Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (199039 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2013
Good morning Seun,

I saw some of the comments you made in LB's thread. Very big of you to have commented when you do not have to. Again you showed that you do care about the opinions of members and for this my respect for you has started rising again.

Um Seun, I saw this comment from you and was shocked to say the very least:

Seun: I understand the way you all are feeling. You feel as if the decision is pro-Islamist, but really it's not.

I have decided to appoint one or two born-again Christian moderators in this section to replace the atheist I removed.

Please tell us that you were just pulling our legs. Have you ever wondered why some Christians refuse to patronise fellow Christians when they happen to meet one, at the market, who pull the 'I am your brother' card in a bid to sell his products?

It is bad enough that you suggested one 'born again' Christian and worse if they have to be two. One is enough to turn the religion section downside up. Even JeSoul had to drop a lot of things in order to become the great mod we see in her today. Sorry to say but I prefer one manmustwac over two so-called 'born again' Christians.

Now Seun, you are a business man and I guess you are quite good at it, judging from how successful nairaland has been. Do you honestly believe that recruiting two so-called 'born again' is good for business? See Seun, it's not just about being number 1 in Nigeria but more about staying at the top spot. And in order to do this you need to grow continually.

For your business to grow and sustain it's development, you need 'traffic' and to get 'traffic' you need people. Not just those who come for the first time but also those who would decide to come again. For one to come back for more, that individual needs to enjoy the services you render.

I know that you get the much needed 'traffic' from other sections but do not undermine the domino effect of just one section, especially when that section has to do with religion because it can ruin or make your business as far as you continue to carry on business in Nigeria.

No disrespect here but take a look at the Islam for Muslim section. The traffic there is nothing to write Grand ma about. I understand perfectly why you had to allow it and your decision is GOOD for business because whether we like it or not, Islam constitutes one of the major religions and its members enjoy the section the way it is.

Islam, in a sense, is homogeneous, Christianity is NOT. If you recruit the so called 'born agains' from this section then you are most likely to have mods whose views and actions are greatly impaired by what their definition of 'sanctity' is which most likely will piss off other Christians.

And before long this would take its toll on a number of members (including some Christians from other denominations). What you would have will be members who are not happy and when they are not happy, they are likely to shun nairaland all together which can affect the traffic in other sections too. This does not lead to growth.

The question hence would be: what exactly is the business rationale for recruiting the so called 'born again' mods? Seun, I love nairaland and wouldn't want to see the religion section fall to ruins. In my view, an ordinary everyday Christian who is tolerant is better than the so called 'born again' folks I see here every now and then.

We want JeSoul and manmustwack as our moderators please.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2013
stricklymi: ... Very big of you to have commented when you do not have to...

"do not have to"? Is it chickens that use Nairaland or human beings?

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Good question
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2013
Hi manmustwac,

What exactly are you feeling like? Obasanjo? 2face?? Abi na wacko jacko

Guy, if your boss demands an explanation from you please do the needful and send him a PM please.

I quite agree that the manner in which your name was removed is quite annoying but still Seun is the Don of nairaland and you need to show him some respect too.

I know respect is reciprocal but two wrongs NEVER make one right. The best way to express yourself now is be the mod and have a chat with your boss.

We want you because you have a level head when you are in your good days. You shouldn't let us down by not communicating with Seun.

Even if he decides to leave you out after sending the PM, at least you would have shown that we all have the right impression of you.

Truth be told, you have some blame in the matter. Mac is in charge of the Islam for Muslim section, not you. If you have a problem with his methods, take it to the appropriate authority.

I believe the chain of command should be: Mood ==> Supermod ==> Seun. First step should be to seek the counsel of your fellow mods who you might be in good terms with. If that doesn't work, you go to the supermods, if this still fails then you go to Seun. Seun shouldn't be disturbed unless it is necessary.

If the Supermods and Seun refuse to do anything about your complaints then you would have two options: (1) Swallow it or (2) Reject it and tender your resignation.

Those would be the honourable things to do. At least they are better than engaging your fellow mod in a fist fight in public.

