Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:54 PM

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me (49759 Views)

My Mom Is Too Stubborn! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Obsession With My Girlfriend Is Tearing Me Apart. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Steal her pant and use her for ritual

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
Some man went out of his way to ‘explain’ to us what women mean by the term mainsplain.

Lmao. And mansplaining isn’t a thing?

When you think you know a term better than the person who came up with it, can someone say mansplain? Thank you for proving my point.

No, what it means in practice is that a man should not say anything at worse, or at least refrain from negating views espouse by a woman. If there is no female equivalent, then its horse shit. And that's what you're doing here, saying that I proved your point, meanwhile, you're not actually engaging but want me to shut up and just accept your views without questioning.

Mansplaining as well as manspreading (to name a few) are basically nonsense attacking men as a gender, nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
You have no clue what you’re talking about. The fact that you think you do on this subject and I actually have to tell you what brought about the term in the first place is the exact definition of mansplaining. Because you’re so clearly wrong about it. However because you’re a man, you think you should be the one to tell me what it means.

Mansplaining doesn’t seek for men to shut up.
it seeks that you shut up and listen when a woman is discussing a topic in which she’s more knowledgeable than you. It doesn’t apply in all situations and has nothing to do with an actual debate between two male and female equals. It applies to situations where the man can benefit from listening but won’t. Because he’s the man and must know it all.

It’s a female experience. Something you have never experienced but think you’re an authority on. Smh.
pansophist:

No, what it means in practice is that a man should not say anything at worse, or at least refrain from negating views espouse by a woman. If there is no female equivalent, then its horse shit. And that's what you're doing here, saying that I proved your point, meanwhile, you're not actually engaging but want me to shut up and just accept your views without questioning.

Mansplaining as well as manspreading (to name a few) are basically nonsense attacking men as a gender, nothing more.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by kriss27(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
You’re a control freak. She’s not your child!

Just listen to yourself and the words you’re saying.

You want to control her
You’re correcting her
You’re raising your voice at her
You get upset that she talks back at you.

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

You’re just upset that she isn’t accepting of your mansplaining.
What normal person looks for who to control?

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder who is raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.
I see! Feminist
GTFOH
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
She’s better off without you.

K
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by iRepNaija1: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kennydoc:

You see, you're the one that missed the point I was trying to make. I mentioned that I understood her annoyance because the op made it seem like he wanted to control or lord it over the girl. I am sure in reality, that's not what he was referring to.

Talking about taking corrections, nobody is always right. Corrections can be given by any of the partners in a relationship or marriage. I wasn't trying to make it seem like the woman must always take corrections from the man. The question is, the few times the man points out her errors to her, how does she respond to it? I once dated a girl who used to get very angry if I made attempt to correct her over any issue. At a point, I almost started getting scared whenever I was with her and an issue arose.

You see, I have had a personal experience about this and I can tell you that with a reasonable man, a submissive woman ultimately rules. I can never see myself shouting at my babe now. It's almost impossible, yet in my past relationships, I had moments of shouting and bitter exchange of words. Why is it different now? By her submission and gentility, she has brought out the best of me. If I correct her over anything, she thanks me, and for that reason, if she corrects me, I won't start proving that I was right. I simply listen to her. At the beginning, I used to be scared of correcting her cos of my past experiences until I realised she has a better approach to issues.

You don't have to agree with me especially with respect to the submission issue. If you're a feminist or a sympathiser of feminists, the whole submission ish will sound like nonsense to you. You have a right to disagree with me, but I can tell you boldly that a woman who humbly lets her husband take the lead ultimately gets full control. I'm sure you've heard of the term "woman wrapper". That's what submissive women turn their husbands to (especially if they are reasonable men like me). Such men can go any length just to please them and make them happy.

Yeah, I'm not reading all of this. Just know I didn't mention feminism. You did.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by grafixdon: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
OP. I saw a vision� very clear vision, it's a very bad omen. You're going to get married to this lady and your life will be miserable... You'll run when nothing is pursuing you.

