Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

The legitimate concubine. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The legitimate concubine. (23811 Views)

Concubine’s Vengeance (18+) / Is It A Sin To Have A Concubine? / Leave My Concubine Alone Wife Said As Hubby Catches Her Half Naked In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

I am a Bible believing holy ghost filled heaven bound believer in Christ --- Errrr not quite sure sir, we cannot trust you on this cheesy grin grin grin

Anyway on a more serious note, everything you said is True & Women usually see a post like this as trying to attack their Gender instead of calling a spade what it is. Women usually see a third party coming to take their place hence Polygamy is a problem for Women, not really Men.

The Bible never really condemned polygamy outrightly, I don't know what motives were taking into consideration that made most Men in the Old Testament marry a lot of Women, but your explanations are not far from the truth. Christianity was brought in by the missionaries in 18th century & was only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. So we just accepted everything they told us, even though the Bible did not specifically say those things. Usually when a Preachers talk about married couples, they quote Adam & Eve, as Eve was created from Adams Ribs to be his helper, So a Man should/must marry one Wife but they now leave the rest of the old testaments which sounds funny to me. A lot of assumptions here & there about what God said & did.

I always try to ignore saying this in public, not to get attacked by people or perhaps Female folks as I always try not to offend anyone. Men are polygamous by nature, that is why a Man needs a lot of discipline NOT to actually cheat on his Spouse because the Natural mind wants to cheat at all cost & a lot of Women become very furious when you make statements like this. Cheating doesn't Mean the Woman is doing something wrong, Men want to Cheat because they always feel like it. Period.

However polygamy might be a way out, but history has proven that Polygamous homes usually crumble & Wives / Children fight themselves.

I rather have a peaceful home with one Wife than the luxury of many wives without peace & long life, so in the end. I stick to Monogamy.

Nice submittion.

Well it is not about what I hate or like but it is about speaking the truth against all odds not minding been the most hated by immature ladies on nairaland.

Many men prefer monogamous marriage but will gladly keep mistresses.

Nevertheless you can also have ONE WIFE and concubine/s cos a concubine does not take the place of a wife,they are not same status but are both married to the man legitimately.

Ladies who threaten brimstone over their hubby's decision to have a concubine usually end up as another man's concubine after they leave their marriage so it's high time somebody preached the truth and I'm willing to do that.

The most annoying hypocritical twist is that many ladies who will wail on this thread are either dating a married man right now or has at a time done so..

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

Many men prefer monogamous marriage but will gladly keep mistresses.

Nevertheless you can also have ONE WIFE and concubine/s cos a concubine does not take the place of a wife,they are not same status but are both married to the man legitimately.

Ladies who threaten brimstone over their hubby's decision to have a concubine usually end up as another man's concubine after they leave their marriage so it's high time somebody preached the truth and I'm willing to do that.

Well, I do not know about keeping Mistresses. The 10 commandment Rule of fornication clearly goes against that. So I rather just stick to one Woman and never keep concubines since the Law of God doesn't support according to evidence. Sleeping with a Woman who is not your Wife is a Sin according to the commandments.

What I am worried about is how Solomon kept concubines without honouring those rules. Or did God just waive it for him unto say na him be King?
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

The most annoying hypocritical twist is that many ladies who will wail on this thread are either dating a married man right now or has at a time done so..

Why do I have a feeling it's Saffi you are referring to Lmao. Both of you deserve each other cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Well, I do not know about keeping Mistresses. The 10 commandment Rule of fornication clearly goes against that. So I rather just stick to one Woman and never keep concubines since the Law of God doesn't support according to evidence. Sleeping with a Woman who is not your Wife is a Sin according to the commandments.

What I am worried about is how Solomon kept concubines without honouring those rules. Or did God just waive it for him unto say na him be King?

You keep getting it twisted. A concubine you marry becomes a legit one so to speak becomes your wife even if she won't have the same status as your principal wife.

Also understand the fact that I'm not encouraging or discouraging any man as regards monogamy or polygamy but I'm just keeping it real. Even if you want to stay unmarried it is allowed.

Lastly, I'm not addressing my post to saffi or anyone neither do we fit in anyway...i am a sapiosexual and she does not strike me like an intelligent lady cos of her choice of words. I'm only attracted to intelligent ladies.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

You keep getting it twisted. A concubine you marry becomes a legit one so to speak becomes your wife even if she won't have the same status as your principal wife.

