Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

4mulanoni's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4mulanoni's Profile / 4mulanoni's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Politics / Re: June 12 20TH Anniversary: Drop Your Thoughts by 4mulanoni(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Like If You Dont Understand This Topic.

Nairaland / General / Re: Your Biggest Regret Of 2012 by 4mulanoni(m): 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2012
Dating Her Was Ma Biggest Regret
Nairaland / General / Re: First Thing You Will Do In 2013 by 4mulanoni(m): 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2012
Give My Life To Christ
Islam for Muslims / Re: Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor by 4mulanoni(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
fiilosopher: GOD HAVE MERCY

Bro, ur signature too long na... Reduce the image size
Islam for Muslims / Re: Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor by 4mulanoni(m): 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
Chris†Kid:

Ask those that were happy about his death.

A muslim bearing Christkid.... Lol... Just to deceive ppl asif he is a christian...

U just registered this acct today because of this Topic...
Islam for Muslims / Re: Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor by 4mulanoni(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2012
ymozay:

can u also present us wt any evidence dt muslims in kd are jubilating on yakowas death.smbdy posted rubbish on FB nd u guys hv swallowed it hook nd nd sinker dt muslims r celebrating,pls convince us wt facts.4 ur information it is nt islamic 2 jubilate over d death of a fellow human being bt a time 2 call uself 2 acct b4 u are calld 2 acct By ur lord

Here are sources...

http://m.naij.com/news/17143.html

http://.com/2012/12/muslim-youths-in-kaduna-state-celebrtes.html

Islam for Muslims / Re: Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor by 4mulanoni(m): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
rajiade: [/b]

And you are the literate!

He said the fact pls

Jokes Etc / Re: The Nigerian Police Customer Care Center by 4mulanoni(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
Wash

Nairaland / General / Monkeys Celebrated In Annual Festival by 4mulanoni(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2012
Monkeys eat fruits during the annual Monkey Buffet Festival in front of the Pra Prang Sam Yot temple in Lopburi province, 150km (94 miles) north of Bangkok, November 25, 2012. More than 4,000kg of fruits are used during the annual festival to promote tourism. REUTERS/Chaiwat Subprasom

Education / Re: If You Think English Is Easy, Come Inn And See This by 4mulanoni(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2012
Kslib: @op nice one,i no care if na copy and paste... That's why i love pidgin,no mumu rules. In pidgin,you speak as you like and people understand with ease,,,,,

same as me. I luv pidgin m0re.
Music/Radio / Re: World's Greatest Gurner Challenge by 4mulanoni(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2012

Music/Radio / World's Greatest Gurner Challenge by 4mulanoni(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
"World's greatest 'gurner' offers $15,000 reward to anyone who can twist their face up more than him."

This is a face only a mother could love... but from now on you should have no trouble putting a name to it.

Tang Shuquan, 43, may appear very, very ugly in these pictures buthis look has won him the GuinnessWorld Record for making the most twisted face.

And now, he's launched a challenge to the public to see if anyone out there can match him.

He perfected his art for seven years to create the most screwed up facepossible before unleashing his unique talent on the world 10 years ago.

In March he took part in an Italian Guinness World Records TV show on the country's Channel 5 and yesterday was awarded $10,000 inprize money and a Guinness medal.
Education / Re: If You Think English Is Easy, Come Inn And See This by 4mulanoni(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks all
Science/Technology / Facebook Hits 1 Billion Active User Milestone by 4mulanoni(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
Facebook has reached 1 billion active users, according to CEO Mark Zuckerberg speaking to NBC News' Today show .

The social network, which started in a dorm room in 2004, reached the historic milestone on September 14 at 12:45 p.m. PT, which now puts one-in-seven people in the world on the social network.

According to NBC News, the milestone does not include bots or fake users -- which Facebook"tracks closely" -- but real people with an account who logs into the site every month.

If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest in the world, behind China with 1.34 billion and India with 1.2 billion.

In a note on Facebook's online newsroom , Zuckerberg said: "This morning, there are more than one billion people using Facebook actively each month."

"If you're reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honor of serving you. Helping abillion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life," he added.
According to the figures, Facebook has seen:

*. 1.18 trillion "likes";
*. 140.4 billion friend connections;
*. 219 billion photos shared (265 billion photos including all uploaded photos);
*. 17 billion location check-ins;
*. 62.6 million songs played 22 billion times (since September 2011).

Facebook says the median age of the user is 22 years old, whereas when the social network hit 500 million users in July 2010, the median age was 23. By this point, users signing up at this point now have an average of 305 friends.

