Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (63856 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

Another silly opinion to justify backwardness and substandard developments.

At off peak times, are there enough seats in MMA?

Was there a drone attack at MMA?

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

Geez. It's worse than I thought. Infact, it's ridiculous, the way you describe the situation.

And I bet airport management travels abroad all the time for "lessons" on best international practice at the expense of the taxpayer & yet standards never improve. From what I've gathered MMA has been problematic for years.

Well, best of luck.

Just like they send their children abroad to study, while the local education in nonsense.

Just like they rush abroad for treatment, while the local healthcare facilities are death traps.

And some idiots would now turn around to defend them and claim that is how it is all over the world.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by ABOVEDELAW: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2019
AND SO WHAT? PLS STOP THIS ARRANT NONSENSE AND GET A LIFE !
autojosh:
Earlier today, at the General Aviation Terminal, Ikeja – more popular known as Murtala Mohammed Local Airport 1, some foreigners were seen siting on the floor while waiting to board their flights.

These individuals decided to assume that sitting position due to the insufficient seating arrangement for travelers at the departure hall of the airport.

Ordinarily, due to the limited amount of seats at the departure hall, more travelers are left to stand. However, these foreigners decide to defy the norm by finding seating position on the floor.

See photos below.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-how-foreigners-sit-on-the-floor-at-the-airport-in-lagos-due-to-lack-of-seats-photos/

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

This is the departure area of a small airport in Spain.

There are at least 112 public seats (that is, minus eatery seats) in the departure area.

This is an airport that cannot be as busy as MMA.

And some idiots like scholachatcopyw would be claiming "well-travelled" online.

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 9:58am On Jan 15, 2019
Another picture of the same small airport's departure area for these fools.

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TMKsouth: 10:38am On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

There are at least 112 public seats (that is, minus eatery seats) in the departure area.

And that's just for one of their small airports. Maybe we should compare apples with apples & look in Africa.

I found three pics of different public seating areas at OR Tambo (Johannesburg). Space seems more than enough. Like I said about MMA, the less than 20 seats thing is ridiculous.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Mizwisdom(f): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

Don't mind the mad idiots.

And some the idiots are even bragging about being "well-travelled". Only online will Nigerian idiots be coming and making stupid claims about lives they don't live.

There are about 8 seats in the check-in area at MMA.

Another 8 seats just after passing through security scanners.

That is it!

Now in a 2 hour period, there might be passengers of 4 planes/flight destinations checking in.

Each plane can carry on average 150 passengers.

Lets say there are 100 first class passengers who would have a dedicated lounge, that is 500 other passengers (including old people and mothers with young children) having to fight for 8 seats, and some idiots are saying that is okay and that is how it is in every airport in the world.

Sufferheads!

You don't need to abuse people for their views, it shows how silly you are
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by gantic: 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
You have used silly, foolish, suffehead idiots to converse/describe someone you don't know, haven't met or have a clue about.
Being online or on social media doesn't jutsify throwing civility out of the words. You can raise your points without those words.
I have achieved gold status on one of the major airline alliances, flown through at least 30 airports in the past three years and if we had a face to face doubt if you would use dumb or sufferhead idiot to describe me.
I have never had to sit on the floor in MMIA, the lack of seats is prior to security/immigration which happens in most airports.

Gamesmart:

Another silly opinion to justify backwardness and substandard developments.

At off peak times, are there enough seats in MMA?

Was there a drone attack at MMA?

Why are you foolishly comparing rockets to apples?

Many of you are so dumb you wilfully defend the nonsense your leaders give you.

There are not enough seats at MMA because some idiot did not think of putting enough or they stole the money for it.

People don't sit on the floor in civilised airports because people with brains build these and the populace are not sufferhead idiots that are happy and accepting of rubbish like you.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by gantic: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
8 seats post security at MMIA?? I don't know if these means 8 long multi people seats (i never counted) or to seat 8 people. If it's to seat 8 people, definitely not MMIA. That airport needs a makeover but the problem is not number of seats.

Gamesmart:

Don't mind the mad idiots.

And some the idiots are even bragging about being "well-travelled". Only online will Nigerian idiots be coming and making stupid claims about lives they don't live.

There are about 8 seats in the check-in area at MMA.

Another 8 seats just after passing through security scanners.

That is it!

Now in a 2 hour period, there might be passengers of 4 planes/flight destinations checking in.

Each plane can carry on average 150 passengers.

Lets say there are 100 first class passengers who would have a dedicated lounge, that is 500 other passengers (including old people and mothers with young children) having to fight for 8 seats, and some idiots are saying that is okay and that is how it is in every airport in the world.

Sufferheads!
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
Gamesmart:

What is the reason for this insult, did I mention you in my post? You're not worth my time

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
Cutthbert:

Hmmm How Do I Confirm You Are White Now Lol.
Lol! let me tell about Miami, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles and Seattle, etc. airports or France, Germany, Ireland, UK, etc., Brazil, Peru, Panama, Colombia, Cuba and if I start about Bejing, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Korea (both) and Tokio, ... wow, Japan in service and order beats them all, real orange trees blooming and giving fruits inside the Narita airport. Now, arigato, gracias, merci beaucoup, thank you and tell me what skin color I am and if it does matter?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by ylaa(f): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
OK THANKS

Tripleg1:
they didn't want to seat beside any black man fuckung racist. Cos I see two seats in the 3rd pics. So no to #racism
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by sevule(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
This is shameful but hey it is Nigeria where anything goes. The problem with MMA is that there are NOT enough seats. Heck the floor looks filthy and looks like it has not been cleaned in a week.

The airport is old, dirty, stinks and looks like what you expect to see in a third world country. It is to our shame as Nigerians that we have an "international" airport that doesn't even have toilets. Yes, I know that there are 'toilets' in MMA but most of the toilets are broken and don't work and the ones that work are filthy. Let us not even talk about the lighting or lack of lighting in MMA. Equally shameful is the fact that MMA does NOT have a central cooling system and has to rely on fans.

The list of what is wrong in MMA is long and if I continue writing, I can write a book. As a Nigerian I am completely ashamed of the disgusting dilapidated structure we call an airport and if you are not ashamed of it, then I suggest you try and travel to other airports outside Nigeria
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 15, 2019
Angela777:

Lol! let me tell about Miami, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles and Seattle, etc. airports or France, Germany, Ireland, UK, etc., Brazil, Peru, Panama, Colombia, Cuba and if I start about Bejing, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Korea (both) and Tokio, ... wow, Japan in service and order beats them all, real orange trees blooming and giving fruits inside the Narita airport. Now, arigato, gracias, merci beaucoup, thank you and tell me what skin color I am and if it does matter?

Alright Dearie
You Sounds So Fascinating
I Sent You A Mail Already!!!
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TheStarsAlign: 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
Starboytwo:
Ehn they should vex go back na....

Foreigner sitting on the floor ...no na dey should wait and a big bed would be delivered shortly

Infact all foreigners are mad....

Inu bimi Ni now... mtcheew

Its sad you're saying this. Its govt/management fault not foreigners. You could also be a foreigner in some country someday. The priblem is that all the sitting spaces has been converted to offices leaving travellers standing for up to 3 hours sometimes. Even in smaller countries like Ghana (we sadly often compare ourselves with) its not like that. Its a shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos) / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.