Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Does Toasting Still Work These Days? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Toasting Still Work These Days? (14231 Views)

Oath-taking: Does It Really Work These Days? / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Ten (10) Rules To Keep A Man Of These Days!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
yusuf_@:

I'm in support with all who have said toasting is a thing of the past "when true love existed". The only kind of Ladies u can toast these days are those that don't leave in or near the cities "ie Local Chicks", and even at that, u still need to have a 4 wheeler to even get recognized. Base Note :- NO MONEY, NO LOVE and the amount of money u've got & willing to spend on her is directly proportional to the amount of loving u get from her/them! gbam

[size=14pt]Gbam you have hit the head on the nail, [/size]
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by bawomolo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Gekko:

Damn, thot this discussion was going to be about exposing bread to heat. cheesy

lol comedy
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by FBS: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2010
I still believe "toasting" definitely still exist.  cool

Cos it all depends on what you are looking for. Hit and run or a life partner.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by cold(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2010
Women prefer men who have something tender about them-especially the legal tender kind cool
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by MeGaStReEt: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2010
papa190:

[size=15pt]I beg to disagree,
Even if they kant say Nuffin,
their cars speak for em,
Ladies know how 2 fish out the rich from the poor
E[b]Even if the Guy is a cripple they would Call him the sexiest guy in the world[/b]
Just cos he owns a range rover sports
If he is deaf and dumb they would still manage him~
[/size]

lol, abeg i no fit laff

I am talkin from xperience, there is this girl from a rich family who claimed she love my friend, when i say from a "rich family" i mean she is not interested in my friends doe, she traveled all the way from Abuja to Lagos to see my guy, she came, my friend camped her in a hotel, my friend and this gurl were suppose to sleep in the same room and on the same bed together,  around 12 mid nite, my yunger brothers phone rang, after the conversation my younger brother told me my friend was asking him what he should do with the girl, its just like you are hungry and somebody provides food for you and you dont know how to eat.

To cut the long story short, my guy no fit do anything, till tomorrow, e no get liver but e get the bar
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2010
Here's how I toast:

HI. How are you?
You look nice today.
Are you seeing anybody? if she says no, I ask her if we can do
something over the weekend.
If she says she can't, I'm out of there.

Those guys insisting on cars and money, what do you do
when you're trying to get with these women who have more
money than you, a better looking car than yours?   All of a sudden
you don't have those crutches to rely on (car, money).

Any very young man  reading this here's my advice: forget about
the preconceptions. You see a woman you like, go up to her, and
say hi! Compliment her about something or other--and then go for the kill.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by jaybee3(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^
Na wa oh. So your third question is if she's seeing someone grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by cold(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2010
jay bee:

^^^
Na wa oh. So your third question is if she's seeing someone  grin grin grin grin

grin grin i tire o,just like that  shocked

If women didn't exist,all the money in the world would have no meaning
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

lol, abeg i no fit laff

I am talkin from xperience, there is this girl from a rich family who claimed she love my friend, when i say from a "rich family" i mean she is not interested in my friends doe, she traveled all the way from Abuja to Lagos to see my guy, she came, my friend camped her in a hotel, my friend and this gurl were suppose to sleep in the same room and on the same bed together,   around 12 mid nite, my yunger brothers phone rang, after the conversation my younger brother told me my friend was asking him what he should do with the girl, its just like you are hungry and somebody provides food for you and you dont know how to eat.

To cut the long story short, my guy no fit do anything, till tomorrow, e no get liver but e get the bar

Them swear for that guy from him mama-village then~
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by FBS: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
I love this thread. Funny as BANG!!!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by steve49ja(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

I am talkin from xperience, there is this girl from a rich family who claimed she love my friend, when i say from a "rich family" i mean she is not interested in my friends doe, she traveled all the way from Abuja to Lagos to see my guy, she came, my friend camped her in a hotel, my friend and this gurl were suppose to sleep in the same room and on the same bed together,  around 12 mid nite, my yunger brothers phone rang, after the conversation my younger brother told me my friend was asking him what he should do with the girl, its just like you are hungry and somebody provides food for you and you dont know how to eat.