The company also has more than 600 million mobile users -- up by 48 million from 552 million in June -- a key metric for those in developing nations who may not have stable access to a fixed-line Internet connection.

Facebook's shares were up by more than 1 percent to $22 a sharein pre-market trading.

WTF is our Nairaland waiting For? Both started The Same Year I Think... Huh?

Education / If You Think English Is Easy, Come Inn And See This by 4mulanoni(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2012
Can you read these right the first time?

1) The bandage was wound around the wound .

2) The farm was used to produce produce .

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse .

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert .

7) Since there is no time like the present , he thought it was time to present the present .

A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object .

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid .

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row .

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow .

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant,nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.

English muffins weren't invented in England or Frenchfries in France.

Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. We take English for granted.

But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn't it seem crazy that youcan make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? Sometimes I think all the English speakers should be committed to an asylum for the verbally insane. In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, inwhich you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on.

English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which, ofcourse, is not a race at all.
P.S. - Why doesn't 'Buick' rhyme with 'quick'?

You lovers of the English language might enjoy this
There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is 'UP.'

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list,but when we
awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP? At a meeting, why does a topic come UP ? Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report ?

We call UP our friends. And we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and some guys fix UP the old car. At other times the little word has real special meaning. People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP anappetite, and think UP excuses. To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressedUP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP. We open UP a store in the morningbut we close it UP at night.

We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP! To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look the word UP inthe dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4th of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions. If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP , you may wind UP with a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, wesay it is clouding UP . When the sun comes out we say it is clearing UP .

When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP.

When it doesn't rain for awhile, things dry UP.

One could go on and on, but I'll wrap itUP , for now my time is UP, so........... it istime to shut UP...!
Oh . . . one more thing:
What is the first thing you do in the morning & the last thing you do at night? U-P

Politics / INEC Is Broke, Can’t Pay Salary, Says Jega by 4mulanoni(m): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
INEC Is Broke, Can’t Pay Salary, Says Jega
By Joseph Erunke On October 4, 2012 @ 1.28am

ABUJA-Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, is so broke that it may not be able to pay staff salaries from next month.

Chairman of INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, disclosed this to bewildered members of the House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters, who visited INEC headquarters in Abuja, yesterday.

Dr. Abdulkadir Sulaiman, who represented Prof. Jega, said: “If we don’t do anything about it on time, we may not be able to pay salary by next month.”

Following this development, the chairman called on the legislators to quickly intervene and save the situation, else the commission’s aspiration of conducting the 2015 general election in line with international best practices would be a mirage.

He also told the visiting legislators, led by the Chairman of the Committee, Mr. Jerry Manwe, that the paucity of fund had drastically slowed down the pace of work on all the capital projects being executed by the commission.

According to him, no other release has reached INEC as the second quarter release did not come directly to the commission.

Jega said: “Of the N35 billion earmarked for the commission in the 2012 budget, only N10 billion was released to the commission in March. That was seven months ago.
“The second quarter of the money was released to the commission last month, September.”
“However, it was not sent directly to the commission, it was lodged in the Treasury Savings Account under the office of the Accountant-General of the Federation. The commission is yet to access this fund.

“It has sent complaint to the Minister of Finance, requesting for exemption from the TSA scheme in view of the autonomy granted this commission in the 1999 Constitution and the 2010 Electoral Act.

“The commission is still awaiting the Minister’s response. And in view of the fact that the N10 billion released to the commission is quite low, the commission has to suspend most of its projects, pending the time the remaining money is released.

He said the projects include renovation of INEC offices nationwide, printing of permanent voter cards, purchase of 100 KVA power generating sets in INEC offices nationwide, construction of residences of INEC Resident Commissioners, and electrification of state offices of INEC.
He commended the House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters for finding time to visit the commission to find out things for themselves.

Jega said the commission was ready to cooperate with relevant bodies in ensuring that its operations were carried out as spelt out in the constitution.

Manwe said the revelation about the state of the commission by its leadership was worrisome.
He said his committee condemns Federal Government’s handling of the affairs of INEC in totality, stressing that an urgent letter would be sent to both the Minister of Finance and Accountant-General of the Federation to appear before the House to explain reasons behind the Federal Government’s position.

He said the committee was totally committed to assisting the commission conduct hitch-free elections in 2015.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/inecs-broke-cant-pay-salary-jega/
Politics / Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by 4mulanoni(m): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2012
The Independence Day anniversary recorded a tragedy in Bayelsa State as the police allegedly killed a 16-year-old boy along Hospital Road in Yenagoa.

