Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats (63827 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Passengers Prefer Their Loads Inside Bus While They Sit On Top Of The Bus(video) / Would You Sit On This Danfo Seat During Rush Hour In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Chuknovski(m): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Dem say no be bad thing say oyinbo like sitting on floor
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by AreaFada2: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
uuzba:

The money we got from selling crude oil (etc) should have been used to set up our industries. But due to inferiority complex a group of idiots decided to use that money to purchase finished goods, shoe,watch, phone, cars... Now the country is flooded with finished goods but jobless graduates and thieves and criminals all trying to grab a hold of the foreing currency. No one thinks about doing Good things becuae they are good. As you stated, the airport is a welcome window into a country. Common sense will dictate that one prepare such a place to a high standard to the comfort of the expected guests. But too much criminal and greedy mindset (shoe, watch, phone) cannot allow buiding contractors, and government itself to have these as their ideals and goals.

Very true. But with tourism, money will go straight to taxi drivers, hotels, restaurants, tourist guides, souvenir shops, etc. No govt to get the money and share back to state governments. This is what allow local economy in various places nationwide to boom.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
SilentListener:
stop typing nonsense
Counter his point. What is your view?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Rextizz(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
Fvcking shithole
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by tivta(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.

My sister it is inferiority complex that is disturbing those saying that the foreigners are just human instead of looking at the bigger picture. Any way trump already said Africa is a hell hole, abi na Nigeria he mention?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:
naija na jungle before so not surprised to see this.these guys will go back to their country and tell their ppl how fuked up nigeria is.
as if most of them post positive things about Nigerian before. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by TAO11(f): 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lol Na inferiority complex and ignorance inform dis post.

If pesin sabi dis oyinbos closely enough, pesin go realize say dey sometimes choose to sit on the floor even when seats dey available. I see dis almost on a daily basis.

Dem go even sometimes choose to stand for bus when seats they available.

It all boils down to your specific preference at a time t.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 5:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
what of the gingerheads doing credit card fraud and internet scam in UK and US??
White man is very experienced in this Nation-Building-Democracy stuff. When an individual commits a crime they catch him and prosecute very clealy for all to see. If they can't catch him, they pretend like he does not exist. And never propagate his name or activities. Either way, they always make their nation look good.
The saying goes, "Do not wash your dirty linen in public". As per, don't carry bucket and Omo, to wash your shit-stained bedsheet by the side of the road. People will laugh at you and avoid you henceforth for your shitty-shitty nyash. Always hide your deficiencies
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osasnidas:
They can't certainly sit on the air, this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is, they shouldn't be treated as demigods they aren't one.

You have no sense!

Your sense is below the reasoning level that airports should have seats for all travellers, and idiots like you should not say "this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is".
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by fadipeooa(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
This is Nigeria
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:
I am ashamed. To those asking "and so",if u travel outside the country and see how airport should be u will know that sitting on D floor is an absolute disgrace in this situation because nigerian Airport is not a" high traffic" Airport like dubai and Co . except someone can show me same scenario happening in Ghana Airport, then This is really shameful.

Nigerian youth, pls stop being mediocre and accepting below average as ok.its not OK. God help this land.

Don't mind the idiots!
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
Once I needed to wait my flight for more than 12 hours inside Lagos airport. True, not a western comfort, very few seats and all occupied but one Nigerian airport employee saw me tired and found the seat for me as well he even brought a drink and a meat pie when I told him I had troubles, no cash. He made me feel very welcome to Nigeria and this feeling being comfortable with nice Nigerian people made me forget about no seats or whatever. This guy didn't ask me for anything back but coming back to my country, I sent him the gift saying Thank you for his kindness.
Lol, then he asked me to marry him but it's another story.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2019
Lordtimothy66:
as if most of them post positive things about Nigerian before. undecided
some foregners post postive things on nigeria . there is one ukranian girl who calls herself funke oyibo pepper.i follow her blogs and i read about her travels around nigeria and they are postive.abeg this i dont care attitude aint cool.its embarrasing that a nation's international airport does not have enough seats.i wonder if dubai international airport go be like this.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by bighorlus(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:

It's difficult to explain to someone who hasn't been outside this country how backward this is.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gamesmart:

You have no sense!

Your sense is below the reasoning level that airports should have seats for all travellers, and idiots like you should not say "this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is".

If you are well travelled you will know that they do this in all airports. They also stand in buses and sit on floors in train stations. You're not well travelled, learn from people who are exposed, it's not a Nigerian issue

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by freemi(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osasnidas:
They can't certainly sit on the air, this is Nigeria they should live in it the way it is, they shouldn't be treated as demigods they aren't one.
wt is ths 1 even sayn
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by uuzba(m): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gamesmart:

You have no sense!

