Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (52087 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

grin
Boss, people that are passing it dont have 2 heads
I am not that dull
First off, it's not even about dullness. You won't pay that kind of money and not out in effort to study so you will pass.
Second, you're not paying 4m in one day. Savings, savings and more savings.

I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

Please read all he's said. I only asked him what works since he said everything in Nigeria works.
Morality?
I'll pass on morality. Orgies organised with thanks for coming, budding lgbt clubs, yahoo boys?

I am not attacking him. He's the one trying to make it look like living outside Nigeria doesn't make sense.

I've attached my own experience, let him come up with proof.

I'm sure you know what works cause you live here. The question is unnecessary

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

Well since there are encouraging you to come over and supposedly successful , they should provide with you with the funds for you to come over there.

I value my independence and i wont give it away cheaply

They did not ask me to support them when leaving
Why should i burden them with them supporting me?
Are they done supporting their families?

I will sort myself out

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

grin
Boss, people that are passing it dont have 2 heads
I am not that dull

I know two people who struggled with it tho cheesy

They were just getting 6.5 anyhow tongue

But almost every professional I know now is attempting IELTS

Nigeria is going to be in serious crisis of express entry continues for the next ten years

By then out good engineers; doctors, nurses, data scientist's, economists, technicians etc
would have mostly run away undecided

I feel had for Nigeria but every one has only one life to live.

Even Germany is trapping international students with 18 months permit after studies followed by permanent residence cheesy

Australia is also poaching our eggheads on the low (in Burna's voice grin)

And other countries (i hear SA dey poach join)

Nigeria ntoor tongue

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

First off, it's not even about dullness. You won't pay that kind of money and not out in effort to study so you will pass.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you for the encouragement

So much discouragement and negativity in the atmosphere

I just weak
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I think theboss is just trying to help people see the light, there's no need to attack him with questions. Let me sha help him. I've read on this forum about tax, our tax isn't as high as it is abroad, I also think morality is higher here, for guys it's a patriarchal country, for women not the same. We get away with many things down here like you still see pips living in houses where they owe 2 whooping years rent! eventually they will leave without paying, one can live off relatives here conveniently cheesy. You gat no house? u might get accommodation and free feeding. Too many stuff I can mention that we gat. I've got no problem with pips that want to travel for greener pastures because destiny differs but I think these guys are trying to help us think and plan.

That's how to make it. If people live in a house I built from my retirement money and don't pay for two years that's a good thing.
Living off relatives is good. Being a liability and feeding off the sweat of others is encouraged. Because that's how Nigeria will be great again.

https://www.facebook.com/100000164122922/posts/2465584956790284/

Please CRA has sent us mail on GST and all. Let me go and splurge.
You and your bosstrevor should make Nigeria work on. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
Mizwisdom:

I'm sure you know what works cause you live here. The question is unnecessary

Live where?

You're not talking about me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

I wish you all the best.

you are NOT paying the money o

It's just proof of funds /settlement funds

money you will use to sort yourself when you get to Canada

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

I know two people who struggled with it tho cheesy

They were just getting 6.5 anyhow tongue

But almost every professional I know now is attempting IELTS

Nigeria is going to be in serious crisis of express entry continues for the next ten years

By then out good engineers; doctors, nurses, data scientist's, economists, technicians etc
would have mostly run away undecided

I feel had for Nigeria but every one has only one life to live.

Even Germany is trapping international students with 18 months permit after studies followed by permanent residence cheesy

Australia is also poaching our eggheads on the low (in Burna's voice grin)

And other countries (i hear SA dey poach join)

Nigeria ntoor tongue

Lmao cheesy
You are hilarious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

That's how to make it. If people live in a house I built from my retirement money and don't pay for two years that's a good thing.
Living off relatives is good. Being a liability and feeding off the sweat of others is encouraged. Because that's how Nigeria will be great again.

Please CRA has sent us mail on GST and all. Let me go and splurge.
You and your bosstrevor should make Nigeria work on. tongue

this woman sef cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Why is that?

Giving people different avenues or personal experiences to emigrate to another country doesn't always have to be about money.

Quit being a pessimistic for once.

Please I’m not being pessimistic, Let him come now , am I stopping him?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

Lmao cheesy You are hilarious
na reality I dey tell you so cool
Then the country will be populated by idiots
Like idiots raised to power 3 cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

you are NOT paying the money o

It's just proof of funds /settlement funds

money you will use to sort yourself when you get to Canada

You don't have to have 4m coming in sir. Some people come with lesser, having spent out of it or returned the loans. For many people it's 4m on paper but true cash at hand no reach like that.
Don't discourage this man na.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

Lmao
Guy, go do stand up comedy
You are killing me
Lmao
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

You don't have to have 4m coming in sir. Some people come with lesser, having spent out of it or returned the loans. For many people it's 4m on paper but true cash at hand no reach like that.
Don't discourage this man na.

I'm not discouraging him tho.....

I'm just saying as it is

Beg, cheat, deceive, borrow, save, however, just make sure when it matters most, you can prove you have that amount cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

I give up.
Raised to power what?
Cubic idiots grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

I'm not discouraging him tho.....

I'm just saying as it is

Beg, cheat, deceive, borrow, save, however, just make sure when it matters most, you can prove you have that amount cheesy

True. I get it now.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

I value my independence and i wont give it away cheaply

They did not ask me to support them when leaving
Why should i burden them with them supporting me?
Are they done supporting their families?

I will sort myself out

When you get there , you will need support, trust me . 4 million Naira is small self especially if you don’t have any family or friends to stay with. Since you won’t have credit history or rental history, a landlord would require months of rent in advance .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Why is that?

