Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

4peace's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4peace's Profile / 4peace's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 93 pages)

Phones / Re: UMI Rome Vs Elephone Ivory (less Than 100 Usd) Who Still Needs Infinix Note 2 by 4peace(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2015
Davidovinci:
Still prefer infinix note 2 to this phones. Any phone without calcare centres spread across Nigeria is a No No!

I think this calcare centre is over rated
Because i can see their benefits at all or they just setup to spread across the country without any solution to our phone issues

1 Like

Phones / Re: Tecno Should Be Thanked For Android’s Popularity In Nigeria? by 4peace(m): 11:24am On Nov 26, 2015
TechRez:
Why is Android So Popular in Nigeria?

In the space of less than 5 years, the popularity of Android phones in Nigeria skyrocketed thanks to the efforts of Tecno. The campaign to turn Nigeria from a feature phone country was mainly spearheaded by Tecno with the M3 and P3 devices. Tecno made it easy to buy Android phones unlike the times when Samsung was the major distributor of Android in the Nigerian market. Then, Android was regarded as a luxury item to be used by only wealthy people.

Then came Tecno and their M3 and P3 devices. The so called luxury items could now be bought by every Tom, Dick, Harry with a few thousand Nairas to spend. Android was suddenly now available to the poor man. They no longer cost an arm and a leg to acquire.

The reason though that Android grew so much in such a short space of time was the innovative “touchscreen”. Before then, Nigerians were only used to standard feature phones such as the Nokia C3 which sported T9 buttons and a non-touch screen running the extremely outdated Java ME OS. While the rest of the world was enjoying the benefits of Android and iOS, Nigerians were stuck on Java ME unless they had excess money to splash on Samsung phones.

The advent of Tecno in Nigeria was the event that changed all that. Nigerians were being offered Android with (although low end) usable hardware for an incredibly cheap price. These new Tecno phones didn’t sport the latest SnapDragon processors or the crispiest HD screens but were nonetheless readily accepted by Nigerians. Slowly but steadily, Tecno increased their portfolio of devices to appeal to other demographics such as the gaming fanatics by producing stronger devices with beefed up specs. These devices such as the Tecno R7 were proof that you didn’t need to pay upwards of 60k NGN to get an affordable and powerful device.

With an aggressive marketing strategy, Tecno, claimed a soft spot in the heart of Nigerians who wanted something more than Java phones, but didn’t have the required funds. Lately though, it seems Tecno is slowly being dethroned by the emergence of Infinix and Innjoo. Capitalizing on Tecno’s struggle to bring Android to Nigeria, Infinix and Innjoo have cashed in on the existing Android Base cultivated by Tecno. Infinix devices have been the highest selling devices on Jumia Nigeria for the past 2 years. That speaks much for how much Android has grown in the Nigerian market. And to think that 5 years ago, Android was a luxury.
http://www.techrez.com/android-phones-in-nigeria/

cc: lalasticlala

i tot they started with T1 and N3

Nigeria from a feature phone country bro i disagree on this
Crime / Re: 58-year-old Woman, Others Remanded In Prison For Prostitution by 4peace(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Name checkers association how market today grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Phones / Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Discussion Thread |The Monster Among Us by 4peace(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
Youngzedd:

This price is unrealistic. You can NEVER get this phone at this price.

1.That is official price approx $141 for 16gb and $172 for 32gb run from whoever gave you that price in pics http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/24/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-mi-pad/
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_announces_redmi_note_3-news-15175.php
http://en.miui.com/thread-186913-1-1.html

2.The phones are mediatek not snapdragon so you thing xiaomi will lie and high the price when other competitor is available.

3.Please next time keep the word NEVER to yourself.

4.I posted that pics not because of price but mixed up on the spec

Peace

1 Like

Phones / Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Discussion Thread |The Monster Among Us by 4peace(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Osyxcel:

Yeah, 16GB for 209.99 and 32GB for 249.99. I was right on track.

While it's a lil bit on the high side, I think it's worth it. For now, I don't think any other phone beats this at the price point (Letv 1s comes close tho).

Not really a fan of 5.5" phones, but if I were to chose one, it'll be this 1st, followed by Letv 1s, then Meizu metal.

Still expecting my Xtouch tho....

Phones / Re: Infinix Hot 2 Vs Gionee M5 by 4peace(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
hadaydhollarpo:
Kindly guide me on which of these phones is ideal for a camera n game freak guy. Seems their specs. are relatively close. I dont av any idea of their prices. Pls gimme tips/advice on these phones.

