Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Christian Prince Explains Islam - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Prince Explains Islam (36101 Views)

Reacting To Christian Prince; Will An Innocent Dead Child Go To Heave Or Hell / Christian Prince - For Muslim Who Keep Attacking Paul / Christian Prince – Nigerian Sheikh Ustaz Jamiu Adegunwa Runs Away From Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I was introduced to Islam through the books of Ahmed Deedat. I know enough Islam not to copy-paste other people's argument.
Apart from David Wood, I've not even heard of the other names you mentioned.

This argument will hold water if and only if the Al Fathia was the last revealed Surah. Was it?
If other Surah were revealed after it how can it be the summary of the whole Qur'an?

I do not want to go into the discuss of why the Qur'an was not arranged according to how it was revealed. Could that not be the reason Muslims misunderstand the plain words of Allah in Arabic? You can just imagine if a Textbook was ripped apart and the chapters rearranged in a random manner. Such a text would be difficult to comprehend. Such is the book you hold in high esteem. Who authorized the rearrangement of the suras?

I think you or the Islamic scholars are making this up to escape the problems caused by the words of Prophet Mohammed appearing in the Qur'an that was supposed to be the plain words of Allah.

If Allah was changing how he was addressing himself as first, second or third persons, Allah prayed not to go to hell fire: this is unthinkable for the personality of Allah.

Is that not confusing for Allah to speak changing from first to second to third persons. See, the Al Fathia is a beautiful prayer that can only come from the mouth of a sincere believer seeking help from Allah. It makes perfect sense without any need for augmentation and explanations.

The Qur'an was given by Allah in very easy Arabic language, why do we men try to complicate that which is clearly revealed?

I don't have arguments where the word "say" was stated before a Surah at least for intellectual argument sake.

The Al Fathia cannot be the words of Allah. It is a prayer to Allah. Only an Islamic miracle can make the obvious not obvious as in the Al Fathia.

Apart from that, how come only in the Qur'an does God speak in such confusing language.
Have you read the Taurat or Zabura before?

The confusion is in you. Well said @highlighted. Why you are then confused is what i dont understand. It is disbelief to say that part of Quran is from Allah and Fatiha is not from Him. This is kufr. It is explained to you now. So take it or leave it. We have no problems with it. Sura Fatiha was revealed by Allah and it is very important to the extent that, without recitation of surah fatiha, whether in obligatory or voluntary prayers, such prayers are invalid. We have hadith report on this. So if skipping Surah fatiha in salat is invalid, how could words of human (surah fatiha as you alleged) so much important that it invalidate prayers made to God?

As for chronological arrangement of Quran, don't even go there. You may choked yourself along.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:
The confusion is in you. Well said @highlighted. Why you are then confused is what i dont understand. It is disbelief to say that part of Quran is from Allah and Fatiha is not from Him. This is kufr. It is explained to you now. So take it or leave it. We have no problems with it. Sura Fatiha was revealed by Allah and it is very important to the extent that, without recitation of surah fatiha, whether in obligatory or voluntary prayers, such prayers are invalid. We have hadith report on this. So if skipping Surah fatiha in salat is invalid, how could words of human (surah fatiha as you alleged) so much important that it invalidate prayers made to God?

As for chronological arrangement of Quran, don't even go there. You may choked yourself along.
The Al Fathia is plain for all to understand.
It is a prayer of help and salvation

God doesn't need these two. In fact, God is the giver of all help and salvation.

The words of Allah is easy and plain to understand. Why would you distort the Qur'an to fit your interpretation?

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

The Al Fathia is plain for all to understand.
It is a prayer of help and salvation

God doesn't need these two. In fact, God is the giver of all help and salvation.

The words of Allah is easy and plain to understand. Why would you distort the Qur'an to fit your interpretation?
You have comprehension problem. Quran is the word of God or not?
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:
What is difficult in understanding a plainly revealed text?
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

nothing. It is you having difficulties
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:

About your question!?
Mary mother of Jesus is the daughter of Imran and sister of Aaron brother of Moses?
Sura 66:12, Sura 19:27-28

But I know of Miriam sister of Aaron who is brother to Moses who is the daughter of Amran.

