Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary (41816 Views)

Mixed Race Girl Thinks She Is A Black Victim, She Is So Rude. / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / How Would You Know If A Girl Thinks You Are Boring?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Saffi:
If you can’t afford it, don’t kill your self. If you can, great. Nothing wrong with spending on your babe, if you have interest in her, just don’t make yourself unhappy or slave-like to please her. But if you’re looking for a long term commitment, you can’t run away from spending and that’s just the truth. Don’t let these niggaz deceive you smiley

They are really just deceiving him, when in actual fact they do otherwise in their own relationship.
The girl in the OP's story is quite annoying...her matter-of-factly entitlement.

The truth is that the things that happen in a relationship are all unwritten codes, but we operate by them. Y'all are deceiving yourselves if you feel you can be in a relationship and not spend money... It's nothing about a woman being lazy, far from it, because even working class ladies and business women have expectations of their man, too. It's one of the ways women feel cared for. We've from time immemorial come to see men as primary providers. While women, on the other hand, are primary caregivers. But it doesn't mean that a woman doesn't assist, too. As a matter of fact, a woman usually goes the extra mile for a man she loves and who in return makes her feel loved. Trust me on this one.

All of these guys whining, they are either broke or badly bruised... not anybody's business, neither does it change the fact.

What I do have an issue with is a woman who won't do anything for herself... and would in fact, be in a pathetic state without a man giving her money.

I work and I earn, and can sort out my basic needs and a bit of indulgences for myself, but no, I won't be with a man who's tight-fisted, a man who doesn't understand that he should be supportive and occasionally do random stuff for his woman whether or not such was requested.

I mean, that would stifle my natural inclinations of goodwill. I'd feel stupid if I cooked such a man a sumptuous dish as a treat with my money...I'd feel silly if I saw that nice shirt and got it for him because I felt it would look great on him. I'd feel overzealous if I arranged a surprise for his birthday. Nahh...can't be with a man like that.

What I won't do however, is tell a man I expect a portion of his salary. Lol. It's actually laughable... Neither would I ourightly be slamming him with bills. I'm a lil too proud to do that.

For y'all vile men all over Nairaland, slamming ladies and selling out wack ideologies, I hope you find a solution to your problems pretty soon.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

They are really just deceiving him, when in actual fact they do otherwise in their own relationship.
The girl in the OP's story is quite annoying...her matter-of-factly entitlement.

The truth is that the things that happen in a relationship are all unwritten codes, but we operate by them. Y'all are deceiving yourselves if you feel you can be in a relationship and not spend money.

You made a late contribution but a very sensible one. The saffi lady who posted earlier made a good comment too.

No relationship exist without money, if you want to keep your money. Berra be single, its not by force.

Infact there is an unforseen advantage in giving your GF a particular stipend from your income. For those who are not calculative, you'll end up spending more money not accounted for.

If its 5k or 10k or above you want to be giving her monthly in your mind, just separate it & don't let her know. Once she exhausted it on Data/Airtime/Ice cream/Uber/Movies etc. You tell her, babes no money oh. I'm broke Things are hard in this Buhari era cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by jorion(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

The truth is that the things that happen in a relationship are all unwritten codes, but we operate by them. Y'all are deceiving yourselves if you feel you can be in a relationship and not spend money... It's nothing about a woman being lazy, far from it, because even working class ladies and business women have expectations of their man, too. It's one of the ways women feel cared for. We've from time immemorial come to see men as primary providers. While women, on the other hand, are primary caregivers. But it doesn't mean that a woman doesn't assist, too. As a matter of fact, a woman usually goes the extra mile for a man she loves and who in return makes her feel loved. Trust me on this one.

All of these guys whining, they are either broke or badly bruised... not anybody's business, neither does it change the fact.

What I do have an issue with is a woman who won't do anything for herself... and would in fact, be in a pathetic state without a man giving her money.

I work and I earn, and can sort out my basic needs and a bit of indulgences for myself, but no, I won't be with a man who's tight-fisted, a man who doesn't understand that he should be supportive and occasionally do random stuff for his woman whether or not such was requested.