Run now. Run and never look back.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Purplekush(m): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
frostylook:

Lols. I see you a follower of Leke Alder's JacknJillive. But in this case, the lady doesn't want a break-up, the OP has made her out to be the subgated person and the lesser one. She sees right through that and is not having any of it. She wants equal respect, hence her agression is a defense mechanism. The OP can either step up and learn a more inclusive/respectful way of relating with her or he can step it.

Never heard the name, Leke Alder, before. Just looked him up on Google. I used to run a Men's blog (www.lashgator.com) so I know a whole lotta stuff about women and their b.s mind games.

Besides, the op, Frostylook is obviously a Beta Male. It's sad he let his girl take on the dominant Alpha role in the relationship

You see...

Women can tell you all sorts of crap ranging from calling you names to "you're not man enough" but do you know the ONE THING women will NEVER EVER say to a man she's with?

It's simple - I DON'T LIKE YOU!

Bruh, women would rather piss you off to Hell and back but will find it extremely difficult to tell a man to his face that she doesn't like me.

Because it makes her look bad. I mean, she choose to be with u in the first place.

And no. I don't think it's about equality. It's more about balance... And role play.

You see a Macho guy who prolly bench presses 150kg barbells succumb and act spineless whenever a barnie comes around.

Showing weakness as a man is never sexy nor manly, I agree. But then if your woman shows you upfront that she doesn't wanna be submissive to you then you walk!!

Because she's 100% replaceable!

And if u don't show her you can dump her ass she will do the dumping herself.

Men who lay their hands on women do so because he knows he can't get her to SUBMIT to him without being physically violent.

I once had a girl during NYSC with whom I was in an open relationship with... And she's manipulative in a girly way and all... But anytime she pushes me past my threshold, I walk her out of my room or I leave the house for her.

It doesn't matter if she's in my place or if I'm in hers.

I just gotta leave that scene else I'll hit her. No jokes.
I have anger issues and walking away has always done it for me.

And as soon as I make my move to leave, that's when the MAGIC happens. It's like a high that fades away instantly!

She always blocks my way and begs for me to stay.

Some days she locks the door and hides the key in her bra.. that crazy biitch.

And no matter how turned on I get trying to retrieve the keys from her bra, I never fall for it.

Why??

Because there are a dozen other babes out there!

Like God, it hurts me to know one can't bang all the chicks there is in the world. It's called having An Abundance Mindset.... something every man needs to have in other to make the transition from Beta to Alpha.

Let the OP walk her down the aisle for all I care. I think k he's into some sadistic or masochist shiit.

I'm done with this b.s thread man.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 12:12am On Mar 09, 2019
cococandy:

Mansplaining doesn’t seek for men to shut up. it seeks that you shut up and listen when a woman is discussing a topic in which she’s more knowledgeable than you. It’s a female experience.
Ok. So what is the coined name of the term that requires a woman to shut-up when a man is discussing a topic which he is more knowledgable? Because if there is no name for it, then it implies that a woman can not be wrong? In other words, is ignorance a gendered thing applicable to men only?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 12:30am On Mar 09, 2019
The same reasons why there isn’t a white history month, or straight pride or nazi Remembrance Day.

Some things become a necessity because of how the other side of the equation behaves.

Women usually don’t dominate conversations even when they are more knowledgeable much less when the men are more knowledgeable. It’s something that rarely happens.

pansophist:

Ok. So what is the coined name of the term that requires a woman to shut-up when a man is discussing a topic which he is more knowledgable? Because if there is no name for it, then it implies that a woman can not be wrong? In other words, is ignorance a gendered thing applicable to men only?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 09, 2019
Your GF OR YOUR BOSS
Mumu
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 1:17am On Mar 09, 2019
cococandy
The same reasons why there isn’t a white history month, or straight pride or nazi Remembrance Day. Some things become a necessity because of how the other side of the equation behaves.

This is a false equivalence, its red-herring. It is a fallacy of inconsistency. You cant compare mansplaining with genocide. seriously? smh.

