Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

The legitimate concubine. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The legitimate concubine. (23788 Views)

Concubine’s Vengeance (18+) / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Mindlesskid: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2019
Toks2008:

No pun intended but you are beginning to sound lame. I am a prolific writer and i do realistic stuffs so if you have nothing to contribute to the topic of discussion maybe you should let others do whilst you read comments. This is not about supporting or opposing anything but stating the reality.

Thanks

It's a simply question, why are you beating about the bush and typing plenty grammar. Do you have one? Yes or No, Simple.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Mindlesskid: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2019
Toks2008:
It can be hard to be very realistic but someone must come out with the truth. Most married ladies who get angry with this should pray never to be in a situation that will make them accept this stark reality.

The fact that the situation surrounding this makes it look right to have a legitimate concubine according to you, does not make it right. If this is right then, a thief that steals because he is hungry or broke should not be arrested or beaten or spoken ill against because life pushed him/her to do so. Your writing is based on sentiment, sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2019
xyz123456:

Men like @Ugosample probably have not been married, so they have very little experience..... In USA that practices monogamy, thy have up to 50% divorce rate
80% or more bro...and the saddest twist is that most of the divorced ladies have mental illness..(Depression) as a result of loneliness.

A lady friend in U K called me recently and she was just crying... I asked her what the problem is and she said she needs a man.

I told her point blank...."GO BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND"

She left her husband cos of another lady and whilst the guy has moved on, she is dying of depression.

It's not worth leaving a man who still wants you just because he marries another lady cos no guaranty that you will get another man who won't do worse.

As long as your husband still wants you please stay put.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2019
Mindlesskid:

The fact that the situation surrounding this makes it look right to have a legitimate concubine according to you, does not make it right. If this is right then, a thief that steals because he is hungry or broke should not be arrested or beaten or spoken ill against because life pushed him/her to do so. Your writing is based on sentiment, sorry to say.

If I say I should ignore some funny comments it will look as if I don't want to discuss the matter but your comment is so funny.

To juxtapose a criminal act such as stealing to polygamy is very laughable.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2019
seunayantokun:
Toks, I like the isuue you threw up this morning. Look at this post quoted below and respond to it. God bless you.

There is nothing to respond to cos he agreed with me in the last paragraph and I have reiterated same times and over again in my series of comments.

FOR SEVERAL REASONS, GOD PERMITTED IT BUT WAS NOT SO FROM THE BEGINNING.

If GOD permits it then anyone who still calls it a sin is confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:24am On Apr 28, 2019
kingviny:
When a real woman has exercised her right to choose her husband and she has done so following her intuition and not her callous intellect , and she supports and loves her husband totally, there will certainly be no need for a
side chick/concubine/mistress/backup wife etc.

A real woman will choose a good man as guided by her intuition which is never wrong.

A real woman will nurture her good man to economic success hence there will be less fights due to lack.

A real woman will attend to the core needs of her man (respect, affection, support and great sex)

And then, a successful, happy and fulfilled man all thanks to this wonderful real woman must then be crazy if he decides to toy with the "good thing" that has helped him to obtain favour from the lord if he start fornicating. What else is he looking for ?

But when this is not the case abinitio, then from a logical standpoint, Toks' advocacy kind of makes sense. Nature abhors lacuna, whatever is missing in a relationship will secretly or openly be indulged in.

All women should work on themselves to become real women as defined above (not turning to an SU ooo) and then, we will see a better and decent society.

There is nothing a woman can do that can keep a man to herself except a man who wants to be with just her.. Absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by focus7: 5:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
Toks2008:
Titi, a young beautiful lady has vowed never to share her man with any lady and at 27,she got married to her prince charming who gave her all the love and faithfulness beyond her wildest dreams. But unfortunately at the age of 36,she lost her husband to a terrible accident and she was left as a widow who has to cater for her 2 kids but no serious single guy wants her except countless married men who want her as a legit concubine.

Caroline's case is an interesting one...she has been so unfortunate in the hands of single guys and at 38 and still single,every single guy she meets just want to have a taste of her pudding whilst the married men have promised to make her a concubine and take good care of her emotionally and materially.

Faith is a never married single mum who have given up on single guys because most of them just don't want to be with a single mum and the more she tries to look away from married men,the more difficult it is for her to get a serious minded single guy.

