Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe (11794 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe. / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
@DBR
Also nothing stops any pastor who is not satisfied with what he is earning in the church to get a job or engage in business to support himself and family, it is devious to twist god's word just becos a pastor has needs. Apostle boasted on several occassions that he worked to meet his needs and he was not a burden on any one, why can't your pastors make an example of this instead of talking about abrahamic tithe that has no bearing on christianity. That aside this your false claims that there is a so called blessing attached to tithing is a blatant lie, there is absolutely evidence for this fallacy, those of us who NEVER tithe are infact better blessed than those of you who delude yourselves that there is a so called blessing in tithing, you are are best placing yourself under the curse of the law [gal 5:4]
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
pope732901:

The tithe was a requirement of the law in which all Israelites were to give 10 percent of everything they earned and grew to the Tabernacle/Temple (Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5).

The above highlighted is a lie, nowhere in the bible is tithes attached to earnings. tithes was strictly from the produce of the land and the animals they breeded. Monetary tithes/ tithes attached to earnings was not introduced to the church till the 19th century when some smart alecs saw it as a means of raisng extra cash for their churches. the church then might have meant well in raisng extra money for the spread of the gosple as they mostly used the money for good works then, but it is still not justification for twisting the word of God. on the contrary pastors today especially in the pentecostal movement hadly any good works is done with the money collected, a large percentage of it is used for things other than would glorify the name of God.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2010
TommyT
What about the widow, the fatherless and the stranger no body care for them
all the pastors care about is bring the money to church and even when they
remember this set of people they will raise special offering for them, so what happen to tithe then.
I kinda skipped this initially, there lots comin ma way.
Yea the widow and the motherless. . wat bout them.
I know pple in that category that my P pays there rent, children skool fees and all.
There are churches that ma P gives money to to complete their building project.
Where im comin from these things are taken care of.
Plus support to missions.
So y the generalisation?

Some of the disciple were sayin same thing like u : y is this woman wasting this xpensive[her life savin]
on the master, we culd sell and take care of the poor. . .
as if they care bout the poor more than Jesus. All these holier than thou attitude just to discredit tithin wont take u no where.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2010
KunleOshob:

The above highlighted is a lie, nowhere in the bible is tithes attached to earnings. tithes was strictly from the produce of the land and the animals they breeded. Monetary tithes/ tithes attached to earnings was not introduced to the church till the 19th century when some smart alecs saw it as a means of raisng extra cash for their churches. the church then might have meant well in raisng extra money for the spread of the gosple as they mostly used the money for good works then, but it is still not justification for twisting the word of God. on the contrary pastors today especially in the pentecostal movement hadly any good works is done with the money collected, a large percentage of it is used for things other than would glorify the name of God.
LOL. . .
So when they said to convert the produce or waeva it is to money was not in the bible . . wat a joke.
It's amazin how pple just chose to be ignorant to make a point.
Wateva ur occupation was, u pay a tithe of it, if the majority vocation was farmin of course they'l refer to produce
and live stock, comon sense.
Abraham gave tithe of Gold, and precious things to. . wat r u talkn bout?

The problem is, u do not see urself thankin God with ur tithe, u r lookin at a pastor,
wt he does wit it. Honestly it aint ur business. Ur 'contract" is with God.
Do ur part and stop bickering bout wat the pastor does wit it.
He'l answer to God not U.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
tommy T,
Sorry, to disappoint u.
Im not a Pastor. .im a christian. .{was almost gon say just like u but. . .}
Evidentlyu'v just been skimmin tru ma posts.
I attend a church, and all ur frustrations of twisting the bible to get tithe didnt happen.
I'v said ova n ova that ma P says not payin tithe wont stop u from goin to heaven or
try to scare u or wit anythin espeially where money is concerned.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2010
DBR:

LOL. . .
So when they said to convert the produce or waeva it is to money was not in the bible . . wat a joke.

there is only one place in the bible were Israelites where conditionally asked to convert their tithes to money, even at that they were asked to use the money to buy whatever food or drink they liked and consume it themselves with their families. They were NOT asked to hand the money over to the priests.