Now a man from the house of Levi went and married a daughter of Levi. And the woman conceived and bore a son; and when she saw that he was beautiful, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got him a wicker basket and covered it over with tar and pitch. Then she put the child into it and set it among the reeds by the bank of the Nile. 4 His sister stood at a distance to find out what would happen to him. Exodus 2:1-4

And Amram married his father’s sister Jochebed, and she bore him Aaron and Moses; and the length of Amram’s life was one hundred and thirty-seven years. Exodus 6:20

And Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, took the timbrel in her hand, and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dancing. Exodus15:20 .

Human beings can make mistakes but not God
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:
nothing. It is you having difficulties
I believe you should always operate with the same standard. Not changing the goalpost when there is a problem with what the senior Alfa's have said
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I believe you should always operate with the same standard. Not changing the goalpost when there is a problem with what the senior Alfa's have said
who's senior Alfa and what did he say?
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

About your question!?
Mary mother of Jesus is the daughter of Imran and sister of Aaron brother of Moses?
Sura 66:12, Sura 19:27-28

But I know of Miriam sister of Aaron who is brother to Moses who is the daughter of Amran.

Human beings can make mistakes but not God
and, what's your issue(s) with this one?
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:
and, what's your issue(s) with this one?
Nothing!
Except that Mary and Miriam seems to be mixed up somewhere!
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
Empiree:
who's senior Alfa and what did he say?
Can Muslims understand the Qur'an except the so called authorities has spoken
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Can Muslims understand the Qur'an except the so called authorities has spoken
to some extent, yes.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

Nothing!
Except that Mary and Miriam seems to be mixed up somewhere!
it is you and your book that got everything confused. we arent.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Shepherd00: 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

In other words Arabic words don't make meanings when translated into other languages!

But other languages can be translated into other languages! Does this not imply that Arabic language is the worst language the almighty Allah could have used to communicate to mankind knowing that we all speak different languages as ordained by the almighty Allah himself?

The almighty Allah mentions in Sura Maryam 19:97:

{So We have made this (Quran) easy in your own tongue, only that you may give glad tidings to those who are God-conscious and warn with it the most quarrelsome people.}

If the above isn't true, then it must mean that humans are wrong in insinuating that the language of Allah is untranslatable. The excuse must be man made to escape the obvious statement of the pure words of Allah.

I wasn't posting a question, I was to post part of a Surah of the Qur'an. Whenever you are ready.
Lolzzzzzzzzzz @Almighty Allah.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by sagenaija: 12:30am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:

You need to watch Christian Prince demolish all these your arguments.

So, the koran is no more plain or easy to read.

It now takes “43 possible reasons” to understand the koran? Amazing!

Do you now see why I mentioned resort to the esoteric?

What you are simply saying is that unless a person understands the ‘secret’ to the koran it is impossible to know it. And who has the secrets to it? Whichever ‘scholar’ is perceived as the more acceptable one at any point in time. And to what end? To justify the indefensible.
If we require ‘scholars’ to decipher the hidden meaning of the koran which is out of the plain site of the ordinary Moslem can’t we say that these ‘scholars’ are post-Mohamed messengers of Allah sent to make clear Allah’s words to his people? In other words, Allah has other messengers after Mohamed.

So, according to you the koran then is the words of Allah who may be speaking for himself of speaking on the behalf of any other creature like man. We only need to discover the ‘secret’ to any particular verse or chapter in order to decipher how to understand and interpret that portion. Again, amazing! Don’t you think.

In addition, the first revelation does not come first in the book of Allah that was always existing in heaven. So, Allah pays no attention to order. He really doesn’t want to make himself clear and straightforward to his people. He must obscure things.
It will now take the hadiths to tell, like in this first chapter, which portion of the chapter is divided between Allah and his servant(?) or is it his creatures since you also mentioned polytheists.

At the end of the day then koran is not a plainly revealed book; a statement that would clearly contradict its own claim. But to people like you it’s not a contradiction; it’s plain to those who search out the secret for understanding it. A secret only a few can acquire. It becomes plain after a lot of digging out its secret so its plain.
I hope I have succeeded in summarising your position.

