Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

4Runner's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4Runner's Profile / 4Runner's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by 4Runner: 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
The US Embassy would like applicants to have something that will bring them back to Nigeria. You've to probably have a steady job to come back to. Going together with your family for the first is a possibility of denial. Also when answering questions answer only what you're asked, don't go telling stories of where you want to visit or who & what you want to buy.
You just have to be confident and not over confident and arrogant. Those officers are psychologists.
My advise to you is wait for 6 months before your next application and go alone. Or on the other hand, let your wife or wife and kids go for theirs first. Then on her next trip she can apply for you.
For me the US visa is the easiest to get if you know how to go about it. You don't need to have millions in your account. Sometimes they don't even check your documents to give you visa.
If you have someone in the US it could be easier to use the person's address instead of a hotel.

Most importantly, it's God's favour, for you to meet a nice person 'cos some of them could be very hash. Good luck next time.

3 Likes

Sports / Re: Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013 by 4Runner: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Soccer is a game of sport that should be enjoyed without any strings attached. The earlier we dissociate the SUPER EAGLES from TB Josuah & other false prophets of doom, we'll begin to enjoy the team.

Omokachi, Keshi & others rely so much on this man, and based on his predictions they select & coach the boys. If only the boys continue to pray on the pitch like they've always done, God'll hear them.
Nairaland / General / Re: Ever Been Disturbed By Generator Noise At Night? by 4Runner: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
I thank God for steady power supply. A neighbour's own and his barking dog was a nightmare for me.
Celebrities / Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by 4Runner: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
I couldn't sleep last night and ended up sleeping in church this morning. Why? 'Cos my neighbour and his wife started fighting from 2.30am to about 5am this morning. They're known on the street for this, but last night's was different.

The wife broke everything breakable in the house. This was what woke me up and I was scared for them. She kept screaming "one of us must die this night". She abused and insulted the hubby's friend who went to mediate.

I'm against spouse battering, especially when it's the man beating the woman. But my neighbour's case is peculiar 'cos it's the wife that starts the fight, makes the most noise and creates the unnecessary scene.

So if she comes out tomorrow to acuse the hubby of wife battering, some people will support her.
We can only pass a fair judgement when we hear from BOTH parties. My neighbour's is an eye opener.

1 Like

Science/Technology / Re: How Much Electricity Do You Actually Consume? by 4Runner: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
Great! Thanks.
What of Microwave & Pressing Iron.
Autos / Ladies, Let's Do It Ourselves. Fix Your Vsc / Trac Off. by 4Runner: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ladies, let's try and fix some of our vehicle problems instead of bothering  our husbands or letting our mechanics rip us off.
2 days back I noticed d  CHECK light on d dashboard of my 4Runner was on, indicting that there was a problem with the VSC / TRAC OFF. I was worried 'cos d vehicle wasn't due for service yet. 

This evening I decided to google VSC /TRAC OFF on my internet. I discovered that the TRAC OFF light comes on when you turn the traction control light off or if there is a problem with the system. 

I also found out to RESET it, all you've to do was to press the TRAC OFF button or try to unplug your battery and let it sit for a min, then plug it back on and see if the light is still on. 

I pressed the button and the light was still very visible. I decided to unplug the battery and even left it for 5mins before replugging. I started the vehicle and lo and behold, the CHECK and TRAC OFF lights disappeared. Thank God, I don't have to see or pay my mechanic. 

Even before going to the mechanic, let's google the problem and have an idea of what the problem could be.
Car Talk / Re: Nigeria’s Driver’s License Accepted In The USA by 4Runner: 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
Should be. I used the old one in 2010 to hire a car at Hertz in LA.
Travel / Re: $20,000 Disappears From Passenger's Luggage At MMA2 Screening Point by 4Runner: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Everybody is asking why he's carrying such amount and has neglected d topic on ground. Even if he had $5,000 they would have stollen it.

