Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

The legitimate concubine. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The legitimate concubine. (23791 Views)

Concubine’s Vengeance (18+) / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Ugosample(m): 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ --- Errrr not quite sure sir, we cannot trust you on this cheesy grin grin grin

Anyway on a more serious note, everything you said is True & Women usually see a post like this as trying to attack their Gender instead of calling a spade what it is. Women usually see a third party coming to take their place hence Polygamy is a problem for Women, not really Men.

The Bible never really condemned polygamy outrightly, I don't know what motives were taking into consideration that made most Men in the Old Testament marry a lot of Women, but your explanations are not far from the truth. Christianity was brought in by the missionaries in 18th century & was only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. So we just accepted everything they told us, even though the Bible did not specifically say those things. Usually when Preachers talk about married couples, they quote Adam & Eve, as Eve was created from Adams Ribs to be his helper, So a Man should/must marry one Wife but they now leave the rest of the old testaments which sounds funny to me. A lot of assumptions here & there about what God said & did.

I always try to ignore saying this in public, not to get attacked by people or perhaps Female folks as I always try not to offend anyone. Men are polygamous by nature, that is why a Man needs a lot of discipline NOT to actually cheat on his Spouse because the Natural mind wants to cheat at all cost & a lot of Women become very furious when you make statements like this. Cheating doesn't Mean the Woman is doing something wrong, Men want to Cheat because they always feel like it. Period.

Oh & yes, Not all Men cheat, the ones who don't have attained a level of discipline & control of their mind.

However polygamy might be a way out, but history has proven that Polygamous homes usually crumble & Wives / Children fight themselves. I rather have a peaceful home with one Wife than the luxury of many wives without peace & long life, so in the end. I stick to Monogamy.

Humans by default are polygamous

But we are not animals

Hence monogamy is the way to go.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:56am On Mar 28, 2019
truthsayer009:

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ --- Errrr not quite sure sir, we cannot trust you on this cheesy grin grin grin

Anyway on a more serious note, everything you said is True & Women usually see a post like this as trying to attack their Gender instead of calling a spade what it is. Women usually see a third party coming to take their place hence Polygamy is a problem for Women, not really Men.

The Bible never really condemned polygamy outrightly, I don't know what motives were taking into consideration that made most Men in the Old Testament marry a lot of Women, but your explanations are not far from the truth. Christianity was brought in by the missionaries in 18th century & was only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. So we just accepted everything they told us, even though the Bible did not specifically say those things. Usually when Preachers talk about married couples, they quote Adam & Eve, as Eve was created from Adams Ribs to be his helper, So a Man should/must marry one Wife but they now leave the rest of the old testaments which sounds funny to me. A lot of assumptions here & there about what God said & did.

I always try to ignore saying this in public, not to get attacked by people or perhaps Female folks as I always try not to offend anyone. Men are polygamous by nature, that is why a Man needs a lot of discipline NOT to actually cheat on his Spouse because the Natural mind wants to cheat at all cost & a lot of Women become very furious when you make statements like this. Cheating doesn't Mean the Woman is doing something wrong, Men want to Cheat because they always feel like it. Period.

Oh & yes, Not all Men cheat, the ones who don't have attained a level of discipline & control of their mind.

However polygamy might be a way out, but history has proven that Polygamous homes usually crumble & Wives / Children fight themselves. I rather have a peaceful home with one Wife than the luxury of many wives without peace & long life, so in the end. I stick to Monogamy.

This is one of the most intelligent comments i have read on nairaland for a long time.

I totally agree with you on that part that ladies hate people who speak the truth about this issue and i am ready to be hated. If i woo them let them decline but i will always say it as it is.

The world is annoying with hypocrisy,many men who will come on this thread to condemn this write up are most likely guilty of sleeping around whilst me the writer can boast of sexual faithfulness to one lady..how strange.

But does the fact THAT I CHOSE monogamy makes polygamy a sin? HELL NO...Its a choice and if i find any reason to have another woman in my life i will do so with no explanation to anyone except GOD.

GOD BLESS YOU for your intelligent comment.

I hope lalasticlala puts his on front page tonight cos its long over due.I weep inside when i see these ignorant pastors crash over infidelity when they could have easily married another woman legitimately and keep their name and ministry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by andyanders: 10:32am On Mar 28, 2019
ImaIma1:
Having a concubine whether legal or illegal is adultery still... from whichever side it is viewed from

This legal concubine idea is flawed because most men that cannot stick to one wife will not stick to one concubine. If they can have one, why not two or three? So they end up having 5 "legal" concubines.

