Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (52079 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

Even with Canada’s lenineint immigration , how come their country never full reach? How come are people are killing themselves to come the US especially Hispanics when they could go to Canada who has more relaxed immigration policy.

It might be due to the fact that people are still holding the US to its Old Glory and are trying very hard and desperate to get to the US.

On the part of the Hispanic the main reason is because Mexico shares a very close border with the US and not with Canada.

Now I know that Mexicans now has a visa-free access into Canada and not the US.

I want to assume that over time those Mexicans who travel visa-free to Canada might end up staying longer than their permitted legal stay.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

It might be due to the fact that people are still holding the US to its Old Glory and are trying very hard and desperate to get to the US.

On the part of the Hispanic the main reason is because Mexico shares a very close border with the US and not with Canada.

Now I know that Mexicans now has a visa-free access into Canada and not the US.

I want to assume that over time those Mexicans who travel visa-free to Canada might end up staying longer than their permitted legal stay.

No I think , it boils down job opportunities. Jobs are easy to get over here , especially low skilled work. A Mexican man was the news, he was an illegal in the us but moved to Canada, stated that he regretted his decision. Work dey plenty for Mexicans especially when it comes to construction in the US. They want to work and feed their families, they are not like Nigerians who are looking to come here and “blow”.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

You have stayed in nigeria for 7 years after studying abroad

I have stayed in nigeria all my life, over 20 years and never went abroad

But you are the one supporting remaining in nigeria while i support leaving

What really is the source of your support for remaining?
You were not given the opportunity to remain after studying?
You cant stay after study in the UK, they will kick you out

The irony
cheesy

My GOD. what are you writing
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

Please read all he's said. I only asked him what works since he said everything in Nigeria works.
Morality?
I'll pass on morality. Orgies organised with thanks for coming, budding lgbt clubs, yahoo boys?

I am not attacking him. He's the one trying to make it look like living outside Nigeria doesn't make sense.

I've attached my own experience, let him come up with proof.

if you want to talk about morality

the western world have nude beach for orgies, swingers clubs where a married man will take his wife to have sex with others not talk about black guys, homosexuality, transgender, legalization of marijuana ,they want to feminise men, so that is the good morality you want to preach about. moral standard in the western world is down.

life abroad doesnt make sense for everyone, some immigrant are better off in Nigeria

i know people who were practicing in Nigeria and lost that dream abroad.

what about people who left their good jobs in nigeria and went abroad to achieve nothing, they wish they can come back but they are ashamed.

Many hope will be lost if we dont tell people that they can also make it in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

na reality I dey tell you so cool

Then the country will be populated by idiots

Like idiots raised to power 3 cheesy grin

dont think nigerians in nigerians are stupid, they are more mentally stronger than you

Most of the things that work in Nigeria is because of other nigerians

All the Nigerians building startups in Nigeria are all from abroad, why did they not become successful there is because there are plenty of competition. if you want to be recognise, to build things come to nigeria with top notch skills, if you love your comfort zone and you are comfortable with being among those in the rat race, you can stay there. we are not begging you to come back but this country will be built whether you like it or not.

tiwa savage, jason, don jassey, dbanj,etc are all from abroad, they are recognised for their act, something they would not have achieved abroad.

even some british and american born Nigerians are now wanting to be part of our entertainment industry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

the western world have nude beach for orgies, swingers clubs where a married man will take his wife to have sex with others not talk about black guys, homosexuality, transgender, legalization of marijuana ,they want to feminise men, so that is the good morality you want to preach about. moral standard in the western world is down.

life abroad doesnt make sense for everyone, some immigrant are better off in Nigeria

what about people who left their good jobs in nigeria and went abroad to achieve nothing, they wish they can come back but they are ashamed.

Many hope will be lost if we dont tell people that they can also make it in Nigeria.

Many hopes will be realized if people can go abroad to live

Why do you downplay making it abroad so hard?
This is a 2 sided coin
Not one

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Moral standards in the world is down. Nigeria isn't any better. You can call Praise Fowowe and ask him.
I totally agree that some immigrants are better of being home.
SOME.
Me and my family are better off being here. We're capitalising on the opportunity Nigeria didn't offer us.
I agree again that some people get here and lost it.
We, we're not losing it.
When you're leaving Nigeria for anywhere, even Ghana, do it with sense.
If you come here and get a survival job, do it and improve on your skills to get a better job.
Not doing McDonald's for 10 years.
Come legally and don't intend or try to play smart anything.
Be optimistic.
Work hard. It's in your naija blood anyway.
You'll be fine.
If you're not, go back home and consult thebosstrevor wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

No I think , it boils down job opportunities. Jobs are easy to get over here , especially low skilled work. A Mexican man was the news, he was an illegal in the us but moved to Canada, stated that he regretted his decision. Work dey plenty for Mexicans especially when it comes to construction in the US. They want to work and feed their families, they are not like Nigerians who are looking to come here and “blow”.

I guess you're right.

But one would think that Canada can also create avenues for construction jobs like the US at least for growth towards the economy.

