Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,008 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense (17896 Views)

Babangida Is The Leader Of The North - Atiku / Maryam Babangida Is Dead! / Maryam Babangida Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by LeStylo: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2010
Babangida mu ke so! grin grin grin To bad there are no gap-toothed emoticons!
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
na2day!:

@Kobojunkie
you're frm which planet?
Did IBB order the shootings and the killings that took place during those riots? I am sorry, IBB may be an slowpoke but let's not heap it all on him no
are u sure you're not sucking your mama's bosom that time?
i'm talking about policemen shootin people on the street, in their balconies, because they're protestin d annulment of d election and you're are talkin about, tribal fight

haba. . Did you just write this thrash or it was a sleep of brain.we are talking about head of state and leader of the supreme military council and you are underestimating such post prolly comparing it with jonathan that needs the national assembly to function.ibb is more treacherous than Abacha and today,al-mustapha is rotting in jail simply because he said to be protecting his boss and killed innocent lives as he like.ibb is responsible for every single death,military strikes are exclusively at the order of the commander-in-chief of the armed forces which ibb was during that era.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by tithe(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
This anti christ should be stopped with prayer and fasting, i don't want the world to end yet am still single
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
tithe:

This anti christ should be stopped with prayer and fasting. [color=#000099][/color]
grin grin grin grin grin I SHALL START FASTING TODAY
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by safariman(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2010
And IBB was practically involved with the majority of all the coups we have had in Nigeria
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by tlops(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
I pray that he lives long enough to see who'll win the election, he should try again for 2019,
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by invisible2(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
This is a man that took us on a merry-go-round for 8 blessed years and dropped us from where he picked us up after stripping us of all resources. This is a man who caused all the problems we are facing today. He killed the refineries by refusing to bring out money fo the turn around maintenance, killed Nepa by refusing to modernize its operations. He wanted oil money and when he made enough, he stepped aside, maybe he is going broke again and wants to stuff his dirty pockets once more.

Why are we so cursed as a nation?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by jumobi1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
Since he left office, what has he been doing for Nigeria to show us he cares? He doesn't need to be president to help. Ask Bill Gates or Warren Buffet.
I don't believe him or any of these politicians that believe they have to be in office to show what they can do.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

haba. . Did you just write this thrash or it was a sleep of brain.we are talking about head of state and leader of the supreme military council and you are underestimating such post prolly comparing it with jonathan that needs the national assembly to function.ibb is more treacherous than Abacha and today,al-mustapha is rotting in jail simply because he said to be protecting his boss and killed innocent lives as he like.ibb is responsible for every single death,military strikes are exclusively at the order of the commander-in-chief of the armed forces which ibb was during that era.

That is not true. He may have been president but the June 12th riot killings were not all his responsibility. Though world war II was started by Hitler, the killings were not all done by him. That is why SS leaders were prosecuted individually for the parts they played. At least 2 persons from my neigborhood, far away from Abuja, were gutted and left in the streets simply for being northerners. What followed were more revenge killings and eventually people started fleeing to their villages for their lives.

I am sorry, it is too easy to blame IBB for it all. Yes, he caused June 12th issues but he didn't kill the people I know were killed. In fact, mst of teh murders were committed not by the police but by individuals. That was the case in most all of Lagos. Even policemen started fleeing for their lives with their families.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by doyin13(m): 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2010
invisible!:

This is a man that took us on a merry-go-round for 8 blessed years and dropped us from where he picked us up after stripping us of all resources. This is a man who caused all the problems we are facing today. He killed the refineries by refusing to bring out money fo the turn around maintenance, killed Nepa by refusing to modernize its operations. He wanted oil money and when he made enough, he stepped aside, maybe he is going broke again and wants to stuff his dirty pockets once more.

Why are we so cursed as a nation?

He left us a legacy sir. . . .He left us Abuja. ''A capital we can be proud of''.

Its just a coincidence this capital also happens to be the single biggest
moneyhole perhaps in the whole world.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is not true. He may have been president but the June 12th riot killings were not all his responsibility.  Though world war II was started by Hitler, the killings were not all done by him. That is why SS leaders were prosecuted individually for the parts they played. At least 2 persons from my neigborhood, far away from Abuja, were gutted and left in the streets simply for being northerners. What followed were more revenge killings and eventually people started fleeing to their villages for their lives.