Women usually don’t dominate conversations even when they are more knowledgeable much less when the men are more knowledgeable. It’s something that rarely happens.

Since you can't answer my question (because you surely have no answer for it), you are saying these? Should I look for videos on youtube where women are ''womansplaining''? If you want, request and I will give you links to many.

Mansplaining is rubbish, it is nonsensical, and a genderisation of something everyone does (both gender). interrupting others, or dominating them when they talk is something humans do, not just the male gender. Learn to think for yourself, and stop being a disposable sentient to some stupid women creating such terms as mansplaining, manbreathing and manspreading.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by opeano(m): 1:28am On Mar 09, 2019
Shugargal:
ummm dem de lose dreads now? abeg tell us something we don't know

By Lose.. I mean, let her do away with Dread.
Cut it and groom a new crop of hair.

That Dread makes ladies care less and makes them even more stubborn for those that are self willed before
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by nextnear(m): 2:54am On Mar 09, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry
don't do anything, just watch and pray, either the magic or miracle, one go happen.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 3:38am On Mar 09, 2019
I’m by no means equating those and you know it.

A collation of YouTube videos of women interrupting or dominating a conversation can’t negate the fact it’s predominantly a male trait.

If I hadn’t ever been told to keep quiet because “what do you women know?” Or have my opinion dismissed as emotions when a heated male in the same argument is regarded as logical then I would believe you that I am not thinking for myself.

But as usual, carry on. Tell me all about it.
pansophist:
cococandy

This is a false equivalence, its red-herring. It is a fallacy of inconsistency. You cant compare mansplaining with genocide. seriously? smh.
Since you can't answer my question (because you surely have no answer for it), you are saying these? Should I look for videos on youtube where women are ''womansplaining''? If you want, request and I will give you links to many.

Mansplaining is rubbish, it is nonsensical, and a genderisation of something everyone does (both gender). interrupting others, or dominating them when they talk is something humans do, not just the male gender. Learn to think for yourself, and stop being a disposable sentient to some stupid women creating such terms as mansplaining, manbreathing and manspreading.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by frozen70(f): 5:05am On Mar 09, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

She already knows that you can't do without her

Thats the impression you gave her

It's either you leave to go at this early stage when nothing is attached or you endure for life

But she won't change because she is naughty by nature

If by error she becomes pregnant for you, sorry that's the end
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2019
cococandy:
I’m by no means equating those and you know it.

A collation of YouTube videos of women interrupting or dominating a conversation can’t negate the fact it’s predominantly a male trait.

If I hadn’t ever been told to keep quiet because “what do you women know?” Or have my opinion dismissed as emotions when a heated male in the same argument is regarded as logical then I would believe you that I am not thinking for myself.

But as usual, carry on. Tell me all about it.

And does it occurs to you that your opinion was dismissed because its illogical, unsubstantiated, and dont stand up to scrutiny? Does it occur to you that women also can dismiss your opinion ? Does it occur to you that men also dismiss other men? Why genderise it? If your Male teacher corrects you, is it mansplaining? Smh

And men generally can attest to situations when they were told by women to shut up and listen, because somehow, we do not understand the female experience (even though women also dont understand the Male experience, but okay). Now men walk on egg shells just not to offend snowflakes, since any little thing can be interpreted as sexism, misogyny, and treating women as unequal. Stop acting like suffering is a woman only thing. In as much as I understand that victimism can be lucrative for you in this era, its unattractive and a hallmark of a low quality human. The only way to satisfy women that believe in nonsense like mansplaining is just to shut up and say nothing, since dismissing your point that is completely horse shiiit is mansplaining undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by greatcrown: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
Continue!

Something will stop you!!

I pray it will not be death!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by MissRaine69(f): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2019
You are the only person that needs to be reset to factor settings.
You are the only person keeping you in this relationship. You built a prison, locked yourself up and yet you have a key.
You are the ninja we will read about who got stabbed by the woman he married.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
You haven’t said something wrong in this post. But again it only applies in a situation of two equals in a debate. All of what you mentioned can happen and is no real problem in an atmosphere of two equals.