Deuteronomy 14:25-26:
25 If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the Lord your God has chosen. 26 When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
@DBR
if you are truelly a christian and you hold christ's teachings as sascrosant then you would realize that according to the teachings of christ giving to the poor and needy = giving to God. He never taught giving to the church is giving to God contrary to what your pastor would like you to believe. Whilst it is not wrong to give to the church, a true follwer of christ would know it is more important as a christian to give to those in need than to give to a church. Jesus teachings and priorities when it comes to giving were very clear and even the apostles upheld this teaching. it is worthy of note that 90% of the teachings on giving in the new testtament [including the ones twisted by churches to justify giving to them] were directed at giving to the poor and the needy and NOT giving to any church. Even church collections by the apostles was mostly used to take care of the needy so don't let any man deceive you. Christian giving is about charity and not about running elaborate man made organization called churches.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
@KunleOsho

You still don't get it, nobody is saying it is wrong to give any percentage of your income to the church to support it's activities. What we have consisitently said is wrong, fraudulent and evil is to twist the word of God to justify mandatory tithing which is not required of christians. Your appeal to abrahamic tithe does not hold water cos this was a one off transaction on a special occassion, Abraham was never recorded to tihe regularly from his income like those scammers would have us believe. That aside the true church of christ was never intended to be the kind of large organized structures we have today running large overheads with the pastor CEO earning a seven figure salary. The structure of the biblical church was simple and overheads limited, infact offerings was mostly used to take care of the poor and the needy amongst them contrary to the practise today that it is mostly used to "run" the church and ensure a luxurious lifestyle for the CEO. It is quite shamefull that most churches have ignored the primary reason for collections in the early church which was for charity and they now use most of the funds to build edificies [which don't glorify God in anyway] to the glory of themsleves and the ego of their pastor whilst ignoring the saints jesus clearly mandatged us to take care of. Jesus even went to the extent of making it a requirement for salvation in matthew 25:31-40 yet these greedy pastors would rather lead the flock astray and send them to damnation becos of their love for filthy lucre. I can asure you that when jesus comes he would deny at least 95% of the churches that claim to preach in his name becos they are not doing his will or the will of the father who they claim to worship. A word is enough for the wise, wake up and follow christ instead of following your pastor or manmade church doctrines at the detriment of your salvation. The bible says "people perish for lack of knowledge" i hope this will not be your case in Jesus name.

Funny character. . .u Just lumpin all ur grudges together. Obviously u have problem with preachers been successful.
So in ur understanding, the pry job of the church is to care for the poor. . .lol.
The passage u quoted just talkin bout U doing good works as a christian.
Look at it carefully, it says first He will seperate the SHEEP from the GOAT.
Christians are already called the SHEEP of His pasture . .do the maths, lets not digress.
The point is that's not wat will save u, cos if that's it He came to die in vain. Get it?

The bible is clear on how to prosper, funny enuff it's tied to ur giving.{In various forms}and other stuff.
Yea, the church may help the poor, jesus fed the poor, but that's not their major role.
The poor even gave to support the ministry, U r collecting big salary and u weepin over sm1 askin u to pat tithe?
The widow that paid e'rthin she had into the offerin'. . Jesus shudda said, this pple are wicked o, they are rich and they still collecting the
widows mite instead of them to give her. Instead Jesus praised her. Cos He knew she aint givi to the synagogue but to God.
I can imagine wat u wuldda said. U pple's problem is that u always see it as givin to a man, a pastor rather than to God.

So if i believe in tithin and havin good edificeses worship centres [i]"i lack knowledge and may perish and it's detrimenteal to my salvation" [/i]that is the most scriptural ignorant thing i've heard in a while.
U make it sound like a general thing, do u go to church? Has ur pastor twisted ur hand to collect ur money??
Has he defrauded u? If u dont wanna tithe dont tithe , wat's d fuss?

