Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe (11797 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe. / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Bacchus ke? Isn't it too early for him to anoint himself this morning? Na only to gargle when him dey brush teeth and that's if him no take style swallow. shocked
I'm just asking him o. You know kunle can do and undo. I suspect he sets apart his tithe strictly for bacchus annoything.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
Image123:

I'm just asking him o. You know kunle can do and undo. I suspect he sets apart his tithe strictly for bacchus annoything.

grin grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Image123:

No wonder he will fight tooth and nail anyone who tries to stop him from paying his oblation for the bacchus annoyting. undecided
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by PastorAIO: 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
Tonye-t:

Poster,

Tithe is still very much biblical and relevant till date. . .! smiley smiley

They don't even bother to attempt quoting bible anymore. If you say it forcefully enough then it will become true!!
Image123:

Tonye-t:

grin grin
OLAADEGBU:

No wonder he will fight tooth and nail anyone who tries to stop him from paying his oblation for the bacchus annoyting. undecided

I thought someone had asked a serious question about what a biblical passage meant. Do you have anything to say about the deuteronomy passage? We're talking about tithes here.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

They don't even bother to attempt quoting bible anymore. If you say it forcefully enough then it will become true!!
I thought someone had asked a serious question about what a biblical passage meant. Do you have anything to say about the deuteronomy passage? We're talking about tithes here.

Did we touch a nerve here?
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
Stewardship Investment
August 19, 2010

"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's" (Matthew 22:21)

For more . . . .
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Dont bother! I was thinking we create a thread and make a discourse on this Tithe issue like brethren. just you and I. watcha think?  wink grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by ogajim(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
Ola,

In your own mind, what is "Caesar's" and what is God's?

It is bad to use our Lord's own words out of context or to buttress your lust for money, greed is not a good thing.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ogajim,

Click on the suggested link and get the necessary information that you need.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by PastorAIO: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Dont bother! I was thinking we create a thread and make a discourse on this Tithe issue like brethren. just you and I. watcha think?  wink grin

But you know my opinion and I've laid out my arguments time and time again but you have failed to even address them. Resorting rather to underhand tactics. (I believe that I even warned you about winking at me).

But I'll tell you what . . . if you can be kind enough to actually address what the OP is asking and tell us what you think about that deuteronomy passage I'll not only allow you to wink at me (since you like doing it so much) but I'll actually indulge you in share a thread with you, just you and me.

Here is the passage again:
[b] 23 [color=#006600]And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. 24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: 25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: [1] and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, 27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. 28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest[/b][/color]

Please can you tell us how you understand this passage of the bible? Thank you.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 1:00am On Aug 20, 2010
^it's already been discussed on nl, what's the guarantee that you'll learn anything if anyone talked about that passage. Ask kunle to explain the passage to you, he's been taught before, except of course if he Never learns.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 3:55am On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Poster,

Agreed.

But do you truly understand what to do with your 'tithe' according to Deut 14:22 and 23?

Please read, understand and explain those verses to us in your own words if you could.

Thanks
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2010
Deuteronomy 14 is the albatross of tithemongers, they actually avoid discussing that passage becos it exposes mordern day tithing as preached in our churches to be the fraud that it is.

@kokoye
You will never get an answer from them, I have been asking image123 to explain that passage for the last three years but he keeps running round in circles, refusing to address the issues raised whilst clutching at straws.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Rhino3dm: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2010
^^^ you have been fighting a multi-billion naira organisation with shawdows and agents spreading all over the world. Only if people will realized the truth in your massage. Give the money if you want, but the act of someone inputing fear in people to collect thier hard earn money is called FRAUD.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by PastorAIO: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2010
Image123:

^[b]it's already been discussed on nl, [/b]what's the guarantee that you'll learn anything if anyone talked about that passage. Ask kunle to explain the passage to you, he's been taught before, except of course if he Never learns.

Please can you refer me to the posts or threads in which it has already been discussed because I have no recollection of you or any other tithemonger tackling that passage.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by anonimi: 10:49am On Aug 20, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^^ you have been fighting a multi-billion naira organisation with shawdows and agents spreading all over the world. Only if people will realized the truth in your massage. Give the money if you want, but the act of someone inputing fear in people to collect thier hard earn money is called FRAUD.