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 5:00am On Mar 21, 2019
Shepherd00:

Lolzzzzzzzzzz @Almighty Allah.
Indeed...LOL
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 5:11am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
it is you and your book that got everything confused. we arent.
Ok!
When deception is the rule of the game , you can't expect less than this.
Aaron just like Moses was derived from Egyptian names hence no one in Israel bear the names until much recently. You will not find another Jew named Moses or Aaron in the scriptures.

Unfortunately, since prophet Mohammed didn't know history, we can forgive him!

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 5:20am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
to some extent, yes.
No!
That's why apart from Hadiths and Tafsirs you have to find ruling of "authorities" even when they don't make sense

Eg
Mohammed is the greatest prophet
Mohammed is the last prophet
The Qur'an contains only the words of Allah
Miracles of Mohammed etc etc

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 5:37am On Mar 21, 2019
sagenaija:

You need to watch Christian Prince demolish all these your arguments.

So, the koran is no more plain or easy to read.

It now takes “43 possible reasons” to understand the koran? Amazing!

Do you now see why I mentioned resort to the esoteric?

What you are simply saying is that unless a person understands the ‘secret’ to the koran it is impossible to know it. And who has the secrets to it? Whichever ‘scholar’ is perceived as the more acceptable one at any point in time. And to what end? To justify the indefensible.
If we require ‘scholars’ to decipher the hidden meaning of the koran which is out of the plain site of the ordinary Moslem can’t we say that these ‘scholars’ are post-Mohamed messengers of Allah sent to make clear Allah’s words to his people? In other words, Allah has other messengers after Mohamed.

So, according to you the koran then is the words of Allah who may be speaking for himself of speaking on the behalf of any other creature like man. We only need to discover the ‘secret’ to any particular verse or chapter in order to decipher how to understand and interpret that portion. Again, amazing! Don’t you think.

In addition, the first revelation does not come first in the book of Allah that was always existing in heaven. So, Allah pays no attention to order. He really doesn’t want to make himself clear and straightforward to his people. He must obscure things.
It will now take the hadiths to tell, like in this first chapter, which portion of the chapter is divided between Allah and his servant(?) or is it his creatures since you also mentioned polytheists.

At the end of the day then koran is not a plainly revealed book; a statement that would clearly contradict its own claim. But to people like you it’s not a contradiction; it’s plain to those who search out the secret for understanding it. A secret only a few can acquire. It becomes plain after a lot of digging out its secret so its plain.
I hope I have succeeded in summarising your position.

who is talking about "secrets" We not talking about secrets. I said you can't translate Allah words. His words are limitless and are not bound by time. Rather, they function for past, present and future. Allah doesn't speak our language. He revealed the Quran in language we can simply understand. and we grasped the message. Secrets are different subject entirely. Now let me give you example why i said you can not translate Quran. The moment you translate Quran from its original arabic to another language, it loses 80% of it ingredients that other languages can grasp bcus some languages dont have exact word for the word used in the arabic Quran.

Example is surah Ikhlas, it reads, kul huwa Lahu ahad. Ahad is what i want to use. Ahad, if translated to english means (1) One literally. But from islamic view "One" mentioned in arabic Quran is not number 1 alphabet. Why?. Bcus if you say Allah is number 1 it means He is not one afterall bcus before 1 there is -1. Before minus 1, there is 0 (zero). Before zero, there is -0 and so on. So ahad if translated to english, a muslim know that it doesnt mean number 1 in numeric sense. Ahad means nothing before and nothing after Him. After hearing this, do you have one word for Ahad in english now?. I don't think so. You can tell me if you have one. So translators use "One" which is closest english translation. So when Surah Ikhlas says "kul huwa Lahu ahad, all or most translators would translate as "say, 'He is One'. They used closest english word. For us as muslims, we understand that One mentioned in english translation means Absolute and Eternal. This is why some translations have these two words (Absolute and Eternal) next to One in the ayah to indicate there is no -1 or 0 or -0 after One. That's, nothing exist before Allah and nothing will exist after Him.

Do you understand what I am saying?. I can't help you if you dont understand. So everywhere you read in the Quran where Allah says He is One, it doesn't mean numeric no 1(alphabet). See why i said Quran can not be translated?. So this is called "at-tawheed" which literally translates "oneness of God". But if a muslim happens to have this idea that Allah means 1 in numeric sense, we would just tell him to secure more knowledge.