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
@DBR
The below explains how church offerings by the apostles was utilized

Acts 4:32-35:
32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.

The one below explains what thinks about you so called church collections, buildings and edifice

Acts 17:24-25:

24 “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples, 25 and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2010
KunleOshob:

@DBR
if you are truelly a christian and you hold christ's teachings as sascrosant then you would realize that according to the teachings of christ giving to the poor and needy = giving to God. He never taught giving to the church is giving to God contrary to what your pastor would like you to believe. Whilst it is not wrong to give to the church, a true follwer of christ would know it is more important as a christian to give to those in need than to give to a church. Jesus teachings and priorities when it comes to giving were very clear and even the apostles upheld this teaching. it is worthy of note that 90% of the teachings on giving in the new testtament [including the ones twisted by churches to justify giving to them] were directed at giving to the poor and the needy and NOT giving to any church. Even church collections by the apostles was mostly used to take care of the needy so don't let any man deceive you. Christian giving is about charity and not about running elaborate man made organization called churches.
I feel ur pain, seriously, i do.
But dont do wat u r accusing pastors of, twisting the bible.
Melchizedek wasnt poor and didnt need the tithe when abraham paid.
He was a King, Abraham was just an old man.
U think there were no poor pple around abraham??

The bottom line is this, aything u do to OTHERS u doin it to God.
It's not only when u give to the poor that =giving to God.
Anything u do to, say to a pastor = doin and sayin to God. Bet u didnt think of that too.
But i see u have a problem with the church being prosper.
Mayb it's some1 like u in that church, they come wit poshe cars, park outside
while the church is in shambles. . wat ashame.
Y'all talkin like u really care bout the poor, while u dont, just creating a facade
of charity just to make a point.

We talkin bout just 10% not e'rthin' Y'all cryin like babies that their entire savings
is sized from. If u pay tithe u cant help poor again?
Or if we build nice structures the poor cant be helped? c'mon . .

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2010
@kunleOshob

[b]there is only one place in the bible were Israelites where conditionally asked to convert their tithes to money, [/b]even at that they were asked to use the money to buy whatever food or drink they liked and consume it themselves with their families. They were NOT asked to hand the money over to the priests.
So Jesus said IT IS FINISHED only in one place, does that make it invalid?
Or am i discussin withbunch of juves here? C'mon guys. Im sure y'all smater than this.
So anythin that appears ones is not valid? Good one . . way to go.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2010
DBR:

[b]@kunleOshob[/b]So Jesus said IT IS FINISHED only in one place, does that make it invalid?
Or am i discussin withbunch of juves here? C'mon guys. Im sure y'all smater than this.
So anythin that appears ones is not valid? Good one . . way to go.

oNe

No one has said it is not valid, the truth is that you used that verse to convert it to money out of context to achieve a dubious objective. I have addressed the circumstances under which they were asked to convert it to money and what the money was meant to be used for[which is totally different from the fraud being preached today] so stop trying to be clever by half.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kobikwelu(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2010
@ topic,

here we go again embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

stop following religion,

the key is how to make heaven, not these petty issues on religionism,

personally, i dunt pay tithes (my personal conviction,and am not imposing it on u, if u like jump into the lagoon for all i care, whatever rocks your boat),

i give to the needy, give offering for the propagation of his word on earth and most importantly, i give GOD himself what he craves, praise and reference,

you guys keep on argueing tithes
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2010
@KunleOshob

The below explains how church offerings by the apostles was utilized

Acts 4:32-35:
32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.
Remember i mentioned this few pages back.Thatthey shared a common purse.
ok, check it: it says THE BELIEVERS, that's sm1 like u. and the they . . they . .all reference to the christians, NOT the Pastors.
They shared e'rthin i common. . Most y'all cant even share a common account with ur wives. . lol
but you pple are here shouting pastor this pastor that church this, church that.
They sold houses and Lands,  . .But here y'all bickerin over 10% . . lol . .
Truly its those who do the least that shout the loudest.