Please, abeg, ejooor, make you no fall our hand o!

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi: Hi manmustwac,

What exactly are you feeling like? Obasanjo? 2face?? Abi na wacko jacko

Guy, if your boss demands an explanation from you please do the needful and send him a PM please.

I quite agree that the manner in which your name was removed is quite annoying but still Seun is the Don of nairaland and you need to show him some respect too.

I know respect is reciprocal but two wrongs NEVER make one right. The best way to express yourself now is be the mod and have a chat with your boss.

We want you because you have a level head when you are in your good days. You shouldn't let us down by not communicating with Seun.

Even if he decides to leave you out after sending the PM, at least you would have shown that we all have the right impression of you.

Truth be told, you have some blame in the matter. Mac is in charge of the Islam for Muslim section, not you. If you have a problem with his methods, take it to the appropriate authority.

I believe the chain of command should be: Mood ==> Supermod ==> Seun. First step should be to seek the counsel of your fellow mods who you might be in good terms with. If that doesn't work, you go to the supermods, if this still fails then you go to Seun. Seun shouldn't be disturbed unless it is necessary.

If the Supermods and Seun refuse to do anything about your complaints then you would have two options: (1) Swallow it or (2) Reject it and tender your resignation.

Those would be the honourable things to do. At least they are better than engaging your fellow mod in a fist fight in public.

Please, abeg, ejooor, make you no fall our hand o!

Carry your fake neutral stance away from here...

Manmustwacc did the sensible thing

-he first asked Maclatunji in the complaints section twice
-he then went to the mods forum

Dont talk as if MMC just went to flex power and make threats
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2013
Ihedinobi:

No he doesn't have to.

I am very sure if anyone has a problem with facebook and lodge a complaint, the owner won't be the one to respond to such complaint directly. This would be handled by other administrators.

The MD will only respond when it is necessary. Nairaland, though local, is a business and like every other business, there should be a chain of command.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

Carry your fake neutral stance away from here...

Manmustwacc did the sensible thing

-he first asked Maclatunji in the complaints section twice
-he then went to the mods forum

Dont talk as if MMC just went to flex power and make threats

This is exactly why Seun deserves respect. You just can't help it, can you?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi:

No he doesn't have to.

I am very sure if anyone has a problem with facebook and lodge a complaint, the owner won't be the one to respond to such complaint directly. This would be handled by other administrators.

The MD will only respond when it is necessary. Nairaland, though local, is a business and like every other business, there should be a chain of command.

Well, no one responded to MMC's complaint, hence no solid chain of command.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well, no one responded to MMC's complaint, hence no solid chain of command.

Agreed!

This should be remedied by Seun.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi:

No he doesn't have to.

Incredible! This insistence on fence-sitting will yet produce more ridiculous and absurd reasoning, man.

He doesn't have to because there ought to be a chain of command? Amazing! Allow me to explain business a little to you.

A business is nothing more than the bringing together of problems or needs and their solutions. If the problems or needs are not human problems or needs, there is no business; if the solutions are not human solutions, there is no business.

Nairaland offers Nigerians everywhere a marketplace of ideas. It allows us to deal with each other without killing ourselves. It's like the National Confab some of us asked for. It's also like a religion roundtable that is possible because we aren't physically present. It gives us a chance to share our thoughts on issues without risking bodily harm.

Seun offered Nairaland to us. That offering was a promise that our needs would be met. The instant we feel that the promise is being broken, it is only natural that we take him to task over it, is it not? Is it natural for him to refuse to task himself with our concerns?

Businesses survive by maintaining communication with the people they serve. When I talk to anyone in the chain of command of any business that serves me, I want to know that it's as good as talking to the guy who makes all the decisions. I don't give a rat's azs if the business chooses to have a rep attending to me, that's their problem. Mine is that I must know that I can take the business to task if I am not satisfied with the offering I receive as a solution to my needs. I must be confident that I'm heard when I speak.

