Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary (41818 Views)

Mixed Race Girl Thinks She Is A Black Victim, She Is So Rude. / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / How Would You Know If A Girl Thinks You Are Boring?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
Chukapage:
lol ,any guy that doesn't support foolish giving according to some ladies is called "broke or stingy" NNE if wise spending will make people see me as "broke stingy" Then AM PROUDLY BROKE AND STINGY AT THE SAME TIME..
Nice one brother, the moment you stop being ashamednof being labelled stingy they have nothing else to attack you with.

In my former office, not abiding by their manipulative game made them call me stingy and I gladly accepted that until they stopped saying that. grin angry grin

I worker for my money and I have every right, spiritually, legally and physically to be "stingy". It is my right grin grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Okay please go and die in your brokenness and stop quoting me. Thanks.
Chukapage:
lol ,any guy that doesn't support foolish giving according to some ladies is called "broke or stingy" NNE if wise spending will make people see me as "broke stingy" Then AM PROUDLY BROKE AND STINGY AT THE SAME TIME..
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Chukapage(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
yettymuse:
When I say LOVE in Nigeria na scam nobody gree believe me. 85% of 'lovebirds' are either hungry, broke, hopeless, homeless, or hor.ny.. This fact isn't gender based!
you are Wise, better oil dey your head..the so called "LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS" in this country na SCAM STRONG FACEY YAHOO YAHOO .. its all about strong SELFISH INTEREST.. Am not angry about it oo but wetin dey vex me be sey dem go dey deceive their life calling it LOVE..
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by MzTunechi(f): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
boiz2men:
Lol.

All the girls in my life think I'm stingy.

I fvcking don't care.

They gossip me and say "which kind person b dis"?

I still don't care.

Only a few understand I'm not.

I have never said no to my family members and real friends (male and female alike)

Footnote: no one is stingy.. You just don't worth it.

All because you have a puxxy.. So what?

In fact, it's easier to give a guy money than a babe.

In case u wondering, I think I'm single grin lol
Deep

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by joyfullyjoyous(f): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
This reminds me of my ex
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by zanogo(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:

This is really terrible. I think this is how I feel right now.
you are partially at fault here, you dont give gold to people who doesnt value it, u should have guage the psyche and exposure of the person you are dealing with, she might even think the watch is worth less than #5000 because that is the level of her exposure on such matters, next time try to know what an individual is likely to cherish irrespective of price......N.B I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE GIRL IN ANY FORM, I AM JUST POINTING THIS OUT FOR FUTURE PURPOSE

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:
I recently showed interest in a neighbour of mine, I know she likes me, but she is a very traditional person, she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further. But something started giving me a reason to worry about here mindset towards relationships.

She celebrated her birthday last month, and I got her a very expensive wrist watch, it cost me 94k, she doesn't know this. I also got her a really nice cake, cost me 10k, so in all I spent over a hundred thousand on her birthday. I know for some this may not seem like much or may seem like too much, I think what really matters is tat I was fine with it and could afford it. Within the same period, she would indirectly ask me for funds, she said she was broke, I could have helped her with this but I felt it was way above my position, as I am only a "To Be Boyfriend", to offer her all this after spending a 100k on gifts for her birthday.

A week ago we had a very interesting discussion, about the role of the man and the woman in a relationship, she said that "A man should be responsible for the upkeep of his Girlfriend, he should save a portion from his salary monthly which he should give to his girlfriend for upkeep". I thought that was nonsense and I quickly called her out on it, all I can say now is that I don't think we would be dating anymore, because she took it very personally, she said she thinks she would suffer if she goes into a relationship with me, because I am already showing signs of being stingy.

If I keep writing I would not end, so my question here is, is she right? Should I have instead given her the cash rather than the gift? Because to me it now seems she doesn't see the value of the gift and would rather have cash. I want adult opinions please.

(Please note that I am not trying to paint this lady as an evil person, she is really sweet, loving, caring, she loves getting attention and doesn't have any problem in showing me how she really feels about me, overall she is a great lady.)
If she's as great as you say, then you need to give the relationship a chance .