The one below explains what thinks about you so called church collections, buildings and edifice

Acts 17:24-25:
24 “He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since he is Lord of heaven and earth, he doesn’t live in man-made temples, 25 and human hands can’t serve his needs—for he has no needs. He himself gives life and breath to everything, and he satisfies every need.
Knowledge . . .
I'll say it again, neva quote/xplain a text out of context.
The context of that verse is in the previous verses.
Paul was in a gentile nation, and they have the inscription TO THE UNKNOWN GOD
on there temple. . .he saw it as an opportunity to open the conversation of the gospel.
And he declared that it is that unknown God that he's preachin, that he doesnt live in that
temple, that he made the heaven and the earth so He is not RESTRICTED to the temple they'v built.
Ma friend, this has nothin to do with building good lookin churches naauww.
Wuld u prefer an ugly lookin center, while u hav all d luxury in ur house, but when u go to church u prefer less??
As if poverty is next to Godliness. . all these talks is y'all just actiing pious.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
KunleOshob:

No one has said it is not valid, the truth is that you used that verse to convert it to money out of context to achieve a dubious objective. I have addressed the circumstances under which they were asked to convert it to money and what the money was meant to be used for[which is totally different from the fraud being preached today] so stop trying to be clever by half.
Ok BishopKunleOshob,
next time if eva u want to pay ur tithe. . .personally and willingly,
if u work as a pilot, or fuel attendant, oreven if u a farmer and u have a poultry or u sell cars, or a doctor, or lawyer or travel ticket
pls, bring the tithe of the actual job u do, ok.
If the the pRINCIPLE seen in d scriptures that u can convert to cash doesnt make sense, then come back to me. . so hilarious.
It's not bout being clever, comon sensejust solves some of the flimsy excuses y'all usin to attack pastors.

Mnwhile no one is forcin u to even go to churchin the 1st place. If u feel this bitter bout the pastors, y go to church at all.
After all in ur language. .ur salvation too is personal, y not just stay away if it's eatin u up.
PPle who believe in payin tithe aint complainin .

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Zikkyy(m): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2010
DBR:

Errmm. . u kinda right, im hungry. It's past ma breaktime and here i am talkin wit sm1 who aint reasonin wit d point.
Wats the bullock u typed above? cant make any sense of it and wat it's gotta do with the discussion.

Good, your vision appeared to be kinda blurred at the time; it might explain your response to other people’s posts.

I see Kunle has addressed some of your issues.

DBR:

The major issue is this, some guys say tithin is nit for NTS.
I say yes it is. Cos Tithing started b4 the LAW,
the reason for tithing still exists in two ways:
1-personal, acknowledgin that God is the possesor, the one who blesses u, and prospers u.

We all agree that tithing is personnel. Tithe before the law was personal and the purpose ties in with your post above. No problem here.

DBR:

2-as a support system for the pastor, the church bills and xpenses et al.
So as long as there is church, pastor and u agree that God is the blesser, u have the
"authorization" or platform to tithe.

I asked a question earlier, what’s wrong with a simple offering that takes care of the church expenditure? Tithe before the law was not used to pay church expenses (pastor’s bills, workers salary e.t.c.).  Purpose of tithe after the law was clearly specified; and it was not meant for paying church bills. Christ never taught tithing (you did note this somewhere), the apostles never taught tithing, New Testament believers were never taught/and told to tithe; the ministry was financed without tithing. You know more than Christ and the early apostles abi? How exactly should tithe be preached? Pastor’s should teach false scriptures in their attempt to make the congregation cough out more money to finance church business abi? 

DBR:

Is it Mandatory?
I say NO
, nothin is MANDATORY in the new testament, but there are things that are expedient.