Seun thus owes us his ear, his brains and his heart. If you dare to say that we don't pay for this service, feel free to explain how he gets any revenue at all if no one trafficked through here. We don't have to pay him directly for him to make a profit.

Fence-sitting is not always a smart idea, my friend.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Incredible! This insistence on fence-sitting will yet produce more ridiculous and absurd reasoning, man.

Didn't bother to read through when I saw the bold. Buzz me again when you decide to stop walking in Anony's shadow.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi:

Didn't bother to read through when I saw the bold. Buzz me again when you decide to stop walking in Anony's shadow.

slam.....

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2013
striktlymi:

At first, I didn't know what to make of this...I still don't. But, ok, whatever, bro.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2013
musKeeto:

slam.....

Dude, still on that? sad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 09, 2013
What happened to logic boy's thread on manmuswac? I can't find it anymore.Hope it has not been deleted.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2013
chukwudi44: What happened to logic boy's thread on manmuswac? I can't find it anymore.Hope it has not been deleted.

https://www.nairaland.com/1388995/manmustwac-been-sacked
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jesoul
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by wiegraf: 4:54am On Aug 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Erm, exactly what do you think you are? Some great and original crusader? Is it because of all the 'hello' you throw around?

You aren't fence sitting, then explain yourself to him rather than the silly ad hominem, as you do look like you're fence sitting or some similar nonsense.

As for the rest, just exactly why in the world should mmw 'apologize' or anything similar? I wouldn't advice him to take the position even if it were salaried, considering the 'oga at the top'.

@Seun didn't even hear @mmc's side of the story until @lb's thread, long after he'd booted him off. That's how much respect he has for @mmc. I wouldn't call that professional, would you? Not to mention he stated that he had intended to get rid of @mmc regardless. Seems he couldn't man up and do it properly, so he jumped at the slightest sliver of a 'chance' he could grasp at. Why couldn't he man up? Fear. Mostly money fear I would guess, but don't take my word for it. Definitely fear though. Then he has the gall to vilify a volunteer trying to sort out problems caused by his (ie @seuns) own policies... (sounds like yah'weh)

Consider the official reason for wanting to get rid of mmc. Apparently, @mmc didn't recommend enough xtian threads. Last I checked, both @mmc and @jesoul didn't pick the threads per se, they were recommended by us. Recommended threads were then forwarded by the mods to the supermods, who then decided if the thread was fit for the front page. That's 3 levels of checks right there. Sure the mods screened some, but considering the nature of this sub-forum, they did an excellent job. Not too many were complaining. And even if this were the real issue, could he not have addressed @mmc and told him to recommend more xtian threads?? What exactly is difficult about doing that?? Did he even try that?? Yet you expect mmw to show @seun respect that's clearly not deserved.

So, exactly why is he firing @mmc? Well, like I've already said; simply because he's been wanting to appease xtians for some time over, of course, the inherently discriminatory system that is NL's religion section. Where ayatollahs seem to have more rights than the rest of us. If I were to be dramatic (but not far off actually), I'd say it's a system akin to apartheid. Now, the system isn't mmw's fault, it's seun's. And, of course, a mod highlighting the problems with the system, the ticking time bomb that it is, is obviously bad for business. So let's make him the bad guy; enter "civil war" drivel

@seun even goes out of his way to state, even bolding out the words; "I'M APPOINTING 2 BORN AGAIN MODS". Nobody had even asked him to appoint even just an xtian mod at the time, let alone 2 born again ones.. No one asked, but he had to mention it first. A preemptive attack, to deal with questions he expected about the basic problems with his system; its intrinsic unfairness.

Why not just get rid of the silly /islam section? Fear. What of build separate xtian/atheist sections? Freedom of speech, ostensibly. Freedom of speech? Really? I have a suspicion it's naira related, but meh. I mean, exactly what is the harm of having both a separate xtian section and another section where freedom of speech reigns supreme? At least you'd be balancing the scales that way, no? I can think of only...traffic. Anyways, how are any of these problems mmw's fault?

