Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (344891 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2023
Zluky:

Have you been contacted by the lawyer. Where in Nigeria are you based?

I am not supposed to be contacted by a lawyer because I didn't pay family verification fee therefore exempted from verification.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2023
jamexonline:
Happy New year everyone,

Please I have this question.
Would a house contract of 1 year be enough for the family reunion process if submitted to Auslanderbehorde?

thanks in advance for your responses

The embassy doesn't ask for house contract documents, only City registration certificate.

If you have that, it's okay. In some cases they might request for the contract to see a breakdown how much you are paying monthly to ascertain whether your income and after expenses would be sufficient for a family.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2023
Softy1407:
Please how long does it take to get response from the embassy after family reunion interview? My husband is a DAAD scholar and DAAD gave us a letter which I took to the embassy...I had my interview on the 29th November, 2022 and till now no response from the embassy

Depends on when is scholarship programme going to end. If it's ending within 6_9 months time. They might delayed it, knowing well it's coming to an end, so encourage your spouse to start applying for jobs within his field of study

But on normal day within 4 weeks . The foreign office would contact your spouse may be for some additional information e.g house contract.

Ask your spouse to write to his city office for inquiry about it.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mat94(f): 10:58am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning N/L
Please I would appreciate it if anyone who base in Germany and currently reside in cologne is here,please I want to find out if one can go to the foreign office without appointment... This is really really giving us a huge headache already...
Hubby moved to new city and his documents which includes his wife's visa application was sent to new city since Sept 29 but up till now new city claims they've not seen it... We are tired and confused because hubby has sent old city email and they said they are 100% sure the documents didn't lost... Please advice on what to do..... I will really really appreciate your response

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2023
Please has anyone who went for family reunion interview in November, 2022 heard from the embassy yet?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mat94:
Good morning N/L
Please I would appreciate it if anyone who base in Germany and currently reside in cologne is here,please I want to find out if one can go to the foreign office without appointment... This is really really giving us a huge headache already...
Hubby moved to new city and his documents which includes his wife's visa application was sent to new city since Sept 29 but up till now new city claims they've not seen it... We are tired and confused because hubby has sent old city email and they said they are 100% sure the documents didn't lost... Please advice on what to do..... I will really really appreciate your response

Well I live in a nearby city and asides picking up of my blue card every sort of appointment must be booked on the website of the City’s foreign office. So let him visit the website if there is a category of appointment that suits his issue. He can still call the hotline or outrightly go and see if there’s someone he can complain to. They can only decline
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mat94:
Good morning N/L
Hubby moved to new city and his documents which includes his wife's visa application was sent to new city since Sept 29 but up till now new city claims they've not seen it.... Please advice on what to do..... I will really really appreciate your response

he needs to book an appointment or send them a letter via post or email.

https://www.stadt-koeln.de/service/adressen/00083/index.html

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Depends on when is scholarship programme going to end. If it's ending within 6_9 months time. They might delayed it, knowing well it's coming to an end, so encourage your spouse to start applying for jobs within his field of study

But on normal day within 4 weeks . The foreign office would contact your spouse may be for some additional information e.g house contract.

Ask your spouse to write to his city office for inquiry about it.

Thanks a lot for the response...You are blessed.
The scholarship is not ending anytime soon. Please what is he making inquiries about...The house contract? If that is it, he already has it.
Thanks once I again..I really appreciate
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Wunme:
Please has anyone who went for family reunion interview in November, 2022 heard from the embassy yet?

