Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary (41698 Views)

Mixed Race Girl Thinks She Is A Black Victim, She Is So Rude. / Help!! My Brother Thinks I Want To Ruin His Relationship / How Would You Know If A Girl Thinks You Are Boring?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by limbolimbo: 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
I recently showed interest in a neighbour of mine, I know she likes me, but she is a very traditional person, she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further. But something started giving me a reason to worry about here mindset towards relationships.

She celebrated her birthday last month, and I got her a very expensive wrist watch, it cost me 94k, she doesn't know this. I also got her a really nice cake, cost me 10k, so in all I spent over a hundred thousand on her birthday. I know for some this may not seem like much or may seem like too much, I think what really matters is tat I was fine with it and could afford it. Within the same period, she would indirectly ask me for funds, she said she was broke, I could have helped her with this but I felt it was way above my position, as I am only a "To Be Boyfriend", to offer her all this after spending a 100k on gifts for her birthday.

A week ago we had a very interesting discussion, about the role of the man and the woman in a relationship, she said that "A man should be responsible for the upkeep of his Girlfriend, he should save a portion from his salary monthly which he should give to his girlfriend for upkeep". I thought that was nonsense and I quickly called her out on it, all I can say now is that I don't think we would be dating anymore, because she took it very personally, she said she thinks she would suffer if she goes into a relationship with me, because I am already showing signs of being stingy.

If I keep writing I would not end, so my question here is, is she right? Should I have instead given her the cash rather than the gift? Because to me it now seems she doesn't see the value of the gift and would rather have cash. I want adult opinions please.

(Please note that I am not trying to paint this lady as an evil person, she is really sweet, loving, caring, she loves getting attention and doesn't have any problem in showing me how she really feels about me, overall she is a great lady.)

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by babyfaceafrica: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
dump her,find someone sensible and reasonable.. cut your loses!!.....all these ladies that feel that they have seen maga sef..they will soon learn!!

267 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2018

On her Second birthday of the year?

angry

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
Did you just say you spent over a hundred K on a chick that is not your girlfriend?? Someone who might be in the shower right now as I type this, getting ready for some other guy's dic.

I dunno your age, bruh but you deserve better brain resetting beating

508 Likes 35 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by dyze(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
Mtshww.

Oga to "every aboki his kettle".

Find someone that will complement you not milk u dry.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by decatalyst(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
What sort of question is this?

Just asking for a friend, please.

12 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
Abort

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ramos16(m): 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
TarOrfeek:

On her Second birthday of the year?

angry

I don't think that is what the OP meant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by dingbang(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Its ok to spend on your girlfriend if you have the money but then again, spend it on someone who deserves it. To me I think she doesn't deserve it, who the fvck is she to determine what and what not to do with your salary?

Be wise bro.

169 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ramos16(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Earthbound:
Did you just say you spent over a hundred K on a chick that is not your girlfriend?? Someone who might be in the shower right now as I type this, getting ready for some other guy's dic.

I dunno your age, bruh but you deserve better brain resetting beating

Lol, not fair..... The OP said he could afford it, and it was no problem for him. So I guess he might do it for a regular friend too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ramos16(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
dingbang:
Its ok to spend on your girlfriend if you have the money but then again, spend it on someone who deserves it. To me I think she doesn't deserve it, who the fvck is she to determine what and what not to do with your salary?

Be wise bro.

This is good advice OP take it

24 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Adeinfo: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
I don't know how many of us feel so comfortable around people with entitlement mentality. You worked for your money. Is she disabled from working or is she an orphan? Please and please, people with entitlement mentality can't help you grow. Relate more with people that will help you grow and avoid people who keep on taking from you without adding any meaningful thing to your life.

204 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by boiz2men(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lol.

All the girls in my life think I'm stingy.

I fvcking don't care.

They gossip me and say "which kind person b dis"?

I still don't care.

Only a few understand I'm not.

I have never said no to my family members and real friends (male and female alike)

Footnote: no one is stingy.. You just don't worth it.

All because you have a puxxy.. So what?

In fact, it's easier to give a guy money than a babe.

In case u wondering, I think I'm single grin lol

239 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
sad

And you're coming here to tell us.

You want us to give you new girl abi you want us to collect our own stipend??

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by sirfarouk(m): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
If she knew how much you spent on her birthday, she wouldn't have the guts to say what she said about monthly salary.

If you have the intentions to marry her then you have an issue at hand. If not, part ways and ask her to find out how much the wristwatch cost (or better still give her the receipt as a parting gift without saying a thing to her) so that she knows that money is not your problem.

You sef, you are mad for spending over 100k on someone you don't have patience for. In fact both of you are mad.

201 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Kidaholic(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
angry Oga, come first ...
she wants us to go through the full cycle before anything further Yet she wants monthly stipends?? undecided
And you've already spent over 100k on her, receive sense!

176 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by limbolimbo: 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
sirfarouk:
If she knew how much you spent on her birthday, she wouldn't have the guts to say what she said about monthly salary.

If you have the intentions to marry her then you have an issue at hand. If not, part ways and ask her to find out how much the wristwatch cost (or better still give her the receipt as a parting gift without saying a thing to her) so that she knows that money is not your problem.