Police patrol teams were immediately withdrawn from the metropolis on Tuesday shortly after the killing.

The killing of the boy, whose identity could not be ascertained, increased to three, the number of persons allegedly shot dead by the police in the past two months.

Our correspondent found that the incident which occurred at about 5pm on Monday threw the popular road which has many bars and brothels into panic.

Eyewitnesses told our correspondent that after shooting the boy, the policemen immediately fled the area.

One of the eyewitnesses who identified herself simply as Charity said the killer policeman was seen running after the boy.

She said the policeman who was some miles away from the teenager opened fire on him but made a U-turn after discovering that he had died.

She said sympathisers who later approached the body discovered that the boy was shot in the head.

She also claimed that the victim’s girl friend was arrested by the police.

“Many of us witnessed it. We saw the boy running and we also saw a policeman chasing him with a gun. Suddenly we heard gunshots, and saw the boy fell to the ground with blood gushing out of his head,” Edna claimed.

She said the body of the victim was on the road for over an hour before a police patrol van from the “A” Division came and took it away.

The Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Fidelis Odunna, confirmed that the police took away the body of the victim but said he had yet to know the circumstances that led to his death.

“I can confirm the death of a youth because I was driving along the road when I saw the corpse of the boy lying on the road. I then called the Police Division in charge of the area to come and remove it,” he said.

He said the remains were taken to the mortuary for autopsy, adding that investigation had commenced on the matter.

“We cannot say that the boy was killed by the police because we are yet to establish the allegation,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-kill-teenager-on-independence-day-in-bayelsa/
Computers / Major Differences Between Windows 7 And Windows 8 by 4mulanoni(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
* Boot time: win7 48 sec. win8 10 sec.
* Desktop : Microsoft has replaced the normal shortcut icons with dynamic tiles. You can change their size and place similar applications around each other- or anything else that my suit you.
* Mounting iso images: Windows 7 could only burn an ISO image to a DVD but Windows 8 actually betters this by offering you the option to mount the image too. In Windows 7, you didn’t have the option to make virtual drives to use the ISO image’s content but Windows 8 allows you to create a virtual drive to mount the ISO image so that you can easily use it just like a normal DVD.
*Built-in Antivirus(bad news for H4(kers): Windows 8 has an antivirus present inside the kernel of the operating system. This means that your system won’t boot if a corrupt USB device is plugged in. It sounds impressive though I don’t know whether it would pass the test of time…. and viruses! All in all, I do expect Windows 8 to be a serious upgrade on Windows 7 and with Microsoft working on the things that require some tweaking; I genuinely believe that Microsoft is finally ready to launch an OS which will take the world by storm.
* Multiple monitors support in Windows : Microsoft announced that customers can use more than one monitor to connect with Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 PC management allows customers to use multiple monitors at same time. It means Windows 8 offers flexibility by allowing start screen at one monitor and desktop in another. Customer can also choose taskbar on both screens with different icons on each monitor. Moreover, you can play with background images as well by changing it separate on each monitor. Such support is not available with Windows 7 operating system.
*Windows based apps store Windows 8 operating system introduces new app store in which different apps is implemented for various devices and settings on right of the screen. The settings section includes contextual apps like volume, brightness, restart and power options. You can share content, links, app reviews, contacts, metro apps, Facebook and twitter applications with your friends or colleagues. Windows 8 store offers both desktop apps and ecosystem for developers. On the other hand, Windows 7 OS is missing all these features.
*Inbuilt Windows Touch features: The main difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 comes with its metro style interface that provides live title of rectangle shape which has replaced the icon pattern in Windows.
* In Windows 7 operating system, software shortcuts are in the form of icons. As far as the touch interface is concerned then Windows.
*supports touch interface but not that much, what was expected. So, Windows 8 comes with true touch interface for Metro style apps. It is fast way of accessing data by using an improved on-screen keyboard and handwriting recognition
Education / WAEC 2012 Results: How To Check Yours by 4mulanoni(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
Go to their website and check it.

6 Easy Steps To Your Check Your Results !
1. Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
(This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789 )
2. Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2002
3. Select the Type of Examination
4. Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
5. Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
6. Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up

Related:
WAEC Withholds 112,000 Results Over Exam Fraud

WAEC 2012/2013 Results Are Out!

What Happens To All Results Held By WAEC?

Is Your WAEC Result As You Expected?

Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57