Let's understand this very well. We are not talking about  WEAK or OVER shy dudes. We are talking about the norm nowadays.

These days IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOOOOOD JOB, GOOD CAR, YOUR OWN APARTMENT, SOME WEARS AND SOME MONEY IN YA POCKET. . .you'll prolly end up with your mother as the only woman who loves you back. NO JOKE!

Not being able to play with the chic you talked about is a different scenario plus no be every chic you do a one nighty with you de rough-handle. Trust me some one nighter with some kain babes  go throwe your liver outside the door. but for 1 9ters it depends on the feelings and how the dude fit take read greenlight reach.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Parnassuss(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
Toasting? sad
Been there done that, NEXT.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yusuf2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2010
Vquest:

Here's how I toast:

HI. How are you?
You look nice today.
Are you seeing anybody? if she says no, I ask her if we can do
something over the weekend.
If she says she can't, I'm out of there.

Those guys insisting on cars and money, what do you do
when you're trying to get with these women who have more
money than you, a better looking car than yours?   All of a sudden
you don't have those crutches to rely on (car, money).

Any very young man  reading this here's my advice: forget about
the preconceptions. You see a woman you like, go up to her, and
say hi! Compliment her about something or other--and then go for the kill.

Here is a typical response u'll get from your questions

You : HI. How are you?
Her :  lipsrsealed
You : You look nice today.
You : Are you seeing anybody?
Her : WHAT? u must be out of ur mind, what do u take me for? Idiot, , amongst other cursive utterances depending on her level of decency.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by agabaI23(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

lol, abeg i no fit laff

How old was your guy at the time? 14 or 15?
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
steve49ja:

Let's understand this very well. We are not talking about  WEAK or OVER shy dudes. We are talking about the norm nowadays.

These days IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOOOOOD JOB, GOOD CAR, YOUR OWN APARTMENT, SOME WEARS AND SOME MONEY IN YA POCKET. . .you'll prolly end up with your mother as the only woman who loves you back. NO JOKE!

Not being able to play with the chic you talked about is a different scenario plus no be every chic you do a one nighty with you de rough-handle. Trust me some one nighter with some kain babes  go throwe your liver outside the door. but for 1 9ters it depends on the feelings and how the dude fit take read greenlight reach.
Please tell them, grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by steve49ja(m): 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2010
papa190:

Please tell them, grin
Lol what are we not talking? Small girl we de Secondary school sef go size up ya pocket before e answer you
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by MeGaStReEt: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
agabaI23:

How old was your guy at the time? 14 or 15?

Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by agabaI23(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

Well it could be he has no feeling for the babe orhe is afraid of her!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by jaybee3(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
People don't toast dis days as it's somewhat odd going up to a woman in the street then start yarning dust.

U meet a girl that you like, strike a general conversation and politely ask for a way to contact her at the point that you are both ready to go your separate ways.
If it's your lucky day then you'd get the necessary data but if not just do a bloody move on.

Toasting is somehow childish and it should be outlawed
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^
How far with our ban-package
them don reply u~ grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by skillcano: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2010
well i think the only way to capture a girls heart, is to be by her all the time, assisting her in most things, and i bet you, she will start nursing a feeling of security in your harm
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Ibomade1: 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2010
No need to toast just make[b] $$$$$ rain on her[/b]. She will be like "Bros Can I follow you home "   grin grin grin
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yusuf2(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
skillcano:

well i think the only way to capture a girls heart, is to be by her all the time, assisting her in most things, and i bet you, she will start nursing a feeling of security in your harm
But just when i pull up with my 2011 Sports Range Rover, all ur being by her side, assisting her, and her nursing feeling 4 u would just evaporate into the AC outlet of my car.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by TheCork(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2010
Well I toastin another chick at the bustop today although I had to buy all her oranges & gave her the change, b4 she finaly gave me green light.