The human scanners at the Airport are no longer used for the purpose they were installed, but to scan for money & valuables they can steal from innocent passengers.

God will help us in Nigeria. Corruption every where.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Phillip Phillips Is The New American Idol by 4Runner: 2:42am On May 25, 2012
I lost interest after Joshua's eviction but managed to watch the final, which was nothing compared to last year's.
Sports / Re: Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? by 4Runner: 2:30am On May 05, 2012
RIP.
Politics / Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by 4Runner: 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Crackhouse & Yamakusa, thanks. I'm born again.

The Harka crash happened on environmental sanitation day. The flight took off from Kaduna.
I guess d crew knew d plane was faulty, 'cos they never attended to d passengers after take off.
It was raining heavily & there was so much turbulence. On getting to Lagos AP, d plane over ran its runway & crashed into d farms.

The plane caught fire immediately from d right wing where I was seated.
Thank God for d guy on d left wing. He opened d emergency window through which some of us escaped.

It was a very pathetic sight. The Russian pilot & crew jumped off through d door, others who jumped had broken legs & hands.
Those that died did through suffocation & burns.

It's just a night mare I don't want to remember again. I thank God for a second chance, amen.
Politics / Re: Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA by 4Runner: 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
I survived d June 24th 1995 Harka crash.
Car Talk / Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by 4Runner: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
I use Garmin and it works perfectly.
Politics / Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by 4Runner: 2:32am On Jan 02, 2012
Obiagu1:

No, Jonathan must not go, it's corruption that must go.[b] We have no refineries, power, etc [/b]because of corruption and not because of Jonathan.

If this pains you so much, use your sense and use this opportunity to force the government to make it a treasonable offence for one to steal public fund. Anyone found guilty of stealing public fund should be executed!

People always leave the real issue and will be chasing shadow.

Is he not supposed to build refineries, fix power and other necessary structures before the removal of the subsidy? I'm not against the subsidy removal, likewise most Nigerians. If you've been reading and listening to those against the removal, you'll know that one of the conditions given to him is to FIRST build refineries in Nigeria. Then we can remove the 'so called subsidy'. Period.

Moreover, who are the cabals behind corruption? Me, you or the masses? Definitely not. They're the same people telling us to fight corruption.
You know what? The fuel cabals will be feeding off us now instead of the Govt.
Politics / Re: Fuel Now 141naira/liter, Bought 141 @ Oando In Maryland, How Much Did U Buy? by 4Runner: 1:54am On Jan 02, 2012
This will affect everyone in Nigeria, not just car owners. We all need fuel to power our generators. We all have to hit the streets to protest. 'Cos the proceeds from the subsidy will NEVER get to the masses, but will still end up in the pockets of the cabals. JONATHAN MUST GO, period.
Phones / Re: New Phone Scam! by 4Runner: 3:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
I got this text on 9th Dec when I left Lagos for the US but ignored it. On checking my balance the next day I noticed my N600 was gone.

I use MTN. Let's investigate which operator is responsible for this scam. When you type yr complain state yr Network.

Normally, for most frauds there's always an insider.
Education / Re: List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria by 4Runner: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Who are the students that attend these universities? Did they take JAMB? Where will they work after graduation? As for NYSC, I know we also have FAKE. Since NYSC officials operate the fake NYSC, some of these fake Unis might have received fake registration documents from the officials responsible for University registration.

The question now is How many FAKE Primary and Secondary Schools do we have in Nigeria?
Health / Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by 4Runner: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
DIFF, Abuja is very good. I've 4 friends who went there and succeeded. Their success rate is about 60%. It cost about N1.5M.

I don't think u can do IVF for N300,000 ($2,000). This could be the cost for the drugs. Even in the US it goes for as much as $10,000.

U also have to pray and commit the procedure into God's hands.

Finally, u MUST be very careful where u go to for yr procedure 'cos so many doctors are into so many things in the name of IVF.

