Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,181 members, 7,957,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola (19716 Views)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / ‘my Manhood No Longer Stands Erect’, Can't Have Sex: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Hot18: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
Can a man be a femi.nist?
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Seal33: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
Always the woman every time
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by CityBlogger: 12:28am On Dec 13, 2018
DukeofNZ:
No submit no marry.

Love conquers all, not a slave-master relationship but all about love & understanding.
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Hot18: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2018
Because they say the world revolves them
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by BRMN: 12:48am On Dec 18, 2018
CityBlogger:

Love conquers all, not a slave-master relationship but all about love & understanding.

If the understanding was there, marriages will not be crashing.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Seal33: 1:13am On Dec 20, 2018
Many issues affect marriages leading to break up, not just submission, but people will hold on to submission only, as if that's the only issue with marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
CityBlogger:

How can you love someone you don't understand? How possible?
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by CityBlogger: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
Seal33:
Many issues affect marriages leading to break up, not just submission, but people will hold on to submission only, as if that's the only issue with marriage.

I see
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by News101: 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
saibuhari:
Women just looking for excuse to be rival with their husbands. The word submission is not created by any man. God ordered it. Women have no option than to obey or face the consequence. Even those men who are pretending to be feminists, they cannot amend the word of God. If u cant submit as a woman remain in your father's house.

Correct, why will I marry you if you can't submit to me?
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
LordKO:
Personally, I dislike use of the verb word "submit" (or its noun; submission) - both in word and action - in relation to a man and woman in a romantic affair. I prefer its euphemism like submissive (submissiveness). Submission in this regard always makes it look as if it's a master-servant thing.

So, if the word is submissiveness, I'll say yes, women who aren't submissive to their men - aristocratic men - can never have lasting (healthy) marriage. The difference between submissiveness and love is just in their names and applications - just as the difference between a man and a woman is simply in their genders, and roles by extension. Neither submissiveness nor love is a sign of weakness - just as difference in human genders don't mean inequality.

Both submissiveness and love are products - compound products - of goodness and diplomacy. Submissiveness begets selflessness, meekness and sweetness, etc. Love begets kindness, politeness, thoughtfulness, etc. Men love your wives and women be submissive to your husbands.

This is awesome.

5 Likes

Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
Submission is not enough for some men
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 01, 2019
LordKO:
Personally, I dislike use of the verb word "submit" (or its noun; submission) - both in word and action - in relation to a man and woman in a romantic affair. I prefer its euphemism like submissive (submissiveness). Submission in this regard always makes it look as if it's a master-servant thing.

So, if the word is submissiveness, I'll say yes, women who aren't submissive to their men - aristocratic men - can never have lasting (healthy) marriage. The difference between submissiveness and love is just in their names and applications - just as the difference between a man and a woman is simply in their genders, and roles by extension. Neither submissiveness nor love is a sign of weakness - just as difference in human genders don't mean inequality.

Both submissiveness and love are products - compound products - of goodness and diplomacy. Submissiveness begets selflessness, meekness and sweetness, etc. Love begets kindness, politeness, thoughtfulness, etc. Men love your wives and women be submissive to your husbands.

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Brainy19(m): 12:16am On Jan 19, 2020
Am not yet married, but this world submission has to do with understanding too,if in a family a man can believed that his wife and children are his special property, and show them love and care is the wife blind not to no her husband well love them and submit?

Not using the advantage that she is a women to punish her beat her in front of children, back her when she is hustling to find money to pay for you own children school fees, because it is says that man is the owner of the children in the family. you will come to take the money away from her to go and drink,and if she refused you will say she is not submission Ehhhhh? ?men the way you keep you home will make a mad man to laugh and point at you thanks
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Akuruoulo(m): 5:15am On Apr 02, 2021
Hot18:

What do u think? This question of submit, submit, submit to ur man always. Must everything be all about women submitting to their husbands, so the man will continue to lord it over the woman , no one advises the man, it's always women they advise every time.
U can advice the men nah.
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Akuruoulo(m): 5:18am On Apr 02, 2021
Submission belongs to men who
pay all the bills, provide financially for everything needed without questions
Keep their penis inside their trousers..community penis deserves no loyalty or submission from me
Respect me enough to treat me right
Protect and the guide the household with integrity.

Can we start laying more emphasis on men, because most of them don’t know how to lead their homes.
U are correct
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Akuruoulo(m): 5:20am On Apr 02, 2021
Hot18:
But must it be totally? For God's sake d woman is not a slave na. Love is more important
Men love ur wife, and women submit to ur husband thou said the lord. no big deal therd
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Akuruoulo(m): 5:22am On Apr 02, 2021
BRMN:

If the understanding was there, marriages will not be crashing.
If there is no submissiveness, then there wont be understanding.
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Nicoddemus(m): 5:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Submission belongs to men who
pay all the bills, provide financially for everything needed without questions
Keep their penis inside their trousers..community penis deserves no loyalty or submission from me
Respect me enough to treat me right
Protect and the guide the household with integrity.

Can we start laying more emphasis on men, because most of them don’t know how to lead their homes.

Men who pay all the bills and provide financially for everything While you sit there as useless as uselessness. How will you e even endure this kind of worthlessness? Tufiakwa. As useless as nobody
Re: Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola by Akuruoulo(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
Hot18:

What do u think? This question of submit, submit, submit to ur man always. Must everything be all about women submitting to their husbands, so the man will continue to lord it over the woman , no one advises the man, it's always women they advise every time.
Do u want them to tell men to submit to their wieves or what ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Ways Of Rebuilding Trust In Your Marriage After It's Been Broken / Guys, How Do You Handle A Freeloader Neighbor? / Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.