Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,020 members, 7,863,684 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (200771 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by maclatunji: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
striktlymi: Seun I am also not in support of this new move. If you want to play hard ball then we will play it the way you want. We will not stand by and watch this section lose its glory because you are being VERY UNREASONABLE.

The following are action plans we might adopt:

1) We will place an embargo on opening of new threads.

2) Anyone who disregard this would have his or her thread trolled while we ensure that every rule known and unknown are broken.

3) To do (2) we would create new monickers and any one that gets banned will have two more monickers created in its place.

Seun we have tried to reason with you but you would not listen.

Hello everyone, let me use this post as a reference point for all the other complaints as a moderator in this section.

First of all, I am as surprised as you guys are about my appointment.

Secondly, there is absolutely no need for trolling or negative actions in this section on account of my appointment. I am sure it is very temporary.

Thirdly, it is better for you all to put heads together and find suitable candidates that will become the moderators of this section.

Throwing tantrums won't get you positive results.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ChristKid1: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Seun who are you now going to blame for fueling pro muslim bias? Isn't that one of the idiotic reason you gave why mmw was sacked? That was a lie ain't It?

Are there no mods that would take up the job even if it's temporarily? What of Crazyman? He's a mod and also an active poster here. why not him?

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Hello everyone, let me use this post as a reference point for all the other complaints as a moderator in this section.

Secondly, there is absolutely no need for trolling or negative actions in this section on account of my appointment. I am sure it is very temporary.

Thirdly, it is better for you all to put heads together and find suitable candidates that will become the moderators of this section.

Thank you.
You are supposed to open a topic asking for candidates to put their name forward to volunteer for the mod job and sticky it. Do you want me to do it for you since nobody likes you and may ignore the thread since its coming from you?

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by mesther96(f): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
who is maclatunji?sad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ maclatunji: Why do you think you are strongly disliked ?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Maisuya1: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
manmustwac: You are supposed to open a topic asking for candidates to put their name forward to volunteer for the mod job and sticky it.

Unless you guys have an alternative course to take I think d above by MMW (or is it MMC) is a good suggestion.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Who are you deceiving here? You mean you weren't told before being appointed as moderator? And you just accepted it just like that?

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
maclatunji:

Thank you.

Hey Mac,

I have nothing personal against you or the way you run the Muslim section. As far as I am concerned, you are doing a great job with your section because I am yet to see any complaint from your brethren as regards the way you run the section.

But the truth here is that this section is so diverse. You already know that we have the Christian majority, the vocal Atheists, the irreligious and we even have some who are gay. The section is open to all and sundry.

Hence to be an effective moderator here one has to have a packed CV to include the following skills:

1) An ability to know what is deemed offensive to Christians.
2) An ability to know what is deemed offensive to Atheists and the irreligious.
3) Ability to promote good Christian threads without bias.
4) Ability to promote good Atheist threads without bias.
5) Not ban people arbitrarily (no offence intended).
6) An ability to tolerate a whole lot of shyt.
7) etc.

From what I have seen so far, I don't think you have the requisite skills and experience to carry on as moderator here, even if it is temporary. Even JeSoul does not possess all and that is why manmustwac was an effective complement.

So please understand when we say that Seun has indeed lost it.

5 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Hey Mac,

I have nothing personal against you or the way you run the Muslim section. As far as I am concerned, you are doing a great job with your section because I am yet to see any complaint from your brethren as regards the way you run the section.

But the truth here is that this section is so diverse. You already know that we have the Christian majority, the vocal Atheists, the irreligious and we even have some who are gay. The section is open to all and sundry.

Hence to be an effective moderator here one has to have a packed CV to include the following skills:

1) An ability to know what is deemed offensive to Christians.
2) An ability to know what is deemed offensive to Atheists and the irreligious.
3) Ability to promote good Christian threads without bias.
4) Ability to promote good Atheist threads without bias.
5) Not ban people arbitrarily (no offence intended).
6) An ability to tolerate a whole lot of shyt.
7) etc.

From what I have seen so far, I don't think you have the requisite skills and experience to carry on as moderator here, even if it is temporary. Even JeSoul does not possess all and that is why manmustwac was an effective complement.

So please understand when we say that Seun has indeed lost it.
Well said. Now comes the hidden posts.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ Maclatunji,

You 'might' not like this truth I'm about to say but I will say it anyway.

First of all, I want to believe you're older than Seun and as a Yoruba, you should be in a position to tell Seun the truth should he err in making some decisions. You can't tell me that Seun didn't inform you before placing you as moderator, interim or whatever and you know that's not right considering it was the issue between you and MMW that led to his removal - In Yoruba, agbalagba ma n t'ole ni, agbalagba o ki n da Ile ru.

Even if Seun is appointing you as interim, you are suppose to play an elderly role advising and telling the truth and reasons it shouldn't be you, for any reason he may present.

Lastly, you know the Yorubas will say, one man can cook for a whole community and the whole community will eat that food to finish and ask for more BUT IF the whole community cook for one man, how can such man eat such food to finish?