Next mods are going to face the same issues, and if they have any balls, attempt to deal with them as well. What then? Will he pull something out of his a$$ again and get rid of them? What will he accuse them of trying to start? Armageddon?

It's plain ridiculous, and all your talk about mmc explaining himself to the boss etc is proper, arrant nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 10, 2013
^^^
Saving this on pc before it gets hidden.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by wiegraf: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^
Saving this on pc before it gets hidden.

Oops, lol. Don't worry, did that as well. I tend to for my longer rambles

He didn't even bother pandering to the atheist population. Remove atheist, replace with born agains....

Even if the debates we bring about may be popular, on our own our numbers simply aren't enough to merit the attention.... And he can't have us being too abrasive... He could claim he was under the impression most atheists wouldn't care, but that barely sticks...

Makes me think it's all about the naira, hope he isn't trying to paint another picture.. Freedom of speech my a$$
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 10, 2013
VACANCY: ATHEIST NEEDS TWO BORN-AGAIN MODERATORS. PLEASE APPLY WITHIN.
Benefits: No pay, and job security isn't guaranteed... We expect you obey Christ's instruction to be a cheerful giver..
grin grin

wiegraf:

Oops, lol. Don't worry, did that as well. I tend to for my longer rambles

He didn't even bother pandering to the atheist population. Remove atheist, replace with born agains....

Even if the debates we bring about may be popular, on our own our numbers simply aren't enough to merit the attention.... And he can't have us being too corrosive... He could claim he was under the impression most atheists wouldn't care, but that barely sticks...

Makes me think it's all about the naira, hope he isn't trying to paint another picture.. Freedom of speech my a$$

100% of the posts/threads on this forum are user generated. So regulars have a right to ask questions when the administrator makes overbearing decisions such as this.

And the hypocrisy is just in your face, the 'GEJ i don't give a damn what you think' type..
MMC gets sacked for not recommending enough Christian pages to frontpage, yet MacBantunji is given free rein to ban and delete posts and threads that question his moderation skills and Islamic doctrines... Good thinking..

And the solution to all this is hire 2 born again Christians as mods? Lol... I wonder how the screening exercise will be carried out. Would there be some sort of election? Would candidates be required to submit a born again certificate signed by the Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by cyrexx: 8:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Lolololol.

Muskeeto don kee me with laff o.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2013
cyrexx: Lolololol.

Muskeeto don kee me with laff o.
When a businessman with over a million customers(actual number of regular contributors on NL -- at least 10 posts a day -- I estimate would be less than 20000) says the actions of his moderator could start a civil war, my brother, everything turns to comedy... No be my fault o..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2013
Muskeeto:
[size=50pt] Would candidates be required to submit a born again certificate signed by the Holy Spirit? [/size]

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOLFD!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2013
musKeeto:
When a businessman with over a million customers(actual number of regular contributors on NL -- at least 10 posts a day -- I estimate would be less than 20000) says the actions of his moderator could start a civil war, my brother, everything turns to comedy... No be my fault o..
Lol. I'm beginning to lose interest in this forum/section.
Seun's explanation was too incomplete and illogical to take.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 10:42am On Aug 10, 2013
Two Christian mods means that all non religious posts will be srutinized x 2 before being considered to be hidden
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2013
manmustwac: Two Christian mods means that all non religious posts will be srutinized x 2 before being considered to be hidden

Does Seun care? ewould throw atheists under a bus just to get one million views from a post about TB Joshua's prophecy on the front page.

lol.....one of the reasons I campaigned for an atheist section.

What Seun doesnt realise is that controversy sells. Atheism is controversial in nigeria and people will discuss about it because they distrust it
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2013
manmustwac: Two Christian mods means that all non religious posts will be srutinized x 2 before being considered to be hidden

I still can't understand why you refused to send Seun a PM. I guess you are too angry to see the good in that...

Anyways, I agree that having two Christian mods is not what this section needs unless Seun has decided to turn the religion section into a Christian section.

I still want you to be one of the mods in this section despite what you and Seun think about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.