Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? (31899 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by IprintMONEY: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
no bro, you have to build a 10 bedroom flat first.
most of us where raised in 1 room face me i face you and this idiot is here posting rubbish. dont allow me direct thunder to your house o
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by abimic(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
Considering age and look, u can set off with that, but if age is still on your side and your partner, have a time defined goal, hold on a little, diversify, have little business and two streams of income inclusive of salary while your salary comes in constant. When u enter the self contain, depending on your status, no go dey born like fishes o.....oluwamae.. Muah

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Adebowale89(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
depend on where you base. 2 bedroom flat for WHR I stay here is 200k and 150 annually but inside Lagos. a room and palour self con is OK to start, after 1yr you can plan for a better accommodation.

anyone expecting something big to happen before he/she do something big, end up doing nothing at the end

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Olibboy: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
If yhu are ready to marry and yhu know the house rent fee won't be difficult to pay with your salary. yhu can marry now. Food is the main priority.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by mechanics(m): 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:
No bro , you have to build a duplex before you get married bro.
That's not true o.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by mechanics(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2019
It's advisable you get one bedroom flat, that single room won't contain your properties and you know you will entertain visitors and when your wife put to birth, your in-laws will come around and you can't expect them to be uncomfortable.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Isoduwa(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
nkwuocha:

Who gives a 4ck?!
Certainly not me or my sweet little 9 year old son sitting next to me.

You are a new comer In the game so enter house
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by bedspread: 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2019
Mgbadike80:
self con is a restroom with it's own restroom and bathroom.
Then u are good to Go
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by frozen70(f): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

There is no need for this question

Are you getting married to impress your wife or getting married because you are ready for the challenges

Instead of you to chase objects you are chasing shadow
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
selfcon is not dat bad as long as u guys are making plans to move to a bigger space later. dont jus stay dere and be comfortable dere cos when pickins don dey arrive and una still dey selfcon omo wahala don dey o.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by youngfaraday1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
If both of you are comfortable with it, please go ahead with your decision and plan on getting a better apartment later.
I am speaking from experience.
Got married in a self contained in 2011,July same year moved to a 2 bedroom flat, by December 2014 we moved to a 3 bedroom flat and finally on 28th September 2016, we moved to our own house to the Glory of God and a 4 bedroom bungalow all rooms ensuit.
Just plan and rely on the Master Planner, He will make everything beautiful in its time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Xmen149(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

M not married yet, but I think mini flat should be OK for u and wife with one kid maximum.. Above that 2bedroom...

It also depends ur area with the amount ua making.. If lagos I suggest u find a side huzzle to clock ur earning to at least 100k,.. Save 50 for rainy days and projects,.get low cost accommodation on mini flat like 200k,. 30k off ur 100k for ur woman to run the house then 20k to ur self(from which u share to wify too cheesy)....

Also, dnt marry a woman that is relaxed and comfortable with where you are, she must be type that push ,support in every way for u guys to get it better
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by oluwamae(f): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
grin
Which one is born like fish??
Bia is it ur born? undecided

abimic:
Considering age and look, u can set off with that, but if age is still on your side and your partner, have a time defined goal, hold on a little, diversify, have little business and two streams of income inclusive of salary while your salary comes in constant. When u enter the self contain, depending on your status, no go dey born like fishes o.....oluwamae.. Muah
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by hayzed1090: 4:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Grupo:

You are an intelligent man.

If the OP asks his girlfriend now, she is obviously going to say she is content with living with him in a self con. But just give her two months after the marriage, that's when she would change and start giving him trouble. If the OP likes, let him listen to people telling him to go ahead.

First, he earns less than 80k a month. When he gets married, he is going to need nothing less than 60k every month to feed two mouths. Now, after taking out such an amount from his meager salary for feeding, what would be left? Meaning he is going to remain in a self con for many more years.

A better advice for the guy would be to improve his finances before thinking of getting married. If you look closely, the guy might still be under 30, yet he is already considering marriage. I wonder why all of them are rushing?

But they can continue to av sex pending wen the money for a 6bdroom duplex will come ba?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by okk4sure: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
Offpoint:
yeah, The sex is always extra ordinary.
Abraham got married to Sarah in a hut
Adam was homeless when he married eve.
My great grandpa got married while still living with his father, my grandpa.
as long as there's enough space for bed, get married and pump those kids.

Happy Easter everyone.
Lol!
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Raalsalghul: 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
nho4:
Is not a good idea. If you don’t have enough money at the moment to rent a spacious apartment, kindly wait till you are financially buoyant enough.

Marriage is not a do or die affair... marriage is a scam and is highly overrated.

At the bolded, most people don't realize it yet. wink
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Raalsalghul: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2019
MrMcJay:

Getting married in a self con is not the problem. Just ensure you marry a woman who won't ensure you remain in the self con.
Your head dey dere.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Raalsalghul: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
Grupo:

Why do most of you rush and get married? Huh? You earn around 80k and you are already rushing to get married?
Trust me, I understand where you are coming from

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by sommyboi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2019
Can only married men and women advice this dude?

Please all the single and mingling should keep kwayet.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by hayzed1090: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
Princedapace:

Bros, everyone must not reason like u.. what makes marriage more difficult is children.. Many average people get married abroad and plan how to raise kids.