I am sorry, it is too easy to blame IBB for it all. Yes, he caused June 12th issues but he didn't kill the people I know were killed. In fact, mst of teh murders were committed not by the police but by individuals. That was the case in most all of Lagos. Even policemen started fleeing for their lives with their families.
WHAT NEIGHBORHOOD IS DAT ? south central oshodi ? grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is not true. He may have been president but the June 12th riot killings were not all his responsibility. Though world war II was started by Hitler, the killings were not all done by him. That is why SS leaders were prosecuted individually for the parts they played. At least 2 persons from my neigborhood, far away from Abuja, were gutted and left in the streets simply for being northerners. What followed were more revenge killings and eventually people started fleeing to their villages for their lives.

who were those doing the killings ? Dont tell me civilains,they are army officers who were targeting protesters that ignored the curfew order.i used to live in pen-cinema during that era,so i witnessed the inciden
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

who were those doing the killings ? Dont tell me civilains,they are army officers who were targeting protesters that ignored the curfew order.i used to live in pen-cinema during that era,so i witnessed the inciden

hhhmm . . .  so you witnessed the slashing of the mallam at the mosque near my house? You witnessed the killing of the gate man at the house close to garage as well? WOW . .  so these ARMY folks appeared everywhere, even in all places where the riots did not reach?

WOW ** shakes head again in amazement ** WOW!!
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

hhhmm . . .  so you witnessed the slashing of the mallam at the mosque near my house? You witnessed the killing of the gate man at the house close to garage as well? WOW . .  so these ARMY folks appeared everywhere, even in all places where the riots did not reach?

i done told you to move out the hood. too much violence. gangbanging mallams and area boys set trippin  undecided
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
It is time to get serious, ok?

People died during those riots . . half of a town RAN AWAY . . . . many more in other parts of the country ran to save their dear lives. And fast forward, 17 years later, we are suddenly denying the truth of what happened so we can SCORE more points against Babangida?

We get it, the man was a buffoon, but responsible for all the killings of the June 12th riot? Definitely not.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
hehhehheehehhe grin grin grin

And the winner is , IBB

Stop ranting naira"west"landers and  start thinking of how you will enjoy the dividends of democracy In 2011 When IBB Ascends the throne.

you guys talk too much

You want people to listen to you but you don't want to listen to what IBB is saying >>>>>>>double standard

my Advice is >>>>Start  marketing your ' saint' now  before the  de-marketing of IBB takes all your time

IBB  needs a real opposition. not all these walk -overs
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by iyke100(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2010
IBB is the man to beat come 2011. Like him or hate him. Which ever is your stand, go and register to enable you to vote!!!!!! hoping your vote will count
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by illusion2: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2010
youngmonie:

The establishment of new Universities and Polytechnics.
The movement of Federal Capital from Lagos to Abuja.
.The reorganization of the Nigeria Police into seven Zonal Operation Areas.
The unemployment grant to States for agricultural programmes and vocational skills.
.Establishment of Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery (MAMSER).
A 46-member Panel to review the 1979 Constitution. .The creation of Akwa Ibom, Katsina, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Jigawa, Kebbi, Kogi, Osun, Yobe and Taraba States and over 136 new Local Government Areas with take off grants.
Direct funding of Local Government Areas from the Federal Government to make them autonomous.
National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA).
. National Orientation Agency (NOA) formerly known as the ‘‘Mass Mobilization for Self-Reliance Social Justice and Economic Recovery’’ (MAMSER).
. National Directorate of Employment (NDE).
Federal Environment Protection Agency (FEPA).
. Lagos Third Mainland Bridge.
. Federal Urban Mass Transit programme. . The 1991 National Population Census (NPC).
. National Women Commission. . The Directorate of Food, Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DIFRRI).
. Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).
. National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
. National Housing Fund.
. Commission of the Onne Fertilizer Plant in Rivers State.
. The 260 million dollars Petrol Chemical Plant in Kaduna.
. NNPC Escravos- Lagos Gas Pipeline at Egbin,
. National Electoral Commission (. Elesa Eleme Refinery in River State.
Children Trust Fund.
. Resumed diplomatic relations with Israel
Central Bank Autonomy Decree, . Others were: NAFDAC; Ecomog; Reduction of import duties on newsprint, etc. I

This may not make sense to u , buh take a look at how this country is now compareds to what it was den, Ibbs regime was far better than dat of objs regimee, we din have all dis 9je delta issues, standard of living was much better den than now
Nonsense !