Don't under estimate people here!

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Goshen360: @ Maclatunji,

You 'might' not like this truth I'm about to say but I will say it anyway.

First of all, I want to believe you're older than Seun In Yoruba, agbalagba ma n t'ole ni, agbalagba o ki n da Ile ru.

Even if Seun is appointing you as interim, you are suppose to play an elderly role advising and telling the truth and reasons it shouldn't be you, for any reason he may present.

Emm, sweery, acshually, he is younger than Seun. Don't ask me how I know but Seun is the agbalagbongbo here lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

For even more lolz;

https://www.nairaland.com/1392512/blood-jesus-wetin
Lmao!! Lwkmd!!! Chei, una no go kill me for NL cheesy cheesy

O God! cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by maclatunji: 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
.@Manmustwac, you simply quoted Nairaland policy. Secondly, I am not here to be 'liked'. However, I am here and order must prevail regardless of people's sentiments.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Emm, sweery, acshually, he is younger than Seun. Don't ask me how I know but Seun is the agbalagbongbo here lipsrsealed undecided

Why I no go act you how you take know? You go explain yourself when time reach....you know wetin I fit do shey? wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Why I no go act you how you take know? You go explain yourself when time reach....you know wetin I fit do shey? wink
Make the time reach na wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ maclatunji: Why do you think you are strongly disliked ?
I too wonder... tongue grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Make the time reach na wink

Okay, this one na personal talk. Make Tunji matter no come pour sand-sand for our garri. wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
manmustwac: You are supposed to open a topic asking for candidates to put their name forward to volunteer for the mod job and sticky it. Do you want me to do it for you since nobody likes you and may ignore the thread since its coming from you?
Lwkmd!! O God, my ribs! sad cry cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
tunji u know i know few things about u than most pple on NL.

before mukina2 influenced ur appointment as a mod in 2011, you were just a wannabee blogger.

you openly professed ur love for deols who rejected u but u started a fight with her. It took the intervention of mukina2 before everything died down. for evidence go to muslim singles thread.

on that same thread, you called me all sorts of names.

My point is that, i know u cos i ve known you to be selfish and stubborn.

as a yoruba guy, you know that when u arent welcomed in a place, u take a bow before u are bowed out.

the best thing for you to do if you're honourable is to turn down this post cos no one wants u

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, this one na personal talk. Make Tunji matter no come pour sand-sand for our garri. wink
Lmao! I don't know if I can laugh anymore. My stomach aches cheesy cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
toba: tunji u know i know few things about u than most pple on NL.

before mukina2 influenced ur appointment as a mod in 2011, you were just a wannabee blogger.

you openly professed ur love for deols who rejected u but u started a fight with her. It took the intervention of mukina2 before everything died down. for evidence go to muslim singles thread.

on that same thread, you called me all sorts of names.

My point is that, i know u cos i ve known you to be selfish and stubborn.

as a yoruba guy, you know that when u arent welcomed in a place, u take a bow before u are bowed out.

the best thing for you to do if you're honourable is to turn down this post cos no one wants u
*chokes on popcorn* shocked shocked shocked

O brother Tunji... wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DejiYesufu(m): 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ Maclatunji

BTW moderator, I am Drummaboy. I had to resort to this monicker I have not used in years because Drummaboy has just been banned.

Thank you for banning me simply because I commented on someone who refered us to a rival social forum.

You are very welcome. You can ban this monicker too. I am already getting tired of this forum with your high handedness and lack of democratic freedom.

I sent Seun a private message on the banning of manmustwac this morning and what do I get as reward, a ban by evening time.

Goodluuck! And we are blaming Jonthan!! The one we get here sef pass Sani Abacha!!!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DRPYGRU: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Freee pygru from spambot!!!!!!!!!!!

AntispamBot banned Pygru for https://www.nairaland.com/1392228 /seun-caves-again-terrorists /3#17351243. Ban expires at Today at 11:32:12 PM.
Banned by AntispamBot in Religion for https://www.nairaland.com/1392228 /seun-caves-again-terrorists /3#17351243. Ban expires on10:32pmOnAug 11
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ishilove:
Lmao! I don't know if I can laugh anymore. My stomach aches cheesy :d

Na so naw wink I no want tunji matter come pour sand-sand for my garri. Make e no come be like I dey carry another man load for head but dey hold my own load for hand.... grin grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
DR PYGRU: Freee pygru from spambot!!!!!!!!!!!

AntispamBot banned Pygru for https://www.nairaland.com/1392228 /seun-caves-again-terrorists /3#17351243. Ban expires at Today at 11:32:12 PM.
Banned by AntispamBot in Religion for https://www.nairaland.com/1392228 /seun-caves-again-terrorists /3#17351243. Ban expires on10:32pmOnAug 11

So you be Doctor? Haaaaaaaa, omo araye! grin grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Goshen360:

Na so naw wink I no want tunji matter come pour sand-sand for my garri. Make e no come be like I dey carry another man load for head but dey hold my own load for hand.... grin grin grin
You don show sey you no be learner grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.