Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me (48255 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / My Mom Is Too Stubborn! / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2019
Hollawayn05:

sorry bro
also facing same issue
love won't let me leave her yet cos I too gate jumping from one lady to anoda
if I may ask
which state is she from?

She is from akwa ibom

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by lilianofentse(f): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2019
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by crunchyg: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2019
lilianofentse:

Why the sud
its because fair people make me wanna react anytime I talk with them
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Miniano: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

Hey bro I have been in your shoes some years back I met this girl she was quite and calm she Begs me even if I offended her it lasted for 4 months then bling the love became something else she feels too important she too over protective too sausy.

One day I sat down and think about this I can't continue living my life like the I sent her a break up message she pleaded and I accepted her back she baahve very well for another one week she bling shes back to her previous wahala character she hates it when you try to control her or tell her things she doesn't double date r have any other guys she's just too arrogant and never wanted to be under a man's command.

This are the cause I noticed if your girlfriend is from a polygamous family her dad or mum has been separated since birthy brother this can be the main causes of this issue.

Because she was not taught how to leave with a man so she never know what a man is. My advice for you bro is just to leave her alone no matter how much u love her u will end up regretting you married her I pray you don't regret in name of God.

Remember sugar came sweet but we no fit swallow am this means no matter how much u love some people in your life you have to let them go.

I had to call my ex girlfriend and call her about our relationship I had a conclusion with her on phone call she should move on with her life that's how I survived. It will be very hard for her to listen to you she's gonna turn you to someone that will be beating his wife because they would be some day you won't be able to tolerate all her characters again. My advice

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by jaron55(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2019
Tell yourself the truth, if your the types that need to be respected by your partner, you still find such
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Divine200: 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

I'm not a control freak. I don't want to control her she should just listen. She doesn't want to take anything I tell her at all not minding me. If for example I tell her to come see me she will object and say she is not in the mood to go out or she is watching TV if I try to sweet talk her to come she stands on her no. If she says no it's no. It's that shit I hate I mean how can you just say no to your man like that and not even consider him even if he is begging you? Girl I plan to marry? That shit is just bleeped up.
She doesn't love you. Period!
I guess she is using to while away time.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Godson201333(m): 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:
Good evening everyone, I have an issue, I just met this girl recently. At first she seemed very calm quite and reserved until I got to find out that she is this very impatient type of person that gets angry easily and talks back at one, if I ever try to raise my voice at her when she does something I don't like she will be like "are you shouting at me I don't understand, you are raising your voice?"

I am now even scared to talk to her and correct her because she will talk back at me and it will lead to argument because I hate my gf talking back at me, and she is so fucking proud and won't calm down and I too am the type that get angry easily, I can't seem to cope with this her character guys I'm thinking of ending the relationship, but it's hard cause I got attached to her already

She has refused to be controlled and like to do what ever pleases her. She basically wants to make the rules in this relationship and I don't want to let her so I don't seem like a weak man. We have broken up and made up twice now because of this anger issue we can't seem to tolerate each other and I don't want or give her the chance to make the rules

I'm afraid if I get married to her tomorrow the union will end up in disaster as it will be filled with quarreling and fighting except one of us come down for each other and I don't want to be her foot mat since I'm the man in the relationship I feel she should come down for me since I will be the one to take care of her, provide and shelter her. I deserve that fucking respect she has no right to talk back at me over the slightest of things just because I express my displeasure over things she does wrong.

Please guys, advice me I'm fucking heart broken right now. I still love her and we broke up again this evening and this time with a whole lot of word exchange guys.

I'm just confused. I hate moving from relationships to relationships. I'm so fragile emotionally. It fucking devastates me cry cry cry

It is either you are broke or not matured enough to be a man. Learn to love with your sense and not with dick.Don’t stay in any relationship that disturb your self esteem . Break up with her and move on ..You can never raise an adult !
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
You don’t need to be controlling for a woman to submit to you. If you have to do that then there’s something wrong with you as a man
Souqwaqif:

I guess you are a woman and birds of the same feather,look let me reveal a secret to you most men find submissive women very interesting even if they take the woman's submissiveness for granted they will still cherish her because elsewhere they will never find a submissive woman since they already have one at home that's how posterity made it.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Futureyahooboi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
Your own better na stubborn she stubborn abi, my own na village people dey disturb her...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by tosyne2much(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2019
Offpoint1:
I see a ship whereby 2 captains are trying to sail,
A kingdom where 2 kings are trying to rule,
A pack of wolves with 2 Alpha male,
A pride of lions with 2 dominant male,
A car where 2 drivers are trying to drive,
I see a perfect ingredient for a disastrous home.

Op, you don't need my advice... you need common sense. You don't have 2 madmen in a room and expect a tidy room.
Word of wisdom... Nice one man
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by tosyne2much(m): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
A lot has been said here but I'm going chip in mine

OP, you don't need to force a woman before she submits to you. This is something that should flow naturally due to how she sees you.

