Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Toasting Still Work These Days? (14228 Views)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by sharpman1(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2010
I'v got money in my pocket. . . . . . . . . .I no get time to toast!!!!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by desgab: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2010
NO MONEY! NO WOMAN! , MORE MONEY!  MORE WOMEN!       'OWO NI KEKE  HINHIN RERE'    HOME OR ABROAD, YOU NEED MONEY  

TO GET A GOOD LADY/WOMAN.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yusuf2(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2010
Let this be the last post of this topic, It has been proven, even the ladies have nothing more to say in their defense, TOASTING IS A THING OF THE PAST, Naija Ladies are just too sophisticated to be wooed by just words "funny enough, i give them credit for that" STRONG WOMEN.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by zenus(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2010
Money and Cars are the major factor now
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by legendprac(m): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2010
simply fact is
Money acts like an enzyme when it comes to women.
And d truth is, d guys without dem cars n flashy stuff end up spending more to impress.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by revomind(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2010
Anyone that insists toasting no longer works and that its all about the paper, doesn't go above his class then, What if the girl hold pass u and you really can't impress her with material things? You back off? Let's get real here, There are so many girls you can't lay by just flashing cash,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by revomind(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2010
A car and a fly apartment helps tho'
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by baslone: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2010
. . . but I be fine boy now!!! shocked
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by toses247: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2010
guys in the house let me gist you the latest method of captivating Girls. i have use it many times and it works. so it is Tested ok.
just tell the girl, the following words.
bo se wo mi yi owo wa lowo mi, ti ba bo sokoto mi oko wa lo womi.
or send the lady number, her  name and your name to 07069426552. all is well
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by sley4life(m): 11:59am On Jul 28, 2010
now cash&motor does it all. There wz a day a hired a limo & bugga @lest 20 gals that week. I went over to return d limo.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
I have been following this thread all morning and i noticed unsurprisingly that inspite of the multitude of ladies who have undoubtedly browsed through, only a handful were able to summon courage to comment and even at that,they directly or indirectly confirmed the 'no money, no love' anthem the guys have been singing all along. The funny thing is, the same ladies and some sisi boys a.k.a woman wrapper will still come out to say 'money isn't everything'. Anyone who still believes that statement is living in fantasy island!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
@harakiri

I totally still beg to differ, Not every girl is after money, Its a shame less than a handful of girls are commenting which almost goes to prove y'alls point but the fact still remains that the conclusion being made is a hasty conclusion, Toasting a girl is not a fantasy, I was toasted and he did not have to have a car or anything to get me, Infact he had nothing but that was not an issue for me, If a man has all the money in this world and lacks CHARACTER then he stands no chance at all,

I blame this issue on the recent recession and the fact that poverty is knocking on so many people's door. But even at that, I will still say that women should go get financially independent cos i see no reason why you would want to suck a man dry when you are earning your own income. I am a woman myself and I just dont understand that,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by kikiola1: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
jokes apart oh!, dis is a serious discussion,
i have an even different response oh!
you dont need money self,
d car, doesn't necessarily have to be yours, just ride it for some days and its all over, i swear that shit really works,
ever since i bought a sleek car, bn broke, but it doesnt stop me from getting them honei's,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by buzugee(m): 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
baslone:

. . . but I be fine boy now!!! shocked
fine boy only works for ajebutter girls. ajebutter girls will still allow fine boys to toast them sha. but you have to have a lil something. even a wolkswagen beetle grin grin this way you can drive to obalende suya instead of putting her on okada grin
ajepaki girls on the other hand dont care if you are fine or not. you can have one eyeball, missing earlobes, no hair, be 4 feet tall and pudgy, but if you have a benzo, ajepaki girl will think you are sexier than will smith.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Tosinville(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
Swagger, swagger, swagger!!! I'm sick of this word, any need to go back to check dictionary to know d meanin of wat swagger means, those wit swag nd those dat doesn't hv wil keep hollerin swag . Swagz aint by outfitz or cars but its d pose in u.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Elpieda, The issue is not about ladies not doing things for themselves/being men-parasites. Its about ladies that 'login' to loaded guys and treat struggling and upcoming guys with disdain. Show me a single lady who wouldnt prefer a rich guy to a poor one and i'll show you a green unicorn. Recession has nothing to do with this. This has being the norm from time immemorial. Even rich single ladies prefer to date richer guys. When i was still religious (christian), i vividly remember the story of king solomon who was acclaimed to be the wisest and richest man who ever lived. . . He was visited by the queen of sheba (who was immensely wealthy herself) and she was entranced by everything she saw including the king himself. I'm not sure but i think at some point later,he took her as a wife. Now look at the scenario carefully. . . A wealthy queen being attracted to a wealthier king and willing to be added to his collection of 700 wives and 300 concubines. What does that tell you about womenfolk? Or was she under recession too? Lol
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by adconline(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
Anyone that insists toasting no longer works and that its all about the paper, doesn't go above his class then, What if the girl hold pass u and you really can't impress her with material things? You back off? Let's get real here, There are so many girls you can't lay by just flashing cash