I think the days are already here where people develop their own truth based on what appeals to them and how they choose to view life. However I don't think impressionable and susceptible minds should be exposed to such unvalidated ideas

On point my sister. Bible is a knife with two edges. Even satan has bible verses to buttress his points. The writer has some point though but by encouraging men of God or other people to have concubines is not Christlike.

Every woman has emotion and once a man start having an extra moral life style with another woman to the knowledge of his wife, the woman's life will be shattered. Whether she starts having extra moral affairs or not, her life can never be the same.

Op surely made some points, as most life people live now are centered on his write up.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
andyanders:

On point my sister. Bible is a knife with two edges. Even satan has bible verses to buttress his points. The writer has some point though but by encouraging men of God or other people to have concubines is not Christlike.

Every woman has emotion and once a man start having an extra moral life style with another woman to the knowledge of his wife, the woman's life will be shattered. Whether she starts having extra moral affairs or not, her life can never be the same.

Op surely made some points, as most life people live now are centered on his write up.

Just to set the tables straight.

I'm not encouraging anyone and this statement if yours is the reason for the crazy hypocrisy we have today.

Pastors can't preach this cos they don't want to lose members and it is understandable that many ladies will not like this but that is not my business to worry about.

My write up is aimed at pointing out the fact behind polygamy in relation to men in general.

Only an objective and mature lady wi l see sense in this.

Emotions can not change facts. If your hubby decides to marry another lady at al cost you either accept or leave the marriage but if you are lucky to have a man that sticks to you alone without secretly having side chics everywhere then good for you.

The most bizarre twist is that many ladies will prefer their husbands to have side chics rather than marry a second lady so the question is WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by andyanders: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
Toks2008:

Just to set the tables straight.

I'm not encouraging anyone and this statement if yours is the reason for the crazy hypocrisy we have today.

Pastors can't preach this cos they don't want to lose members and it is understandable that many ladies will not like this but that is not my business to worry about.

My write up is aimed at pointing out the fact behind polygamy in relation to men in general.

Only an objective and mature lady wi l see sense in this.

Emotions can not change facts. If your hubby decides to marry another lady at al cost you either accept or leave the marriage but if you are lucky to have a man that sticks to you alone without secretly having side chics everywhere then good for you.

The most bizarre twist is that many ladies will prefer their husbands to have side chics rather than marry a second lady so the question is WHO IS FOOLING WHO?

Your write up is surely ok, I am not saying otherwise. Very mature write up, but it depends on individuals and their believe. Be you a pastor, an Alpha or whatever, you are on your own. Good write up and I love your expression of your views.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2019
andyanders:

Your write up is surely ok, I am not saying otherwise. Very mature write up, but it depends on individuals and their believe. Be you a pastor, an Alpha or whatever, you are on your own. Good write up and I love your expression of your views.

Perfect. All man to his choice regardless.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
Lalasticlala I guess this thread is insightful for front page.

I'm Fed up seeing our pastors falling into the pit of hypocrisy.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by ednut1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
Any pastor that cannot control his dick is fake. Ie iginla, suleman, oyakilome. Why are pple like oyedepo , kumuyi and adeboye into this pussy game
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
Any pastor that cannot control his dick is fake. Ie iginla, suleman, oyakilome. Why are pple like oyedepo , kumuyi and adeboye into this pussy game

Not all men are monogamous... pastor or no pastor.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ednut1(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Toks2008:

Not all men are monogamous... pastor or no pastor.
same for women. As usual u wont agree
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
same for women. As usual u wont agree

Abeg remain for lane.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by ednut1(m): 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2019
Toks2008:

Abeg remain for lane.
expected
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
expected

As you wan start another topic all together.

Any woman wey decide to marry many husbands at the same time nah her choice so that one nah digression.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
Lalasticlala there is no better time to put this on front page with the trending Regina Daniels story.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Westsida: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
prettysassygirl:
And I had high regard for this man before,thought he was sensible,see how he has successfully twisted the word of God trying to justify his lustful desire, if you want to have plenty concubine toks, go and have ,no one is stopping u,stop trying to drag along other men with you ,you think because you posted it,it is right abi? You just fall my hand sha.

You cum Dey parapara like this
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Jkt001(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Wettin happen?

Hope you read well.

Polygamy IS PERMISSIBLE BY GOD even if it was not the original plan and the fact that i was permitted expunges it from a sinful act.

Polygamy or Bigamy though not the original plan is permitted by GOD and we saw many references in the bible. GOD even gave a guideline for men to handle polygamy very well. If polygamy or Bigamy was forbidden by GOD I'm certain it will be sated clearly and he will never give any form of guideline...and please don't give me that talks of...''its old testament'' The bible is one holistic scripture.

Exodus 21:10;If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17; “If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the first fruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his. 