The Mexicans using the visa-free opportunities to get access into Canada can be used to get workers for those construction jobs or other low-skilled jobs too.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

Many hopes will be realized if people can go abroad to live

Why do you downplay making it abroad so hard?
This is a 2 sided coin
Not one

many odds are against you, that is what you dont understand, you can go if you want, lets imagine you dont achieve your dream of going abroad after many years, what are you going to do?

it is easier for europeans and asians to achieve success in canada or america, they come with high tech skills, they build businesses and employ their own, we do not build anything but compete with locals for jobs. who do you think they will take first for a job in nursing, a candians or a US citizen or YOU, think logically and you will get your answer

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

Moral standards in the world is down. Nigeria isn't any better. You can call Praise Fowowe and ask him.
SOME.
Me and my family are better off being here. We're capitalising on the opportunity Nigeria didn't offer us.
We, we're not losing it.
If you come here and get a survival job, do it and improve on your skills to get a better job.
Be optimistic.
You'll be fine.

Moral standards are high in Nigeria even in Africa, we are exceptional
i dont know Praise Fowowe and i am not a consultant

Now for those that wont travel abroad what is your advice for them, that they should continue trying until they get it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

many odds are against you, that is what you dont understand, you can go if you want, lets imagine you dont achieve your dream of going abroad after many years, what are you going to do?

it is easier for europeans and asians to achieve success in canada or america, they come with high tech skills, they build businesses and employ their own, we do not build anything but compete with locals for jobs. who do you think they will take first for a job in nursing, a candians or a US citizen or YOU, think logically and you will get your answer

Your argument back and forth on this thread you started just can't accept that no every Nigerian has been destined by God to achieve in greater heights by remaining in Nigeria.

When I earlier stated that most of your argument back and forth with this thread has been over thrown with your jealousy, envy, anger and frustration you ignored it and remained to be in denial.

Anyway, what are those so-called businesses that you assume Asians build that Africans have not also built to create jobs too abroad?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

SOME.
We, we're not losing it.
Be optimistic.
You'll be fine.

Sense
I dey feel you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Your argument back and forth on this thread you started just can't accept that no every Nigerian has been destined by God to achieve in greater heights by remaining in Nigeria.

When I earlier stated that most of your argument back and forth with this thread has been over thrown with your jealousy, envy, anger and frustration you ignored it and remained to be in denial.

Anyway, what are those so-called businesses that you assume Asians build that Africans have not also built to create jobs too abroad?

i dont have to argue with someone that invoke GOD because of travelling abroad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Now for those that wont travel abroad what is your advice for them, that they should continue trying until they get it?

Huh ...Now I have accepted that all these back and forth discussions with you has all been a joke.

Please do us all a favor here by listing those moral standards that Africa has...lol!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

i dont have to argue with someone that invoke GOD because of travelling abroad

Now I know you are not a serious person to have constructive arguments with.

Moving on.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

You don't know Praise Fowowe.
You're not a consultant.

I put it to you that moral standards in Africa are at an all-time low.
Your children that you people claim respect you, do they obey out of love for your feelings and safety for themselves or because they know that any small mistake will earn them a spine deforming slap?

Your country boys stealing panties and sleeping with their mother's corpses for money rituals were raised in North America?
The girls who cohabit with their boyfriends on campus but are virgins at home were brought up in Europe?
It's end time brother. Don't tight anything to your chest.
Nigeria doesn't even care about you.
My advise is for those who want to stay is to come and meet you this Christmas season.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

dont think nigerians in nigerians are stupid, they are more mentally stronger than you

Most of the things that work in Nigeria is because of other nigerians

All the Nigerians building startups in Nigeria are all from abroad, why did they not become successful there is because there are plenty of competition. if you want to be recognise, to build things come to nigeria with top notch skills, if you love your comfort zone and you are comfortable with being among those in the rat race, you can stay there. we are not begging you to come back but this country will be built whether you like it or not.

tiwa savage, jason, don jassey, dbanj,etc are all from abroad, they are recognised for their act, something they would not have achieved abroad.

even some british and american born Nigerians are now wanting to be part of our entertainment industry.
Why didn't Tiwa Savage give birth in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
See what a fellow Nigerian was able to achieve by getting out of that shithole nation called Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/4898653/david-imoh-umoette-flies-squadron
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

You don't know Praise Fowowe.
You're not a consultant.

I put it to you that moral standards in Africa are at an all-time low.
Your children that you people claim respect you, do they obey out of love for your feelings and safety for themselves or because they know that any small mistake will earn them a spine deforming slap?

Your country boys stealing panties and sleeping with their mother's corpses for money rituals were raised in North America?
The girls who cohabit with their boyfriends on campus but are virgins at home were brought up in Europe?
It's end time brother. Don't tight anything to your chest.
Nigeria doesn't even care about you.
My advise is for those who want to stay is to come and meet you this Christmas season.

interesting, i just laugh when i read what you wrote

it seems you know what happens in every nigerian home.

you are very funny, have you read about the amish community, you think all what you wrote dont happen in the developed world

all what you mention is not only a nigerian stuff, it seems you are not even expose in where you stay, rituals also occur in developed world

it has been reported many times in the news.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/un-warns-britain-over-child-voodoo-rituals-and-sex-tourists
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

Why didn't Tiwa Savage give birth in Nigeria

she would have given birth in the UK but Nigeria get her the opportunity

i hope you know she was audited in the voice UK but wasnt selected

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

interesting, i just laugh when i read what you wrote

it seems you know what happens in every nigerian home.

you are very funny, have you read about the amish community, you think all what you wrote dont happen in the developed world

all what you mention is not only a nigerian stuff, it seems you are not even expose in where you stay, rituals also occur in developed world

it has been reported many times in the news.

