Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election (7027 Views)

LIVE UPDATES On Anambra Supplementary Election / Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander / Who Is The Best Governor For The 2007-2011 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2007
@Danoe: thanks for your post, now who is to blame for no availlability of electoral materials?? Is it not Atiku and the supreme court? The opposition could have won the election, has it been that they put their house in other FAR back before the elections, when INEC banned Atiku he could have join with ANPP and step down for Buhari, but Greediness won't let him do just that. It was clear that OBJ and EFCC can't allow atiku to be president so I ask did he Atiku not know this? even 3 day to election Buhari call him to step down so the opposition can win mighty PDP machine,but he refuse,today he is crying and making noise, he think that nigeria belongs to him.

After putting us the entire nation, in this situation were electoral materials were not available in many part he is still calling for a re-run of election,I ask the house WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2007
EU and foreign observers were sent by their respectives Government, to try and report negativity

if the BBC and co report that the elections are free and fair, you will complain that they are supporting obj and co

please what are our nigerian journalist doing are they not doing the same thing? seems you want to hear the rosey bits, people are dying what else do you want them to say?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2007
@ DIS GUY: Yes you've said your own,but the fact remain that they over exagerate things about Africa, you and I know that they have never been a free and fair elections in the Whole of Africa, even int he whole world, what am saying is that the way the report their negativity about us is not the same way they report about theirs,can't you see
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 4Play(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2007
Echidime:

When the western world do their election, do we africans go there to monitor and observe their elections? France is voting today which country in Africa have been sent there to observe their election. I need and answer to this please.

If you can tell me how many people died today because of the French elections,I will be the first to support your point
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2007
You think they will annouce it to the world? seems your a friend of this white people destroying us.

Go to www.bbcnews.com right now and click on nigerian pool, then click on nigerian elections in pictures, you will see what they bbc have just posted their, pictures of COWS together with human being at the polling station. What an insult. or did the hausa's also count their Cows during elections? Were those cows registered? grin grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Douzy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2007
Buhari Wins in FCT
Written by Jonathan Elendu
Sunday, 22 April 2007

Gen. Buhari and All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) is the winner of the presidential election in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). According to results so far announced, Gen Muhammadu Buhari scored 91,217 while his closest rival, Gov. Umar Yar'adua scored 74,882.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2007
@4 play: no i see why you are supporting them, you live in london, you earn your living in their country, no wahala.

Beside turn you tv or radio well, you will hear whats going on in France right now. I won't trell you cos am not a BBC OR CNN terrorist.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2007
Douzy:

Buhari Wins in FCT
Sunday, 22 April 2007

Gen. Buhari and All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) is the winner of the presidential election in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). According to results so far announced, Gen Muhammadu Buhari scored 91,217 while his closest rival, Gov. Umar Yar'adua scored 74,882.

so no cheating then since pdp didnt win in abuja?  grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2007
buhari ke ,,who is that,
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2007
aloib dont worry its just a shakara yaradua just moved his final luggage inside aso rock

echidime seems your only source of updated info about the elections are the same foreign media
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2007
who is buhari, never heard the name oo, was he also contesting, i want atiku to win, always loved him cry cry cry
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2007
For buhari to win in ABUJA means, the elections may go for a second round between him and Yaradua, to decide the final winner. thats good news though.Why didn't Atiku win in abuja, or better still what was atiku's score in abuja?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2007
@ DIS GUY:

No, I have NTA,SILVERBIRD, AND AIT here,I watch things live ok with satelite. I also listen to Radio nigeria ok. Only that I hate it alot when the foreign media paints us black thats all.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2007
pdp wins in abuja

aloib, you love who? atiku with his many wives  grin four wives and a GSM divorce
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2007
Douzy:

Buhari Wins in FCT
Sunday, 22 April 2007

For real no kidding oh.If dts true den its good news kinda.Any more update
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by nnenneigbo(f): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2007
but we're black lol
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2007
??
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2007
AT this I will support Atiku, so many prominent nigerians have many wives, not only atiku ok Afteral he is helping to reduce the number of unmarried women in our Naija. grin grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2007
Dis Guy:

pdp wins in abuja

aloib, you love who? atiku with his many wives  grin four wives and a GSM divorce

lol, wat do i know bout naija politics, lol well atiku is the only one i know out of all dse names una dey mention, lol
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2007
Lagos
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the results of the presidential and national assembly election in Lagos state. In the presidential election, the Action Congress (AC) candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, won the race with a total vote of 599, 300 and followed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua, who scored 383,956 while Muhammadu Buhari, the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) candidate had 66,411.
The Peoples Progressive Alliance (PPA) candidate, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, scored 85,473 while Pastor Chris Okotie of the Fresh Party made 34,114 even as the African Democratic Congress (ADC) presidential candidate, Professor Pat Utomi got 17,830 while the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) presidential candidate, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, scored 5441.
In the senatorial election, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora of the AC also emerged with a total vote of 171,124 while the AC House of Representatives seats in Lagos Mainland; Mushin 1 and 2; Ajerome/Ifelodun; Lagos Island ½; Ikeja; Alimosho; Badagry; Epe; Apapa and ikorordu

Sokoto

In Sokoto State, Senator Dahiru Umar Tambuwal of the PDP won the election of Sokoto South senatorial district with a total of 159 876 while Abubakar Shehu Tambuwal of the DPP came second with 34,284.
No fewer than 8 candidates were elected on the platform of the PDP in the House of Representatives election declared so far

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=76143
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2007
nnenneigbo:

but we're black lol

ouch you beat me to it! lol

if we have non violent elections, less corrupt officials, and so on, then thye wont have any reason to 'paint us black'
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2007
@ nnennaigbo: yes were are black,beautiful black giving to us by GOD but the black they are painting us is ACID black grin grin grin that is the envy of the white grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2007
Thanks for d link.Looks like PDP is losing it.LOL
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2007
NOw that Atiku wins in Lagos will he go to court to contest it? grin grin grin Is good news though after all the election is proving to be free and fair.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2007
atiku, u go man, make me proud, lol
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2007
We can say its good news till the final results
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2007
With the opposition winning in Abuja and Lagos PDP will have it very hard to win this election, Let pray for a miracle that can see the PDP machine out of ASO ROCK. grin grin grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Seun(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2007
Hmmmm, Atiku is not going to win because Lagos is the major anti-PDP state.
I don't understand why people are voting for Atiku; I guess it's true that people deserve the leaders they get. angry
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2007
Hmm if INEC is to remain sincere den dis shows PDP not likely to win.Did Buhari win in Abuja truly?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Seun(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2007
With the opposition winning in Abuja
Which opposition is winning in which Abuja? Please tell us. See also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6577091.stm
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2007
@seun: Your right, I always know that at least Atiku will win in Lagos so long as Tinubu is there. Buhari wins in Abuja, where have Yaradua win, can someone please tell us? am very sure that PDP machine will lose in the Eastern state,and part of Niger delta, heheheheheh grin at this rate Buhari might make it afterall. unless Kano which Census figure says have  the highers number of people unless that is where PDP will win if not, PDP is out of ASO ROCK.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2007
They said ANPP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Denies The Nta Dialogue Tape. Wasn't Me! / APC Fixes National Convention For February 2022 / Please Vote To Choose The Leaders Of Egbe Omo Odua On NL - Yorubas Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.