Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Toasting Still Work These Days? (14233 Views)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
@harakiri then i guess i should just conclude that every guy is a gold digger since all the men i dated previously sucked me dry, strange aint it, but am a go-getter which always made me financially independent and every guy i was with made me spend so much on them cos i am a strong and independent woman, and i know a lot of ladies have the same story to tell at some point,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2010
Elpieda:

@harakiri then[b] i guess i should just conclude that every guy is a gold digger since all the men i dated previously sucked me dry, [/b]strange aint it, but am a go-getter which always made me financially independent and every guy i was with made me spend so much on them cos i am a strong and independent woman, and i know a lot of ladies have the same story to tell at some point,

I guess you can say every man you've met was a gold digger, but you won't find many ladies saying the same.

This character of women (preferring the rich or comfortable) is one of the few things in life that is certain.
I don't even know why there's a debate on it.

It's the equivalent of saying: Almost all (>99%) people like to eat. That's a sure fact
If you've read related books and carried out surveys on your own, you'll understand what I'm saying
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
@father thats ur conclusion, all the women i know who are MY friends are not gold diggers, but responsible women, so there is no way we can agree on that one, But i highly respect ur opinion, I really do,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Faher(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^ I respect yours too. Keep being yourself
Take care
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by lanrei(m): 7:37am On Jul 29, 2010
harakiri:

@Elpieda. . . Trust me, i know all about the relationship you are in coz mine is the same. Let me open up a bit. . . I was in a furniture-less room and parlor BQ when i started dating my woman. No tv, no home theatre, no dstv, no car. . .hell, i had to collect amstel malta on credit from aboki on her first day of visiting (Now thats you call a first impression that sticks. . .). She stuck with me till my business started florishing and i moved into a flat. She even borrowed money several times to help me out when my whole world came crashing down. Last year was the most horrible in my 30 years of existense. I was so broke that i should be selling stocks on the Nigerian  stock exchange as a 'broker'. It got so bad and she got weary and tired of me. We quarrelled, made up, quarrelled some more and made up again. I'm glad thats all in my past and i'm not ashamed to talk about it provided it drives home a point. And the point is 'EVERY WOMAN HAS A LIMIT'. . .including yourself. In between, you have used up my credit with all this phone typing so send me credit. . .lol. Take care.
u guys still 'gether hope biz is boomn now. Try 'o expantiate on d limit part. Peace
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by FBS: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2010
@Elpieda. I dey gbadun you. Tell them.
You get courage oo and I like that.

Who says toasting no dey work again?  cheesy
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by lexxwiz(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2010
M*O*B (money over Bi*tch*s),

Who needs toastn dese days?? Outdated!!! Wen we got internet sites where u can pick ur type of girl, All u need do is floss some crazy pictures of cars or lau lau things, U got urself fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what i'v done wif dating sites n i really weep 4 Nigeria,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Ranoscky(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2010
@Ebonyeyes

longtyme, wia v u been since all dis while? (hardly see ur post)

u'r welcome!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by harakiri(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2010
@lanrei. . .I'll explain the 'limit' with an example. Women who get involved with poor guys do so hoping things will change someday. Imagine if they are married for ten years and things are still the same or even worse. When it dawns on the woman that the light at the end of the tunnel wont appear anytime soon,she will grow weary,tired and even disgusted of the man. This is real life and not hollywood. At that stage,she's close to breaking point and approaching the LIMIT of what she can endure. In btw, me and my woman are good and living the good life now. Thanks.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Attahking: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2010
The only toasting in Naija now is a toasting of Money for pocket, baff-ups and cars like dis>>> even Gene viv self go fall, my people if you no get money just borne struggle

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by dejilam(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2010
Frank talk,,,,, it doesnt .you just need to have money and maybe a car.most important lyou need money.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by baslone: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2010
Come and feel my swagger!!

Gucci pelu Prada!!!
wink
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Elpieda: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Harakiri, The fact is both men and women have their LIMITS, even you might get disgusted with yourself if things are not looking up, it is a human emotion and that does not automatically make the woman a gold digger, there are a variety of reason why she may even be frustrated, It could be that the guy is not making an effort to reach the potential she believes he has, And for pete's sake if she can stay with him for 10years, doesnt that go to show that she is definitely not after his doe??

A woman dear to my heart got married and for 10 years both of them were dead broke and could not even afford to pay the fees of their kids, yes she got frustrated at times because she had to take her kids out of school and put them in way cheaper schools but that dint break her and her husband, they roughed it out and now they are both so comfortable that they were able to send one of their kids off to the states to pursue a degree, If there are women like here still existing, then not every woman is all about looking for loaded guys
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by lordkrato(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2010
@All,
LOL,, it's been really an entertaining thread.

like i always tell my friends,all the lessons of life have been taught to us all since primary school.