What many Christians quote is just logic about GOD making one woman for Adam and as I wrote, polygamy was not the original plan but GOD permitted it because women were rendered single for long due to several factors and no woman deserves to be single.

Polygamy or bigamy though very complex and inadvisable does not translate to sin and it is the choice of every man to be either monogamous or polygamous.

The devil has destroyed many churches because of this erroneous doctrine of monogamy and its time someone preached the truth.

Monogamy was clearly God's intent Genesis 2:22-24, the picture blurs pretty quickly after Adam and Eve's Genesis 3 and expulsion from the Garden. By Genesis 4, you have Cain's son Lamech taking two wives.

The patriarchs Genesis 16:3and Genesis 29:16-30themselves had multiple wives and concubines. Technically, the practice was polygyny. In other words, men could have more than one wife, but not the other way around (polyandry). 

Moses had two wives as well. The Mosaic Law likewise accommodated the practice of marrying more than one wife, including captured prisoners from foreign conquests (Deuteronomy 21:1-17).

It also made provisions for continuing the family line by marrying a brother's wife if he died without producing heirs (Deuteronomy 25:5-12).

And the stories keep coming: Gideon, one of Israel's champions, had many wives; Elkanah, a presumably godly man and the father of Samuel, had two wives. 

You're Spiritually Blind.......

That Solomon had over 300wives and 700concubines now tells you to do the same....

We're now operating majorly under the New testament dispensation.....Everything u find in the Old testament are only there to serve as precaution and lessons for us...

I want to believe you still give Sheep or rams to ur Pastor or Priest for atonement of your sins everyday...

You'd better Repent and come into the true knowledge of the light...If not, Eternal judgement is inevitable...
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Lol the only married man I’ve ever been involved with came to me as a single man

When I suspected and blocked him he called me names said I was mad and imagining things and a crack head he found me on Facebook I forgave everything even his marriage to someone he just met well it crashed i forgot to say he even mocked me in the mutual hangout we used to go to singing whizkid fine lady lol

I always maintain he’s the love of my life sha though he confused me and insulted me a lot of my personal growth and maturity as a woman came because I was willing to love even with the lies

Men grin

I edited it out
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Westsida: 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
I don’t even understand what’s going on here. angry
Re: The legitimate concubine. by mercy87(f): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
The days of ignorance God overlooked but now has clearly called all men to repent. Is there no believer to correct the errors in this writeup with scriptural references?
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Chimaokigwe: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
Regina don suffer for una hands o.
Chai.

If you guys want laugh, go to Instablog9ja and read the comments on the pic of her and her ancestor she married. She has been uselesssd.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Chimaokigwe: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
mercy87:
The days of ignorance God overlooked but now has clearly called all men to repent. Is there no believer to correct the errors in this writeup with scriptural references?

Lead front na, we dey your back.

Abi you no be believer?

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by darkelf: 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
ImaIma1:

The truth is one. Some people just decide to have variations of the truth.

Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person that is not their spouse. So whether or not the person is married is not the issue as long as it is not the spouse.

Your definition of adultery is your own variation of the truth that you have chosen to adopt. That doesn't make it true.

Polygamy is like living in adultery on a daily basis. And polygamy doesn't curb adultery. Or how do people end up marrying the third, fourth and fifth wives?

Everyone has a right to live their lives the way they see fit. After all, we are all answerable to our maker individually. But no one should try to enforce a tainted truth as the truth.

If you want to be polygamous and adulterous or to have a"legal concubine" due to lack of self control or extreme love for pleasure, don't try to drag everyone along by enforcing your own version of "truth". Don't try to get validation. Believe in your truth and live with it.

So, Solomon, David et al were living adulterous lives?

I don't agree
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2019
Jkt001:

You're Spiritually Blind.......

That Solomon had over 300wives and 700concubines now tells you to do the same....

We're now operating majorly under the New testament dispensation.....Everything u find in the Old testament are only there to serve as precaution and lessons for us...

I want to believe you still give Sheep or rams to ur Pastor or Priest for atonement of your sins everyday...

You'd better Repent and come into the true knowledge of the light...If not, Eternal judgement is inevitable...

Mathew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Stop posting nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Jkt001(m): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
If God knew man would need more than a woman to serve as an helper, He would have created 3-5 women for Adam....But he created A man and a woman....BUT because of the disobedience spirit in man...because of the hardness of heart....because of the rebellion spirit that dwells in man,he began taking in more than a wife for himself....

The same disobedience spirit that dwells in man from creation is still in action...We all know Fornication and Adultery is a sin...If yes...Then why do most people engage in it....Disobedience spirit.....

Lying is a sin....as little as it's....why do people find it difficult to adhere to telling the Truth.....the only answer is disobedience spirit....