But in a situation where a woman clearly knows better and is the superior debater on that subject, asking her to keep quiet because “what do women know?” Is mansplaining. Attempting to dismiss her facts/opinions because the male angle must be logical while hers is automatically emotional is mansplaining.

The fact that you can’t differentiate the two situations and are still arguing like I’m talking about all situations even after I have said otherwise SEVERALLY, shows you’re not listening to me.

You have to be right. There’s a name for it grin

pansophist:

And does it occurs to you that your opinion was dismissed because its illogical, unsubstantiated, and dont stand up to scrutiny? Does it occur to you that women also can dismiss your opinion ? Does it occur to you that men also dismiss other men? Why genderise it? If your Male teacher corrects you, is it mansplaining? Smh

And men generally can attest to situations when they were told by women to shut up and listen, because somehow, we do not understand the female experience (even though women also dont understand the Male experience, but okay). Now men walk on egg shells just not to offend snowflakes, since any little thing can be interpreted as sexism, misogyny, and treating women as unequal. Stop acting like suffering is a woman only thing. In as much as I understand that victimism can be lucrative for you in this era, its unattractive and a hallmark of a low quality human. The only way to satisfy women that believe in nonsense like mansplaining is just to shut up and say nothing, since dismissing your point that is completely horse shiiit is mansplaining undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
cococandy:

You have to be right. There’s a name for it grin

No, you have a need to be right, and I have a need to Make sense. I'm focused on debunking what you wrote, and you're focused on making sure you're the right one. You're projecting. I've noticed how you systematically avoided all my hard points, and keep dismissing. its specious, a red herring, an attempt in sophistry.

To the logical mind in this forum, you've just successfully exposed yourself as someone with no depth, cant corroborate and accept when your arguments are completely false and makes no sense. Mansplaining is a nonsensical term, and I dont care who coined it, probably a man hating feminist and you're here, swallowing it like someone who can't think logically. Smh
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Viicfuntop(f): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
BayMc:

Theresa May controls the UK?! Okay! Buhh what really do u know about her?! You know nothinq about her private and love life! You don't know how she runs her life, so your reference is invalid!

"We are all equal"?! No, we're not! And if you have problem with that, qo arque with God, and that's if you're not an atheist.

And u say no man can control u?! I quess your father is always havinq a hard time puttinq u on the riqht path! In fact with time, your mum would be havinq touqh time as well, tryinq to instill some morals in you.
A time will come when not only mahn buhh "no-one" would be able to control u anymore, includinq your boss at work'place.

You know what I meant by no man can control me. My parents are liberal people. My father doesn’t need to demand it. When you said that my mum might have problem trying to instill morals, you ended up showing that your own parents forgot to teach you manners. You possible said it to strike a nerve. Leave elders out of your discussion. My father doesn’t control my mother. I don’t need to give you details about that.
Back to the point of this comment, I said no man can control me. I respect everyone, well if you earn it. You call yourself my man and you want me to just sit and listen to everything you say. I am not suppose to have an opinion. I shouldn’t talk back at you when you do because what, you are the superior human. Nah, it doesn’t work like that. Maybe because of the way I was brought up and the people I grew up with. Let me tell you one that happened recently. I have this friend for over 5 years until it graduated to the feelings part last year and I did like him also and was willingly to give it a try but I told myself one I click 23, I wouldn’t waste my time in anyone that doesn’t have the same principles with me and I have been following that seriously. I, personally will love to enjoy my man in my marriage even of it means, the kids get to stay at their grandparents once in a while. I will also love to see my parents regularly at least once in a month when they are staying in the same state. He said if we are married, I would have to take permission from him to go see my parents and I can only see them once in two years. I swear I thought he was kidding, but he was not joking. Why would I marry a man who would not be comfortable in me going to see my parents in marriage. My grandma stays in ondo and my mum sees her at meats once in a month. Never have I seen my dad one day said don’t go. So I kept asking him for like two weeks because I wanted to be justified with I would do when he remained adamant. Well he remained adamant and I ended something that didn’t even start. I literally stopped being a friend to him. That was too harsh, but it was better than the inevitable ending.
So young man, no man control me but we should respect each other. I am not yours to control. I’ll seek your advice because you are my partner. You tell me to do something I can’t do I’ll tell you why I can’t. I don’t know. The last man I was with showed me a new light in relationship. We were very good friends. In his words “Victoria I don’t want you doing this, because of this reason, not you shouldn’t do this. I feel like I have written a whole. So my point is if we don’t share the same mind, I wouldn’t be with the person. I unfollowed every celebrity that voted buhari and rejoiced about his re-election. That’s just me. Unfollowed tuface because of the yahoo statement. I don’t kiss ass. I once had a stubborn boss during service. He bullied me because I was too quiet and he thought I couldn’t talk back. Insulted me in front of my fellow corpers, until I could take it no more then I talked back at him and told him to do his worse. What’s the worse that would happen? Nysc would tell me to repeat it in five years or what? When I took that decision, I had already damned all consequences. You have no idea how controlling/bullying affects one emotionally.
Sorry for my long epistle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
Oh my goodness. grin