All she needs is a new mindset...a new way of thinking from what she's always known as "NORMAL"
The way we are raised shape us...the way we behave.

But if after everything she's not willing to adapt to the new system, then you need to go your separate ways.
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Saffi:
Lol I’m very much entitled to call guys broke on this site, because most of you are. You then take your useless frustration out on women, is it my fault? From childhood I’ve lived a good life, born and raised in a society 5,000 miles away from you. Biko, i don’t do brokeazzes if you don’t like it, go an die.
not going to work lady, you don't know me and would never do so stop being stupid by judging.

Call me brokeass or stingy that's your cup of tea. I still insist, being stingy is a right of everybody, go work for your money and stop begging others and calling them stingy when they don't assist you.

Liability. grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by kense88: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Op are u lie Mohammed younger brother ?
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by toprealman: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Run for ya life...... Look not back!
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by eventsmallchops: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
pls opp, empower me with this for my business abeg.

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by jorion(m): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2018
Jeferious:
I still have her Me sef no wan own anybody. My own life is hard enough....why would I want to add more burden to myself by seeking for whom to control? Did I create her?

Guy, your priorities are different from mine. Maybe you have too much time and resources to spare. Me no get time for myself. Where I come see time to impress babe? Ask around, I never send pm to any female N'lander since I joined . Any lady here wey fit prove me wrong, I go wire am #20k instantly.

In conclusion, my brother, many matter dey give me headache as I dey so, but woman matter no be one of them. Whether she goes or she stays, that's not my problem.

Bros, which ambitious guy spends much time on these hoes. You should have said you don't give a damn about what she does than say she is under your control. FYI, I am the type of guy who would walk into his bedroom, see his wife with another man, enter the shower, take a bath, go to the palour, switch on the TV and watch CNN. I just don't care, I won't shout nor argue. I won't even hold a grudge. I DON'T CARE, THIS LIFE IS ALREADY HARD Enough. As long as you don't poke your nose in my personal affairs, we are cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by BluntBoy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:
I recently showed interest in a neighbour of mine, I know she likes me, but she is a very traditional person, she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further. But something started giving me a reason to worry about here mindset towards relationships.

She celebrated her birthday last month, and I got her a very expensive wrist watch, it cost me 94k, she doesn't know this. I also got her a really nice cake, cost me 10k, so in all I spent over a hundred thousand on her birthday. I know for some this may not seem like much or may seem like too much, I think what really matters is tat I was fine with it and could afford it. Within the same period, she would indirectly ask me for funds, she said she was broke, I could have helped her with this but I felt it was way above my position, as I am only a "To Be Boyfriend", to offer her all this after spending a 100k on gifts for her birthday.

A week ago we had a very interesting discussion, about the role of the man and the woman in a relationship, she said that "A man should be responsible for the upkeep of his Girlfriend, he should save a portion from his salary monthly which he should give to his girlfriend for upkeep". I thought that was nonsense and I quickly called her out on it, all I can say now is that I don't think we would be dating anymore, because she took it very personally, she said she thinks she would suffer if she goes into a relationship with me, because I am already showing signs of being stingy.

If I keep writing I would not end, so my question here is, is she right? Should I have instead given her the cash rather than the gift? Because to me it now seems she doesn't see the value of the gift and would rather have cash. I want adult opinions please.

(Please note that I am not trying to paint this lady as an evil person, she is really sweet, loving, caring, she loves getting attention and doesn't have any problem in showing me how she really feels about me, overall she is a great lady.)

You encouraged her, bro.

How can you spend over a 100k on a girlfriend's birthday simply for the reason that you could afford it?

Bro, that is extravagance.

Moreover, you have sent her the wrong signal. She will exploit you.