We've just said the same thing.
It happens every, every where.
Your Nigeria is not the saintly and moralistic place you're painting it to be.
Morals this, morals that, and people are buying WAEC results. Parents pay for admission slots not merited.

See, in an argument, sometimes the other party will agree with you. I've agreed with you twice now.
It's just that you're reading it with one kind of eye.
Peace and Unity, brother.
I enjoin you to keep all your family in your wealth in Nigeria and help as many people as possible make the society sane.
Maybe with luck, Fela Durotoye will win and Nigeria will become the most desirable country to live in by 2023.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

she would have given birth in the UK but Nigeria get her the opportunity

i hope you know she was audited in the voice UK but wasnt selected

Why didn't she give birth there ooooo?
Hian.
Why did she run back to abroad?
Can't her dear Jboy make it with his green passport?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:
See what a fellow Nigerian was able to achieve by getting out of that shithole nation called Nigeria.

Thanks.
May the blessings be.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

We've just said the same thing.
It happens every, every where.
Your Nigeria is not the saintly and moralistic place you're painting it to be.
Morals this, morals that, and people are buying WAEC results. Parents pay for admission slots not merited.

See, in an argument, sometimes the other party will agree with you. I've agreed with you twice now.
It's just that you're reading it with one kind of eye.
Peace and Unity, brother.
I enjoin you to keep all your family in your wealth in Nigeria and help as many people as possible make the society sane.
Maybe with luck, Fela Durotoye will win and Nigeria will become the most desirable country to live in by 2023.

i dont have to agree with you all the time and i still stand with my word, you cant only made it abroad, we need to look at home too.

i believe we still have high morals here, i have seen lot of low or no morals in the developed world, something, i would have experience here in Nigeria.

I know for sure, many whites do not take blacks as equal, it something i have seen many times.
cases of people who will call police on you for being in a so called white neighborhood
white patient who wont allow you to touch you
white people who wont do business with you because of skin colour
even clubing and shopping, some wont allow you inside because they think you can afford it
uniersities are brain washing minority students, telling them indirectly that they cant make it, that they are victims of the system
white neighbourhood, black neighbourhood etc
white people packing out when black families come to a area, they believe black people will devalue their property. the list go on and on

i dont believe in any presidential aspirant, all are the same. i dont listen to noise, and i do my thing

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

tell me how is this an achievement, someone that might not come back alive if posible, it seems you dont understand military life.

Anyway, just an easy path to green card.

do you know how many VETERANS are homeless in the US

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

Why didn't she give birth there ooooo?
Hian.
Why did she run back to abroad?
Can't her dear Jboy make it with his green passport?

Nigeria gave her the money and fame even her ex husband couldnt make it in America had to come back to Nigeria to follow his dreams

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

tell me how is this an achievement, someone that might not come back alive if posible, it seems you dont understand military life.

Anyway, just an easy path to green card.

do you know how many VETERANS are homeless in the US

Lol, but the boy was born in Texas so he is already a citzen. You have to be a green card holder or us citzen to join the army now.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

Lol, but the boy was born in Texas so he is already a citzen. You have to be a green card holder or us citzen to join the army now.

SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 is not america it is UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._331_Squadron_RAF
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

Yes, joining the any military to protect ones country is a very risky adventure however, in the US the family of those veterans will always get to enjoy all the benefits( which are un-countless) offered to any one that has served to protect the US.

Most of those veterans that are found homeless has been due to drug abuse and neglect caused by themselves.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 is not america it is UK
I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._331_Squadron_RAF

He is flying for the American Air Force, go re read the article.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Yes, joining the any military to protect ones country is a very risky adventure however, in the US the family of those veterans will always get to enjoy all the benefits( which are un-countless) offered to any one that has served to protect the US.

Most of those veterans that are found homeless has been due to drug abuse and neglect caused by themselves.

There are good benefits but there an array of issues that cause veterans to be homeless. Sometimes it’s not their fault.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

He is flying for the American Air Force, go re read the article.

yes i know but there is a confusion

is it 331st Training Squadron or SQUADRON FLIGHT 331

the US has no SQUADRON FLIGHT 331, No. 331 Squadron was a Second World War squadron of the Royal Air Force.

it is confusing, the blogger didnt do their research. everything can be research on the internet

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Onboard Menu: AirPeace Serves Jollof And Efo-Riro On Flight To London / Alfa Ekele, Nigerian Aviation Student Dies In Plane Crash At US Airport (Photo) / The White Man Graveyard In Bayelsa: Paul Arkwright To Visit Memorial Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.