Good, if this was your position, then there is no need us fighting. You need to read through your posts again DBR. I would have agreed with you ab initio but I find embedded in your posts statements that contradict your position, and that is what I highlight. I am sorry but you don’t appear to be who you say you are. If you are not happy people criticize pastors for lying to the flock, too bad.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2010
DBR:

Yea yea, i've asked is any1 pointin a gun to your groin sayin your Tithe or your life??
Callin your church a criminal organisation becos of Tithe really shows the kinda christian u urself are
. . and that's just assumin u r one. And it means u are also a member of the criminal organisation.
And if we calculate your own tithe i guess it's less than wat can be refered to as FLEECE.
And believe me, i aint an easy person to persuade or convince, so im far from being gullible.
The fact that u cannot exercise the level of faith to do it is no person's problem but urs.
pple doin it are following a good example that is biblical,and beneficiary to them.

Plus, Im waiting when threads will be opened about what the churches are doin right, but of
course none of y'all is interested in such as it wont give u the opportunity to engage in
malarkey as u call it. Cos y'all r d ones talkin nonesense, really.

Term it wateva u want, as long as Abraham ,Jesus, the apostles and the bible didnt call it so, ma bruv
knock urself out with waeva label u wanna put on it.

oNe

OH BOY E!
I don't think mostof the phobics go to church, they sound more like rosicrucians or the like to me, out here to deceive the gullible.
P.S, stop adding lol to your posts, they're not finding it funny at all.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2010
Zikkyy:

Good, your vision appeared to be kinda blurred at the time; it might explain your response to other people’s posts.
I see Kunle has addressed some of your issues.
We all agree that tithing is personnel. Tithe before the law was personal and the purpose ties in with your post above. No problem here.
Valid if only there's any part i quoted u as sayin sth u didnt type, otherwiseu just throwin cheap tantrums,
and i'v answered waeva u sayin kunle asked, im sure he knos beta now, morover y'all are the ones havin issues not be, next?

I asked a question earlier, what’s wrong with a simple offering that takes care of the church expenditure? Tithe before the law was not used to pay church expenses (pastor’s bills, workers salary e.t.c.).  Purpose of tithe after the law was clearly specified; and it was not meant for paying church bills. Christ never taught tithing (you did note this somewhere), the apostles never taught tithing, New Testament believers were never taught/and told to tithe; the ministry was financed without tithing. You know more than Christ and the early apostles abi? How exactly should tithe be preached? Pastor’s should teach false scriptures in their attempt to make the congregation cough out more money to finance church business abi?  
U truly humour me maybe because i feel u talkin ignorant deliberately.
If u do not understand the progression of thing and how principle in the bible is used in todays world, im shocked.
Ok, u said b4 the law tithe wasnt meant for the church expenses. . b4 the law u said, pls tell the house wat tithe was used
for b4 the Law.
And stop speakin blasphelmy here, who say Jesus didnt teach tithe. your denial of truth to make a point amazes me.
pls in clear terms tell me what this passage says:

"Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.[/i]NIV

New Living Translation
[i]"What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

So Mr holier than tho, who is acting like he knows more than Jesus now.
U wont read your bible with open mind, and u'l be makin the folly of your ignorance public witout any sense of shame.
Or is jesus in on the fraud too? Or was it me talkin in the passage above?

I would have agreed with you ab initio but I find embedded in your posts statements that contradict your position, and that is what I highlight. I am sorry but you don’t appear to be who you say you are. If you are not happy people criticize pastors for lying to the flock, too bad.
I only feel bad for your ignorance. Talk bout pple perishin witout the requisite knowledge.
Also i feel bad cos u'v not only criticised pastors and churches [which u r a part of]but
also criticized and accused Jesus of teachin' fraud by your ungaurded words.

Im not who u think i am, yes, u tot im a Pastor, too bad for u, im not.
Cos u feelit's only pastor who support tithing.
Before u even start sayin rubbish, go sell your house and land and share with your younger brothet 1st
b4 u start talkin like u really care bout the poor. Pointin at pastor, while u have a whole mahogany in your eyes. . such spiritual arrogance!
All your arguement just crashed right b4 u and the house here.

