Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? (31903 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?
No no no no. At least get a flat.

A word they say is enough...
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 05, 2019
post=74461762:
It all depends on you and your wife to be.
Its not the people here that will dictate to you how to start your life.
You won't be living in the self contain forever innit?!
We don't know you and your bae background.
You can reason like a wise guy yet chose to depend on 30k bmc. Guy, pls move on from bmc your mates are making it big.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Waffarianman(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

Bro go on with your plans, you don't know what God has for you next... From one room to-who knows maybe to your own Building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Why not try moving to the outskirts of a city?Houses are cheaper although it depends on the location of your work.In a place like Lagos,you may not bother due to the easy transportation.

For example,If I was to be in your shoes and I live in Lagos,I go as far as Ojodu-Berger to get a house.With 150k you can get a clean room and parlour.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2019
Noel1:

Get a flat?
Just 2 people in a flat?Waste of space and money.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Your not ready yet grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2019
Noel1:
How much are donating to him?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Mgbadike80: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2019
bedspread:
Start the way u and ur wife are comfortable with!
As you grow you shift level..

Don't allow anyone or anything make you live above your Capabilities ....

Life is not a Competition...

But if u can get a one bedroom that has its own Restroom and Bathroom.. that would be great
self con is a restroom with it's own restroom and bathroom.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2019
timeandchance76:
I got married into 3bedroom flat but when reality down on me, am now in room and a parlour now. learn to cut your cloth according to your material, feeding yourself is different from feeding family.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

With two bedroom, family members will remember to come visit.But when they realize one stays in a room and parlour,they begin to first think of their comfortability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Isoduwa(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

My guy why the hurry?
Plan first don't let pucci distract you from your hustle don't forget M.O.B
Tomorrow this same woman will tell you to look at broda emeka duplex that you are not ashamed that you are very lazy that's after you spend your 80k salary marrying her in one room toilet � bathroom � join together
Rip in advance
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by beesyb(f): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Why not, please get married already. One of the self-inflicted problems an average youth battle is the urge to show off,live a fake life trying to impress people. Start small and move forward. I'll never live in a three bedroom flat with a husband who has neither procured a land to build his own house nor invest heavily in a business. I prefer living in a self-contain apartment until our own house is ready. Call me Ijebu, I will nod in affirmation. My brother,money can sometimes be a visitor. When it's in your home, use it well.
Very importantly,no need for an elaborate wedding. Pay bride price during a low key engagement and then go for registry. Please don't struggle for an elaborate wedding and one Iya Shade living in the opposite house(Iya ile okan) will still be eyeing your destiny.
My two cents

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2019
victorazyvictor:

He sought for my advice and not for money

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2019
victorazyvictor:

Leave my head please! grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by kellytuns(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2019
Bro,all this people advising you here to go get 4 bedroom flat or duplex, majority of them were born in a batcha and face me i face you public housing.there is nothing wrong starting life in self contain. I Can remember one of my cousin starting life in a one room self con apartment

,around 2004.but today he has build a 7 bedroom duplex,and about 4 bungalows thank God his wife understood life then.as for me i and my sister were born in one room,from that one room pupsi built a 5 bedroom flat to 10 bedroom duplex.all thanks to God.during my university days the boys and girls that rented the most costly and beautiful hostels are no were today.believe me.use your number 6

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Mofy123: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2019
lol. I got married to my husband in a self contain(one room,kitchen and toilet) in June 2016 and in September 2017 we move into our personal home and since then I hardly travel via road but flight. Thank God I didn't reject him because he was in a self contain then which I almost did���.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2019
amalab30:
These days material things have taken over and the economy is so bad that 100k can't rent a room again in some places in the country.

I blame the economy and our rulers. finish!
Exactly,for example in Enugu,where I stay u'll see single rooms going for 120k,140k,single room O!this is an amount that can comfortably rent a selfcon in some states.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2019
nkwuocha:

Get a flat? Just 2 people in a flat?Waste of space and money.
U think so?
Chaii

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by LZAA: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Oh boy as far as na wetin dy just try manage then upgrade
Dm no dy rush life
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Newboss(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2019
olamy7:

wait, what is ur say actually?
Don't do it
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2019
nkwuocha:

Leave my head please! grin
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:51am On Jan 05, 2019
Isoduwa:

My guy why the hurry?
Plan first don't let pucci distract you from your hustle don't forget M.O.B
Tomorrow this same woman will tell you to look at broda emeka duplex that you are not ashamed that you are very lazy that's after you spend your 80k salary marrying her in one room toilet � bathroom � join together
Rip in advance

He should be in a hurry.Time waits for no man.Its tomfoolery to think dreams always come true.There was a time I dreamt to have a yacht,but I have now a car instead.If the yacht eventually happens,my luck!