1 Like 1 Share

Sports / Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by 4Runner: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
I just prayed that God should disgrace TB. That even if we're going to loose it shouldn't be by TB's margin. Praise God.
Car Talk / Re: A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car by 4Runner: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
It depends on maintenance. I used my '99 Camry for 5yrs and sold it for N750,000.

The buyer is rocking it without complain.
Politics / Re: Ex-head Of State Linked To UN House Bombing by 4Runner: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2011
No need beating about the bush. The culprit is IBB.

I watched the 50th Independence parade live. ALL living past Heads of State were present, except IBB.

Just after the parade, I tuned to CNN and heard about the explosion. I just concluded that IBB must be behind it.

Remember he introduced the first letter bomb that killed Dele Giwa.

He'll surely not escape this.
Travel / Re: Your Experience On Klm To London by 4Runner: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
I always fly KLM to the US. For the 8hrs wait, I usually take the Air Port shuttle bus to one of the hotels near the AP (free).

At the hotel, with only 12 Euro I eat a continental breakfast, take a nap at the lobby, ready to go with another shuttle.

The first time I stayed at the AP, I spent same amount on a burger & coke, and sat on uncomfortable seat for hrs.

But you MUST have a visa for this.
Education / Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by 4Runner: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
My late friend, an ex-student of the school, may her soul rest in perfect peace, told me a lot about the school. She said it was a glorified secondary school. where you've to get written permission to leave the compound. I kept encouraging her till she finished. I was shocked the first time I heard her complain about the school, 'cos it's supposed to be a Catholic school. This's why most parents send their wards there, and by the time they realise it's too late. I finished from UNILAG many years back, so this's NOT negative campaign from me.

I hardly reply to post, but had to do this for your cousine. If he's very intelligent he can pass JAMB to a premier University.
Politics / Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by 4Runner: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
May his soul rest in perfect peace, Amen.
Career / Re: Tayo Aderinokun, GTBank CEO, Passes On by 4Runner: 10:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
rest in peace.
TV/Movies / Re: Big Brother Africa (BBA) - Karen Igho On Facebook by 4Runner: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2011
wesley80:

Karen may not be many things but you cannot accuse her of not being Naija. How can you accuse a Warri girl that speaks Urhobo fluently of not being Naija? Karen is more 9ja than any contestant i've seen on that show from this country. I cringed when she was introduced as one of 9ja's contestants and took an immediate dislike of her but she's succeeded in turning all that around with the excitement and drama she's brought to the show and I'm a huge fan - which is something for someone that cant be described as being anywhere close to being a 'looker'.
She's definitely not loved by most housemates and has displayed bouts of insecurities that leave you wondering how far she can go, but she's about the only reason the show's worth watching and that's some achievement if you ask me.

That's the same way I see her. She's the reason I watch Tailhouse.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Ivory Coast’s Gbagbo Surrenders by 4Runner: 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
According to Aljazeera, Gbagbo hasn't stepped down.
Celebrities / Re: Pic: Celebrities Run For Their Lifes As Fire Guts City People Awards Venue (burnt Remains Of The Hal by 4Runner: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
It's a sad story. The entire hall was raised. The fire team came on time.

We were just 50mins into the event. We all ran for our dear lives. Most celebraties ran without their shoes.
I really thank God no live was lost.

I heard Lagos & Kano states governors were still on their way when it happened.
Events / Re: Balmoral Hall Burnt Down During City Ppl Awards by 4Runner: 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2011
It's a sad story. The entire hall was raised. The fire team came on time.

We were just 50mins into the event. We all ran for our dear lives. Most celebraties ran without their shoes.
I really thank God no live was lost.
Celebrities / Re: Actress Elizabeth Taylor Dies At Age 79 by 4Runner: 11:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
May her soul rest in peace, amen.
Computers / Re: Your Mtn Browsing Experience by 4Runner: 11:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
Horrible!

I gave out my data card I bought N8,500 to a friend last year.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.