Bolded

Shows that you are aware what you are doing/writing because you know the spec and there is no way you wont know nothing about the prices of atleast one of them grin grin grin

But let me give you benefit of doubt
Step
1.Using google would have been the easiest solution because it will still lead you the nairaland,Jumia,konga and co

2.Infinix hot 2 has two varieties (1gb ram and 2gb ram) here is the thread link on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/2532812/infinix-hot-2-x510-official check it you will surely gain
Also you may not like it because of android version on it but you can flash another one

3.Gionee M5 go here too https://www.nairaland.com/2529707/gionee-m5-discussion-thread-hot to check

2gb ram is the only thing that connect this two nice device but dont be deceive by the ram o o
Phones / Re: This phone doesn't even need NEPA by 4peace(m): 3:49am On Nov 21, 2015
greatwaters:
how come its only tecno phones around you that develop such problems? Cos 80 percent of android users around me use tecno and none has had such complains. Dont think i'm a tecno fan, I dont even use tecno and i've recommended gionee to someone before who hasnt even heard the brand name. All i'm saying is dont judge a phone that hasnt been released because you prefer some other phone.

At bolded grin grin grin grin
people says anything to blind support their brand

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Bye Low Battery Forever ! A Phone That Is Also A Power Bank by 4peace(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
is it only me? grin grin grin grin

I discovered that those Tecno robot don't mention tecno on their headline as used to be grin grin grin grin

Why are they afraid to put it?

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by 4peace(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2015
seunlayi:
Glo Nigeria is not getting tired with their end of the year promo. The Nigerian owned company is out again with Glo Twin Bash which will offer subscribers data, credit to call other network and also credit to call family and friends on a single recharge.
How to enjoy Glo Twin Bash
Buy a Glo recharge card of 200 naira
Load it using the USSD code *223*pin#
Or
Buy a Glo Recharge Card of 1000 naira
Load it using the USSD code *223*pin#
What Glo is offering
For the 200 naira recharge, you will be given 200MB of data, 200 naira to call any network and 200 to call your family and friends numbers.
For the 1000 naira recharge, you will be given 1000MB of data, 1000 naira to call any network and 1000 to call your family and friends numbers

are they going to deduct the recharged money?
Education / Re: Clay Math Institute Denies Century Old Math Problem Solved By Nigerian by 4peace(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2015
opedaydydx9:
kogi ain't a yoruba state....:pppppp
According to federal kogi is not, like Delta is not Ibo state but by tribe
He is a bonafide Yoruba which form part of kogi
Phones / Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Last Last, you go dey alright.
Just try to put your brain to good use & also things at your disposal. Eg the internet. Enjoy your life !

brainless comment

1 Like

Phones / Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Who lie Don help before ?

So even the new Xiaomi already has paid agents, well I'm Not surprised.

Na from heaven I collect this specs then.

I ask again, who lie don help before ?

Technology

GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G: HSDPA 900 /1900/ 2100
4G: LTE
SIM Type: Dual SIM; Micro SIM
OS: Android Lollipop 5.1 (planned upgrade to Android 6.0)
Design

Dimensions: 151 x 75.8 x 6.8 mm
Weight: 172g
Display: 5.5-inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 PPI), Full HD, In-cell capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
Metal build
Hardware

Processor Type: 64 Bit Octa-core 1.3 GHz CPU
Processor Name: Mediatek MT6753
Graphics Processor: Mali-T720
RAM: 3 GB
Internal Storage: 32GB
External Storage: MicroSD card up to 128GB
Camera

Rear: 13 megapixel, autofocus, dual LED flash
Video recording: 1080P HD
Front-facing: 8 megapixel with soft flash
Multimedia

Music Support: mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr, wb-amr, midi
Loudspeaker: Yes
Video Support: mpeg4, h.263, h.264
FM Radio: Yes
Connectivity

Bluetooth: v4.0
WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
GPS: Yes
USB: microUSB v2.0; USB On-The-Go
Miscellaneous

Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh
Fingerprint Sensor at the back
HIFI 2.0, DOLBY Surround Digital
Metal HiFi earphone included
Ultra lower power mode
Launch Date: September 2015
Availability: September 2015
Launch Price: NGN70,000

grin grin grin grin may be you

http://mobitrends.co.ke/tecno-phantom-5-price-in-kenya/

Esotericbaby:
Both have very similar specs, but to be safe, I choose the Phantom 5. Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
This is where you started please go back and read my reply.

Let me enjoy my gionee small grin grin grin
Phones / Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

So how are supposed to compare when you've just listed The spec for only one of the two phones in question. Smh

You dont need to smh because it may fall.
The reply is for you because with your reply then you talked as if you owned phantom 5 and you dont know or have spec for mi4.

Btw you should have ask op for the spec of the two phones and i tried to get spec for phantom 5 but na only fingerprint all the blog and paid agent were talking about.If i see i will update you

1 Like

Phones / Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
okitikpo:
1. Screen resolution the same 2. RAM the same 3. Front camera the same 4. Back camera the same 5. Batteries the same range 6. Both no card slot 7. Both LTE 8. Country of origin the same

And one is flagship in 2014 while the other is flagship at last quarter of 2015.
Phones / Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by 4peace(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:
Both have very similar specs, but to be safe, I choose the Phantom 5. Devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

KEY FEATURES OF MI4
Display: 5" Full HD Display
Network: 4G LTE
Operating Sytem: Android 4.4 Kitkat, MIUI 5.0
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
Processor: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB Internal
SIM Type: Micro SIM
Main Camera: 13MP with auto focus & LED flash; 1080p video recording
Front Camera: 8MP; 1080p video recording
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Radio, USB 2.0
Battery: 3080mAh

Sorry they are not similar at all may be Bluetooth 4.0 are same

1 Like

Phones / Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by 4peace(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
Donpre:

I don't think 200 would do

pic of infinix Hot 2 requests

are you sure that is Hot 2 request? I rooted it without any request or did i miss something
Phones / Re: Tecno C8 Or Infinix Hot 2? by 4peace(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2015
Torch1:
Please which one is better between the two phones?