You sef, you are mad for spending over 100k on someone you don't have patience for. In fact both of you are mad.

smiley, I am sorry we make you feel this way. What can I say, I guess love is truly blind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by limbolimbo: 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Splinz(m): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
shocked

I'm not gonno talk about your spending on her birthday... you said you could afford it, cool. Your freakin business!

But are you really calling that girl a TRADITIONAL type?

You're wrong! That specie of a woman is as modern as this century, and likely skilled in gold digging.

She reeks of poverty, over-dependency and ingratitude.

You wonna hear the truth? She's undeserving of anything.

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ramos16:

Lol, not fair..... The OP said he could afford it, and it was no problem for him. So I guess he might do it for a regular friend too.
And so? Men like the OP are exactly why most women have that irritating entitlement mentality!

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by uyiekpenn(m): 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not your duty as a man to be financially responsible for any girl's upkeep. Nigerian men created this stupid feeling of entitlement and virus that's quite common amongst 90% of Nigerian females. The only woman I give monthly stipends and money in general is my mom and none other. I don't work under the biting winters or hot summers each day to be feeding one broke ass, lazy, hopeless, useless, greedy, senseless and unproductive female when she's not handicapped or an orphan.

175 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Ramos16(m): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
boiz2men:
Lol.

All the girls in my life think I'm stingy.

I fvcking don't care.

They gossip me and say "which kind person b dis"?

I still don't care.

Only a few understand I'm not.

I have never said no to my family members and real friends (male and female alike)

Footnote: no one is stingy.. You just don't worth it.

All because you have a puxxy.. So what?

In fact, it's easier to give a guy money than a babe.

In case u wondering, I think I'm single grin lol

So much truth in this, said in crude way grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by uyiekpenn(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
Splinz:
shocked

I'm not gonno talk about your spending on her birthday... you said you could afford it, cool. Your freakin business!

But are you really calling that girl a TRADITIONAL type?

You're wrong! That specie of a woman is as modern as this century, and likely skilled in gold digging.

She reeks of poverty, over-dependency and ingratitude.

You wonna hear the truth? She's undeserving of anything.
I once walked a girl out of my car in the middle of the road while I was in Nigeria last year over some stupid comment that she made. She said no man should go into a relationship if you don't have money and guess how I replied her? No girl should go into a relationship if she's broke and has nothing to offer besides pussyy. Majority of these girls are hopeless.

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by uyiekpenn(m): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Earthbound:

And so? Men like the OP are exactly why most women have that irritating entitlement mentality!
I'm telling you. Imagine spending over a 100k on a woman you're not even sure of. No wonder these girls feel it's their right to receive payment while being in a relationship. Any man who still does this shitt is obviously sick in the head. I spend more money on my mom and my siblings than some hungry nigerian girl who has refused to be productive.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Splinz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
uyiekpenn:
I once walked a girl out of my car in the middle of the road while I was in Nigeria last year over some stupid comment that she made. She said no man should go into a relationship if you don't have money and guess how I replied her? No girl should go into a relationship if she's broke and has nothing to offer besides pussyy. Majority of these girls are hopeless.

WTF! smiley

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by boiz2men(m): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ramos16:

So much truth in this, said in crude way grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. Bro. I got a babes number. She lives in my street. I call, she doesn't pick.. When she picks, she tells me she's busy. I stopped calling altogether. Met her on the street again and the idiot was telling me that her phone is bad.. In a way that seems to say "repair or buy me a new one".

I just said OK and continued to the barber shop. I can imagine her tellign her friends that " DAT guy stingy sha, na person b did self" grin grin

60 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Coloradvantage(m): 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
what is the aim of buying a gift someone will not value. my girl friend tried this habit recently I let her know the fact.. it is a relationship. partnership. not a parasitic stuff. there is nothing bad in helping a friend. but someone making it feels having a boyfriend is a carreer path is low-level of thinking. next time don't waste your money. buying gifts.

know if that individual knows the worth.

even since I bought expensive wine when travelling to the village. I spent nothing less than 320k. and my friend who bought about 7 crate of beer was used as an example of how to give. I now take a new leave.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by limbolimbo: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Coloradvantage:
what is the aim of buying a gift someone will not value. my girl friend tried this habit recently I I spent nothing less than 320k. and my friend who bought about 7 crate of beer was used as an example of how to give. I now take a new leave.

This is really terrible. I think this is how I feel right now.

2 Likes

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
If you can’t afford it, don’t kill your self. If you can, great. Nothing wrong with spending on your babe, if you have interest in her, just don’t make yourself unhappy or slave-like to please her. But if you’re looking for a long term commitment, you can’t run away from spending and that’s just the truth. Don’t let these niggaz deceive you smiley

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by Abortions: 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Is she working No. Now that's like Monkey dey work Useless baboon dey chop

*spits*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl Thinks I Should Give Her Stipends From My Monthly Salary by limbolimbo: 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Abortions:
Is she working No. Monkey dey work Useless baboon dey chop

She works, but it doesn't pay much.

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend / Help! I Am In A Relationship With A Big Manipulative Woman / My Girlfriend Is Secretly Dating Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.