Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers (71957 Views)

Do DSS ON Suit Wear Bullet Proof Vest? / DSS Raids Bandit Camp In Kaduna, Intercepts ‘Sophisticated Weapons’ / Fulanis Herdsmen Marching Into Southern States With Sophisticated Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by DaAwesome1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
Reference:
There is some misconception here and folks have to understand what the loose term 'sophistication' means. Modern, updated, technologically superior can hardly describe what the inventory these insurgents wield, at least from the ones caputured. I really cannot see any sophisticated weapons used in the Bornu theatre.

What I however obswrve is that they seem to come to battle with a better balance of weaponry carefully selected to defeat our military. If they counter your infantry with truck mounted, thus mobile heavy machine guns they will do damage to fixed infantry positions. If they bring rocket propelled grenade launchers and can man them tactically they can take out your APC's and light vehicles. If they bring those 88's with anti-aircraft rounds as long as the palm of my hand yhen even helicooter gunships will need aome serious tactics to penetrate their envelope.

None of these weapons are unusual or exotic. They just seem to have a better balance of weaponry, and a different tactic driven by their warped philosophy. They donot come to fight, they come to die. It is difficult to contain such an adversary. But doubtlessly our military needs to step up, re-arm properly and adapt their tactics.

If they donot have the requisite equipment to hold the ground and dig in, I suggest they keep mobile to offer these bandits less of a static target to assault.
Bh always use ANTI aircraft guns mounted on trucks to decimate our soft skinned pickup trucks
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
kingharzy:
undecided

AK-47 o0o, AR-15 o0o all i know is when y'all are done arguing you should show us proof of how you acquired knowledge of firearms (sophisticated or not) OR we invite the DSS to open your files.
Una nor go kill person with laugh. I am even surprised how people know short range and long range ,rounds per minute. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by HolyBranches: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
which war had ak47 won?
Read and liberate yourself, dude.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

Don't talk nonsense

What do you know about live fire or responding in live fire ?

What do you know about sight recoil and free fire accuracy?

Don't dare talk nonsense!!!!

It's people like you who encourgage these corrupt politicians with your subtle ignorance and wide most stupidity

Don't speak about that which you have no idea!!!

Shut up!!!

The politicians arm the military with AK47 and you are here telling me it's a good rifle ?

What do you know ??

I would stake my life with a gs9 in my hand than an ak47 when facing an insurgent

Stupid child

You have the guts to sit in the comfort of your home and type rubbish because some are dying at the front line facing these terrorists with out dated equipment

You sleep comfortably at night because some are awake

You know nothing!!!

Some are trained to die for you and you are here saying they are properly equipped .
What do you know ??

Do you think everyone will live to a ripe old age out here

Close your mouth

It seems like you're one frustrated military personnel ! Bro if the job don tire you... Resign! Stop giving negative vibes upandan here.
We are not the cause of your frustration. Resign and go find other jobs.
Good day.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Reference(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2018
richeeyo:

Am sure u aware that the Ak as accuracy problems even with a scope
The weight is also a problem
The American AR 15s are lighter, accurate and Vibrate less during firing than the Ak 47
The Ak is outdated the Russians knows it
Its more of a Rebel rifle than a millitary

No sir. If.you have used a weapon before you will realise that the heavier the rifle, the more accurate it will be to shoot. It is simple physics. A longer barrel makes for more rifling and the more a bullet spins before exiting a barrel the more likely it ia to stay on track. A longer barrel means more weight. That is why the Tavor cannot compete with a BM for instance at range. But since you can carry more ammunition it compensates for the less accurancy.

Not saying the AK is heavier than the AR though. They are about the same weight.

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by HolyBranches: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2018
AK 47 that can even function seamlessly under water. AK is for war. Those DSS toys are exactly what they are. Toys.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
psychologist:
From my own perspective as someone that has zero knowledge about guns, the Op thinks because the dss guys Tar-21 are bigger and finer it is more sophisticated...... But from what I have gathered here I think AK wins the battle for me, coupled with the fact that it has a shot knife attached for necessities grin

and dont forget the other side is firing back at you too oooo...that tavor is not suited for skirmishes where you have to duck and roll....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by greygoblings(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
@ OP, your comment shows that you know very little or nothing about guns. How will you advocate for the army to use Uzis to fight Boko Haram? There is a reason why the FN P-90 is a submachine gun (submachine guns use pistol caliber ammunition or bullets, although might be in cartridges). Looks doesn't mean a gun has a better range or rapid fire power. Now, the AK 47's the army uses is used by the military all over the world, with some countries (like the US which has the M16) having their own modified versions. The AK has a very good range, penetrating power, weight and accuracy at 100 meters unlike the Isreali Uzi "FN P-90" being used by the DSS. So, don't let the bulky looks deceive you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Reference(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
fkj950ax:

