Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Life Savings Of 250k - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life Savings Of 250k (43985 Views)

Get Me A Job And Take My Entire Live Savings Of 100,000 / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / 250K For Househelp Job In Banana Island, Only Graduates Needed. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by izzyvol(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
get accommodation first and u can either start a football viewing center at a new location or start poultry farming.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by adontcare(f): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2018
litaninja:
He should take 10% of the money and give to a pastor to whack....thats your first piece of advice. Wawu.

lol
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Olalekank(m): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by pocohantas(f): 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
Oyindidi:
Poco, you dey vex grin

I am very angry. People are even telling him to buy keke and sell drinks.

He saved 250k in 2yrs? Na some people 1mth salary be that and e no reach some people own. Graduate? Nigeria has killed us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by TheManOfTheYear: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
Agriculture is your best bet.
A poultry business costs nothing except buying feeds for your layers.
Then you start breeding them and selling eggs too. This is one way to becoming a silent millionaire

3 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2018
OfficialDad:

Don't leave Ilorin...a lot of opportunity is in ilorin

Best advise ever.

To the op: don't make the mistake of leaving Ilorin. You can't survive the high cost of living in places like Lagos or even Ibadan et al.

There are businesses that thrive in a place like Ilorin you can do. See the link below:

https://infoguidenigeria.com/profitable-businesses-tanke/

As someone suggested, you can look into becoming a betting agent for one of the betting majors ( though I don't encourage the business myself) but it seems to be profitable if well managed.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by kareemkamil(m): 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
How did the that such amount in NYSC, the guy no dey chop
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by adonainana: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Bro my advice to you is to either learn a trade or hope for a better job with regards to your teaching profession.

Pretend that you dont have that 250k in your account as we speak. This mentality would help you in starting from scratch thus saving more and building more capital on the existing one.

I admire your courage and perseverance bro, i even envy how determined you must have been to save 250k on a 20k salary.

Well done bro, i dont know you but i commend you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Oyindidi(f): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
pocohantas:

I am very angry. People are even telling him to buy keke and sell drinks.

He saved 250k in 2yrs? Na some people 1mth salary be that and e no reach some people own. Graduate? Nigeria has killed us.
Na so, this country is not youth friendly. The old man come worsen the matter
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
Jjjj
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Adiwana: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
[quote author=Asquare84 post=74141201]

Will 250 k be enough for a betting shop let share idea[/quote

He can collaborate with a friend that is ready for such business and then run it as the manager
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by spiritedtete: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:
I finished my NYSC in 2016 at the age of 27yrs and since then I have been teaching in a primary school here in Ilorin with a salary of 20k hoping that one day I will see a befitting job, it's over 2yrs now without a job. I can't continue with this teaching again because it has been hell right from day one and I'm not getting any younger cos I'm 29yrs.

The problem right now is that the guy I have been squating with wants me to leave his house because he will be getting married soon . Within this 2yrs I have been teaching, I was able to save up to 250k because I engaged myself in some extra lesson after closing, sometines I starve myself to have savings and also because I dont pay rent.

Now I'm confused about what to do, whether I should use the money for accommodation , or use the money to start a physical business (buying and selling) or use the money to acquire ICT skills ( if there will be job after the skill acquisition) or maybe I should just go for my masters.

Pls nairalanders your humble brother really needs solid advice on how to go about this.

I am very impressed with your story sir... What do you have in mind too do with the money... Before now... And how much were you targeting as savings.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Hasheem1hash(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
Bro, don't follow that Lagos guy and buy keke. my reason are; First of all, TVS and bajaj brand of keke is sold above six hundred thousands naira every where in this country. No one will sell 7month used keke at the rate of three hundred thousands naira. Second of all, Cost of repairing keke is more higher that most car. yes, I said most car, talking from experience. you dont have the experience to differentiate between too old and not not too old keke, if eventually u fall! God forbid!/u can't repair it.

7 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by evy800(f): 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
[quote author=sammylee002 post=74127935]Bros dis is an opportunity to start ur own business ..... Look for 50k and add to d 250k and I will sell to u my 7month old Keke... If u are serous, u can be making 8k to 10k a day .. [/quote

8k to 10k...U be heavy Sherlock ]

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BillGoldberg: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
umarshehu58:

Wicked. I enjoyed reading this piece until i reached the laptop side. My mind spoil

I said its the final option. And thats a last resort. You can also see where I said its from Satan??

2 Likes

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
Hhhh
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2018
Jjj
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by wtracy15: 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Go and learn yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by evy800(f): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
Please do not pay any stuppid tithe neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have some options now. Two of the answers are already here.

First and foremost, why not open a lesson centre from the money you have already? You can even teach adults as per adult education. You can also teach a large number of your school pupils as per afternoon lessons.

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha or Ibadan and open a Salon! With a Salon, you have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Find a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! With the said amount above, You can buy clothes that will fill 7-8 Onions bags. You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell". It pays a lot.

Fifth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro.

But never ever go for masters! Its useless. There is little or no white collar job in Nigeria now. The few available ones either pay peanuts or the high paying ones need connection to get! Don't learn any useless computer skills! You may remain hungry Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!

I like d realistic approach and funny 2
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Daejoyoung: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
lf you can acquire lT skills, it would be worthwhile, also certifications related to your field.
But for now you must sort out the accommodation ish, and l believe that's a major headache for you right now. You said nothing about your parents or relations, but if you must rent a flat( no matter how cheap) then you must have a constant source of income( at least).
Forget about masters, and practice worthwhile skills, or go into business( which would not be easy, but which l prefer to Masters, except Masters outside Naija).
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:

I said its the final option. And thats a last resort. You can also see where I said its from Satan??