So this is not esoteric. This is what ahad means from the perspective of tawheed.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by true2god: 7:50am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
rolling on the floor grin cheesy Try harder buddy. Why did you pretend like you dont understand my point?. You talking about ayah but i talked about basic tenets. There is no disagreement on the basics. Our basics are believe in Allah is One God. Believe that prophet muhammad is prophet and messenger not God. Let me stop here. No muslims disagree with these. But can you as christians give this clear, unambiguous statements about God and Jesus? shocked As for muslims, there is no different understanding on this except for what is clearly and plainly established. If I put 3 christians next to one another and ask them who is Jesus?. I swear by God they would give different answers. You know this.

Highlight all the basic tenets of Islam and let us dissect them one by one. Even demons also believe in one God (James 2:19), so what difference does it make? And FYI, as part of the basic tenets of Islam, mohammed is assumed as the 'last' and 'seal' of all prophets but the ahmadiyyas will disagree with you. Are the ahmadiyyas not true muslims?

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by true2god: 8:03am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
You dont get it, do you?. God revealed Quran simply in a language that we would understand enough to make Janna. But you can not translate God's infinite words and meanings. They are limitless. and are not bound by anything. If what i said confuses you, whose fault is that?. Me?
The bolded is the most irrational argument that only Muslims can rationalize. Arabic is the only language Allah can be communicated with in order to make jannah; so 80% of Muslims who cannot read and speak Arabic are shortchanged because of Allah's irrational policy. The old Muslim woman in Oshogbo, who don't understand a single word in Arabic, must start learning and praying in a foreign language (Arabic) so that when she dies she can make Allah's janna. allah words and meaning cannot be translated because they are limitless, according to your Islamic super-ego, pride, arrogance and supremacist religion who view other languages as inferior to the Arabs. No wonder almost all black Muslims had submitted to 'the Bilal' mentality of mental slavery to the Arabs (Tufiakwa!). For the fact that your Allah can only accept solat made in Arabic shows that he is as fake as 'marykay' and lipsticks.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by sagenaija: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:

The moment you translate Quran from its original arabic to another language, it loses 80% of it ingredients that other languages can grasp bcus some languages dont have exact word for the word used in the arabic Quran.
Example is surah Ikhlas, it reads, kul huwa Lahu ahad. Ahad is what i want to use. Ahad, if translated to english means (1) One literally. But from islamic view "One" mentioned in arabic Quran is not number 1 alphabet. Why?. Bcus if you say Allah is number 1 it means He is not one afterall bcus before 1 there is -1. Before minus 1, there is 0 (zero). Before zero, there is -0 and so on. So ahad if translated to english, a muslim know that it doesnt mean number 1 in numeric sense. Ahad means nothing before and nothing after Him. After hearing this, do you have one word for Ahad in english now?.
When a person communicates, like we doing right now, he does so to be understood.

Granted that a word in one language may not have the direct equivalent in another, a way can still be found to express the same meaning in the other language. In other words, where there is no equivalent word, concepts, illustrations or some other expressions can always be used to communicate meaning.

Allah more than anyone else knows that there is multiplicity of languages. To now insist that all must learn one single language before they can understand him means there is something wrong somewhere.

To answer your question on 'Ahad':
Yes! Most definitely. The word “UNIQUE” is a good fit.

I can use other sentences to explain the same thing you have stated but I think that, to prove my point, that word – UNIQUE – does justice to it. Have I helped you understand your koran or Arabic better? smiley
PS:
You may wish to see this -
Christian Prince Allah is ONE ONE WHAT
Christian Prince claims here that Moslems need to know more about their Allah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9zPz9bfp8
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:23am On Mar 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

The Gospel is simply "Good News" of Gods love and Solution to man's problem of hereafter. The question were is it is still with the assumption that it is a book. No sir. Jesus didn't even directly write a single line of the scriptures.

That is a big lie that the ones you mentioned are Muslims.
First, most of them are not even prophets, they are "Patriachs" or "Fathers"! A prophet is one who is "sent" by God to speak to His people. Hence, Abraham, Lot, Isaac, Ismael, Joseph are no prophets.