Please, let your girlfriend appreciate the value of money. Or did you make the money through dubious means?
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by youngdopeboy: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
you gave someone else who isn't even your girlfriend a 110k............. how much you come give your mother, brother, sister or father this Xmas?? you mumuh oh
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Chukapage(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
Saffi:
Okay please go and die in your brokenness and stop quoting me. Thanks.
lol e pain am ...better go find work oo things are changing ,Don't allow yourself to Live and die in your Poverty stricken misery ooo..go work ooo ..after all na your broke and stingy?? onye ara..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ozkar: 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
merahki:

I am glad someone sees good on here
Cos I see a lot of hatred, bandwagon-ism, negativity and stinginess on display here. That’s the pervading spirit here for me.- being little in spirit (I am glad for the small bursts of humour, positivity and goodness I have to say)
Well I hope I am being hormonal and imagining things. If not, we have a huge problem on our collective hands. Cos we need minds focused on bringing freedom, development and wealth to Africa, not expending energy on gender warring!
anty, you are just being unnecessarily sentimental. Nonsense political correctness - never call a spade a spade because someone's feelings would get hurt.

You sound like the type that would always take sides with the female in any issue. If the man is wrong, then men are scum, but if the woman is wrong, people are overreacting and fueling misogynistic wars.

You don't have the right to call anyone stingy unless they have a responsibility towards you. Stop the psychological manipulation. If it's not your husband, he isn't responsible for your upkeep. Work for your money.

13 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by jaxxy(m): 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:

In simple terms when a gal is already talking about being stingy or not or bringing up fights because of money just know she’s only in it for the money. Yes she may like u bt she likes her money much more. Date her only for the pleasures and pls don’t take her seriously.

She’s yet to understand what a good relationship/partner is all about.
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by noah91(m): 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Naso one yeye girl I dey toast dey tell me say her former boyfriend dey give am 500 everyday as pocket money. I looked at her, shake head, just comot. The same girl had told me to buy her a new phone even while toasting her, still told me she hates sex and she won't give me if she accepts to be my gf. Omo, I just japa. Stupid girls with broke parents full outside now, guys beware

7 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by smeag0l(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hi, from my experience this usually doesn't end well. The issue here is not whether or not you can afford what you give to her or whether or not she deserves it. The issue is her mindset. Trust me, this girl will only become a liability to you in the long run. Even if she starts working and earning money , she still be heavily dependent on you and when you get married to her it'll only become worse beca use she'll bring her family members into the equation. Girls on this forum please and please , learn to realize that exhibiting any sense of entitlement to your boyfriend only diminishes your self worth. He toils day and night for his money and he's not obligated(even by marriage) to share any of it with you.
limbolimbo:

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
Cook for yourself, sex yourself, and las las do not ask any woman for any damn thing. Why is it always broke guys that are miserable and bitter? The comfortable ones never complain because they are financially smart enough to budget and deduct what is needed to satisfy their woman. We can all be selfish and and stingy but the truth remains, offline you guys still make it rain. D
SonsOfLiverpool:
not going to work lady, you don't know me and would never do so stop being stupid by judging.

Call me brokeass or stingy that's your cup of tea. I still insist, being stingy is a right of everybody, go work for your money and stop begging others and calling them stingy when they don't assist you.

Liability. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ozkar: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
sexybaby22:

The men don't realise that its not called spending when you are with someone you are committed to, its called 'investing' in her.
lol. What are the returns on this 'investment'?

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by boiz2men(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
benratigan3:

my brother it's easier and better to give a babe money than a guy cos dats the last stop. guy go still spend on woman making you give to two
my 2cent

If you give a guy money. You are sowing a seed into his life... It will come back to you in the future.

Give a babe that same money... You will be heart broken..

There's a friend that gave 1k in my university days. It was almost the last he had. I find it difficult saying no to him till this day. And he doesn't know y.

A babe has done same too. I almost opened a business for her but she was lazy.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Acidosis(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
What's wrong with our youths? What job is she doing to deserve a monthly salary?

If you need help with your stuffs, you can get a maid to take care of your meals and laundry with around #20-25k or a little more per month.