Oh well have it your way.

The women who experience mansplaining are obviously not sure of what they experienced. Until you tell us what it is that we experienced and what the name is.

I should have ignored you . My bad.

You’re being logical. I am being emotional. As usual

pansophist:

No, you have a need to be right, and I have a need to Make sense. I'm focused on debunking what you wrote, and you're focused on making sure you're the right one. You're projecting. I've noticed how you systematically avoided all my hard points, and keep dismissing. its specious, a red herring, an attempt in sophistry.

To the logical mind in this forum, you've just successfully exposed yourself as someone with no depth, cant corroborate and accept when your arguments are completely false and makes no sense. Mansplaining is a nonsensical term, and I dont care who coined it, probably a man hating feminist and you're here, swallowing it like someone who can't think logically. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Viicfuntop(f): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
MNDY:

Who or what made us equal if I may ask pls? A man's psychology and perspective is different from that of a woman's. Nature made it that way.

The man is the head, nothing can change that. Feminism is unAfrican, unbiblical, a distortion of God's natural order, and it will only lead to chaos.

Feminism is just like another apple Lucifer is enticing you lot with, and it of course has its own consequences. The Bible says wives submit to your husband (the head) and husbands love your wives. What does the Head do? He controls.

What is the head without the body? I would type a lot but I need to rest for an hour
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
Viicfuntop:

You know what I meant by no man can control me. My parents are liberal people. My father doesn’t need to demand it. When you said that my mum might have problem trying to instill morals, you ended up showing that your own parents forgot to teach you manners. You possible said it to strike a nerve. Leave elders out of your discussion. My father doesn’t control my mother. I don’t need to give you details about that.
Back to the point of this comment, I said no man can control me. I respect everyone, well if you earn it. You call yourself my man and you want me to just sit and listen to everything you say. I am not suppose to have an opinion. I shouldn’t talk back at you when you do because what, you are the superior human. Nah, it doesn’t work like that. Maybe because of the way I was brought up and the people I grew up with. Let me tell you one that happened recently. I have this friend for over 5 years until it graduated to the feelings part last year and I did like him also and was willingly to give it a try but I told myself one I click 23, I wouldn’t waste my time in anyone that doesn’t have the same principles with me and I have been following that seriously. I, personally will love to enjoy my man in my marriage even of it means, the kids get to stay at their grandparents once in a while. I will also love to see my parents regularly at least once in a month when they are staying in the same state. He said if we are married, I would have to take permission from him to go see my parents and I can only see them once in two years. I swear I thought he was kidding, but he was not joking. Why would I marry a man who would not be comfortable in me going to see my parents in marriage. My grandma stays in ondo and my mum sees her at meats once in a month. Never have I seen my dad one day said don’t go. So I kept asking him for like two weeks because I wanted to be justified with I would do when he remained adamant. Well he remained adamant and I ended something that didn’t even start. I literally stopped being a friend to him. That was too harsh, but it was better than the inevitable ending.
So young man, no man control me but we should respect each other. I am not yours to control. I’ll seek your advice because you are my partner. You tell me to do something I can’t do I’ll tell you why I can’t. I don’t know. The last man I was with showed me a new light in relationship. We were very good friends. In his words “Victoria I don’t want you doing this, because of this reason, not you shouldn’t do this. I feel like I have written a whole. So my point is if we don’t share the same mind, I wouldn’t be with the person. I unfollowed every celebrity that voted buhari and rejoiced about his re-election. That’s just me. Unfollowed tuface because of the yahoo statement. I don’t kiss ass. I once had a stubborn boss during service. He bullied me because I was too quiet and he thought I couldn’t talk back. Insulted me in front of my fellow corpers, until I could take it no more then I talked back at him and told him to do his worse. What’s the worse that would happen? Nysc would tell me to repeat it in five years or what? When I took that decision, I had already damned all consequences. You have no idea how controlling/bullying affects one emotionally.
Sorry for my long epistle