Short range o. In war, the enemy being far away is just a waste of ammunition. Closer shots guarantee higher kill rates,

Na so. You need to join the infantry. Then you will know better.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:
This is what our soldiers use in the battle field
hahahaha, e go better.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2018
frenzyduchess:
Una nor go kill person with laugh. I am even surprised how people know short range and long range ,rounds per minute. grin

we are nigerians...fightin is a tradition....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Ikem11(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
which war had ak47 won?
U know nothing about riffle bro by asking that guy that question. Go do research about AK then u come back and edit ur comment
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Reference(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
DaAwesome1:

Bh always use ANTI aircraft guns mounted on trucks to decimate our soft skinned pickup trucks

There is nothing you can do about those on the battlefield. Those things have enormous range of a couple of kilometres. They will kill you out of visual range. That is why a fighting unit must be fully complemented. with out of range weapons such as mortars and field guns or be completely mobile.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by HolyBranches: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

See the nonsense this one is typing?

Ak 47 doesn't not work in water or when flooded
.the tavor does (what the dss carry I'd a tarvor)

Close your mouth sometimes and stop talking nonsense

Tarvor doesn't jam , ak47 does notoriously

Tarvor has a longer range of fire and better recoil than the ak47

Please shut up
You should be banned from Nairaland for displaying this level of ignorance.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

we are nigerians...fightin is a tradition....
And you think only Nigerians fight? undecided
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:

It seems like you're one frustrated military personnel ! Bro if the job don tire you... Resign! Stop giving negative vibes upandan here.
We are not the cause of your frustration. Resign and go find other jobs.
Good day.

i guess he has to be that way to kill his enemies....let him be....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
frenzyduchess:
And you think only Nigerians fight? undecided

our own is already like breathin air....

we already start fighting even in diapers....

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Ikem11(m): 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
greygoblings:
@ OP, your comment shows that you know very little or nothing about guns. How will you advocate for the army to use Uzis to fight Boko Haram? There is a reason why the FN P-90 is a submachine gun (submachine guns use pistol caliber ammunition or bullets, although might be in cartridges). Looks doesn't mean a gun has a better range or rapid fire power. Now, the AK 47's the army uses is used by the military all over the world, with some countries (like the US which has the M16) having their own modified versions. The AK has a very good range, penetrating power, weight and accuracy at 100 meters unlike the Isreali Uzi "FN P-90" being used by the DSS. So, don't let the bulky looks deceive you.

Don't mind them... They keep commenting out of ignorance. How on earth can anybody compare AK47 to anyother gun when it comes to assault war riffles. This topic is even an insult to Ak47
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by SkinnyNigga: 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
Fynline:
More
these ones be like private contractors
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by onyfrank: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
ALL THESE THINGS JUST TO KILL YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEING? WICKED WORLD.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Valkyr: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2018
AK-47 dey fire for every weather and e no dey overheat
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Paretomaster1(m): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2018
Born2Breed:

Unku, you too dey vex and I guess you are a military man.
Just tell us the difference.

I tire for the bros o, he be like say BH boys don treat him fuc*up before..

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2018
Reference:

No sir. If.you have used a weapon before you will realise that the heavier the rifle, the more accurate it will be to shoot. It is simple physics. A longer barrel makes for more rifling and the more a bullet spins before exiting a barrel the more likely it ia to stay on track. A longer barrel means more weight. That is why the Tavor cannot compete with a BM for instance at range. But since you can carry more ammunition it compensates for the less accurancy.