This is all about SPENDING MONEY. imagine you sole or inherited $1bn & you started listing all the lovely cars you bought as achievements.

If you could tell me something like- 'He raised 100m people from poverty' or he 'created 3m jobs' or he was instrumental in bringing in 'Toyota global headquarters to Katsina-Ala'. . . yes those are achievements.

But that someone spent government money on white elephant projects without any feasibility studies and only for the benefit of CONTRACTORS who by the way are now his main backers,and you consider these as achievements- you must be running out of your mind.

The man is underestimating Nigerians,he has been rightly advised to spend his remaining years looking after his grandchildren. We do not need him.

Any new ideas he has should be given to the next president of Nigeria.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by joeycrack: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
IBB #FAQs

http://www.voteibb.org/faqs/

before someone labels me an IBB crony, I just think this will be an interesting add to the debate
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by mamagee3(f): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
All those are public stunts in order to become president again.

Babanginda has always been nothing more than a scamming thief and I don't think anyone should fall for his trick.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

i don't know why you are shaking your head ? I asked you who were the people enforcing the curfew placed by the SMC? Where did you stay that the curfew did not reach ?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i don't know why you are shaking your head ? I asked you who were the people enforcing the curfew placed by the SMC? Where did you stay that the curfew did not reach ?

Did I relate the killings to a curfew in anyway? Where exactly did I state these deaths had something to do with a curfew?  Are we now assuming all the killings happened AFTER or BECAUSE Of a Curfew? undecided
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by james1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
Go on,tell us more.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by JUO(m): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
that plan that crashed into sele swamp, ikotun
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Did I relate the killings to a curfew in anyway? Where exactly did I state these deaths had something to do with a curfew?  Are we now assuming all the killings happened AFTER curfew? undecided
my point is that a curfew was placed,soldiers were sent out to town on the order of the head of state and they were the ones that carried the killings.there is a link between the killings and ibb.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my point is that a curfew was placed,soldiers were sent out to town on the order of the head of state and they were the ones that carried the killings.there is a link between the killings and ibb.

lol . . . . Is this denial or what?

That their was a curfew and soldiers did kill in some areas, should now be interpreted to mean that all killings that took place during that time, in all areas of the country were done by soldiers, and it had to be IBB?

WOW
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by mamagee3(f): 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Did I relate the killings to a curfew in anyway? Where exactly did I state these deaths had something to do with a curfew? Are we now assuming all the killings happened AFTER or BECAUSE Of a Curfew? undecided
So much curfews in the sentence. grin

Do you want some coffee or something? grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
in IBB's defense i think in his geriatric years, his head has finally been extricated from so far up his butt where it has been these past few years and he has finally realized the terrible legacy he has left for his grandchildren. when he gazes at his grandchildren lovingly and then realizes what a messed up world he has created for them and in which they will exist. a world of disorder, poverty, anarchy and despair (you gotta remember that a rich man is only as rich as his neighbors and fellow country men and he is smart enough to realize that). i think he genuinely wants to rectify his wrongs because he has only a few years left. his prize this time around is LEGACY not WEALTH. his prize is a safe and prosperous country for his grandkids. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
his past legacy is so terrible that we are not going to give him that chance to re-do his fork ups. no second chance amigos. hit the road jack  grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by doyin13(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol  . . . . Is this denial or what?

That their was a curfew and soldiers did kill in some areas, should now be interpreted to mean that all killings that took place during that time, in all areas of the country were done by soldiers, and it had to be IBB?

WOW

Are you absolving Babangida of any culpability?

I
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
doyin13:

Are you absolving Babangida of any culpability?

I

Kobojunkie:

It is time to get serious, ok?

People died during those riots . . half of a town RAN AWAY . . . . many more in other parts of the country ran to save their dear lives. And fast forward, 17 years later, we are suddenly denying the truth of what happened so we can SCORE more points against Babangida?

We get it, the man was a buffoon, but responsible for all the killings of the June 12th riot? Definitely not.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol  . . . . Is this denial or what?

WOW
Virtually all the deaths that resulted were carried out by army  while the sss and police were busy chasing NADECO members up and down.can you tell me any case of death that was nt carried by these set of people that worked ibb even people were stopped on highways and killed by soldier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wike Needs Prayers And Deliverance ~benue CPS / Soludo Writes Buhari, Seeks Release Of Nnamdi Kanu Before Handover / Civilians Among Dead In Nigeria's Boko-Haram Offensive - Aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.