Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Toasting Still Work These Days? (14231 Views)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Omolola1(f): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2010
honest, k remind me *winks*
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by kilakhan(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2010
toasting no dey work ooo, the chics just wan know if you get better car and lalas and if you are willing to spend it, if you pass all three tests you will get to happily ever after now now!!! shocked cheesy
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2010
Omolola1:

honest, k remind me *winks*
i asked u out~ grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by mitchyy(f): 7:33am On Aug 01, 2010
Its old fashioned to me.
Flattery is not gonna take you anywhere. So just strike up a nice conversation without the usual toasting lines and if you are okay, then we are good to go.
I mean become friends.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 7:50am On Aug 01, 2010
^^
Good 2 go means good 2 go 2 bed~
grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by mitchyy(f): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2010
Nope.
It connotes different meanings.
I meant we can become friends.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by 1105(f): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2010
^^
rolls eyes~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by mitchyy(f): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2010
Yeah yeah. Whatever!
Lol
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by bisoyeg(m): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2010
Check this out

A GUY on a DATE in an X6 BMW with a Naija babe and the following Ensued. GUY: I hid something from you, GIRL: what is that my love?, GUY: I'm already married, GIRLHiss* You scared me, I thought you wanted to say the BMW is not yours
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2010
^^haha gud one grin

though scary enough this is a reality! funny tho grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by U1(m): 11:59am On Aug 02, 2010
I think what Faher wrote in the first reply, sadly, pretty much sums it all up. As for swagger, that has to include lies and what I call "sweet mouth." Else, you have to continue the trial and error method before you land yourself a lady.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yusuf2(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2010
mystiqueem:

na bread? Lol!

"wooing is now a thing of the past" says someone

Dear Nigerian Guys

Well these days, boys are now very very lazy! they want everything to come to them effortlessly.
they want the girl to be very attractive, educated, a little rich would be an added bonus.

SHAME ON YOU, BOYS!

You want all but have nothing to offer, and you wonder why females are selective.
You spend more time nagging and complaining.
if she not pretty enough or a working class or educated, you write her off.
We work hard to maintain our status and you want to come in and reap from where you did not sow.

Nowadays, you don't woo her, you just pretend to be her friend, get close to her, then maybe a little stolen kiss here, there and voila! she's your babe.
she works hard, only for you to spend her money (sometimes on other girls), if she gives, you complain, if she doesn't, you still complain.
Complain! Complain!! Complain!!!

If she complains you say she's a lesbian or something
you want her to behave more like a 'woman' soft and cuddly but you expert her to work for you, clean after you, even cuddle you.
while you sit at large doing what you know how to do best, nothing!

Shame on you all.

from all women of substance.
Haba, Na fight? grin grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by rhemakc(f): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2010
Men, guyz, boyz, They r al overgrown babies, lolz
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Olaidowu1(m): 2:05am On Aug 04, 2010
Toasting my foot!
It can only work when you have money, the ladies slogan now is " FOR MONEY FOR STAY, FOR POVERTY FOR GO".
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by nevae: 4:10am On Aug 04, 2010
guys u all shld bone, class or not with enough toasting you will see them asking after you when you are not there.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2010
Now I know why you see all those guys (especially 419ers) that can't even speak a complete english statement, walk up to a classy lady and start blabbing. My carribean peeps used to ask me why naija guys seem to assume they are fronting when they say no to a ride in their "range rovers" or any other car. Now I know, u all seem to think ur money has spoken the english properly for you erh?

Toasting doesn't work without the proper tools (not necessarily money). It's all about clean looks, clean cut, clean english, and clean swagg. Money doesn't cover up all these things
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by dastudent(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2010
if you can stack 5 stories that give you social value together within 5 mins,then you are gold.Naija guys should also learn group theory and how to yab there target nicely.The higher the class the higher the yabbing.works well.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by j4steady: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2010
Please help out,

Can any one give some examples of how to toast a chick you have not met before??
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2010
j4steady:

Please help out,

Can any one give some examples of how to toast a chick you have not met before??

Why would u want to toast if you have not met them before undecided
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by j4steady: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

Why would u want to toast if you have not met them before undecided

I mean some one you just met today and u just gbadun her style and some how there might not be any opportunity seeing her soon if you dont make the move now.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by hamsky: 2:39am On Aug 19, 2010
mehn this problem is every where ohhh, most especially with black chicks weda naija or south african or congolese self they are all thesame.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by JesusloveU: 10:02am On Aug 19, 2010
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by NaijaSisi(f): 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2010
if uve got the right lines then of course
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by albridge(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2010
what do you mean ''Toasting'' are we chickens?

are you telling me you didnt know you women were chicken? shocked common you've got to be kidding me cool
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by emmanuelalbert3(m): 10:47am On Mar 04, 2020
SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / My Gf Always Asking Me For Money This Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.