Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (63882 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Didi2d(m): 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2019
No big deal with that, people seats on the floor even in foreign developed country.
No be new thing
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nellybobo(m): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
olaolulazio:
They are human......

I know some people will blame Buhari for this.
Why won’t we
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by fortran12: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
No big deal, people sit on airport floors all over the world....... angry
No mind am... Lack of seats indeed

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by highness25(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
MyGeneration:
what did they do to us? If u say slave trade, that shows how highly ignorant you are.
Zombie, take your low mentality to your village.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by highness25(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
MyGeneration:
what did they do to us? If u say slave trade, that shows how highly ignorant you are.
Zombie, take your low mentality to your village
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by planetx: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
SternProphet:
Go to all airports in the US. The most beautiful young people are sitting on the floor busy with iPhones. Nigerians don't even know what to post anymore if this is an issue
They just have a colonial mindest, I see how they worship oyinbo anytime I travel to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by tfelicityk(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
Same thing applied to them over there... They should write to their embassy here in Nigeria on their observations.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Kenfil(f): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.

It's a lie!!!!!! They all sit on d floor at d airports abroad. It gives them the opportunity to charge their phones, abeg stop with the inferior mentality

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by blackboy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
No big deal its a norm all over the world even the best airport you see ppl seating on the floor

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Saao(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
Foreigners:
And sooooo. Am I not Human being. I can sit anywhere I want. wink
topical naija, no shame at all. Your government must be useless for failing to provide just simple things as chairs at the airport
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Johnekele(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
[quote author=ttmacoy post=74757639]Have they asked to be treated as demigods? From the photos they are sitting down and accepting things, they did not ask for the photos to be posted to nairaland.

I wonder ooo!!!
Anyway this is Nigeria where nothing is taken for granted.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by pacespot(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
what is the big deal, the floor is not as bad after all. I even thought there are thousands of them sitting on the floor
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by yvelchstores(f): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
ylaa:
i call your name?
abi you don forget wey dem deport you?
no be for ground you sitdon till that cargo plane
come carry you? you too stop lying

lol deport kwa. Na u know as u get experience. See narration.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
gantic:
Happens at any airport during peak times. An airport that seemingly has enough seats at noon might have people sitting on the floor at night. Gatwick had people sleeping on the floor during the drone incidents. In between a long haul flight, sitting on the floor actually feels better.

Another silly opinion to justify backwardness and substandard developments.

At off peak times, are there enough seats in MMA?

Was there a drone attack at MMA?

Why are you foolishly comparing rockets to apples?

Many of you are so dumb you wilfully defend the nonsense your leaders give you.

There are not enough seats at MMA because some idiot did not think of putting enough or they stole the money for it.

People don't sit on the floor in civilised airports because people with brains build these and the populace are not sufferhead idiots that are happy and accepting of rubbish like you.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by zuko435: 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.

All this ur grammer.."scenario" bla bla
Oga go and sit down
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by somehow: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2019
Very easy to spot a local champion
yvelchstores:

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by greenprince(m): 12:51am On Jan 15, 2019
Osasnidas:
They can't certainly sit on the air, this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is, they shouldn't be treated as demigods they aren't one.

But when you go to their major airports there are enough seats for you.

We can do better, foreigner or locals that's not the image we should be giving to the world.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by greenprince(m): 12:55am On Jan 15, 2019
UjuJoan2:
Not a new thing. . . People also sit on the floor in airports abroad!