But as usual, im expectin another corny and tactless maneuvre out of the truth u just read.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2010
Is this the same thread I started??
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2010
Image123:

OH BOY E!
I don't think mostof the phobics go to church, they sound more like rosicrucians or the like to me, out here to deceive the gullible.
P.S, stop adding lol to your posts, they're not finding it funny at all.

I suspect they aint even christians, i dont kno how u call urself a chrisitian and all
wat proceed out of ur mouth is negativity about where u claim u belong to, this is not politics, it's Church.
They come disguised as the ones havin the TRUTH, because the pastors are all in error.
Y not become a pastor urselves then?
I'l keep laffin, cos thats was i too when im too disgusted to be angry by childish ignorant utterances that has no proper positive tot in them.
It's all as if thier motto is "i must act dumb ,deny the truth even tho it stares me in the eye, anythin to win an argument"
It's suppose to be a discussion, not an argument as they alway turn it to be.

U dont wanna pay tithe fine, get out of the place where they preach it, and stop weeping like a child whose toy is siezed!
Afterall if ur boss is givin u hell, u hav an option of resignation, if ur employee is actin fraudulent u also hav an option to sack him.
No be by force.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2010
kokoye:

Is this the same thread I started??
Yes it is. I wanna believe u had good intentions when u started it.
Coffetti has given a good answer.
I want to guess i have also. . .if u really seekin to know.
Pls refer to COFFETTI's post.
i guess u cld see a few things in ma posts too, and many who understand tithing.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^
This has gone way beyond my scope.

Confetti's post was like 3 pages away.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by debosky(m): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2010
Apologies if I am derailing your thread kokoye.

Image123 can you briefly outline what you disagree with in the article posted by confetti?
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kokoye(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2010
^^^ No worries.

I gave up like 3 pages ago. wink
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by IyaBasira: 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2010
Confetti's post completely answered the question. Before that, I was following the back and forth questioning cos it made me laugh. Now I don't know what the argument is about any more.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Image123(m): 12:03am On Aug 27, 2010
debosky:

Apologies if I am derailing your thread kokoye.

Image123 can you briefly outline what you disagree with in the article posted by confetti?
Apologies, i cannot do that at the moment, tithe is not one of the things i'm in the mood to discuss in this period of ramadan hahahahahahaha.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by kzmoney(m): 4:06am On Aug 27, 2010
@DBR. I have been following this thread and I can see your argument is baseless without facts, Other guys have quoted from the bible to backup their argument. Moreover, this Tithe were talking about is no where in the new Testament. It's only in the Old Testament you can find tithe Deuteronomy 14:21-27. Please see  Galatians 3: 10-13. You will not even follow Mosaic or Abrahamic laws according to Apostle Paul. Open your mind and use your God given common sense and know what is right. Charity giving is good but not a compulsory contribution like tithe. What are the big named Pastors doing with a private Jet. DBR i need an answer from you.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 9:07am On Aug 27, 2010
kzmoney:

@DBR. I have been following this thread and I can see your argument is baseless without facts, Other guys have quoted from the bible to backup their argument. Moreover, this Tithe were talking about is no where in the new Testament. It's only in the Old Testament you can find tithe Deuteronomy 14:21-27. Please see  Galatians 3: 10-13. You will not even follow Mosaic or Abrahamic laws according to Apostle Paul. Open your mind and use your God given common sense and know what is right. Charity giving is good but not a compulsory contribution like tithe. What are the big named Pastors doing with a private Jet. DBR i need an answer from you.
In comes another joker. . or an old one with new moniker. .LOL
Y'all just keep changin both the referee and the goal post.
Now ur problem is with Private jet? How many of them have it?
And if all pastors have it, how is it ur business, did they force u to pay for it??
Or is it YOUR tithe that they used in buyin it, right?. .oh, u dont even pay it, so wat is ur problem?

1st it's that Jesus didnt say anythin bout Tithe, i show u scriptures now the issue is, it's a different type of tithe.
Mosaic law, or Abrahamic law. . .we'v said it over and over NTS aint under the law.
it's obvious u r confused bout the facts i'v given and dont even know watchu talkin bout.
We'v said over and over that Tithing started before the LAW, wat part of that dont u get?

