good" just to make sure we re on the same page". then i closed the chapter for dat ever green light...Lets make money mbok....Want to act like Eddie Murphy in "Boomerang" (in Eddie's voice I hit it once, I lose interest)

My mum mustn't see this. It's only on this thread I got 13 likes 3 shares in 13 seconds...haaaahaha Wale! Omashe oo
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
masterchi:
Ok, here's for the girls of Nairaland. Guys pick up on little hints and even somewhat obvious hints. The problem is that guys can also be wrong.

If we take something the wrong way we take the risk of being shot down or completely embarrassed.

If you're friends with a guy and he's always nice and helpful but then takes a signal wrong (think you're interested) and makes an advance he could end up in a situation where you're saying "he just wanted to bang me, that's the only reason he was nice". Nobody wants to lose a friend like that.

If you want to be sure guys notice your signals, just be point blank. Guys get the short end of the stick, our actions towards women are judged more harshly than the reverse. We don't always like to take risks because we stand to lose the most.

Romancelanders What do you think?

Guys,Have you ever misread a 'green light' or 'hint' before?

Girls, Has someone ever misread your body language before?
Share you experience

Actually for alot of us, we pick the signal, we just don't want into the wahala of rejecting the girl esp if we are not interested and explanation of rejection, so we pretend to ignore it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by kollinzgee(m): 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
pcguru1:

Actually for alot of us, we pick the signal, we just don't want into the wahala of rejecting the girl esp if we are not interested and explanation of rejection, so we pretend to ignore it.

oga you mean the reverse abeg she reject you stop feeling special oga.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Tijay90(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fvck Green lights... You can respond to green light & get accused of sexual harassment/rape...heck you could be in a relationship with your girlfriend, have consensual sex with her and still find yourself in trouble of sexual harassment/rape charges...the females of this age are dangerous.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by jericco1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
some girls are intentionally wicked o. after one gave me disco light. I thought that was it until she turned me down without remorse. I don't lookout for greenlight anymore. money on my mind!
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
Woah one day I was jejely sitting on my own outside my house in the evening when one girl that has had her eye on me jejely passed by me and greeted me , obviously wanting my attention. At first I didn't notice,but when I looked up I saw her standing a little bit away as if waiting for me to follow her. I did ooo. To cut the long story short, after giving me greenlight in the evening , the next evening I bleeped her. No dulling; chop and clean mouth.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
kollinzgee:

oga you mean the reverse abeg she reject you stop feeling special oga.
lol that one na normal, every guy go face rejection, am talking about when a girl gives signal and it's the type of girl you are not interested in dating.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Blacknight28: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
I just dey read comments...................�
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by monex(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
Coldfeets:

Who cares what he said or didn't say?

The fact is that I so much hate it when people go on and on and on about this making money of a thing as if making money is all there is to this life.

Worse still, when you look at them closely, you can't even see any atom of the so called money they have supposedly been making since.

@bolded it is his values. He values money over many other things. Dont get frustrated by someone else's seeming vanity. Let him be and stick to your own values.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by pansophist(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day, saying, “We will eat our own bread and wear our own clothes, only let us be called by your name; take away our shame.”

Isaiah 4.1

Just saying.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Jman06(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
Coldfeets:

The fact is that I so much hate it when people go on and on and on about this making money of a thing as if making money is all there is to this life.

Worse still, when you look at them closely, you can't even see any atom of the so called money they have supposedly been making since.

You are very right! The truth is that most guys that talk so much about "hustling" and making money have no dime to show for all the noise.
Some guys just use those lines to console themselves when they suffer rejections from the ladies.

Those who make real money don't make noise about it...

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Alepa(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
victvames:
Screw that green light!

So i was friends with this girl in school, we go to night class together to study. She alwas wants me to sit close to her,,, she alwas rests her head on my shoulders or laps. She alwas asks me to invite her to my room. Even during break from school, she visits me at my home well-dressed. This happened for two semesters so i decided to give it a shot having realized the "green light" and she was very single.

I asked her out one night with all confidence, thinking i already i have her. Guess what i heard??

"I really like you as a friend, but it can't happen"
This exact thing happened to me in OAU some years ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by 2buffagain(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
.....or he isn't interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by victvames(m): 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
kollinzgee:

why did you ask her out !! you shot yourself on the leg develop you emotional strength .you should have kissed the girl before doing that.

Bro, as far as i have known her,,, she wasn't the type that just bleeps
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by victvames(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
erimakosamuel:

You don mean it

Y ask her out

Na constant bleeping you blow away like day.

Chai.....if na me....the next semester,we would start couple life.

I did it,and it was worth it.

I follow light....Bleep n pass

Don't forget..... OKAFORS LAW..... once debe ****** ****

It happened long ago sha, she respected me as a cool guy,,, so i thought of asking her out respectively and as well bleep respectively
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by victvames(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
Spidermon:

I think she wanted your D.
Nah... i never thought of her to be like that
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by victvames(m): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
Alepa:
This exact thing happened to me in OAU some years ago.
Wow
i could imagine how disappointed you were. Girls wicked sha
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Prettyenit18(f): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
angryThere is nothing wrong with marrying a financially stable guy.
resurgent4oodua:
I was in a bar tonight and a girl was staring at me and eventually confessed to liking me ( which was strange) but I didn't even make an attempt to take her number. My friend (who's married) took her number and will eventually bang her. But I am not worried because I have had enough pvssy to last me a lifetime and I am desensitized to women. All I want is to face the law and make money so I can marry a good girl to make me healthy babies.