I mean, that would stifle my natural inclinations of goodwill. I'd feel stupid if I cooked such a man a sumptuous dish as a treat with my money...I'd feel silly if I saw that nice shirt and got it for him because I felt it would look great on him. I'd feel overzealous if I arranged a surprise for his birthday. Nahh...can't be with a man like that.

What I won't do however, is tell a man I expect a portion of his salary. Lol. It's actually laughable... Neither would I ourightly be slamming him with bills. I'm a lil too proud to do that.

For y'all vile men all over Nairaland, slamming ladies and selling out wack ideologies, I hope you find a solution to your problems pretty soon.

Madam, nobody is saying don't spend, but try to return the favor. Yes, a man would spend more because he usually earns more. But that doesn't mean that the woman shouldn't be able to spoil her man once a while or that all of the liabilities becomes the property of the man.

This same bullshit happened to me last week. Told a girl I usually help to get me something for Xmas, no matter how small (at least for friendship sake), babe started tossing me. After I gave her the insult of her life, I told her point blank that as I can't benefit 1 naira from her, she will never get a single kobo from me. Infact, I swore it. And she knows that I meant it.

If Every man is like me, these ladies will be kept on their toes. Lazy ungrateful daughters of eve

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Resener12(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
sexybaby22:

The men don't realise that its not called spending when you are with someone you are committed to, its called 'investing' in her.
Investing in someone you’re not married to?

Visit and study in Canada

Check my signature

Secure your future
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
truthsayer009:

You made a late contribution but a very sensible one. The saffi lady who posted earlier made a good comment too.

No relationship exist without money, if you want to keep your money. Berra be single, its not by force.

Infact there is an unforseen advantage in giving your GF a particular stipend from your income. For those who are not calculative, you'll end up spending more money not accounted for.

If its 5k or 10k or above you want to be giving her monthly in your mind, just separate it & don't let her know. Once she exhausted it on Data/Airtime/Ice cream/Uber/Movies etc. You tell her, babes no money oh. I'm broke Things are hard in this Buhari era cheesy

Lol. There's wisdom in that. She'd most likely spend it on uber or taxify coming to visit you in the house. cheesy cheesy cheesy But she won't have the conscience to begrudge you because you gave...and she spent! grin grin
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=Resener12 post=74293457]
Investing in someone you’re not married to?

[b]
its a risk just like all investments. And its a committed relationship as i said. That's why you should make sure the person is worth it. Be in a relationship for the right reasons. There is nothing bad in making the person a better version of herself even if you don't end up together.[b][/b]
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Resener12(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=sexybaby22 post=74294238][/quote]
Thats nonsense and it’s not worth it
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by benratigan3(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
boiz2men:
Lol.

All the girls in my life think I'm stingy.

I fvcking don't care.

They gossip me and say "which kind person b dis"?

I still don't care.

Only a few understand I'm not.

I have never said no to my family members and real friends (male and female alike)

Footnote: no one is stingy.. You just don't worth it.

All because you have a puxxy.. So what?

In fact, it's easier to give a guy money than a babe.

In case u wondering, I think I'm single grin lol
my brother it's easier and better to give a babe money than a guy cos dats the last stop. guy go still spend on woman making you give to two
my 2cent

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by lereinter(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
94k wristwatch 4 make believe gf!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by jeff1607(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:
I recently showed interest in a neighbour of mine, I know she likes me, but she is a very traditional person, she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further. But something started giving me a reason to worry about here mindset towards relationships.

She celebrated her birthday last month, and I got her a very expensive wrist watch, it cost me 94k, she doesn't know this. I also got her a really nice cake, cost me 10k, so in all I spent over a hundred thousand on her birthday. I know for some this may not seem like much or may seem like too much, I think what really matters is tat I was fine with it and could afford it. Within the same period, she would indirectly ask me for funds, she said she was broke, I could have helped her with this but I felt it was way above my position, as I am only a "To Be Boyfriend", to offer her all this after spending a 100k on gifts for her birthday.

A week ago we had a very interesting discussion, about the role of the man and the woman in a relationship, she said that "A man should be responsible for the upkeep of his Girlfriend, he should save a portion from his salary monthly which he should give to his girlfriend for upkeep". I thought that was nonsense and I quickly called her out on it, all I can say now is that I don't think we would be dating anymore, because she took it very personally, she said she thinks she would suffer if she goes into a relationship with me, because I am already showing signs of being stingy.