It seems like we are in the same boat oo...God have mercy

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mat94(f): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Thanks for the information... I appreciate
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
Softy1407:

Thanks a lot for the response...You are blessed.
The scholarship is not ending anytime soon. Please what is he making inquiries about...The house contract? If that is it, he already has it.
Thanks once I again..I really appreciate

About his spouse Visa. If they need additional documents or information
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ahmed4002:

About his spouse Visa. If they need additional documents or information

Thanks again...I'll do that
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello Nairalanders, pls I have a question, my marriage certificate was written in French cos my court wedding was done in a French country do you know if I will have to translate it to English while going for my interview and if I am going to be translating it pls can some one recommend where to translate official documents in Lagos here, it will be needful and of great importance to me, thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Softy1407:

It seems like we are in the same boat oo...God have mercy
Lol. I thought so. I just wanted to know if it’s just us 2 or there are others. The wait and silence is killing!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Gracias112:
Hello Nairalanders, pls I have a question, my marriage certificate was written in French cos my court wedding was done in a French country do you know if I will have to translate it to English while going for my interview and if I am going to be translating it pls can some one recommend where to translate official documents in Lagos here, it will be needful and of great importance to me, thank you

Probably the French Embassy or just Google search.

I hope this certificate of marriage won't delay your visa process if verification is initiated.

Just try the french embassy for the translation.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
Wunme:

Lol. I thought so. I just wanted to know if it’s just us 2 or there are others. The wait and silence is killing!

Lol, my spouse did hers since September.

Although lawyer came around December before Xmas.

Still waiting for Lagos to issue the Visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Lol, my spouse did hers since September.

Although lawyer came around December before Xmas.

Still waiting for Lagos to issue the Visa
Na wa o. My spouse is a blue card holder, though, so no need for verification. Hence, why I’d thought the process would have been faster.
September is a long time sha.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jamexonline(m): 8:00am On Jan 11, 2023
thanks so much.
Ahmed4002:

The embassy doesn't ask for house contract documents, only City registration certificate.

If you have that, it's okay. In some cases they might request for the contract to see a breakdown how much you are paying monthly to ascertain whether your income and after expenses would be sufficient for a family.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Lapsy15: 11:09am On Jan 11, 2023
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
Lapsy15:
Hello fellow nairalanders
I need help please
I went for the skilled immigrant visa interview under the fast track with pre approval with my husband.
We have been waiting for over three weeks post interview and we are yet to get a response from the embassy.
I even called to make enquiries some days back and they were totally dismissive and informed me national visa takes 3months to be granted.
Is there anyone that has applied with a preapproval with family and has gotten visa within three weeks?
P.s They are with my passport and yet I am supposed to wait for three months:

Lol, the second name of ther german process is patience, I am 100 percent sure that the final response will be positive , so you just gats free your mind small

3 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Wunme:

Na wa o. My spouse is a blue card holder, though, so no need for verification. Hence, why I’d thought the process would have been faster.
September is a long time sha.

Bro I want to be sure about something

For blue card, there is no lawyer verification in the family reunion process yeah? Like the lawyers don’t get to go to your origin and do all those long check?

Secondly will the embassy only accept court wedding documents? Do they require evidence of traditional or white wedding (for blue card holders)
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 9:23am On Jan 12, 2023
JahBwoy:

For blue card, there is no lawyer verification in the family reunion process yeah? Like the lawyers don’t get to go to your origin and do all those long check?

Secondly will the embassy only accept court wedding documents? Do they require evidence of traditional or white wedding (for blue card holders)
JahBwoy:

For the first question, ideally, spouses of blue card holders are exempt from verification. However, I’ve heard of a few cases here where some were required to pay for verification even though their spouses were blue card holders. I’ll advise you go with the fee for your interview if you can. I didn’t go with it for mine and I sure got tonguelashed by Paulinus�. If you can’t go with it, it’s absolutely fine. Just tell him you’ll sort it if it’s required. That’s what I told him.

Secondly, your marriage certificate from the court is part of the requirements for family reunion. In addition to this, you’re required to take along pictures from the wedding(civil, at least). If you had other types like church wedding and or traditional marriage, it’s advisable you also take a few copies of those along. They’d like to see enough to ascertain that the marriage wasn’t arranged. Be sure to include pictures of crucial moments like the signing of the marriage certificate in your pictures. I hope this helps.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2023
JahBwoy:

For your second question. I believe your marriage certificate is enough. At least that was the only thing I submitted for mine. I went with pictures of the traditional wedding but they didn’t request for it. The interviewer will only ask questions about the relationship (how and where you met, when u proposed, etc)