GBAM! GBAM!! GBAM!!!
3 GBOSAS for you.

Tonye-t:

Poster,

very much so for tithe maniacs (lovers of tithes) and tithe mongers (peddlers/hawkers of tithes)
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2010
AIO you remind me of that plant that folds up when someone tries touching at it similar for a snail i suppose. welll i'll answer your quest in a bit. wink wink hope the wink doesnt hurt because if it does then i might just do it again grin grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
Image123:

^it's already been discussed on nl, what's the guarantee that you'll learn anything if anyone talked about that passage. Ask kunle to explain the passage to you, he's been taught before, except of course if he Never learns.

Brother you know na! we both need to keep sounding it again and again, not to convince them but to let our words stand to convict them. grin grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
kokoye:

Agreed.

so what are we still arguing. I'll read, understand and explain those verse. . . no problems!
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Tonyet1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
anonimi:

very much so for tithe maniacs (lovers of tithes) and tithe mongers (peddlers/hawkers of tithes)

no wonder he called it a circle. . .it sucks!
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by PastorAIO: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

AIO you remind me of that plant that folds up when someone tries touching at it similar for a snail i suppose. welll i'll answer your quest in a bit. wink wink hope the wink doesnt hurt because if it does then i might just do it again grin grin

I just don't want to catch anything. I heard wuru wuru is contagious.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by anonimi: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

no wonder he called it a circle. . .it sucks!

so why are you still in the circle that "sucks". could it be because you also suck with your tithe mania and tithe mongering

Tonye-t:

Brother you know na! we both need to keep sounding it again and again, not to convince them but to let our words stand to convict them. grin grin

even if dem bin send you, you sef for fit reject bad message nah!
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

so what are we still arguing. I'll read, understand and explain those verse. . . no problems!

Nobody is arguing with you - at least not me. All I have asked for is a simple explanation of 2 verses in layman's language.

This thread could have been a wrap in less than 4 lines if someone couldve truthfully answered my question, not go around it. Or is 1+1 not equal to 2 again?

Answer the question. simple. Please explain Deut 14:22 and 23 in your own words.

How difficult is that 
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^^
@kokoye
You would wait till Jesus comes and you still won't get an answer. I have been asking tithe mongers this question for the last ten years, not even their most manipulative proponents has been able to successfully twist that particular scripture.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^^

OK then. I will explain in my own words since it is the simple truth.

According to the bible (Deut 14: 22 & 23), your tithe is not meant for the church; it is for you to enjoy in God's presence!

Rebuttals?
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kolaoloye(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

OK then. I will explain in my own words since it is the simple truth.

According to the bible (Deut 14: 22 & 23), your tithe is not meant for the church; it is for you to enjoy in God's presence!

Rebuttals?

The paaaaastor grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
The truth can be very bitter, even for the church.

. . and money is the root of all evil. grin
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^^
Correction, it is the "love of money" that is the root of all evil and not just money.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
True.

I just posted a thread with a riddle . .pls read.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
Tonye-t:

Tonye-t:

Tonyet, it's majorly because of you that I'm going to answer this. I said it, i don't like doing what i don't like i.e going in circles. We know what would come out of this, they'll run to hebrews, and when answered they'll run to malachi, then to leviticus, then matthew. And kunle especially would disappear like he's rentaghost only to re-appear when the heat is out of his seat, or in some other similar thread that will soon be opened.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Please can you refer me to the posts or threads
Check up the thread 'A summary on tithe'. I think it's just last month. Notice that kunleoshob is aware of that thread and responded to it. I've talked about it before and others have also, all you need to do is read through. But i'll be in for a pleasant surprise if most of you guys ever see it, cos you's [b]N[/b]ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of simple truth.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
KunleOshob:

@kokoye
You will never get an answer from them, I have been asking image123 to explain that passage for the last three years but he keeps running round in circles, refusing to address the issues raised whilst clutching at straws.
Please, kindly link us with these 'facts' for better confirmation. Na 3years se? 8hours later, it has developed to 10years. No wahala, tomorrow you'll talk about tithephobia from the womb. carry go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ / The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.