Yes toastin still works!!
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2010
Parnassuss:

Toasting? sad
Been there done that, NEXT.

grin

If she doesn't acknowledge  me, my next question would not be "are you currently dating someone"?
The first and most important thing is to engage her in conversation.
If she's ignoring you, you say something funny and move on.
The way I go about it has worked for me. It should work for most men.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2010
The Cork:

Well I toastin another chick at the bustop today although I had to buy all her oranges  & gave her the change, b4 she finaly gave me green light.

Yes toastin still works!!
the one that has specialty in insulting and swearing for people's mother rite~

yusuf_@:

Here is a typical response u'll get from your questions

You : HI. How are you?
You : You look nice today.
You : Are you seeing anybody?
Her : WHAT? u must be out of your mind, what do u take me for? , , amongst other cursive utterances depending on her level of decency.

DEATH,,,, grin grin grin
YOU HAVE COMPLETELY KILLED THAT GUY
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by papa190(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2010
yusuf_@:

But just when i pull up with my 2011 Sports Range Rover, all your being by her side, assisting her, and her nursing feeling 4 u would just evaporate into the AC outlet of my car.

ROLLIN ON THE FLOOR, BOYS ARE TERRIBLE,
THATS WHY I KEEP SAYING, WORK HARD, HAMMER,
AND GIRLS WOULD BE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR,

[s]swagger are meant for em, cris brown and tyga!![/s]
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by legendprac(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2010
The car thing sure works. I enjoy a higher rate of success with ladies using my ride than on legedis-benz.(without having to apply much flows)
Eg. There is a girl I was starting 2 get to know, she was always giving me that not-so-interested kinda attitude. But, d day I gave her a good air-conditioned ride home(that was d first day she was seeing me in my ride), she started speaking in 'tongues,' telling me to always come around so will be sit down, chat n catch some fun,
This is just one out of many instances
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Meldrick(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2010
skillcano:

Ahhhh o ma se oooo. It's a pity. So u are still glued to this Robin Hood kind of love.
Guy, when a girl agrees to date you, do not think you are a good toaster or because you have lyrics. Na lie. She has sized your pocket and realized you can take care of her immediate needs.

Talking of been by her all times and capturing her heart might be temporary but you should have the Benjamin to take her to the movies, the nice joints in town, money for her hair, money for her to buy some good clothes so she can say when with her friends'' my boyfriend bought this for me''.
Guy without those, (ha ha ha) she will find that your recommended Robin Hood love boring and irritating.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by Vquest(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Vquest:

grin

If she doesn't acknowledge  me, my next question would not be "are you currently dating someone"?
The first and most important thing is to engage her in conversation.
If she's ignoring you, you say something funny and move on.
The way I go about it has worked for me. It should work for most men.
papa190:

the one that has specialty in insulting and swearing for people's mother rite~

DEATH,,,, grin grin grin
YOU HAVE COMPLETELY KILLED THAT GUY

LOL
Please.  If that was a she, she'd respond to the smile. If not,  then to the humor. If she doesn't respond
to either, I move on. No harm done. Like I said that's what has worked for me. It should work for most men.
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by yusuf2(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
Vquest:

LOL
Please.  If that was a she, she'd respond to the smile. If not,  then to the humor. If she doesn't respond
to either, I move on. No harm done. Like I said that's what has worked for me. It should work for most men.
papa190:

ROLLIN ON THE FLOOR, BOYS ARE TERRIBLE,
THATS WHY I KEEP SAYING, WORK HARD, HAMMER,
AND GIRLS WOULD BE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR,

[s]swagger are meant for em, cris brown and tyga!![/s]
true tok na
Re: Does Toasting Still Work These Days? by MeGaStReEt: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
ha ha ha ha ha, you sure say no be pastor wife be that so? lol

just kidin

legendprac:

The car thing sure works. I enjoy a higher rate of success with ladies using my ride than on legedis-benz.(without having to apply much flows)
Eg. There is a girl I was starting 2 get to know, she was always giving me that not-so-interested kinda attitude. But, d day I gave her a good air-conditioned ride home(that was d first day she was seeing me in my ride), she started speaking in 'tongues,' telling me to always come around so will be sit down, chat n catch some fun,
This is just one out of many instances

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / My Gf Always Asking Me For Money This Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.