Be wise to understand that women are unpredictable! Even if you buy her the world,one day during an argument she would remind you Alexender the great died for love!Let the young man manage his life.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by frostmate2: 11:52am On Jan 05, 2019
It's okay to start with
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by amalab30(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Just imagine, it's a different story in Abuja o, in the satellite villages, selfcon is about 120-160k, town na wahala, juss hold your 300k plus. I'm talking town proper not Kubwa ot Jabi dem dem. Where is Nigeria going. One day the poor won't have what to eat buh the rich. Mark me words. Haba!

1234IKECHhukwu:
Exactly,for example in Enugu,where I stay u'll see single rooms going for 120k,140k,single room O!this is an amount that can comfortably rent a selfcon in some states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by dogood11111: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2019
Yes bro! You have to build a 5000000capacity people contain for a start.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2019
Noel1:

He sought for my advice and not for money

eehh!! I know, but your advice should have hovered withing the confines of his income. you heard his income as his limitation and your advising him to go and rent flat of minimum 200k, you want to give him the money or your providing him job, oh maybe you want to kill him untimely ba?

Guy! if his soul and body is ready for wife he should go ahead even in one room, God knows how he do his things.

I wasted many years before getting married because I was waiting for that dream position, I have to advice myself. "Time wait for no man, but money, flats will always wait for you" my salient advice.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 05, 2019
Offpoint:
yeah, The sex is always extra ordinary.

Abraham got married to Sarah in a hut

Adam was homeless when he married eve.

My great grandpa got married while still living with his father, my grandpa.

as long as there's enough space for bed, get married and pump those kids.

Happy Easter everyone.
this is sarcasm right?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by chukwudi06(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2019
Wait until when you will live in be fitting duplex or a castle. Okay.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by GistFullGround: 11:56am On Jan 05, 2019
[b]Before getting married, I faced a "panel" of Elders of 9 people at my wife's church, who did my marriage counselling.

These are some questions amongst many that were thrown at me;

1. "What do you do for a living?" - I told them

2. "What kind of business?" - I told them

3. "What's the situation of your living condition?" - I told them I live in a 3 Bedroom flat by myself

4. "Do you own a car?" - I told them, yes, not just a car but a Mercedes Benz. They were impressed and I could see some of them giggling

5. One lady now said, "By the way, I see your last name as....... Are you in any way related to the ........s" - I said I am the son of ........... "Oh really, she asked"

6. They asked, "What is your genotype" - I told them I am AA, while my fiance was also AA because both of us did it together just to be sure and confirm for ourselves.

7. They asked, "How often do you have a misunderstanding?" - I told them the truth, "In fact, we had one 2 days ago"

8. They asked, "How often do you cook?" - I told them, "It's a man who wants to live a hungry life that would refuse to cook"

9. Then they asked that I excuse them for about 5 mins and that I would be called back in.

Later I was called back in and I could see them all smiling, and the head said "Congratulations" from the response we have gotten from you, we have come to the conclusion that you are in better stead to take care of our daughter. We do this because we need to establish a solid foundation for our daughters in our church so there won't be financial or otherwise problems in the future.

So many things were said on that day and I still keep them to heart and it is working for me; I have been married for 15 years now.

From that 3 Bedroom flat, I moved into another 3 bedroom flat, which was better, then to the US. While in Naija, I had a Housemaid, I had no problem of where she would stay because there was a room I could give to her. My in-laws always came visiting, and I could also accommodate them without any problem.

I still remember all of them and May God bless those old men and women (may the soul of the departed continue to rest in peace). If I had not taken to their words of wisdom, who knows, maybe I may be divorced by now.

So, OP, don't rush into marriage, strive to be more comfortable and I tell you, God shall bless your hustle and make your wife stand firm with you.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by dogood11111: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2019
No bro! You have to build 5000000capacity people contain to start
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by nkwuocha: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2019
LZAA:

Oh boy as far as na wetin dy just try manage then upgrade
Dm no dy rush life

Oga,Ubochi d'egwu!
That's why I love white people.You see two white couple working in restaurants and with two kids already!Living In a small apartment but clean and cozy.Thats the life!

If he can't afford life in the location he is,change location!He can stay at the outskirts of the city where house is relatively cheap.Make him marry jor!Many people were marry with one room still dry wear NIKE shoes,drink for beer parlour,toast babe still come house make love to their wives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Isoduwa(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2019
nkwuocha:

He should be in a hurry.Time waits for no man.Its tomfoolery to think dreams always come true.There was a time I dreamt to have a yacht,but I have now a car instead.If the yacht eventually happens,my luck!

Be wise to understand that women are unpredictable! Even if you buy her the world,one day during an argument she would remind you Alexender the great died for love!Let the young man manage his life.

You will be the first to say this dude F'up after a year and six months when their matter come back to niaraland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rare But Important Virtues That Can Only Be Found In Village Girls / Introvert Vs Extrovert, Who Will You Date? / Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.