As long as the guy and the lady are earning and are comfortable to settle down, they are free to do so. I dont blame u though, i blame the guy for even bringing stuff like this online..

Money doesnt guarantee shit. That money u think u av made can disappear within few seconds.. My brother, if ur babe is comfortable with ur standard and u are earning salary, fine, go ahead and marry if u both are okay. However, plan ur babies.

Black man and money mentality shaaa.. so, once he makes 'plenty money' his problems are over.. how many people are even earning over 100k in Nigeria of today?

Wat I dnt understand is dis , how many %age of working Nigerian earns above 50k monthly ?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by CreepyBlackpool: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Have they banned ur other account? grin
Which other account?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by hayzed1090: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
Princedapace:

I get your point but pls, dont think everyone must plan his or her life the way u planned it. No one has the same destiny. No one has the same lane as long as life is concerned. Hope u know that some people have been waiting to make this same money and are over 50 without making same money abi?

Hope u know. Bro, if the woman and the man are cool with it, fine. If they can feed, fine, all they need is leave kids. A woman and a man who dont have kids to raise can continue hustle. Marriage doesnt stop one from hustling. In fact there is no difference between when they are dating and married as long as kids dont come in. [b]They just want to make it legal before their creator and everyone else. [/b]I dont see anything wrong with that. Money is good, yes, but if everyone should wait till they make this same money, some people will leave this earth not getting married.

May God bless you. Dose asking him to wait see nothing wrong in fornication
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by somehow: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Were you earning the same income with the OP and does he have the same surname you have?

Your background and his, are they the same?
GistFullGround:
[b]Before getting married, I faced a "panel" of Elders of 9 people at my wife's church, who did my marriage counselling.

These are some questions amongst many that were thrown at me;

1. "What do you do for a living?" - I told them

2. "What kind of business?" - I told them

3. "What's the situation of your living condition?" - I told them I live in a 3 Bedroom flat by myself

4. "Do you own a car?" - I told them, yes, not just a car but a Mercedes Benz. They were impressed and I could see some of them giggling

5. One lady now said, "By the way, I see your last name as....... Are you in any way related to the ........s" - I said I am the son of ........... "Oh really, she asked"

6. They asked, "What is your genotype" - I told them I am AA, while my fiance was also AA because both of us did it together just to be sure and confirm for ourselves.

7. They asked, "How often do you have a misunderstanding?" - I told them the truth, "In fact, we had one 2 days ago"

8. They asked, "How often do you cook?" - I told them, "It's a man who wants to live a hungry life that would refuse to cook"

9. Then they asked that I excuse them for about 5 mins and that I would be called back in.

Later I was called back in and I could see them all smiling, and the head said "Congratulations" from the response we have gotten from you, we have come to the conclusion that you are in better stead to take care of our daughter. We do this because we need to establish a solid foundation for our daughters in our church so there won't be financial or otherwise problems in the future.

So many things were said on that day and I still keep them to heart and it is working for me; I have been married for 15 years now.

From that 3 Bedroom flat, I moved into another 3 bedroom flat, which was better, then to the US. While in Naija, I had a Housemaid, I had no problem of where she would stay because there was a room I could give to her. My in-laws always came visiting, and I could also accommodate them without any problem.

I still remember all of them and May God bless those old men and women (may the soul of the departed continue to rest in peace). If I had not taken to their words of wisdom, who knows, maybe I may be divorced by now.

So, OP, don't rush into marriage, strive to be more comfortable and I tell you, God shall bless your hustle and make your wife stand firm with you.[/b]
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by somehow: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
There's time for everything. A woman getting married at 50 is selfish same with the man because they would have robbed their kids the joy youthful parents give to their children. At that age, they should be preparing to welcome their grand children
Newboss:

And some started poor and ended poor grin

Where una dey rush to? Nobody dey race with una o, so make una chill and make money grin

When you get married, everything gets VERY sophisticated, that's why they use the word "settle down" grin

You must not marry her now. If she's in a hurry, let her go ASAP grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Chizzychinny: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
It's better u get married now than waiting for a better apartment because at the end you might spend the little one you have saved.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
People get married in a single room with public toilet and kitchen and you're asking this? Bros save your money and invest it, stay where you are and get married but make sure you're not having kids for now if you must just 1 for now until you have made some good returns from your investment. Then use that money from your retuns to get a 1 bedroom or 2 in a cheaper location. That's how life works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by awumen: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
I got married in self contained 14 years ago,it all depends on your woman, your focus,plan and determination.we are far far better today but it took a lot of effort,hard work before we got where we are now.so it's possible
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by awoluyi(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2019
No, it's not advisable. Wait till you build Dangote's or Okeowo's type of house before you marry.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:

Which other account?

Ur other account grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Papertrail11(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
amalab30:
Just imagine, it's a different story in Abuja o, in the satellite villages, selfcon is about 120-160k, town na wahala, juss hold your 300k plus. I'm talking town proper not Kubwa ot Jabi dem dem. Where is Nigeria going. One day the poor won't have what to eat buh the rich. Mark me words. Haba!

elrufai didnt make plans for affordable housing all created this illusion its all burgoise city no industries no futuristic Dev just overpriced houses that a large percentage of the population can't afford

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rare But Important Virtues That Can Only Be Found In Village Girls / Introvert Vs Extrovert, Who Will You Date? / Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.