Even if you make more money than NNPC, never in your life date a woman with such traits. I think you should count your losses and move on, and please try to delete that traditional nonsense in your opening paragraph. Your girl is far from being traditional, you're only yet to see the true colours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Saffi:
Cook for yourself, sex yourself, and las las do not ask any woman for any damn thing. Why is it always broke guys that are miserable and bitter? The comfortable ones never complain because they are financially smart enough to budget and deduct what is needed to satisfy their woman. We can all be selfish and and stingy but the truth remains, offline you guys still make it rain. D

Liability. Get a life or be used for ritual soon grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Monthly stipend as if she works for you.... Mtseeeeewwww Op just continue, she go soon retire

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
One thing you men dont understand is that women have it easier. A broke woman is far better than a wretched broke man. Who wants a broke man? He is at the bottom of the bottom and seen as shittt. Calling me broke can never pain me but las las you will still cry yourself to sleep because of your condition. It is well.
Chukapage:
lol e pain am ...better go find work oo things are changing ,Don't allow yourself to Live and die in your Poverty stricken misery ooo..go work ooo ..after all na your broke and stingy?? onye ara..

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Iyajelili(f): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Adeinfo:
I don't know how many of us feel so comfortable around people with entitlement mentality. You worked for your money. Is she disabled from working or is she an orphan? Please and please, people with entitlement mentality can't help you grow. Relate more with people that will help you grow and avoid people who keep on taking from you without adding any meaningful thing to your life.
I am an orphan yet I stopped this entitlement mentality many years ago with family members let alone my boyfriend.
Back to the topic, I don't know why some people some guys inclusive have entitlement mentality when you have 2 working hands and 2 working legs.

3 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
rame18:
Then you are not entitled to her commitment or faithfulness. Nobody should be entitled to anything in your situation ship.
See one of them boys pocket na poverty alleviation program

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
limbolimbo:

[[/b]
This is such a big problem, you keep loving a girl and the girl seems adamant to it at first you did not get to find out her love language.
1. She may be someone who loves acts of service and hates receiving gifts.
Before you get up to do something for someone you must first of all know the main thing that person want.
Now you got her wrist watch, get her cake yet she don't really value it.
What she need is the money, every lady now is after the money not gifts with the money she get what she needs.
Next time you first know her needs before giving anything out.
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by zcee: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
boiz2men:
Lol.

All the girls in my life think I'm stingy.

I fvcking don't care.

They gossip me and say "which kind person b dis"?

I still don't care.

Only a few understand I'm not.

I have never said no to my family members and real friends (male and female alike)

Footnote: no one is stingy.. You just don't worth it.

All because you have a puxxy.. So what?

In fact, it's easier to give a guy money than a babe.

In case u wondering, I think I'm single grin lol
pure!!!! You have said something I like about me and yo have truly made my day Bleep all those Nigerian ladies...

1 Like

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Jeferious: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
jorion:

Bros, which ambitious guy spends much time on these hoes. You should have said you don't give a damn about what she does than say she is under your control. FYI, I am the type of guy who would walk into his bedroom, see his wife with another man, enter the shower, take a bath, go to the palour, switch on the TV and watch CNN. I just don't care, I won't shout nor argue. I won't even hold a grudge. I DON'T CARE, THIS LIFE IS ALREADY HARD ENOUGH
If I mean to prove to you that I have great amount of control her, then I'd divulge basic secrets in our relationship which would pass me off as manipulative, selfish and evil ultimately. And since I won't like such impression to be created against me, then I choose to agree with you. You're 100% right.

In conclusion, the nonchalant attitude is valuable when dealing with these ladies. Don't ever give what is holy to pigs. If you must give, make sure you do so to a queen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
Typical broke mentality. They think the only way to acquire wealth is through rituals or yahoo. Go and look at your mates and get some inspiration, we don’t all live in pitiful conditions. Fortunately I’m exposed to finer things in life cheesy
SonsOfLiverpool:

Liability. Get a life or be used for ritual soon grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Virginity Doesn't Guarantee Heaven - Daddy Freeze Says After Virgin Girl Bragged / 16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / I Don't Want Him To Touch Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.