If I keep writing I would not end, so my question here is, is she right? Should I have instead given her the cash rather than the gift? Because to me it now seems she doesn't see the value of the gift and would rather have cash. I want adult opinions please.

(Please note that I am not trying to paint this lady as an evil person, she is really sweet, loving, caring, she loves getting attention and doesn't have any problem in showing me how she really feels about me, overall she is a great lady.)

a great lady doesn't make demands she builds and support.

imagine this scenario; a demanding girlfriend vs a supporting gf when given an expensive or necessary gift that she knows that you also need badly ,you should imagine the show of reaction.
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by michoim(m): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
Better run for your dear life. She is out to milk you dry...

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Yeyeboy88(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Bros abeg help me with 5K make i use buy drugs i dey really sick 0029966746 Diamond bank
limbolimbo:

smiley, I am sorry we make you feel this way. What can I say, I guess love is truly blind.
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ubdavis(m): 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:
I recently showed interest in a neighbour of mine, I know she likes me, but she is a very traditional person, she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further. But something started giving me a reason to worry about here mindset towards relationships.

She celebrated her birthday last month, and I got her a very expensive wrist watch, it cost me 94k, she doesn't know this. I also got her a really nice cake, cost me 10k, so in all I spent over a hundred thousand on her birthday. I know for some this may not seem like much or may seem like too much, I think what really matters is tat I was fine with it and could afford it. Within the same period, she would indirectly ask me for funds, she said she was broke, I could have helped her with this but I felt it was way above my position, as I am only a "To Be Boyfriend", to offer her all this after spending a 100k on gifts for her birthday.

A week ago we had a very interesting discussion, about the role of the man and the woman in a relationship, she said that "A man should be responsible for the upkeep of his Girlfriend, he should save a portion from his salary monthly which he should give to his girlfriend for upkeep". I thought that was nonsense and I quickly called her out on it, all I can say now is that I don't think we would be dating anymore, because she took it very personally, she said she thinks she would suffer if she goes into a relationship with me, because I am already showing signs of being stingy.

If I keep writing I would not end, so my question here is, is she right? Should I have instead given her the cash rather than the gift? Because to me it now seems she doesn't see the value of the gift and would rather have cash. I want adult opinions please.

(Please note that I am not trying to paint this lady as an evil person, she is really sweet, loving, caring, she loves getting attention and doesn't have any problem in showing me how she really feels about me, overall she is a great lady.)

Did she work for u!
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Princedapace(m): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
uyiekpenn:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not your duty as a man to be financially responsible for any girl's upkeep. Nigerian men created this stupid feeling of entitlement and virus that's quite common amongst 90% of Nigerian females. The only woman I give monthly stipends and money in general is my mom and none other. I don't work under the biting winters or hot summers each day to be feeding one broke ass, lazy, hopeless, useless, greedy, senseless and unproductive female when she's not handicapped or an orphan.

U are right, most naija men caused this.. Most naija men have low self esteem. They feel moneh is the easiest way to get and keep a woman..

U will still hear them say go and make money and get any woman of ur choice.. Now the thing is getting out of hand.. Ladies can't afford their basic needs and they wnt u to afford it for them..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by WaffenSS(m): 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
I earn close to a million a month, the most I spend on my gf is like 10k. It's not about the money.

Any girl who demands that you sustain her life is a good candidate for the 5 F Rule:

Find her, Friend her, Fool her, Fukk her, Forget her.

Love has no price.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by enemyofprogress: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
Oloshos are far far better than most of these babes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ximenez(m): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
It's ok to give your gf money and pamper her, though that's no guarantee for her loyalty. But the point where she gave that remark that she thinks she's going to suffer by going into a relationship with you. Is she handicapped, crippled and completely useless in life?

Is she an orphan with no relatives at all?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by BiGVEEN58(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
Is she doing ‘Npower Relationship’ or ‘Npower Teach’?

Guy use ur head oh
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by InSanety: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:

tell her to get a job and stop feeling entitled to other people's money

I can only imagine where you guys see such scallywags that you call potential girlfriends.