And you also said if Satan blesses him for the yahoo business grin

Guy abeg no carry this madness enter 2019 grin

You just made my day. Hailing you bro cool
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
LoySupremo:

you are very stingy n selfish

Wetin I do again?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Kylekent59: 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
Find a busy street, get a shop, invest in foods.

Like,garri,rice, beans,raw groundnut. It has good profit in it.

Learn how to fry pufpuf, bouns,donought. Go to a public school and pay for a stand. Students will buy.

Sometimes, that shameful work has the highest profit.

Or you go into selling of films,cd plates, season films.

I know of a guy who started business with his last 2k and he is dam rich now.

Don't do yahoo +, it has implications. One day the person will die while asleep.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by peteruuu(m): 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
jinka:

Pls I need you to tell me more about the okirika clothes business. I stay in Ilorin and I think k I might be able to sell it easily.

Uncle, where do you stay in Ilorin?
I can partner with you on this...or put you through it too.
I'm in Ilorin too. I stay around the 'town'.
Do you care we meet?
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Trouble1: 10:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
You wan use 250k run masters? Wow! You must be a magician.
Did he tell you he wants to run the masters abroad or in a private university?
Ogogoro freak indeed

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Haryoureendey4(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Go and learn Fashion Designer bro.... within 3-6months u are already a professional, buy Sewing machine and advertise your self as a graduate to great clients, out of the money rent a house....u can be working from your home, start small and earn big in future.

1 Like

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by chrischukszy01(m): 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
Use the money to play bet9ja sure 4odds n come thank me later.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by Didi2d(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
BillGoldberg:
First and foremost, do not contact anybody from this site or drop your email or phone number. Most Nigerians are hungry animals and will rip you off that 250k you saved already! You have been warned. Simply go through advices and pick the ones that best suit your life.

As an aside, Please do not pay any stuppid tithe neither should you buy any stuppid Keke. Keke Business is almost saturated and you will be harassed on a daily by touts and passengers!

You have some options now. Two of the answers are already here.

First and foremost, why not open a lesson centre from the money you have already? You can even teach adults as per adult education. You can also teach a large number of your school pupils as per afternoon lessons.

Go and learn barbing in your area ASAP! Relocate to a low cost city like Onitsha or Ibadan and open a Salon! With a Salon, you have solved two problems. Housing and Salary because you will also be sleeping there. That means that rent is off the case. Wake up early morning and baff somewhere. Find a way to shitt and also feed. It mustn't be Onitsha. Lagos is ok too. But why I didn't mention it is because unless you have someone or a relative in Lagos... You may suffer accommodation issues!
I swear.

Another great option is to learn driving ASAP! Find someone to teach you expert driving because the cities you will be driving in requires such. Also start processin drivers licence immediately if you dont have one! When you are done learning, come to Naira land here and request for a car. Pray to God to find a good partner who may also give you temporary accomodation in Lagos! Sign up on Uber and Taxify and start driving! You will be seeing your daily feeding money at least! Thats it.

The third option is for you to start clothes business with some money you saved. Mind you, don't invest all. Come to Onitsha with like 80-100k. Buy cheap okirika clothes and start selling in schools around you! With the said amount above, You can buy clothes that will fill 7-8 Onions bags. You can also buy cheap party china wears. From your description, you seem to stay in an area not too developed. So I guess, they wont know the difference. Carry your clothes around and sell in schools, universities and colleges of educations. Also go around school hostels shouting "Things For Sell". It pays a lot.

Fifth and Final option is use some part of the money and buy a laptop if you don't have one already. Start Yahoo Yahoo! It maybe long before you pick but if Satan is on your side, a good maga will change your story forever. I don't want to say God because God does not like evil! Am just being realistic bro.

But never ever go for masters! Its useless. There is little or no white collar job in Nigeria now. The few available ones either pay peanuts or the high paying ones need connection to get! Don't learn any useless computer skills! You may remain hungry Don't become a Keke driver! You will suffer! Think big and become big!

This guy funny aswear, but you made sense
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by BillGoldberg: 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
ikhileomotayo:

And you also said if Satan blesses him for the yahoo business grin

Guy abeg no carry this madness enter 2019 grin

You just made my day. Hailing you bro cool

Only Satan can bless one through yahoo yahoo. Its not an honest work and I don't think any good God will ever support it. Peace bro.
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by gideonvalor98(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
I support this idea too. Do they use keke prominently in Ilorin? If yes, start the business there and from there, you save up(daily savings e.g with thrift collectors) to acquired some technological skills which will enhance your employability. If it not prominently used there, I will advise you to move down to southwest e.g Ibadan(keke transport business is good there). Standard of living is OK ; food,accommodation, security etc is OK there. Best wishes
PS: Ensure the keke is in good working condition
sammylee002:
Bros dis is an opportunity to start ur own business ..... Look for 50k and add to d 250k and I will sell to u my 7month old Keke... If u are serous, u can be making 8k to 10k a day ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Savings Of 250k by OmoDavido(m): 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
Olalekank:
Do you have a laptop?

Are you interested in mobile development?
I can put you through if you're interested

Boss I have a laptop and I am interested in the mobile development training
Re: Life Savings Of 250k by joyousever(f): 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2018
Subtle but nice idea.
Naughtysite:
You will lose your money if you do anything you stated Go open a barbing salon Sleep inside ur shop at night until you have enough money to rent a House You earn Cash from Day One

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

N-Power Test: What's Your Score? / glo Customer Care / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.