That's why Beyonce is fuking Jay-Z and not Twista. It's often said that money will not buy you everything, but have u ever tried buying without money?
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
@harakiri
I went for a poor guy over the so called rich ones that were after me, and its still boils down to waht i was saying, i was seeking for something money couldnt buy, A rich man with no brains is worthless to me, A poor man with brains is the ish cos if he has potential then money will come later,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Elpieda. . . And what if the rich guys had 'brains' ? Would u still pick the poor guy over him? Lol, we already know the answer to that. Talking of brainless rich men, the only ones i know of are some trust fund kids (no offense). You cannot raise a million bucks with an empty head. It takes sleepless nights,excessive tension and stress and in some cases,high bp. Yes, i know people (guys in this regard) tend to develop attitudes towards women when the money comes. You cant blame them when they see how the ladies who previously looked down on them as failures in the past now worship the ground they walk and treat them with the respect that is accorded to demi-gods! Money and wealth is the only thing the children of this world understand and respond to. . .especially women.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
@harakiri Well if both of them had brains I can almost bet you that the rich one would lack in CHARACTER and INTEGRITY and would probably be an ARROGANT fool who lacks respect for others, and am definitely not the type who is blinded by money not to notice that and so i will still not pick the rich guy, I know u will argue with that and say not all of them lack in character then I will conclude that not all women "login" to loaded guys and look down on "poor" guys.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NewBegins(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
hahahahaha , see as woman cheap reach, LMAO, just for car, , Swagger dey work wella, but make you sabi and you get the energy, hahahahahah
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Elpieda. . . Women who settle for poor guys (including yourself) do so hoping things will improve some day and you can both live the lavida loca lifestyle you've always wanted. If improvement doesnt occur,believe me your attitude towards him will begin to decline. Imagine bumping into some old classmates and they are riding GLK's and LR2's while are hopping from brt to keke napep. They are flashing sony ericcson satio,ipone 4 and black berry bold and you find it difficult to bring out your N2,000 china kpalasa phone. That day will be sooo terrible that you will yourself giving your man hell at home for nothing. I have been with one girl for almost four years and she's the best marriage material in the market BUT i have noticed that she treats me like royalty when i have excess cash to throw around but when i run down, its back to normal e.g same old,same old relationship. I hope you get my point. . . Typing with phone isnt easy, lol
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Harakiri

Keep the flag flying. Tell them as it is.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2010
@harakiri, No I dont get your point and no you are not making any sense at all, now i see why u have this mentality, Its because u are stuck with a girl who treats u that way, well what a shame, but u still cant use that to judge every woman.

And being with a guy with hope of improvement is not wrong. It shows u can stick with that guy thru thick and thin, so that even when the so called riches come and go, u can still stick with him, U dont know me so u cant judge what i will or will not do. I dont need for my man to be RICH with all the so called cars u just mentioned, if we are both comfortable(depending on ur definiton of comfort) then am happy,

I believe in sharing, so even if he becomes the richest man in the world, i still believe we both should share resources and pay for things in the most equitable way possible, thats how things are with the man am with, so i have a totally different experience from u,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Elpieda

It's either you don't live in Nigeria,
or you are in Nigeria but very oblivious of the things going on around you.

At least, you can see from all the responses so far, that you're the only one with a different view.
If what you say is true, then you deserve praise.
But at least you can see you're part of the less than 1% of women around.
The majority situation is what we're trying to discuss, not some rare case like yours
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
@father, Less than 1% is still something if you apply that percentage to the number of women in Nigeria, Yes I totally agree that majoriy of women login to loaded guys and I must admit, am sad its the case, I have lived in Nigeria for a very very long time so am not oblivious to what is going on in the country right now, But I am not going to accept defeat by going with the idea that every woman is like that, Because that is just a hasty conclusion just like i will never ever buy the idea that all men are cheats or there are no virgins anymore and all the crap that people talk about,

Just because its commonplace doesnt give anyone of us a reason to generalize and thats the point am trying to make, so Men still have the opportunity to go seek out the women who wont "suck them dry" rather than accept the fact that all women are "gold diggers"
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Elpieda

I respect your stance. but trust me, we're not making hasty generalizations.
Almost every guy has the same story about women, so what else do you want us to believe?
Btw, <1% could be anything from 0 - 1%

Many of us hope to meet your type but have never had the luck
And trust me, it's not because we flashed our cash first.
Some guys dress well, act well, look handsome and have good prospects,
but have been robbed of girlfriends by richer guys.

So what do you expect us to do? lie about it?

Stop looking only through your glasses, you're probably the only owner of that brand
Please put your foot in our NIKEs and see how it feels.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Elpieda. . . Trust me, i know all about the relationship you are in coz mine is the same. Let me open up a bit. . . I was in a furniture-less room and parlor BQ when i started dating my woman. No tv, no home theatre, no dstv, no car. . .hell, i had to collect amstel malta on credit from aboki on her first day of visiting (Now thats you call a first impression that sticks. . .). She stuck with me till my business started florishing and i moved into a flat. She even borrowed money several times to help me out when my whole world came crashing down. Last year was the most horrible in my 30 years of existense. I was so broke that i should be selling stocks on the Nigerian stock exchange as a 'broker'. It got so bad and she got weary and tired of me. We quarrelled, made up, quarrelled some more and made up again. I'm glad thats all in my past and i'm not ashamed to talk about it provided it drives home a point. And the point is 'EVERY WOMAN HAS A LIMIT'. . .including yourself. In between, you have used up my credit with all this phone typing so send me credit. . .lol. Take care.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
Toasting still works but a girl gets tired of the same tired re-hashed and unimaginative toasting lines. Imagine a girl walking down the street and 10 different guys use the "Your face looks familiar" or "Are you Temi from the beach party on saturday" line? its bound to get tiring lol.

Also I think guys have low self esteems these days and give up before even trying on attractive girls, saying things like; "She cant be single she is very attractive" or "She is way out of my league so I will just not even go there". These are usually the men who resort to yahooism or ritualism to get their monies up.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by ddippset(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
4get toasting. u gotta get ur paper son. i mean ur bread. then every other thing shall be added unto you.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ More Like Matt 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of Money, and its associates (e.g Car, House etc); and all these women shall be added unto you.

Guys, I'm not trying to blaspheme or anything like that. Just having fun, God forgive me
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by ravenzord(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
Yeah it does wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Will Treat Any Girl That Date Me Because Of Money Like Dog. / Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.