younq woman, you're understood.
And i quite aqree with your principles.

On personal terms, i don't do those controllinq stuffs.
In fact if marriaqe happens, spontaneity imbued in me would warrant the partner to be seen as equal, and not as someone lesser or inferior, in fact, she'll have the same riqhts I have. "Reasoninq toqether" before taking steps would happen a lot. Yellinq, inconvenientinq each other...no no, i don't do those stuffs. All she'll have to do is know her place with me, and respect me!
Behavinq like a God over someone's life is a no-no with me, cos I won't want another person to act like a God over my life. What i won't take from you, I won't do you!

But come what may, still, the husband had been pronounced "the head" by God, so "controllinq" can't really totally be ruled out just like that. Its just that...it shouldn't turn qrandiloquent
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Shugargal(f): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
opeano:

By Lose.. I mean, let her do away with Dread.
Cut it and groom a new crop of hair.

That Dread makes ladies care less and makes them even more stubborn for those that are self willed before
ohhh OK I understand you now, but what makes you think having dreads now make women stubborn? I will appreciate your response in more elaborate way. thank you
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by MNDY(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Viicfuntop:

What is the head without the body? I would type a lot but I need to rest for an hour

Pls do type it when you're done resting. I'll be waiting to read it.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kseafresh: 12:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Misslagbaja:

I don't expect you to agree with her. You all want dolls you can twist and turn anyhow you like.
Women will always support other Women even if they know Their wrong and phoolish....So i don't blame ur ignorance
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Renegadefrank(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

Thanks my brother I appreciate
You're welcome
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by opeano(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
Shugargal:
ohhh OK I understand you now, but what makes you think having dreads now make women stubborn? I will appreciate your response in more elaborate way. thank you

I am saying this based on my observation and some few people opinion that I have also noticed. No research has been able to point it out though.

I will appreciate the guys here who is dating any lady with a Dread(as old as a year or two) say a thing about the lady in their life.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Shugargal(f): 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
opeano:

I am saying this based on my observation and some few people opinion that I have also noticed. No research has been able to point it out though.

I will appreciate the guys here who is dating any lady with a Dread(as old as a year or two) say a thing about the lady in their life.
Smiles... anyway thanks for your response but I don't think dreads has anything to do with women being stubborn, I don't know if you're talking base on experience but I believe maybe it could be base on individual personalities.cheers.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by swdigitals(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2019
You know exactly what to do. You don't need anybody to tell you that the relationship is nothing but a toxic one. You deserve better.

Forget love ooo. For a relationship to stand there are so many variables to consider and love is just occupying a number below so many others.

Leave the relationship and find someone else that's not feeling so big of herself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Did You Find Out Your Partner Was Cheating? / Guys, Can You Sleep With A Wife Material On First Date? / Pre-Wedding Pictures Of Two Plus-Sized Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.