Also understand the fact that I'm not encouraging or discouraging any man as regards monogamy or polygamy but I'm just keeping it real. Even if you want to stay unmarried it is allowed.

Lastly, I'm not addressing my post to saffi or anyone neither do we fit in anyway...i am a sapiosexual and she does not strike me like an intelligent lady cos of her choice of words. I'm only attracted to intelligent ladies.

Osheyyyy sapiosexual Daddy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeggi both of you deserve each other jare. Case Closed.

I understand what you wrote clearly & I still disagree on this particular one, We can always agree to disagree on some opinions, So no problem. Let's just leave it here. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by 12hgf: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2019
I suggest some people like to follow Arabic traditions. These traditions came from the East to have a couple of women simultaneously.
From my side there can be different explanations to this:

1. The method of expression;
2. The desire to overcome man's uncertainty.

I agree fully that it is not healthy and susceptible for the modern western world to accept such kind of behavior and distorted view on personal life. The woman should be respected and not to be on the second place for anybody, except you are living in Arabic world.

ImaIma1:
Having a concubine whether legal or illegal is adultery still... from whichever side it is viewed from

This legal concubine idea is flawed because most men that cannot stick to one wife will not stick to one concubine. If they can have one, why not two or three? So they end up having 5 "legal" concubines.

I think the days are already here where people develop their own truth based on what appeals to them and how they choose to view life. However I don't think impressionable and susceptible minds should be exposed to such unvalidated ideas
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
12hgf:

I suggest some people like to follow Arabic traditions. These traditions came from the East to have a couple of women simultaneously.

I agree fully that it is not healthy and susceptible for the modern western world to accept such kind of behavior and distorted view on personal life. The woman should be respected and not to be on the second place for anybody, except you are living in Arabic world.

You mean Arabic World exclusive practice marrying more than a wife?!

Jews do the same till date. Africans do till date. Asians do till date. Which has been imbeded in their culture since primordial. My point is, it's not exclusively an Arab thing. Roman life style which is the typical model of this so called modern world have men married mainly to one wife and with plenty other mistresses who the keep for sexual gratification.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by goldman777: 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=Toks2008 post=74843145]

By having a legit marriage..Simple..rather than have mistresses upandan that is not only sinful but very unhealthy,money gulping and totally irresponsible.[/quote
You mean marrying two or more women in the church
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Nice one
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

grin grin grin You just finished my dear Saffi

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=goldman777 post=74857930][/quote]

Yes.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Raalsalghul: 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
GODPUNISHUNA:

grin grin grin You just finished my dear SAFFI
That is ehn. Dude did it subtly.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
Toks2008:

Na true you are not addressing your post to saffi grin toks baba # bolded nko?! Na to Sunita u dey address am too ni cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
WORDWORLD:

Na true you are not addressing your post to saffi grin toks baba # bolded nko?! Na to Sunita u dey address am too ni cheesy

All of you are trouble makers..
Re: The legitimate concubine. by MissJoy29(f): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2019
goldman777:
My only question here is that how do you legalize a concubine for Christ sakes smiley
That's where I'm confused too.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by MissJoy29(f): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
@Op, if I get you right, your idea of a LEGITIMATE CONCUBINE(which is btw, an oxymoron) is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc wife to a married man, correct?

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 18, 2019
Toks2008:

All of you are trouble makers..
grin
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
MissJoy29:
@Op, if I get you right, your idea of a LEGITIMATE CONCUBINE(which is btw, an oxymoron) is a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc wife to a married man, correct?

Do you know the meaning of oxymoron?

There is no figure of speech or any contradictory case here.

A wife and a legit concubine are both married to the man legitimately but the second,third...women do not have the same right as the wife.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2019
goldman777:
My only question here is that how do you legalize a concubine for Christ sakes smiley

You only legalize an illegality.

The act of a man having concubines was never at anytime seen as an illegal act.

No where in the bible that outrightly condemns it but pastors don't preach it because they don't want to lose their female members.

4 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
Lalasticlala I guess you should meticulously go through this and beam it for the world to see.

The Devil has destroyed and still destroying many marriages today cos of the lies many women believe today.

I'm not promoting polygamy but someone must drum out the truth to the world.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by MissJoy29(f): 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Do you know the meaning of oxymoron?

There is no figure of speech or any contradictory case here.

A wife and a legit concubine are both married to the man legitimately but the second,third...women do not have the same right as the wife.
Do YOU know the meaning of oxymoron?