The truth is that airport is a place for travel, not an auditorium for meetings. You cannot provide seats for every single person. That is an indication of inefficiency. People come and go. in an ideal situation, nobody wants to even sit in an airport. You check in and fly away sharply. Sit in the plane. White people also sit on the ground in their airports when flights are canceled. it is just an unfortunate event.
Check BBC website, right now, people are stuck sitting in the airport because of many canceled flights. The flights are canceled because some idiot people are flying remote controlled drone (the quadcopter/helicopter toy) on the runway. That thing can scatter plane engine if it enters by mistake. And the pilots basically no wan hear long English. They canceled the flight.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by scholachatcopyw(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:
some foregners post postive things on nigeria . there is one ukranian girl who calls herself funke oyibo pepper.i follow her blogs and i read about her travels around nigeria and they are postive.abeg this i dont care attitude aint cool.its embarrasing that a nation's international airport does not have enough seats.i wonder if dubai international airport go be like this.

How many international airports have you travelled to? This is not new, they can't complain because they sit on the floor in their countries. He may not even want to sit close to a black person, that's how crazy they can be

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by ylaa(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
i call your name?
abi you don forget wey dem deport you?
no be for ground you sitdon till that cargo plane
come carry you? you too stop lying

yvelchstores:
for which airport u dey sit done for ground!? Pls don't lie
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Cmeo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
No big deal, people sit on airport floors all over the world....... angry

Abi o! You see this in every busy airport of the world all the time. I wonder if the poster and those that see this as an opportunity to condemn Nigeria has ever leave the shore of this country.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by kikake: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
I know that Nigeria falls short in lots of things, but this one is not it.

Go to the airports of developed countries and see hundreds squatting on the floor due to absence of seats.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Felixv: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
Anybody who has travelled round the world knows this is normal.

Some guys just like to sit by themselves whether there are seats or not.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:

My friend what nonsense are you talking about undecided people sit on the floor in airports all.over the world,why are you acting as if someone die undecided if they don't like the way they are being treated they should leave.no force them.to be here in the first place
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mizwisdom:
sad Why are we inferior? If you travel through other airports you'll see the same thing. If you look well, you'll see that there's space to sit, they just feel more comfortable sitting on the floor, Oyibo don't care, let's stop this stupidity

Nonsense!

If you look at other airports in Kunta Kinteland, maybe it would be the same thing, but definitely not in airports in civilised and progressive nations.

There are no more than 20 seats at MMA before one reaches boarding gates area.

So where is the space to sit?
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by RTSC: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
yvelchstores:

Stop comparing us to Ghana.
Their population is Less than two Nigerian states.

It portrays you as ignorant. They can't cope with our peculiar issues.

Nigeria is sick, but use proper comparison next time.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by kikake: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
No big deal, people sit on airport floors all over the world....... angry

More than half of the passengers in the biggest airport hubs of Europe and America seat on the floors awaiting their flights.

This one na wrong campaign issue, if it was ever meant to be a campaign issue.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by inspektor(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
if situations were reversed.... Social Media would call it Racism
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

How many international airports have you travelled to? This is not new, they can't complain because they sit on the floor in their countries. He may not even want to sit close to a black person, that's how crazy they can be
I saw white South Africans sitting apart from the dark skin people but Europeans and Americans mostly don't care, people is people, also we used to sit close and to be friendly when using a public transportation or any meeting at work, any event
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
scholachatcopyw:

all these ones are assumptions on weda they want to sit close to a black person or not..who cares. all i am saying is our airports should have functioning facilities. i even heard that most of the toilets in the international airports are non functioning.imagine an intetnational airport for dat matter.anyway only in nigeria.
Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by Gamesmart: 5:38pm On Jan 14, 2019
uuzba:

The truth is that airport is a place for travel, not an auditorium for meetings. You cannot provide seats for every single person. That is an indication of inefficiency. People come and go. in an ideal situation, nobody wants to even sit in an airport. You check in and fly away sharply. Sit in the plane. White people also sit on the ground in their airports when flights are canceled. it is just an unfortunate event.
Check BBC website, right now, people are stuck sitting in the airport because of many canceled flights. The flights are canceled because some idiot people are flying remote controlled drone (the quadcopter/helicopter toy) on the runway. That thing can scatter plane engine if it enters by mistake. And the pilots basically no wan hear long English. They canceled the flight.

Nonsense!

What nonsense are you talking about? Did they tell you they were sitting on the ground because their flights were cancelled? So are you comparing it to when flights are cancelled in the West?

You provide sufficient seats ANYWHERE you expect people to wait.

"Sufficient" should cover at least 20% of the people you expect there at the average instance or the amount of people you expect to wait more than 20 minutes.

Some of you are too used to and happy with your sufferhead lifestyles.

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by MyGeneration(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Plenty Nigerians haven't been to airports before talkless of meeting a white man. Foreigners are weird set of people they do things you might not expect. So many of them might not want to seat close to other passengers in the airport for there own personal reason. How is it our fault

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats by RTSC: 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
The funny thing I got from the pictures is that the foreigners did not dress too gallantly for travel.
Just plain shirt and jeans.

Nigerians on the other hand sew natives and buy suits to travel.

Funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.