Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189556 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hi guys!!!...*flaps flippers* cheesy tongue

Edmonton weather has been soooooooo good in the last 3 days. In fact, the snow has been meltioniown and we're dragging weather with BC grin.

In other news, abeg I need contact of correct barber wey fit give me better drip cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Congratulations @nnysmuse
My chest started paining me when you said you were still in holdup after two hours! Thank God it ended in praise
Welcome home

25 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by princesschuks: 12:31am On Jan 28, 2019
nnysmuse:
Landing story

Day of departure: hmmm, we all woke up early as the flight was in the afternoon. There were bags to pack as per family of three- 6 luggages, 3 hand luggages and 2 back packs. We loaded the car and off we went. My husband and son decided to get a fresher haircut on our way since we were very early. They went to the barber shop and by the time they were done it was past 9am. Okay o but everywhere in our estate was blocked. No movement. As in stand still.

Village people 0 - @nnysmuse 10
Imagine them wanting you to miss your flight.
Cannyland will favour you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mikkyphp(m): 1:00am On Jan 28, 2019
princesschuks:

Village people 0 - @nnysmuse 10
Imagine them wanting you to miss your flight.
Cannyland will favour you
Chai, Village people don suffer...everything is blamed on them these days...

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by modath(f): 1:54am On Jan 28, 2019
meetchandus:

Lol.I know that already..I joined nairaland back in 2015 just fun and didn't expect to be this active here..Been trying to change it for a while but I guess I am stuck with it..

Hello... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 3:06am On Jan 28, 2019
It's been a while since I checked in here. I'm glad things are still running well here and many dreams are coming to fruition. Thanks to everyone who has added value to this thread.

Like I've done a couple of times, if there is anyone coming to YYC any time soon, I volunteer to pick you from the airport to anywhere within the city. This offer is subject to conditions such as your time of arrival and size of your luggage.

God Bless.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Winterpeg: 3:20am On Jan 28, 2019
Adiepena:
Hello Everyone,
Happy Sunday
Please those in Calgary who have kids in Catholic schools, how did u get admission if you are not a catholic?
Have seen on most of the schools website that they require either the baptismal cert of one parent or the child for registration.
Pls help a sister out.
Thank you.
Hi, though I'm not in Calgary, what I think you should do is to research on the catholic school you will like your child to attend, give the school a call and go over to pick up their admission form, fill the form and pay the processing fee and then keep ur fingers crossed. If there are spots available to non catholic they will sure give you a call. But keep in mind that catholic schools are not free and they also wear uniforms.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by meetchandus(m): 5:10am On Jan 28, 2019
modath:

Hello... smiley

Happy new year Ma'am.. smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jhoci: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2019
What a kind gesture! God bless you.

wengerly:
It's been a while since I checked in here. I'm glad things are still running well here and many dreams are coming to fruition. Thanks to everyone who has added value to this thread.

Like I've done a couple of times, if there is anyone coming to YYC any time soon, I volunteer to pick you from the airport to anywhere within the city. This offer is subject to conditions such as your time of arrival and size of your luggage.

God Bless.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:31am On Jan 28, 2019
Winterpeg:

Hi, though I'm not in Calgary, what I think you should do is to research on the catholic school you will like your child to attend, give the school a call and go over to pick up their admission form, fill the form and pay the processing fee and then keep ur fingers crossed. If there are spots available to non catholic they will sure give you a call. But keep in mind that catholic schools are not free and they also wear uniforms.

Some Catholic schools are free and some are not free. Also, some don't wear uniform and some do. You'll know better when you decide on the school in your catchment area.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by battousaiX(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2019
I think sey na only me...
Ifeoma77:
Congratulations @nnysmuse
My chest started paining me when you said you were still in holdup after two hours! Thank God it ended in praise
Welcome home

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by boco2126: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2019
Newmum0615, it seems you have migrated from the other group here that's why you haven't been seeing my mentions. Please check your email and revert. Regards
Newmum0615:
Lol. No wahala.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by peacengine(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
https://www.made4naija.com/2019/01/lady-arrested-for-pouring-hot-coffee-on-a-nigerian-man-whose-perfume-she-stole-in-canada-video/

This Canadian lady dare pour a Nigerian guy hot coffee as a racist attack. What are his rights?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sunvick(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
Very kind gesture sir.

Boss, I sent you a PM.

wengerly:

God Bless.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MacShiff: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
wengerly:

God Bless.

Nice one. Way to go
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lobell: 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
wengerly:

God Bless.

Better person.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wholesomegrace: 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good afternoon house,

Please when filling the goods to follow form, should I be specific or use general name? i.e if i'm bringing in food items, i'm I supposed to fill 'food items' or do I need write down each detail of food item like rice, ground nut etc. Please help me clarify.....

Thanks people

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ibkladunni: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Hi Everyone,
My passport expires in the first week of June 2019, Can I travel in May with the same passport on Egypt air to Canada (as a PR) or do I absolutely need to renew my passport?
Please reply.
@ifeoma77

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
Godisincontrol:
Sponsor your parents and grandparents

Reminder: The 2019 Parent and Grandparent Program interest to sponsor form will open TODAY at noon EST on a first-in basis. Have your information ready so you can complete it quickly.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

Copied

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2019

6 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
sunvick:
Very kind gesture sir.

Boss, I sent you a PM.

you can reach me on alagbaj@yahoo.com, I can't seem to open my NL DM. You can drop your number and I'll call you.

Thanks

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ifeoma77 have you landed ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2019
wengerly:

you can reach me on alagbaj@yahoo.com, I can't seem to open my NL DM. You can drop your number and I'll call you.

Thanks
Thanks for your offer bro, but I don message you since morning no reply yet. cool cool
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
Guitarlife:

Thanks for your offer bro, but I don message you since morning no reply yet. cool cool

I've replied you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
What my street looks like at the moment.
-28°C this morning. -14°C at the moment. Temperatures will still dip later today. cry

Landing gist loading. Make una no abuse me abeg.

72 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
More

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newmum0615: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
cry

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by princesschuks: 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
Newmum0615:
cry

Newmum na snow dey rush you oh grin

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
Even in the GTA, it’s really a bad snow day today. Some companies are sending people home from work. The traffic is bad! View from my office ( they did not ask us to go home here cry)

28 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
All this snow pictures sha shocked. I can feel the chill from here wink wink

Really looking forward to my first winter in Canada cool.

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
joo2018:
All this snow pictures sha shocked. I can feel the chill from here wink wink

Really looking forward to my first winter in Canada cool.

Trust me you don’t want to experience it. Better come during spring so you can key in else Na sickness

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.