Ngozi with her two children were thrown out of her matrimonial home by her husband because she was accused of bringing bad luck to him and at the young age of 30,she kept her hope alive that she will find love again and have made up her mind to do away with married men but now at 40,she has not found any decent single guy but Alhaji Danladi has promised to take good care of her and her kids if only she will agree to be his concubine.

And what about Regina,a very beautiful 19year old girl with a bright future but from a not so rich background...luckily for her,she meets a married man old enough to be her father who is ready to sponsor her academic career, change her life and that of her entire family only she will agree to be his legitimate concubine.

All these aforementioned situations have forced many ladies to seek solace in the hands of married men and as you read this,there are several single ladies having a swell time with married men but many young ladies will never agree to this until they find themselves in any of these situations before the reality dawns on them and as i always tell people..."Never say it can never happen to me cos life has a way of proving people wrong"

What does the word legitimate concubine mean?
A Legitimate Concubine is a woman who is also married to the man(Secondary wife),has rights as a wife but of a lower status to the Principal spouse so the position of the main spouse and her child(ren) is never replaced which means a man can have Just one Main wife and can also decide to have a legitimate concubine or concubines IF HE DESIRES.

Below are some facts i want everyone to understand

I.A married man having concubines is an age long practice even in the biblical days “I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where prophets and preachers prayed for single ladies to get married. The Bible men had several legitimate concubines and every lady had a husband,” Yes it may not be the Original plan of GOD but he permitted it. The Bible has only come out strongly to condemn adultery, which is taking another man’s wife or a married person sleeping with someone he/she is not married to. Which means if the man marries another lady the proper way,she becomes a legitimate spouse and there will be no case of adultery.

2.Better than a man keeping mistresses or a lady becoming a mere mistress of a married man;
In my opinion,no lady should stoop so low to be a mere mistress to a married man that will be used and tossed aside like a piece of pad but it is very ok if he decides to make her his legitimate concubine..GOD is not against it and as far as the Bible is concerned, the number of wives or concubines that one has does not matter and is not a standard for righteousness.

3.Pastors and general overseers can have concubines if they so desire:
Many pastors and General overseers have been destroyed because they got involved in adultery. This never ending menace is bringing so much ridicule to the Christendom and many ignorant people are always fast to call Christianity a scam. Whilst i totally agree that adultery is a sin,i will blame these ignorant pastors or general overseers for their own downfall because they try to box themselves in the heresy of ''POLYGAMY IS A SIN'' whilst they continuously get involved in sexual acts with another woman secretly.

1 Timothy 3:2 states ''An overseer must have a good reputation and be faithful in marriage. They must be self-controlled, sensible, well-behaved, friendly to strangers, and able to teach''....some translations use the phrase(Husband of one wife) and many people take this to mean it is a sin for a pastor or G.O to have more than one wife but many Theologians have agreed that this Bible portion was simply instructing Pastors and G.O to avoid adultery and a man marrying more than one wife is clearly not adultery...it is sleeping with another woman you are not married to that constitutes the act of adultery.

Shall we say it is ok for a man who has more than one wife to divorce extra wives because he wants to be a pastor or General overseer? will this not be a sin in itself? or should I turn down the call of GOD to be a pastor or G.O because I have more than one wife?

4.It is the viable hope of many ladies in need of a man in their lives:
There are some women whose answers to a life partner rests on becoming a concubine rather than for them to be used as intimacy tool in the hands of randy men or never married single men.

5.It is not for every man:
Not all men are cut out for this cos of its a complicated way of life and it is advisable that men should stick with their principal spouse and only have concubines if they are financially,psychologically and and emotionally ready for it.

6.It helps stabilize the marital institution:
We have seen situations where man dumps his wife because she is opposed to his decision to get a concubine and at the end of the day,the wife packs out just to be the concubine of another married man. In the western world,divorce is on the rise because the western ideology does not accept this age long viable practice which has turned many women in the western world to depressed divorcees and single mothers.

7.The fact that the missionaries, who mostly came from Rome, began to preach against the act does not mean that this is what the Bible teaches. “It is unfortunate for the Church that today, when our dear brothers and sisters attend theological schools, they are fed with so much gentile-tilted theology that upon graduation, they are well equipped to vigorously convince the world to buy into the Roman immigration of Christianity that suggests that it is a sin for man to marry more than one woman.