I know you Muslims have been brainwashed to say "they preached the oneness of God". If you know the Jews, that wasn't always a problem to them. Except you can show me an example from the Taurat or any other scriptures before Islam where you can show what their message were.

If Islam is for all as you claim, why must we master ancient Arabic to comprehend can Gods words in the Qur'an?

Our beliefs are simply different from your beliefs!

Our Qur'an we believe is from Allah to the Prophet Muhammad. The Bible in it's entirety can not be said to be from God. It is composed of words that seems like words of God, words of wise men, words of fools and immoral people, etc.

The Taurah and Injeel are lost! So the Bible we have this days are all works of copyist and writers from hearsay!

Those who worshiped with Moses, Abraham and Jesus speak same language with them. Why won't we learn the language of the last messenger of Allah?
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 9:23am On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
who is talking about "secrets" We not talking about secrets. I said you can't translate Allah words. His words are limitless and are not bound by time. Rather, they function for past, present and future. Allah doesn't speak our language. He revealed the Quran in language we can simply understand. and we grasped the message. Secrets are different subject entirely. Now let me give you example why i said you can not translate Quran. The moment you translate Quran from its original arabic to another language, it loses 80% of it ingredients that other languages can grasp bcus some languages dont have exact word for the word used in the arabic Quran.

Example is surah Ikhlas, it reads, kul huwa Lahu ahad. Ahad is what i want to use. Ahad, if translated to english means (1) One literally. But from islamic view "One" mentioned in arabic Quran is not number 1 alphabet. Why?. Bcus if you say Allah is number 1 it means He is not one afterall bcus before 1 there is -1. Before minus 1, there is 0 (zero). Before zero, there is -0 and so on. So ahad if translated to english, a muslim know that it doesnt mean number 1 in numeric sense. Ahad means nothing before and nothing after Him. After hearing this, do you have one word for Ahad in english now?. I don't think so. You can tell me if you have one. So translators use "One" which is closest english translation. So when Surah Ikhlas says "kul huwa Lahu ahad, all or most translators would translate as "say, 'He is One'. They used closest english word. For us as muslims, we understand that One mentioned in english translation means Absolute and Eternal. This is why some translations have these two words (Absolute and Eternal) next to One in the ayah to indicate there is no -1 or 0 or -0 after One. That's, nothing exist before Allah and nothing will exist after Him.

Do you understand what I am saying?. I can't help you if you dont understand. So everywhere you read in the Quran where Allah says He is One, it doesn't mean numeric no 1(alphabet). See why i said Quran can not be translated?. So this is called "at-tawheed" which literally translates "oneness of God". But if a muslim happens to have this idea that Allah means 1 in numeric sense, we would just tell him to secure more knowledge.

So this is not esoteric. This is what ahad means from the perspective of tawheed.
I am amazed at you.
You just translated/conveyed the meaning of Ahad into English. And I honestly understand what is meant.

So why do you insist that the Arabic language of the Qur'an cannot be translated?

1 Like

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 9:41am On Mar 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Of course! Very different.
And that's why the "Source" of the believe is also different. One is real and the other an impostor.

Rashduct4luv:

Our Qur'an we believe is from Allah to the Prophet Muhammad.
No problem!
But is Allah the same as Jehovah?

Rashduct4luv:

The Bible in it's entirety can not be said to be from God. It is composed of words that seems like words of God, words of wise men, words of fools and immoral people, etc.
The Qur'an is the only scripture that claim that God dictated the words.

None of the Earlier revealed scripture has God dictating the book. The scriptures came about as God instructed His servants to document events and happenings with respect to His will and how He relates to Man so that posterity would learn.

Rashduct4luv:

The Taurah and Injeel are lost! So the Bible we have this days are all works of copyist and writers from hearsay!

Those who worshiped with Moses, Abraham and Jesus speak same language with them. Why won't we learn the language of the last messenger of Allah?

Please answer this question truthfully:
1. At the time of Prophet Mohammed, was the Taurat, Zabura and Injeel existing?
2. If the books are lost why would the almighty Allah say:
Quran 5:67-69
Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law the Gospel and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.
Those who believe (in the Qur'an) those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures) and the Sabians and the Christians any who believe in Allah and the Last Day and work righteousness on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve.