If this isn't coming, you don't need to force it.. Just know when to quit and save yourself from worries

Also, two alpha beings can't be in a relationship, it will always end in quarrels and disagreements.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by tosyne2much(m): 12:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
Miniano:

Hey bro I have been in your shoes some years back I met this girl she was quite and calm she Begs me even if I offended her it lasted for 4 months then bling the love became something else she feels too important she too over protective too sausy.

One day I sat down and think about this I can't continue living my life like the I sent her a break up message she pleaded and I accepted her back she baahve very well for another one week she bling shes back to her previous wahala character she hates it when you try to control her or tell her things she doesn't double date r have any other guys she's just too arrogant and never wanted to be under a man's command.

This are the cause I noticed if your girlfriend is from a polygamous family her dad or mum has been separated since birthy brother this can be the main causes of this issue.

Because she was not taught how to leave with a man so she never know what a man is. My advice for you bro is just to leave her alone no matter how much u love her u will end up regretting you married her I pray you don't regret in name of God.

Remember sugar came sweet but we no fit swallow am this means no matter how much u love some people in your life you have to let them go.

I had to call my ex girlfriend and call her about our relationship I had a conclusion with her on phone call she should move on with her life that's how I survived. It will be very hard for her to listen to you she's gonna turn you to someone that will be beating his wife because they would be some day you won't be able to tolerate all her characters again. My advice
That's very true.. Upbringing also matters depending on the structure of the family

Sometimes I don't blame proud and arrogant ladies, their family structure could probably be the cause

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by victostrp: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2019
If u don't intend marrying her. Just leave an let her go
Cos if u can't correct her now it will be difficult for u. The earlier the better
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:
You’re a control freak. She’s not your child!

Just listen to yourself and the words you’re saying.

You want to control her
You’re correcting her
You’re raising your voice at her
You get upset that she talks back at you.

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

You’re just upset that she isn’t accepting of your mansplaining.
What normal person looks for who to control?

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder who is raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH

This was the comment I was looking for.
One truckload of likes fall on your comment.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Hollawayn05(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
sorry bro also facing same issue love won't let me leave her yet cos I too gate jumping from one lady to anoda if I may ask which state is she from?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by MNDY(m): 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
Viicfuntop:

Therese May controls the Uk, so what’s your point? No man can control me. We are all equal. We both have our strengths and weaknesses so give the control rubbish a rest.

Who or what made us equal if I may ask pls? A man's psychology and perspective is different from that of a woman's. Nature made it that way.

The man is the head, nothing can change that. Feminism is unAfrican, unbiblical, a distortion of God's natural order, and it will only lead to chaos.

Feminism is just like another apple Lucifer is enticing you lot with, and it of course has its own consequences. The Bible says wives submit to your husband (the head) and husbands love your wives. What does the Head do? He controls.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
Viicfuntop:

Therese May controls the Uk, so what’s your point? No man can control me. We are all equal. We both have our strengths and weaknesses so give the control rubbish a rest.

Theresa May controls the UK?! Okay! Buhh what really do u know about her?! You know nothinq about her private and love life! You don't know how she runs her life, so your reference is invalid!

"We are all equal"?! No, we're not! And if you have problem with that, qo arque with God, and that's if you're not an atheist.

And u say no man can control u?! I quess your father is always havinq a hard time puttinq u on the riqht path! In fact with time, your mum would be havinq touqh time as well, tryinq to instill some morals in you.
A time will come when not only mahn buhh "no-one" would be able to control u anymore, includinq your boss at work'place.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Godson201333:

It is either you are broke or not matured enough to be a man. Learn to love with your sense and not with dick.Don’t stay in any relationship that disturb your self esteem . Break up with her and move on ..You can never raise an adult !

Shut up. Do I look broke to you?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
Divine200:

She doesn't love you. Period!
I guess she is using to while away time.

I look am reach like that I have called it quit officially. Tried to make things right this morning and she was very rude to me.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Miniano:

Thanks bro. True words I even tried to reconcile with her this morning but gave me very rude response so I just ended the call Nad deleted her number. She can go to hell with her bad character

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

Like she’s supposed to keep quiet like a child and listen to you talking condescendingly to her in the name of correction.
What are you correcting her about? What makes you think you know more than her and as such are in position to correct her.

I hope she sees the signs and leaves you before she ends up in a horrible marriage with someone looking for a subordinate, not a partner.

I wonder who is raising these prideful, egocentric boys who think they can come into a woman’s life and run the show. Oh I know.

GTFOH

points raised here are valid, buhh that doesn't rule out the qirl's meqalomaniac tendencies too. She's seeminqly Prima Donna-ish.