Giving people different avenues or personal experiences to emigrate to another country doesn't always have to be about money.

Quit being a pessimistic for once.

Thank you

I have plans to study in humber college canada as a permanent resident
True, Its not always about money
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Ugosample(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

I give up. Raised to power what? Cubic idiots grin

Cubic idiots cheesy grin

Hahahahahaha cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ugosample:

Cubic idiots cheesy grin

Hahahahahaha cheesy

Lol, you don turn this thread to night of a thousand laughs o
cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

Please i want to ask you a few simple questions

Is your power supply erratic?
As i speak to you the power supply has gone off and on 3 times today
Do you experience that?

Are your roads untarred?
As i speak to you, the section from the main road to my apartment is untarred, its a 10 minnute walk to the main road

Did you sink a borehole in the US?
As i speak to you, my water supply is from a borehole in the compound, everybody has a borehole, and i am.talking about over 1000 houses in my estate alone
Is that the way it is in the US?

If your answers to these 3 questions are no
Which reality are you painting?

You sound very naive , anyways you will soon learn. Thankfully you have plans to go to Canada and not the us , Canadians are nicer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Beautyaddy: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

Thank you

I have plans to study in humber college canada as a permanent resident
True, Its not always about money

Great!

Canada needs people.

Their population is very low compared to the size of the country.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

if things doesnt work how come people are still here making cash. THings are definately not perfect but things are working.

Which people are making cash?
You cant be referring to FIRS employees who take their unofficial cut before remitting money to TSA

You cant be referring to immigration officials collecting bribe to allow smugglers through

You cant be referring to NNPC employees who take thei unofficial cut before remitting money to TSA

You cant be referring to senators who collect money for constituency project,sink a borehole and pocket the rest

You cant be referring to police officers extorting N50 and N100 from motorists

Please which things are working?
E.g

Is it business at the ports that you have to pay unofficial rates to clear your goods?

Is it health insurance providers not remitting money to hospitals?

Is it security? Jonathan withdrew $1bn to fight boko haram, boko haram is still there
Buhari withdrew another $1bn to fight boko haram, they still killed 100 of our soldiers last month

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Great!

Canada needs people.

Their population is very low compared to the size of the country.

Even with Canada’s lenineint immigration , how come their country never full reach? How come are people are killing themselves to come the US especially Hispanics when they could go to Canada who has more relaxed immigration policy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
softandmoist:

It's a wonder you still have the 'chest' to reply.

Mention, you can't.
Okay. Here's another one.

Give me a blueprint of how you will stay and make Nigeria work. You have to explain, on an average income, how you and your family will make it. If you don't, quietly leave this thread.
You've embarrassed yourself enough.

you are the one embarrasing urself. I have been in this country for 7years. I didnt give excuses. I adapted and didnt let entitlement mentality in my life just because i studied abroad.

Nigeria maybe hell for but it surely is working for me.all the guys who brought ideas back to nigeria are doing great. We had to start fresh again and cut expenses and build smartly.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
In nigeria, i was recognised for my effort without having to prove much.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you are the one embarrasing urself. I have been in this country for 7years. I didnt give excuses. I adapted and didnt let entitlement mentality in my life just because i studied abroad.

Nigeria maybe hell for but it surely is working for me.all the guys who brought ideas back to nigeria are doing great. We had to start fresh again and cut expenses and build smartly.

You have stayed in nigeria for 7 years after studying abroad

I have stayed in nigeria all my life, over 20 years and never went abroad

But you are the one supporting remaining in nigeria while i support leaving

What really is the source of your support for remaining?
You were not given the opportunity to remain after studying?
You cant stay after study in the UK, they will kick you out

The irony
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sats: 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
Babyvet:

Even with Canada’s lenineint immigration , how come their country never full reach? How come are people are killing themselves to come the US especially Hispanics when they could go to Canada who has more relaxed immigration policy.

You are smarter than this

The $12000 CAD proof of funds
is why and you know

That serves a hurdle, if you cant show you have that money, you have no business going there
At least for permanent residence

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Babyvet: 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
sats:

You are smarter than this

The $12000 CAD proof of funds
is why and you know

That serves a hurdle, if you cant show you have that money, you have no business going there
At least for permanent residence

Please don’t get smart with me , the skilled workers program is not the only program. plus don’t be fooled these Mexicans pay thousands of dollars to smuggler to get them into the US.I think it has to do with US economy and job. opportunities are much more abundant. The us also does not have that stupid canadian experience requirement crap.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

So you didn't mention anything?
Haba.
How's being in another country an embarrassment?
How's it a bad thing to not want to die if I can help it?

You are not the type who would be on the school's debate team.
Bring point, you're throwing tantrums.
Make a list, you're saying somebody is doing great.
Did I ask you to tell a story?

Just shift abeg.
I'm not the one that asked you to pay tax and not see what it's been used for. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by softandmoist(f): 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
thebosstrevor:

Asking for good healthcare is entitlement mentality? I'd like to see the face behind this moniker and compare it with one I know of people making it.

All your study abroad was a huge waste sir.
You've not shown us how we can make it if we return. How do we know we won't die in Oshodi by falling materials off the trucks?
Can you guarantee my son that he'll graduate in record time?
Talk true, were you allowed to stay after your student visa expired?
Why did you return? Swear by ayelala grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

The White Man Graveyard In Bayelsa: Paul Arkwright To Visit Memorial Park / Dr. Patience Tsavnande Dies In Accident In Benue [photo] / COVID-19: Multiple Auto Crash As Residents Rush To Beat Curfew In Edo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.