Was Allah speaking of dead ancient people here? SMH

3 Likes

Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by sagenaija: 10:31am On Mar 21, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Our Qur'an we believe is from Allah to the Prophet Muhammad.
You may need to see this to add to your knowledge:
Christian Prince - Did Allah talk to Muhammad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxxXkjRUWg
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2019
true2god:
Highlight all the basic tenets of Islam and let us dissect them one by one. Even demons also believe in one God (James 2:19), so what difference does it make? And FYI, as part of the basic tenets of Islam, mohammed is assumed as the 'last' and 'seal' of all prophets but the ahmadiyyas will disagree with you. Are the ahmadiyyas not true muslims?
Nope. The rest of the Muslims disagree with them on this. And this is not tenet. Ahmadiyyah simply gave interpretation where there is none
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am amazed at you.
You just translated/conveyed the meaning of Ahad into English. And I honestly understand what is meant.

So why do you insist that the Arabic language of the Qur'an cannot be translated?
see what I'm saying?. See why I said if you don't understand I can't help you?. Let me leave you here for now
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by shadeyinka(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Empiree:
see what I'm saying?. See why I said if you don't understand I can't help you?. Let me leave you here for now
Maybe you only understand yourself. I just stated that I understand "Ahad"....if I can understand that, then, Ican understand anything translated from Arabic.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2019
sagenaija:

When a person communicates, like we doing right now, he does so to be understood.

Granted that a word in one language may not have the direct equivalent in another, a way can still be found to express the same meaning in the other language. In other words, where there is no equivalent word, concepts, illustrations or some other expressions can always be used to communicate meaning.

Allah more than anyone else knows that there is multiplicity of languages. To now insist that all must learn one single language before they can understand him means there is something wrong somewhere.

To answer your question on 'Ahad':
Yes! Most definitely. The word “UNIQUE” is a good fit.

I can use other sentences to explain the same thing you have stated but I think that, to prove my point, that word – UNIQUE – does justice to it. Have I helped you understand your koran or Arabic better? smiley
PS:
You may wish to see this -
Christian Prince Allah is ONE ONE WHAT
Christian Prince claims here that Moslems need to know more about their Allah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9zPz9bfp8

nice try. But let me bring your attention to your fellow CHRISTIAN who called himself plainbiblettruth, said during our back to discussions. He attributed UNIQUE to Jesus that there is none like him despite obvious limitations attributed to Jesus in your Bible. So unique in this sense is not ahad but for translation purposes, we understand what UNIQUE means.

Let me ask you a question. Do you now believe that Allah is God. The One, The Unique and The Absolute?. I asked bcuz your are speaking the and acknowledging Allah's Superiority in the name of trying to rebuke me.

Yes, Allah knows multiplicity of languages and I never said it is a must to learn Arabic to understand. Knowing Arabic simply gives you A+ but doesn't guarantee knowledge of the book. There are many Arabs who don't understand Qur'an and Quran is revealed in their language. Again, I do not have problem with the word "Unique". I am simply saying that it could be attributed to something or someone which eventually changes the intended meaning. Like for instance, dictionary says unique means a special person. Implication here is Allah is not a person or thing.

Again, I do not have problems with Quran being translated to other languages. But I am saying translated Qur'an is not Quran but explanation of the meaning. Quran, for recitation purposes is better recited as revealed for spiritual benefits. None Arabic speakers can always have translation side by side.
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Empiree: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

Maybe you only understand yourself. I just stated that I understand "Ahad"....if I can understand that, then, Ican understand anything translated from Arabic.
Alhamdululah... You said you understand Ahad. In that case, if you truly understand Ahad, and at the same time you believe Jesus is God or son of God, then you don't understand Ahad. See what I am saying?. You can't understand Ahad and remain Christian. This is obvious contradiction
Re: Christian Prince Explains Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2019
sagenaija:

You may need to see this to add to your knowledge:
Christian Prince - Did Allah talk to Muhammad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxxXkjRUWg

No time to waste on your videos. They are all craps!

Type or copy whatever he said here make we see!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Profile Of Saint Dikeji Daniel Miyerijesu: Jesus Holiness & Bishop Whole World / Biodun Fatoyinbo Demands N50m From Busola Dakolo, Files Counter-claim / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.