8.This practice is not about men needing many wives: but it’s about women needing husbands and to save a generation of women who are ageing without husbands...No woman deserves to be without a husband”

9.It reduces immorality: Many ladies and men are psychologically boxed to think it is a sin to marry more than one woman or for a woman to marry an already married man but nevertheless,adultery thrives but if every man in need of another wife tows the path of having a legitimate concubine and every woman who wants to be with a married man becomes his legitimate concubine,the immoral act of adultery will be reduced. If pastors also tow this path,there will be less cases of pastors getting caught in the act of adultery and ministries collapsing as a result of this avoidable act.

This thread is not about promoting polygamy but a realistic one aimed at bringing sanity into the 21st century matrimony...for women who are always quick to run out of their marriages because their husbands have eyes for another woman.Monogamy is not a must and polygamy is not for every man but a choice. If you leave your marriage because of a concubine then you must be ready in most cases to be an intimacy gadget in the hands of randy men or become the concubine of another married man.

I hope this makes sense

Mr B this is Mr D. Such a long time, nawa for you you o. We n to go talk for real, i will pm your email.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
focus7:

Mr B this is Mr D. Such a long time, nawa for you you o. We n to go talk for real, i will pm your email.

Oluwa o... I dey loyal sir.

I sent a message to your Facebook messenger but no response.

Olakoredey@gmail is my email

Please send me your contact.

Thanks sir.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Cwhyte(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2019
@toks2008 what do you say to this

1 Corinthians 7 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Directions concerning Marriage

7 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote. It is well for a man not to touch a woman. 2 But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does; likewise the husband does not rule over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not refuse one another except perhaps by agreement for a season, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, lest Satan tempt you through lack of self-control. 6 I say this by way of concession, not of command. 7 I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own special gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.

8 To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. 9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion.

10 To the married I give charge, not I but the Lord, that the wife should not separate from her husband 11 (but if she does, let her remain single or else be reconciled to her husband)—and that the husband should not divorce his wife.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by focus7: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Toks2008:

Oluwa o... I dey loyal sir.

I sent a message to your Facebook messenger but no response.

Olakoredey@gmail is my email

Please send me your contact.

Thanks sir.

Good to hear from you man, have really missed you.

I have about four Facebook account maybe you sent to the one am not regular with

godwind753@gmail.com is my email
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 12:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Cwhyte:
@toks2008 what do you say to this

1 Corinthians 7 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Directions concerning Marriage

7 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote. It is well for a man not to touch a woman. 2 But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does; likewise the husband does not rule over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not refuse one another except perhaps by agreement for a season, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, lest Satan tempt you through lack of self-control. 6 I say this by way of concession, not of command. 7 I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own special gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.

8 To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. 9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion.

10 To the married I give charge, not I but the Lord, that the wife should not separate from her husband 11 (but if she does, let her remain single or else be reconciled to her husband)—and that the husband should not divorce his wife.

It is explicit enough.

Marriage is represented in singular but the question is can a man establish a singular union with more than one woman?, the answer is yes.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by boyjo: 6:10am On Apr 29, 2019
God says when your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light. This is exactly what He was trying to keep us from; corruption!

This blasphemy you have written is what you can only give when you read not just the Bible but Koran, that of the Hindus, Idol Worshippers, Amorc, name the rest etc etc, a message that is not Scriptural but carnal, that makes sense to the brain but not of The Spirit, a message that soothes your hearing but is not the truth.

Well done o for leading the gullible astray.
Mr I-don`t-practice-what-I -preach.

When Jesus said that from the very beginning God made them one man and one wife, you were blind abi?

Kontinu...you don`t want to enter heaven, you don`t want to allow those who want to enter,enter.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Efegoma(m): 7:22am On Apr 29, 2019
I like this your write up. Let the truth be told. I pray earnestly for the blesses of Solomon God should give me the strength and wisdom of Solomon. I like them many. 300 hundred wives and 700 hundred concubines. Please all women should understand the design of man. Even the Bride has many wives as it is written.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by HeyCorleone(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2019
Toks2008:

And by your reckoning you just made sense abi... So the bible is now 2...i pity you.

People have used the Bible to support murder, kidnapping, rape, et al. So nothing makes it special if you use it to support your opinion on polygamy. It doesn't mean you're right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If On Your Wedding Day, You Discover Your Spouse Lied About His/Her Job? / Why Do They All Want To Come Back After Leaving? / Why Would A Guy BLEACH ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.