I still maintain that you are contradicting yourself. If the legit concubine won't be addressed as 2nd, 3rd, 4th wife etc as the case may be, what then will she be addressed as seeing as the man already has a legitimate wife?

3 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Toks2008(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lalasticlala this is very important for ladies to see and be prepared IF AND ONLY IF they find themselves married to aman who wants a concubine cos not every man desires it.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by ImaIma1(f): 7:54am On Jan 22, 2019
12hgf:

The post says a lot about how the poster views women
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Eberechi24(f): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2019
What will be the wife's plan while the husband will be campaigning for concubines?
Probably fasting and praying for the husband's reckless lifestyle.

Don't wake monster that will kill you.

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ministerblessed: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
Is the God of the old testament different from the one in the new testament.
ifyan:
Mr Toks2008 this your right up is wrong and please stop twisting the Bible for your own gain.

Remember the Bible is divided into two parts. Old and New testaments and as a Christian which you claim you are ( Christ like) follow his teaching dully.

Though l .....

1 Like

Re: The legitimate concubine. by ifyan(m): 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
ministerblessed:
Is the God of the old testament different from the one in the new testament.

No but we as per Christ like I disagree with him
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
Eberechi24:
What will be the wife's plan while the husband will be campaigning for concubines?
Probably fasting and praying for the husband's reckless lifestyle.

Don't wake monster that will kill you.

E go pass monster sef, Who wants to be fighting a Jealous woman lmao. Na death by Poison in the end na. Very few Men who are Polygamous live long except for OBAs [ Kings ] and that is because the are always Soaked in heavy charms to stop Spiritual Attacks or Detect food poisoning.
Re: The legitimate concubine. by Omoluabi16(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Non debatable. O.p is dead wrong here. Which sane woman wants to be a concubine? Even the ones warming the bed of married men due to 'situation' detests the lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
but lots of single ladies run after married men nau and even a large number of single ladies prefer to be sidechicks or concubines to married men so i dont get d attack against toks.is it not dis same nigeria u will hear a single lady saying she prefers dating a married men cos married men are more caring.no be single ladies mouth we dey hear such thing. married men are now like gold in nigeria.in short some single guys even lie they are married so dat girls will rush them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Eberechi24(f): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

E go pass monster sef, Who wants to be fighting a Jealous woman lmao. Na death by Poison in the end na. Very few Men who are Polygamous live long except for OBAs [ Kings ] and that is because the are always Soaked in heavy charms to stop Spiritual Attacks or Detect food poisoning.

Men need to be careful. Taking women's meekness for weakness is disastrous.

A woman's silence speaks louder. She may keep calm but plotting a way to revenge. Everyone should be careful. Days are gone when you treat woman like trash and go Scot free.
Be fair with your woman, she deserves it.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Non debatable. O.p is dead wrong here. Which sane woman wants to be a concubine? Even the ones warming the bed of married men due to 'situation' detests the lifestyle.
its like u missed that yesterday thread on frontpage where one warri girl went to the bank to pick a fight with another female bankstaff to leave her sugar daddy married lover alone. my former landlord who is over 80 yrs now and wit grandkids...two young ladies where fighting over him and strippin themselves in the street.some single girls will kill just to be a concubine for a married man.

2 Likes

Re: The legitimate concubine. by Eberechi24(f): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
lefulefu:
but lots of single ladies run after married men nau and even a large number of single ladies prefer to be sidechicks or concubines to married men so i dont get d attack against toks.is it not dis same nigeria u will hear a single lady saying she prefers dating a married men cos married men are more caring.no be single ladies mouth we dey hear such thing. married men are now like gold in nigeria.in short some single guys even lie they are married so dat girls will rush.
What said is true.No doubt.

Am against rubbing your philandering lifestyle on your wife's face because you assumed she no option. A woman who wouldn't care about your philandering lifestyle is one with alternatives.
Women deserve better.

Promiscuity among married men should be frowned at. In fact it should be discouraged. If we all frown at it just like we frown at Women's promiscuity. we will sanitize the society.

A tennage boy after reading this post will feels he is god and entitled to sleeping around without caution even when married.

A woman after reading this post will feel so sad. Our emotions should be recognized.
we are humans!!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Would A Guy BLEACH ? / What Charly Boy's Romantic Birthday Message To Wife Of 40 Years Taught Me / Ever Got Turned Down By Your Date For Crazy Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.