Not saying the AK is heavier than the AR though. They are about the same weight.
You have a point sir
But the Ak 47 does not make use of the new Spira curves in modern barrels
The AR as is center of gravity carefully designed for balance while the Ak as it gravity at the center which causes it to nose dive upwards further than the AR during fire, so if the Ak is at Full automatic when u fire, you would be struggling to keep it hold it from almost flying upwards
Long barrels this days don't mean longer range the spiral curves as changed it all and the locations of the magazine of some rifle at the back is to fully utilize the short barrels
So it can be used for close quarter combat
And open combats without having to switch

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by FarahAideed: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

You are a very ignorant liar and uninformed and a bloody civilian who has never handled a combat rifle

What is the name of the rifle the dss carry ?

What is the recoil bias at full burst and semi auto

What is the round per minute ?

What is the armour penetration versus yard ratio ?

What is the angle deflection at full auto from Target at 200 yards ?

You are just an ignorant enthusiastic uninformed dummy who doesn't know what he is talking about

That rifle is a hundred times better than the ak47

Even from your comments I can tell you are just an ignorant dude who knows nothing about weapons ..(mind you I fired my first rifle when I was eight and since then I have fired a lot of rifles including the Almighty Barret M82 .50 cal )

First do you even know why we call a particular weapon a rifle?

When pound for pound comparisons are being made for weapons the following factors are what are considered before rankings are done

1 . Lethality
2. accuracy
3. Reliability
4. Maintenance
5.cost of operation
6.cost of procurement
7sustainability
8. Ruggedity
9. type of Bullet
These are the parameter that are scored from 1-10 then the one with the overall highest scores is considered the " pound for pound" best..

The two weapons the OP posted for the DSS are the Isreali built Tarvor TAR21 and Belgian FN F2000 and believe no Army in world can issue any as their standard issued rifles ..you will find these weapons with only special forces trained for snatch ops .

7 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Reference(m): 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2018
FarahAideed:

Even from your comments I can tell you are just an ignorant dude who knows nothing about weapons ..(mind you I fired my first rifle when I was eight and since then I have fired a lot of rifles including the Almighty Barret M82 .50 cal )

First do you even know why we call a particular weapon a rifle?

When pound for pound comparisons are being made for weapons the following factors are what are considered before rankings are done

1 . Lethality
2. accuracy
3. Reliability
4. Maintenance
5.cost of operation
6.cost of procurement
7sustainability
8. Ruggedity
9. type of Bullet
These are the parameter that are scored from 1-10 then the one with the overall highest scores is considered the " pound for pound" best..

The two weapons the OP posted for the DSS are the Isreali built Tarvor TAR21 and Belgian FN F2000 and believe no Army in world can issue any as their standard issued rifles ..you will find these weapons with only special forces trained for snatch ops .

Something like this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by HolyBranches: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2018
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
DREAMZZZ:
all those things you mention for there na community crisis except vietnam war and if you check the statistics of vietnam war the m16 did more damage than ak47

Google needs to be your close friend if you call Afghanistan, Liberia, Namibia, Congo, Angola etc community crises
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ensamy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
DSS carry plastic toy guns around. Ak 47 na correct. shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Dami12345: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Half bread is better than poff poff

..I Walk around like everything is ok... but deep down I want to rob a bank

Let's go together...
How long we going to suffer when we have brains in our heads and power in our arms.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Adiwana: 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2018
Reference:

Bruh I don't think the "weight" is a factor per se.yea the length is a huge factor but in my own Opinion doesn't affect the weight.Simply put the silencer improves the accuracy of a hand gun but it's weight on the gun is negligible.Wish there was a better way to put it
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by DaAwesome1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2018
Reference:

There is nothing you can do about those on the battlefield. Those things have enormous range of a couple of kilometres. They will kill you out of visual range. That is why a fighting unit must be fully complemented. with out of range weapons such as mortars and field guns or be completely mobile.
had an uncle in the NE who said the NA is always outgunned by Bh guys with dshka machine guns and anti aircraft guns.. everytime our boys fight for a while then sprint for their lives
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Reference(m): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2018
And for some other information. There is nothing such as an outdated weapon. A bow and arrow will kill you today as it killed 5,000 years ago. A Lee Enfield of the second world war will still kill effectively.

What makes a bigger difference is the serviceability of the weapon in question and the tactics adopted to suit that weapon.

There are however outdated weapon systems and this has to do when you want to integrate different weapons platforms into a battlefield system.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari's Look As Ezra Olubi, Co-Founder Of Paystack Receives National Award / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor / Ba’a Idirisa Killed! Muhammed Yusuf's Son's Death Divides Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.