Im not quotin scriptures?? i dont need to when i have the understandin'.
U r all about the LETTERS of it, and u'v been quotin outta contex.
Does that validate ur Quotes?, even the devil quotes scriptures.
Jesus has said continue to tithe, but no, it's not enuff for u.
U are sayin No, its for OT. Becos of Jet, LOL
I guess ur d one that inspired the bible, or u know it more than Jesus.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Alwaystrue(f): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2010
The OP has already gotten what he wants from the thread.
Can we let sleeping dogs lie.
Let he that wants to tithe, tithe with faith and he that doesn't let it be and leave those that are practicing it alone.
How can someone say those tithing are deluded and will go to hell etc, isn't that what you claim the Pastors say to those who refuse to tithe. Has God made you such a judge that you have taken up the ministry of 'attacking' the church. Some have even said unprintable names of this men of God. IS THIS WHAT CHRIST WOULD HAVE DONE? Think about it.
Most of the posters are pointing at Pastors but remember four fingers are pointing back at you.
The vehemence in which they argue anti-tithing is the same way they say Pastor's preach tithing.
You judge yet you do the very things you say the pastors do. Pity.
Please its a free world and God has given us the opportunity to choose.

@DBR,
Most don't even go to church and some have become so pious that they cannot stand the church. Some even say they want to leave 'institutionalised' church as they call it. Most quote scriptures against you while saying they hold the truth. Self-righteouness is the way I see it.
Discussing with them will get you know where. The topic is overflogged.
All, do as you seem is right and don't condemn others who don't follow your pratice.
YOU ARE NOT GOD! Let Him Judge.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by PastorAIO: 10:08am On Aug 27, 2010
DBR:

And if all pastors have it, how is it your business, did they force u to pay for it??
Or is it YOUR tithe that they used in buyin it, right?. .oh, u dont even pay it, so wat is your problem?

I'm sick of this lame excuse. Did Bernard Madoff force anybody to invest in his scheme? Yet he is still in prison, rightly. Why are the other scammers not with him.
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by DBR: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2010
Alwaystrue:

@DBR,
Most don't even go to church and some have become so pious that they cannot stand the church. Some even say they want to leave 'institutionalised' church as they call it. Most quote scriptures against you while saying they hold the truth. Self-righteouness is the way I see it.
Discussing with them will get you know where. The topic is overflogged.
All, do as you seem is right and don't condemn others who don't follow your pratice.
YOU ARE NOT GOD! Let Him Judge.

I know, see i dont usually come here{religious section} cos i kno it's full with ignorant
bearers of foolish tales. Pple who are all beta than their pastor, and holier than Jesus.
But it's their hypocracy that is so hilarious. They dont pay tithe yet they here menstrating
over pple who pay. I just stumbled on this and decided to even tryna reason wit them.
I assure u, they are not Christian cos their acts and mindset, plus intention is evil.

They confuse pple who are still tryna find a balance wit their gaulible assertions.
Most pple they talk wit here just let them be, but hey. . .i dont easily let sm1 continues
displayin ignorance.

oNe
Re: The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe by Alwaystrue(f): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2010
@DBR,
Tithing should not even be something we should argue about. There are lots of things in Christianity that we might not understand because we understand in parts and from time to time it dawns on us as we read the word of God.
Giving is key in Christianity no matter how we look at it and whichever form.
In the time of Paul, they sold their lands and houses and brought to the apostles feet and this importance cannot even be over-empasized when we look at the story of Ananais and Saphira and what befell them because of giving.
Giving 10% then should not be an issue if that is what the church requests. That is why we should go to bible-believing churches.
Let us all live our lives at the instance of the Holy Spirit. Then we will realise most of what we do, argue about are even all mundane.
May God help us all.
Cheers.

The Just shall live by faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donate Relief Items To Flood Victims / Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.