"4 legs Good,2 legs Bad"

Go back to your George Orwells's animal farm and see the wisdom.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by chubbytee: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2010
to be sincere, toasting is out of fashion. its like writing a love letter and sending it by post, hellooooooooo, !!!! no one does that no more. LET YOUR SWAG DO THE JOB. and if you ain't got no swag, then too bad men,
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by wedballs(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2010
hello brownteeth

yea, great post.

toasting works greatly now as it did years back,

but the problem is the how people do it now ,

for you to really get the girl you want , you need an attitude.the proper spirit,that is

confidence, guts, humor, you could check out http://tiponattractingwomenlikemagnet..com/ for more info.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by kikiola1: 11:46am On Jul 30, 2010
ARE WE STILL ON THIS ISSUE?

OYA' THIS IS MY LAST STATEMENT,
Does of you who have fly rides, you cannot deny, you have not noticed the difference, in the time required to woo! a lady,
if you have forgotten so easily, pack your car for 2 weeks and go hunting, good luck
Does of you, who dont ride fly cars, try buy, borrow or rent for 2 weeks, i promise you would be at WINNERS, for 1st service to give the greatest testimony of your life, if you re a muslim, ASALATU every night, lol
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by eewule(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
WHERE ARE ALL THE NAIRALAND LADIES / CHICKS, ? LET'S HERE YOUR POINT ON ALL THIS
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by mystiqueem(f): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2010
na bread? Lol!

"wooing is now a thing of the past" says someone

Dear Nigerian Guys

Well these days, boys are now very very lazy! they want everything to come to them effortlessly.
they want the girl to be very attractive, educated, a little rich would be an added bonus.

SHAME ON YOU, BOYS!

You want all but have nothing to offer, and you wonder why females are selective.
You spend more time nagging and complaining.
if she not pretty enough or a working class or educated, you write her off.
We work hard to maintain our status and you want to come in and reap from where you did not sow.

Nowadays, you don't woo her, you just pretend to be her friend, get close to her, then maybe a little stolen kiss here, there and voila! she's your babe.
she works hard, only for you to spend her money (sometimes on other girls), if she gives, you complain, if she doesn't, you still complain.
Complain! Complain!! Complain!!!

If she complains you say she's a lesbian or something
you want her to behave more like a 'woman' soft and cuddly but you expert her to work for you, clean after you, even cuddle you.
while you sit at large doing what you know how to do best, nothing!

Shame on you all.

from all women of substance.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by blacksta(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2010
@post

Yes it still works but you will have your shiznicks from the 19th century into the 21st

simple as abc
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by eewule(m): 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2010
Heres the thing :
Earlier in this tread someone was writing about oyibo girls not caring if a guy has money or not. thats because in this oyibo land the girls have jobs and sustain themself. on the naija side these ladies have been forced to look to the guys for support using what they can offer and its working for them so far. But the truth is : these ladies only like u for your dosh, the day you get broke they start disappearing. Though (being a single nigerian man) it bothers me that with things this way, how can a guy find a descent potential wife in todays nigeria !!
, anyway a question for my fellow guys out there who have been boasting about this matter: Do you actually prefer the way it is today (no money - no love), or would you have prefered the old way where toasting a girl still worked -answers please-
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
kiki_ola:

ARE WE STILL ON THIS ISSUE?

OYA' THIS IS MY LAST STATEMENT,
Does of you who have fly rides, you cannot deny, you have not noticed the difference, in the time required to woo! a lady,
if you have forgotten so easily, pack your car for 2 weeks and go hunting, good luck
Does of you, who dont ride fly cars, try buy, borrow or rent for 2 weeks, i promise you would be at WINNERS, for 1st service to give the greatest testimony of your life, if you re a muslim, ASALATU every night, lol

THIS POST CROWNS IT UP,

THREAD LOCKED~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by charmpaski: 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2010
Guys wait until u see an slowpoke carrying miss Ni9a, wat do u think trips her, is it because of d fact dat he mumbles over words for like 20 minutes b4 finally making sense out of nonsense or is it bco he drives a 2010 BM X series with so much money to throw around? my broder, “no money no romance”, dats d SWAGA.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
@topic of course it still works
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^
No it do not work
U mean if i toast you now u go gree
or have u forgotten i toasted mama-gee for 6months she nor gree~

@charmpaski
BM Xseries 010 model is too much sef,
a 14million naira BMW-X6 would do the damage 2 all ladies out there~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^ no i wouldnt gree because i do not encourage adultery, and i dont date married men grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^
Lol, in regards to omo.
ok if walestar.dobodobo asks u out now or mr.cork
would u agree~ grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^depends on wat comes out of their mouth, if it is good enuf i will consider grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Omolola1(f): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
@topic, toasting still works but it depends on how the guy handles it ~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

^^depends on wat comes out of their mouth, if it is good enuf i will consider grin
^^
Ok then Mr.cork would be available for u~
or try candylips`

@omolola~
B-bay.did i toast u (Winks)
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Omolola1(f): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
@190, can't remember ~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^

Awww, sweets~

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / My Gf Always Asking Me For Money This Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.