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
zilonnn:
We got our family reunion visa for my wife and kids. So glad we didn’t have to wait for an eternity. Here’s the timeline:

Applied for appointment - July 23, 2021
Got appointment date - August 10th 2022
Appointment - 6th September 2022
Email to submit passport & travel ins - 31st October 2022
Submitted passports - 31st October 2022
Got passports with visa and docs - 4th November 2022

Caveats
1. Myself, as the principal, is on a Blue Card in Germany, so there was no need for verification.
2. We had to call the Lagos consulate, write the LEA as well as the Federal Foreign Office due to health and safety issues of my family.
3. All documents checked out from the appointment, so that aided smooth transition.

Wish others still expecting good-luck and Godspeed.

Hello,
Please at what point did you write to the Federal Foreign Office and LEA due to health and safety issues of your family?
I’ve been waiting over 1 month post family reunion interview(blue card spouse). I just want to know if there’s anything that can be done to get a faster response from them.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 7:51am On Jan 13, 2023
[quote author=Wunme post=119953431][/quote]

thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 9:49am On Jan 13, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders

Please what are the possible questions to expect from the lawyer when he comes for the verification especially those that I put their names as my references like your neighbor, school mate, also my parents and siblings.
Thanks and do have a lovely day.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Simplyme21: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Finally the long wait is over���
Here is my timeline

Applied march 15th 2021
Appointment mail march 21th 2022
Appointment April 13th 2022 (was asked to submit my A1 certificate....I wrote the exam and passed, then I submitted it to the embassy)

Lawyer called may 19th .
Lawyer's verification 5th.
July ..... No response or update

August 23rd ..... I received verification complete mail. was asked to send additional documentd.

September...... No response or update
October....... No response or update

November..... my spouse contacted ABH in his city on the 24th of November and they asked him to forward his document on the 25th of November .

Spouse submitted his document on 1st of December.

On the 13th of December 2022 I received a mail from the embassy requesting for my travel insurance and passport and travel date.

Submitted the requested document on the 16th December
Documents received and visa stamped 22nd of December ��

Arrived Germany 31 st December ��. All glory be to God����

13 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2023
I did my family reunion interview in October with preapproval and I still haven't heard from them.

Did you use a pre-approval?
I know someone that went for interview on the same day as you and was a sent a mail yesterday. I went on 16th December with my wife and we are also still waiting. My guess is it takes longer if you apply with your family. [/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Babbbbbbbbby:
I did my family reunion interview in October with preapproval and I still haven't heard from them.

Did you use a pre-approval?
I know someone that went for interview on the same day as you and was a sent a mail yesterday. I went on 16th December with my wife and we are also still waiting. My guess is it takes longer if you apply with your family.

We got an approval mail this week . We are currently waiting for our passports to be returned .

5 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
Congratulations �

Simplyme21:
Finally the long wait is over���
Here is my timeline

Applied march 15th 2021
Appointment mail march 21th 2022
Appointment April 13th 2022 (was asked to submit my A1 certificate....I wrote the exam and passed, then I submitted it to the embassy)

Lawyer called may 19th .
Lawyer's verification 5th.
July ..... No response or update

August 23rd ..... I received verification complete mail. was asked to send additional documentd.

September...... No response or update
October....... No response or update

November..... my spouse contacted ABH in his city on the 24th of November and they asked him to forward his document on the 25th of November .

Spouse submitted his document on 1st of December.

On the 13th of December 2022 I received a mail from the embassy requesting for my travel insurance and passport and travel date.

Submitted the requested document on the 16th December
Documents received and visa stamped 22nd of December ��

Arrived Germany 31 st December ��. All glory be to God����

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by dpamou: 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
Please what is this pre-approval mail everyone is talking about ? Is it for just blue card holders? Or
does someone with nomal family reunion visa also need it?. Can it be gotten before the visa appointment date ahead of time? And from where can it be gotten.
Please I hope to get a reply. Thank you.

We got an approval mail this week . We are currently waiting for our passports to be returned .[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.