Buy the 2 and use for like a month then sell the one you don't like
Phones / Re: An Addictive Game Is Hidden In Google Chrome by 4peace(m): 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
jaymichael:
Me wey just dey discover am just now nko?

congrats
Phones / Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by 4peace(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
From 2 pictures above the phone look coated and plastics

and for the story grin grin grin grin grin that is story for gods tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Phones / Re: An Addictive Game Is Hidden In Google Chrome by 4peace(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
and you discovered this in 2015 angry angry angry

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Dont Fall for Airtel 100 naira For 1GB Scam by 4peace(m): 9:20am On Nov 14, 2015
nwaanambra1:

u dey mind the bloody scammers! out of curiosity i decided to try it and they sent me a reply that am not qualified for the offer!

then i wonder if my 5 years old sim doesn't qualify then which kind of sim will qualify? undecided

when they make such offers they should also specify the kind of people or sim it is meant for!

[size=14pt]in fact, i dare any one who has succeeded in subscribing to airtel's N100 for 1GB to pls show us the screen capture. undecided[/size]

I ALSO NOTICED THAT THEIR 3GB FINISHES 4 TIMES FASTER THAN MTN'S 1GB! sad

NCC should collect part of our 2016 budget from this airtel scammers by finding reasons to fine them at least US$4.5 BILLION! 2016 BUDGET IS BUDGET OF CONTRIBUTION! cheesy

Another pained Loser

stay there and continue wailing when some pips already using the same daily

Phones / Re: Dont Fall for Airtel 100 naira For 1GB Scam by 4peace(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2015
kallmemrB:
don't jump to conclusion based on ur own success story

and you jump into pit based on ur own success story
Phones / Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by 4peace(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
Marksule:
Please help. My friend new Gionee m3 mini does n't detect etisalat sims.

Please i need urgent reply.

Many factors may be responsible for that
1.The dual sim function is lock to one sim-you will need to enable it
2.If you cut the sim by yourself below(3) can happen
3.You place the sim wrongly in the sim holder-remember its micro sim
4.Sim is damaged
5.Try the other sim other whether is working with etisalat and vice versa
6.May be factory defected phone
7.others may know better

Thanks

2 Likes

Phones / Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by 4peace(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
topeluvu:
Whatsup abt d phone connectivity to internet(browsing)...
Is it a boom too?..

What are you try to say?
Please can you reconstruct the sentence again?
Phones / Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by 4peace(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
mickyeddi:

I thought as much as well, why would I go through all that to find the password I know already? This post is useless.

Is it because you dont understand what the op is saying not make his post useless?
Sports / Re: Lets Combine 2013 & 2015 U17 Eaglets by 4peace(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Golden Generation loading again
Phones / Re: Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] by 4peace(m): 9:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Valfrankie:
I successfully downloaded some apps from Google store yesterday, then at night, I attempted to download more, but the page would freeze. I had to double click the back key to return to store but wasn't still able to download anything. This morning again, I tried but the problem persisted. It started displaying no network connection, yet my 3G was on and still blazing. Any suggestion please?

Check your data may be your MB is finished

or check if your data is off(check thru data usage)
Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by 4peace(m): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2015
Alexiz031:

y dnt u ask urself y d boiz dnt do well in main competition xcept dis.
Grow up nd stop been naive

I cant remember any member of my school team that won principal cup ever play football again including me(just 14yrs),

The ball using is differ to leather ball you used too grin (even people with right kit even hit leather ball better than this)

If brazil,argentina etc won,you will praise them but
if any africa won it must be over age.

I remembered zidane(if he played for algeria instead will call him old papa)
what of Anthony Martial of Man Utd, He will clock 20yrs on dec 5 this year(if he is naija player you for done use mouth kill him)

Concerning the main competition-how many under age even make it thru out the world.let me tell you golden generation comes once in a while ours came btw 1993 to 1996, we saw another flash btw 2005 to 2008.

I prayed 2013 set will start another golden gen for us.

You too
Grow up nd stop been naive and hating

3 Likes

Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by 4peace(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2015
Alexiz031:
Congrt 2 d boiz,there ave been making d country proud since 1820.
They r 2 old for the under 17 competition dat y they always win it nd that also the reason y they fail when they move 2 the next level.imagine d furosity of dat second goal,a 16 or 17 years old cnt hit d ball hard like dat.
.try n visit ur doctor this morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (of 93 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.