Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,308 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity (36639 Views)

NBA Conference: Nigerians lack heroes - Chimamanda Adichie (Video) / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / ARDI Petitioned The CCB About Onnoghen Not FG - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by babytoun: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2018
What I understand from this is any campaign promise from Buhari and his supporters about better power supply after 2019 will be a BIG LIE
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by VolvoS60(m): 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

1. You want him to tell you why there is no power? Are you a foreigner and you've been living under the rock somewhere in Afghanistan so you have zero clue how for decades since independence past governments failed to do anything about electricity and how 16 years of PDP and stolen $16 billion gave us darkness till today?

2. By contract and constitutional provisions enacted by OBJ, Jonathan and the PDP, power generation and distribution is completely Private, it means it is not in the hands of the FG.

So, what part of privatization do you not understand.

3. When the PDP gave Nigeria's power assets to their corrupt cronies with no power generation and management experience and no money to build power plants and distribution network, did you people complain?

I remember what you people were shooting, you were shouting GEJ till 2019, you basically care less about power and the damage they did with privatization..

4. The DISCOs today as part of their obligation should be expanding their operations from building power plants, building distribution networks, investing in solar power generation and other alternatives.

.....but they can not do anything because they don't have money to invest and the banks won't lend them money because banks don't trust them.

5. The DISCOs right now are useless and the FG should terminate the whole privatization deal, but sadly they can not because they don't want to scare off investors or create any impression that the FG doesn't respect agreements. I still think they should terminate and let the chips fall wherever.

Sadly, the FG sometimes is not the problem, it is the average ignorant Nigerians with zero knowledge per how their country functions.

If you after not satisfied with the power situation, face your local Disco, hold them accountable.

You don't send your power bill payments to the FG or Fashola, you pay the DISCOs, meaning they are responsible for your power needs.

Nigerian youths want to rule Nigeria, but many of them are too clueless and ignorant, even the basics they don't know.

Fashola just helped and lectured you so take the education and say thanks.

^^^
Predictable response from an online pen/gun for hire.

Sir, your history lessons about the previous administration bore me to death. They add absolutely nothing to the conversation so from now on, don't bother to include them. Your epistle about the trials and tribulations of DISCOs also holds no interest for me. There is nothing new you have said.

Perhaps without meaning to, you shot yourself in the foot with your comments up there. By your own admission, the federal government is unsure of what to do - hence your unsolicited advice about terminating the so-called privatization and letting the chips fall where they may. Sir, if your principals don't know what to do, they should make way for those who do. Its really that simple.

In closing, you couldn't resist more ugly jibes at long suffering Nigerians - with your contemptuous remarks about their 'ignorance' and 'cluelessness'. undecided Again, there is nothing new here - you are only acting true to type - as your online posting history shows. A state governor (with all the powers at his disposal) expressed his frustration with a DISCO (BEDC) on live TV four weeks ago and you have the nerve to talk about how ordinary Nigerians are not holding DISCOs accountable? undecided What has the NERC (and by extension the government which appoints its officials) done about the countless complaints brought before it?

The previous administration also had online pens/guns for hire. Just like you, those hack writers arrogantly basked in the incompetence of their principals. Where are they today? undecided The only question that is yet to be answered is whether next year, Nigerians will punish you and your principals - just like they punished the previous administration and its numerous hagiographers in 2015.

Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Pecca: 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

These are statutory agencies under Fashola's ministry.

Get some education before embarrassing yourself on the internet.

Don't get yourself in a twist. Go back and read through my write up again. You have a lot to learn from it only if you truly can read and comprehend. Yeye.
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by deomelo: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
Pecca:

Don't get yourself in a twist. Go back and read through my write up again. You have a lot to learn from it only if you truly can read and comprehend. Yeye.

If you really are smart, intelligent and mentally competent, why not just dispute my assertions with facts?

Now, is NERC under Fashola's ministry? Yes or No?
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Pecca: 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

If you really are smart, intelligent and mentally competent, why not just dispute my assertions with facts?

Now, is NERC under Fashola's ministry? Yes or No?
what you have failed to understand is the reason behind my position. but how do I expect a BMC to think. most of you are ethnocentric, religious bigots!
well let me help you...just a bit!
fashola denied his responsibilities - responsibilities he acquired the day he became minister of power- and passed the buck to businessmen who are part of a tripartite arrangement which the govt is a partner and is represented by fashola at the table whenever the need arises. but he denied being a stakeholder just so he could shirk his responsibilities! yet he draws wages due to his position as minister of power!!
my position? why do we need to have a minister of power if the current minister of power, paid by public funds, can publicly declare that he owes the citizenry nothing; that he has no business with power in Nigeria, yet he sits at the helm of this industry. Why not scrap the ministry while retaining the most relevant agencies that interface betwn the end users and the suppliers of power. the NERC comes to mind....
I am not given to this kind of crummy dialogue but you are super intelligent, smart too: figure it out for yourself, Mr whizkid!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by DavIkenna(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2018
deomelo:

You mean the FG should name your local DISCOs for you,?

In fact, who do you send your electricity payment to?

Do you send your payment to Fashola, your Disco or the FG?

Nigerian youth, use your brain and stop embarrassing Nigeria.

Mehn been long I saw nepa bill.

My point is, for telecoms we know mtn, glo, etc. For electricity.....
Re: Fashola: It Is Not FG’s Problem If Nigerians Lack Electricity by Prodigytal: 7:07am On Jan 27, 2019
MosJ:
I can't believe these sentences are coming from Fashola shocked

HI, you sent me a mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senior Boko Haram Commander Killed By Security Operatives In Borno. Graphic Pics / Wike Reacts To Masked DSS At NASS: "All Over The World This Has Never Happened" / "Coward, I Appointed You" - Uwazuruike Blasts Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.