Meanwhile, collect your wrist-watch from her as well. Can't be dashing your stuff to broke people when you're not a charity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by samsam2019: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lol ask yourself if the love she has for you will still be there if you're broke

Have sense. Get a girl who has a job and her own money. That's what smart guys like us do.

At the end of the day girls are the ones rushing guys, not the other way round

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ubdavis(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
Any girl who puts unnecessary financial burden on a guy is lazy, shameless, uncultured and creates room for conjecture. I don't have business with Ladies that are unnecessary demanding. Can't keep them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by bokmal(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
uyiekpenn:
I once walked a girl out of my car in the middle of the road while I was in Nigeria last year over some stupid comment that she made. She said no man should go into a relationship if you don't have money and guess how I replied her? No girl should go into a relationship if she's broke and has nothing to offer besides pussyy. Majority of these girls are hopeless.

Guy. You must have a very big car to “walk” someone out of it shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ubdavis(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
Any girl who puts unnecessary financial burden on a guy is lazy, shameless, uncultured and creates room for conjecture. I don't have business with Ladies that are unnecessary demanding. Can't keep them
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
sirfarouk:
If she knew how much you spent on her birthday, she wouldn't have the guts to say what she said about monthly salary.

If you have the intentions to marry her then you have an issue at hand. If not, part ways and ask her to find out how much the wristwatch cost (or better still give her the receipt as a parting gift without saying a thing to her) so that she knows that money is not your problem.

You sef, you are mad for spending over 100k on someone you don't have patience for. In fact both of you are mad.
lolzz madness gang
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by godwon01(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
U supposed to give her physical cash. If U had done that she would have been worshipping U like demon God. A lot of them are so poor indeed. If U see where some of them reside U will be shocked. They are fine for nothing. They will collect money from numerous guys but nothing to show for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by tribalmall: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Saffi:
If you can’t afford it, don’t kill your self. If you can, great. Nothing wrong with spending on your babe, if you have interest in her, just don’t make yourself unhappy or slave-like to please her. But if you’re looking for a long term commitment, you can’t run away from spending and that’s just the truth. Don’t let these niggaz deceive you smiley
Are you stupid foolish or deliberately dodging the OP’s question ? The girlfriend want monthly stipends from his salary is that right or wrong ?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by olasclef(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
Did u have sex with her.. If u do then she has the right for her upkeep.. Cos she is indirectly asking you to pay for having sex with her and it's a norm everywhere in the world
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Pearl05(f): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
TarOrfeek:

On her Second birthday of the year?

angry

It might be the fourth self. Some girls celebrate
Birthday every time a prospective boyfriend shows up.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Fantazy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
The girl doesn't love u at all. she just want to collect ur money, not even a GIRLFRIEND MATERIAL self
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ozkar: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
Oga don't let any girl manipulate you with labels, all that 'stingy' and 'real man' nonsense. Anyone that tries to manipulate you like this, doesn't care about you at all. She'd always be available for the highest bidder, or whoever is ready to validate her entitlement mentality.

You don't owe any lady anything, just as she doesn't owe you anything. It's okay to spend, but only if you want to, and not because you are supposed to. Save your money for your family, current and future. They are the ones you are responsible for.

Avoid toxic relationships, and it's better you breakup now than to be called 'shameless man' later by the same woman you have given the best part of your sweat and blood.

7 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by olaboy1: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
As someone who totally understands the female psychology, my best advice is to walk away and next time don’t gift that much again...never ever in your life because you just set yourself up in a provider role.

I can tell you 100% this mindset is exactly the mindset of Russian women, they delay sex and affection until all their financial needs are met whilst Polish women would give you all the cookies first in anticipation of financial support, either way both models are not for me. So far the Scandinavian dating model has worked for me, sex and affection after a cup of coffee.

So Nigerian girls are like Russian women, it’s up to you if you want to be a provider or a lover. Don’t you ever pay for pu|$$y (P4P). If you can’t attract them solely base on your alpha traits then go and work on yourself and the fundamentals of seduction first.

Raise your glass cup and cheers me in the challenge of “f&cking gold diggers without a penny”.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Virginity Doesn't Guarantee Heaven - Daddy Freeze Says After Virgin Girl Bragged / 16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / I Don't Want Him To Touch Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.