So please...don't prove ur points with Old testaments as it's written by inspiration to serve as precautions and lessons for us....

Lastly....Why do people divorce today and still back it up with the scriptures when it's boldly written in Matthew19:6...WHEREFORE THEY ARE NO MORE TWAIN(TWO) BUT ONE FLESH.WHAT THEREFORE GOD HATH JOINED TOGETHER,LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER....

Verse 7....THEY SAY UNTO HIM,WHY DID MOSES THEN COMMAND TO GIVE A WRITING OF DIVORCEMENT,AND TO PUT HER AWAY??

Verse 8....HE SAITH UNTO THEM, MOSES BECAUSE OF THE HARDNESS OF YOUR HEARTS SUFFERED(ALLOWED) YOU TO PUT AWAY YOUR WIVES:BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO....

It's the truth that people will always find one verse of the scriptures to prove their wrongdoings....all because of the Hardness of their Hearts.....

ONE MAN....ONE WOMAN.....THAT WAS HOW GOD CREATED MAN...BUT BECAUSE OF THE HARDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS,THEY DISOBEYED AND STARTED TAKING IN MORE WIVES.....
Re: The legitimate concubine. by chinchonglee(m): 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
funmisticqueen:
some ladydumped you right?
I think he made sense...

Do u remember me grin
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Jkt001(m): 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
darkelf:

So, Solomon, David et al were living adulterous lives?
I don't agree

What did David commited with Bathsheba...the wife of Uriah....
Don't u know u can't interpret the scriptures with mere human knowledge....
Re: The legitimate concubine. by darkelf: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
Jkt001:

What did David commited with Bathsheba...the wife of Uriah....

Don't u know u can't interpret the scriptures with mere human knowledge....

David had other wives before fuc'ing beth.

So did Solomon; 700 wives and 300 concubines. Yet, he was the wisest and richest ever.

What of Jacob?

Do you think i'm saying all these things because I like polygamy? No

it brings too much problems and I'm an impatient and temperamental person. I will do away with any bitch before she gives me bp

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by darkelf: 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
hireet:
I have seen and heard so many.what somepple portray in social media is the exact opposite of what their life look like.they come here and form saint while in the world they are something else.if u av all u wish for dont condemn others.a lot of pple are living a life they never bargained for and it does not mean they are useless

Sister, you're very factual.

Very rare among naija ladies.

I duff hat for you

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Jkt001(m): 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Mathew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Stop posting nonsense.

What's the Law Christ was talking about here....isn't it the Commandments sent through Moses and some other laws...

Was there anywhere God told Man to marry as much as possible...

In Matt5:19....WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS,AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO,HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN:BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL DO AND TEACH THEM,THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.....

That Solomon had many wives,which led him away from God doesn't mean you should also tread in his footsteps....

That David commited adultery with Bathsheba doesn't mean you should also do the same....

This is New testament dispensation...where we don't need any priest to sacrifice ram or sheeps for the atonement of sins...

This is new testament where God wouldn't strike anyone dead as a result of sin,no matter how little it might be....If it were to be so....u sure know that you and I may not be alive no more....

This is a dispensation of Grace and Mercy but unfortunately people had taken it for granted....

So I tell u my Brother....Polygamy is a NO NO right from creation
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
Jkt001:

What's the Law Christ was talking about here....isn't it the Commandments sent through Moses and some other laws...

Was there anywhere God told Man to marry as much as possible...

In Matt5:19....WHOSOEVER THEREFORE SHALL BREAK ONE OF THESE LEAST COMMANDMENTS,AND SHALL TEACH MEN SO,HE SHALL BE CALLED THE LEAST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN:BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL DO AND TEACH THEM,THE SAME SHALL BE CALLED GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.....

That Solomon had many wives,which led him away from God doesn't mean you should also tread in his footsteps....

That David commited adultery with Bathsheba doesn't mean you should also do the same....

This is New testament dispensation...where we don't need any priest to sacrifice ram or sheeps for the atonement of sins...

This is new testament where God wouldn't strike anyone dead as a result of sin,no matter how little it might be....If it were to be so....u sure know that you and I may not be alive no more....

This is a dispensation of Grace and Mercy but unfortunately people had taken it for granted....

So I tell u my Brother....Polygamy is a NO NO right from creation

If I argue this matter with you further make I sleep this night.

Continue ranting in ignorance...im out.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by darkelf: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
ednut1:

How do you know they don't shag women on the side?

Are you with them morning till night?

they just might be so good at covering their tracks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If On Your Wedding Day, You Discover Your Spouse Lied About His/Her Job? / Why Do They All Want To Come Back After Leaving? / Why Would A Guy BLEACH ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.