Besides, every opinions beinq raised here are only based on the OP's side of the story.
No loqical and reasonable conclusion can be reached riqht now until the qirl's side of the story is made known.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
kiss

cococandy:

You want to control her
You’re correcting her

GTFOH

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

so wait you mean I can't scold my own gf if she goes wrong?

Here is where you are wrong again. The problem I believe is your whole mindset. I'm sorry but you have to change it cause it seems that you're a control freak

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
Why are you people obsessed with controlling others. Does that sound normal to you? Do you want to be controlled? Why then do you want to control another person?

It’s amusing to see people with problems who can’t see they are the ones with the problem and not the person they are trying to project it on.

Sick

johnkay1:
It seems some girls are just like that. There was this gal I met during my youth service, she is pretty, can cook, and take care of home but her bad side is this domineering attribute. She will never say sorry from her heart and hate being controlled, she will only do what she likes not what you want. I systematically withdrew from the relationship until she realized I was no longer interested in the relationship.

I'm an African and I was not trained like that. Even English man believes he is the head of his home. Imagine that kind girl now get richer than you, automatically you will be reduced to nobody.

Our sisters need more orientation from people with blissful home not yeyebrities that call themselves celebrities and feminists who know nothing about running of family affairs.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Daisy17: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
arki:

Hv you ever seen a colony, establishment, ship etc without a head? If no, then in every relationship/ marriage God instituted a head which is d man to head the family. If u as a woman goes against d divine ordinance, then there is trouble. My dear, many women don't know d sciences of getting d heart of a man. Some think it's food, sex etc. Wen a woman/lady is submissive to her husband/bf, She has only earned herself d man, cos subconsciously she will control d man without d man knowing. There is nothing that can cage a man to a lady than wen he finds out dat his gf/wife obeys and respects him. Only d intelligent few amongst u pple knws this.
Back to d OP, I am begging u in d name of whteva u believe to run for ur life. Dnt ever put up wit such kind of a lady or even talking abt marriage. That's if u like ur life o, cos dat ur gf can neva change, if u trace it well, that is how her either parents behave. U dnt see fire and be petting it. Do u want to die young? Leave d relationship asap, and get ur self a lady dat not only loves u but respects u. Be a man bro and take charge of ur relationship

I did a google search and here is a list of the words synonymous to submissive:

compliant, yielding, malleable, acquiescent, accommodating, amenable, tractable, manageable, unassertive, non-resisting, passive, obedient, biddable, dutiful, duteous, docile, ductile, pliant, meek, timid, mild, patient, resigned, forbearing, subdued, humble, self-effacing, spiritless, deferential, obsequious, servile, slavish, self-abasing, spineless.

Look at the last four words and that is what a typical African male expects from a woman when he says he wants her to be submissive. I had rather be single than have to live with males of such caliber.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Viicfuntop(f): 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
dingbang:
Normally I dont tolerate attitudes like this. I just pretend as if we cool and one day we just break up suddenly. Some ladies need to understand the fact that a guy chooses, not being chosen.

Why do guys think of themselves as he superior humans? Why exactly? Why can’t the ladies decide to be with a man? Even though the men ask them out, they still have the power in the relationship. They decide if he is worth dating. So they do the choosing. They own the veto card

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Daisy17: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

If someone makes me angry I tend to raise my voice when taking, I bear with her a lot but she fucking gets on my nerve like weiten they burst my head na that "I don't understand" I mean that shit disrespectful asf. "are you shouting at me, I don't understand" so wait you mean I can't scold my own gf if she goes wrong?

I hope you also let her scold you when you do something wrong. Don't tell me that you are always right

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by dingbang(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
Viicfuntop:

Why do guys think of themselves as he superior humans? Why exactly? Why can’t the ladies decide to be with a man? Even though the men ask them out, they still have the power in the relationship. They decide if he is worth dating. So they do the choosing. They own the veto card
no one decides if I am worth dating! I dont beg to be dated!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
Kenshinmunac:

Mehn cry I wish I knew wouldn't have been involved with her. She is fucking proud but letting her go is so heart shattering because I got attached. Thanks for the advice though bro,
u don't need our advice then,do what's In ur mind,since u don't want to let her go,u both are not compatible for each other,shikena!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by pansophist(m): 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
cococandy:

GTFOH

You're making sense until you mention mansplaining. Like what is the Bleep is that? And is there femalespalining too?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
Some man went out of his way to ‘explain’ to us what women mean by the term mainsplain.

Lmao. And mansplaining isn’t a thing?

When you think you know a term better than the person who came up with it, can someone say mansplain? Thank you for proving my point.

pansophist:

You're making sense until you mention mansplaining. Like what is the Bleep is that? And is there femalespalining too?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
She’s better off without you.
Kenshinmunac:

Thanks bro. True words I even tried to reconcile with her this morning but gave me very rude response so I just ended the call Nad deleted her number. She can go to hell with her bad character

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues / I Just Saved A Union And I Am So Proud Of Myself! / I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.