I am wrong in my approach and worldview? sad

I feel Nigerian girls just want to marry a financially secure man. undecided
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Lxgking(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
MiaB:

The lie
Wives typically use indirect forms of communication. They give hints, they speak abstractly, and then they expect their husbands to know what they mean. Without ever intending to lie, they don’t express the full truth. At times, they communicate so indirectly that their husbands can’t come close to perceiving the real message.
When faced with indirect communication, husbands often feel like a one-legged man in a football kicking contest. They just don’t have what it takes. They much prefer dealing with facts, logic, and problem solving.
They notice that something is wrong. That realization may come from receiving the silent treatment, getting some indirect messages, or just picking up the mood of their wife. They’d like to resolve the problem, so they ask about it, and get messages so indirect that they can’t interpret their meaning.
When people get what they see as an incomplete message, they try to fill in the blanks. Husbands, with their strong problem-resolution skills, will often explore various possible meanings. But if the indirect message doesn’t have enough clues to give them an accurate picture, they can’t succeed.
Living the truth
Neither indirect nor direct communication is intrinsically right or wrong. Rather, each serves a particular purpose. Foundationally, though, wives make a mistake when they choose indirect messages that give a misleading impression, or that fail to accurately convey the intended meaning. Let’s explore several factors that can help you live in the truth and communicate more directly.
Create a safe zone . Husband, creating a communication “safe zone” is your job. Yes, you get frustrated and upset at indirect conversation. But some of your irritation results from your own response when your wife tries to communicate with you.
You can create a safe zone in several ways:
Choose honesty over defending yourself.
Don’t respond with an attack on your wife.
Don’t even think about verbal or physical abuse.
Draw out your wife with active listening.
Let your wife know that you truly want to hear what she has to say, and when she sees that you’ve established a safe zone, you should see an increase in the clarity of your communication with one another.
confused people.....y not open mouth n tell d husband not bf, what on ur mind, but noooooooo....instead u will blame d man for not creating an imaginary safe zone n u tell me its not annoying
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Quality20(m): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
nuggarito:
Yes bro, not once but multiple times. And I came to a conclusion that there's a demon in girls that makes them act the way they do. And that's why I avoid any form of light, be it green light, white light, indigo light biko keep your lights while I make money. Money changes the light.
Certainly there is shaitan with women o. shaking n twisting their bodies or outright nudity and strong perfumes are just some of d manifestation
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
BinDean:

& how is that even possible if you don't have any respect for women? from your point of view; women are worthless & deserve nothing & only good at making babies nothing more

How do you get to have an 'opposite sex'as a life partner that will give you a beautiful family of your own if you have such sickening perceptions about the 'opposite sex' in general?

Feel sorry for yourself. Men like me rule my world through an iron fist. I won't compromise my principles to accommodate conformists like you.

Have a good life.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Quality20(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
some so-called green light is disgusting! That's how some dirty girls who were sisters were looking at me without blinking as if they wanna eat me raw. Girls that I'm sure can sleep with any dirty man or even animals for money and for fantasy
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Prettyenit18:
angryThere is nothing wrong with marrying a financially stable guy.

Of course, but it's the major preoccupation of Nigerian girls and men are now aware of that.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
monex:

@bolded it is his values. He values money over many other things. Dont get frustrated by someone else's seeming vanity. Let him be and stick to your own values.

God bless you. I don't know why I am being attacked. I value being feared and treasured as a provider than a loving man. Have I committed a crime?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
walexy06:
Just last month, I thought she was all out for me, even as she whispered you are my bf here (my head ring say dos days self girls no dey bring ds kind leg bfo i cut am), not to sound too ungrateful with her gesture, I talked about it codedly to know her real intention. Lo and behold she said (Nooooo, u r just too nice nd i dont intend anything more). sharply i replied "good" just to make sure we re on the same page". then i closed the chapter for dat ever green light...Lets make money mbok....Want to act like Eddie Murphy in "Boomerang" (in Eddie's voice I hit it once, I lose interest)

Id your purpose of making money is to get Women, u r very stupid
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by aim14(f): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
BinDean:

Don't ask me what I'm doing on this thread

Don't ask what I'm doing on this thread, just stumbled upon it n I must say it's a relief to find that there are still a few men out there who don't talk women down in a world where most of the "men" see women as commodities or even less than, may be trash. I actually had the same impression of him when I read his comment, just had to SMH.
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by HolyTitus(m): 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
Coldfeets:

Kinda people i like; they give you no stress atal in getting to know their type of person real quick.... They never cease at developing headache untop another peoples' matter their oversabi...
Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
kollinzgee:

why did you ask her out !! you shot yourself on the leg develop you emotional strength .you should have kissed the girl before doing that.
that is the mistake I made, now I can't even touch the Idiot, but other guys are collecting their share

1 Like

Re: Why Most Guys Pick Up On 'hints' And 'green Light' But Will Not Act by Slimlord(m): 5:55am On Nov 22, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Why brother? Why?
u lack respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When your Ex keeps destroying your present affair. / My Fianceé Has Very Hot Temper, Please Advise Me. / The Disadvantages Of Having A Baby Mama.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.