In a major int'l airport of MMIA Lagos' calibre?
It's really rare. For smaller airports of low cost airlines, yes I'll agree. But this is Lagos not Gombe
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Americanboy35: 1:00am On Jan 15, 2019
yvelchstores:

r GOD BLESS YOU SIS, gullible people
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Deepfreezer(m): 2:33am On Jan 15, 2019
Lies, go to dxb emirates international Airport they sleep on bare floors, same with Istanbul and other airports. It's more comfortable on the floor especially when u have to wait for a long time to catch the next flight.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by olmoRoc: 4:32am On Jan 15, 2019
They do the same worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 6:43am On Jan 15, 2019
uuzba:

The truth is that airport is a place for travel, not an auditorium for meetings. You cannot provide seats for every single person. That is an indication of inefficiency

Sound argument - have to give it to u. And yet still sits uncomfortably with me (excuse the pun).
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 6:57am On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

There are no more than 20 seats at MMA before one reaches boarding gates area.

For real??

Now that's waaayyyyyyyy below standard practice for an international airport, let alone a main train station in the developed world or emerging market country.

I don't know MMA but those defending 20 seats in an international airport are mad - especially if they claim to have travelled abroad.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 15, 2019
Foreigners:
And sooooo. Am I not Human being. I can sit anywhere I want. wink

Brua ah an ah ah ah grin
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2019
kikake:

This one na wrong campaign issue, if it was ever meant to be a campaign issue.

Funny. grin grin grin
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 7:19am On Jan 15, 2019
RTSC:
The funny thing I got from the pictures is that the foreigners did not dress too gallantly for travel.
Just plain shirt and jeans.

Nigerians on the other hand sew natives and buy suits to travel.

Funny.

U should dress for comfort especially on long-haul flights. Very uncomfortable in economy class. You'll wear your Sunday-best once there. grin

Don't know bout flying business class though. Potential business deals, first impressions...
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

For real??

Now that's waaayyyyyyyy below standard practice for an international airport, let alone a main train station in the developed world or emerging market country.

I don't know MMA but those defending 20 seats in an international airport are mad - especially if they claim to have travelled abroad.

Don't mind the mad idiots.

And some the idiots are even bragging about being "well-travelled". Only online will Nigerian idiots be coming and making stupid claims about lives they don't live.

There are about 8 seats in the check-in area at MMA.

Another 8 seats just after passing through security scanners.

That is it!

Now in a 2 hour period, there might be passengers of 4 planes/flight destinations checking in.

Each plane can carry on average 150 passengers.

Lets say there are 100 first class passengers who would have a dedicated lounge, that is 500 other passengers (including old people and mothers with young children) having to fight for 8 seats, and some idiots are saying that is okay and that is how it is in every airport in the world.

Sufferheads!
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2019
Angela777:

Yes, I was traveling once to Johannesburg and the flight to Johannesburg was mostly South African people, we went to wait the boarding to the room with seats and I sat where I liked, then looking around, it felt weird, all whites were sitting in one side line and in another line of seats it was only black people. Ha, I realized I am the only one white sitting between black passengers. I didn't see this segregation traveling to Nigeria and Ghana.

That's the South African way. Funny enough though, there isn't extreme animosity between most of them but it's just cultural inheritance from the bad old days to sit apart. I promise you'd have been pleasantly surprised at their friendliness had you had the courage (or will) to strike up a conversation. Especially one based on complaints. South Africans love complaining about service.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

Lets say there are 100 first class passengers who would have a dedicated lounge, that is 500 other passengers (including old people and mothers with young children) having to fight for 8 seats, and some idiots are saying that is okay and that is how it is in every airport in the world.

Sufferheads!

Geez. It's worse than I thought. Infact, it's ridiculous, the way you describe the situation.

And I bet airport management travels abroad all the time for "lessons" on best international practice at the expense of the taxpayer & yet standards never improve. From what I've gathered MMA has been problematic for years.

Well, best of luck.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Angela777:

Yes, I was traveling once to Johannesburg and the flight to Johannesburg was mostly South African people, we went to wait the boarding to the room with seats and I sat where I liked, then looking around, it felt weird, all whites were sitting in one side line and in another line of seats it was only black people. Ha, I realized I am the only one white sitting between black passengers. I didn't see this segregation traveling to Nigeria and Ghana.

Hmmm How Do I Confirm You Are White Now Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.