Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? (65084 Views)

Women Whose Husbands Live Abroad, How Do You Satisfy Yourself / Nigerian Men Abroad Coming Home To Marry; My Take / Nigerian Men Abroad Takes A Transgender Woman Home Mistakenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by PrettyEneawan(f): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2019
Charelsz:
whatever you do, make sure that you avoid Nigeria home based girls.

Are You For Real
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by PrettyEneawan(f): 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
I'm Short Of Word Anyway Am Here To Read Comment
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by ImaIma1(f): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ishilove:

I was genuinely baffled. See how the men here are saying rubbish about Nigerian women[b]. If you look closely and investigate, you will discover that many of these diasporan men have their own issues too. [/b]

Fact is there are many well brought Nigerian women, both home based and abroad. Someone who will marry a diasporan man and goes over there to change already has the propensity to, not because she has been exposed to Western feminist ideologies. You need prayer and divine guidance to weed out the wolves in sheep clothing, both male and female.

All these unnecessary casting shows a high level of ignorance and bias against Nigerian women

The bolded is true. They also have their issues but that doesn't make us generalize. They sound like it is a privilege for them to marry a girl from here as if they themselves are perfect.

The men here who keep discrediting Nigerian ladies are just small minded and are judging based on the their own experiences with the kind of ladies they decided to date. And I hope the Op is smart enough to see that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

The bolded is true. They also have their issues but that doesn't make us generalize. They sound like it is a privilege for them to marry a girl from here as if they themselves are perfect.

The men here who keep discrediting Nigerian ladies are just small minded and are judging based on the their own experiences with the kind of ladies they decided to date. And I hope the Op is smart enough to see that.

The OP is biased against Nigerian ladies. One brush paints all
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by TaminaliaCatapa: 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
chisco82:

I agree with him(though there are still good blacks) but the black wahalla is extremely much.

I guess khiaa doesn’t understand the hustle, thank you brother......those guys are loud, lazy and impatient

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
PrettyEneawan:
Are You For Real
Yes! I am for real. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
lefulefu:
there is one story i read some yrs back for nairaland frontpage. There was this guy from anambra state based in atlanta and working in a security firm. The bros come dey look for a homebased nigerian wife and im family back home come arrange one village girl for am. The guy marry d guy then train her for nursing school. Omo na wen d lady graduate and come dey work as a nurse na im she jus change am for d guy. She start to dey cheat on d guy and anytime d guy confront am dem go argue and she go call police on d guy for domestic abuse. Eventually she divorce d guy then the court order the guy to vacate im house for the lady plus make the lady get full custody of the two kids plus half of wetin im don invest also goes to d lady. This im ex wife come dey invite one younger black american guy wey come dey smash her for d housecheesy. Na so one afternoon dis guy come snap then enter im ride then drive to im former house wey dis lady dey. Nobody was at home except d lady. D bross start to dey argue with the lady and durin d argue im pull out gun then shoot her then also turned the gun on himself.omo wen i read dat story i jus weakcheesy. D bros for prevent all these heartache from happenin to him by jus dating a girl in america and gettin married to dat one instead of travelling all the way to naija to get the elusive african maiden. Afterall good nigerian girls dey yankee.
chai cry cry
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by TaminaliaCatapa: 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

If I ain’t judging from experience, from where should I? Majority of you ladies when you get out there, you tend to embrace feminism more than the western women themselves.....

I won’t blame you guys, you are fighting for your gender....but true, this ain’t no gender fight

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2019
TaminaliaCatapa:

If I ain’t judging from experience, from where should I? Majority of you ladies when you get out there, you tend to embrace feminism more than the western women themselves.....

I won’t blame you guys, you are fighting for your gender....but true, this ain’t no gender fight

1 billion likes. let them still be acting like victims there.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by ImaIma1(f): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
TaminaliaCatapa:

Not everyone engages in gender wars

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
TaminaliaCatapa:

I guess khiaa doesn’t understand the hustle, thank you brother......those guys are loud, lazy and impatient

I am black American that's how I know what you said isn't true. You can't claim to know all black Americans and then label them as such. Should I claim that Africans are lazy, shiftless, greedy, crooked, loud, thieves and liars just because Nigerians are? undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

I am black American that's how I know what you said isn't true. You can't claim to know all black Americans and then label them as such. Should I claim that Africans are lazy, shiftless, greedy, crooked, loud, thieves and liars just because[b]Nigerians are[/b]
What is this clown talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2019
Allen02:
What is this clown talking about?

Maybe I should have added stupid to the list. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

Maybe I should have added stupid to the list. grin
Hmm you
are the stupid one,you keep sticking your nose where it didn't belong.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
Charelsz:
chai cry cry
it can be heart wrenching my brothercheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Allen02:
Hmm you
are the stupid one,you keep sticking your nose where it didn't belong.

If it has anything to do with black Americans, I belong. If he didn't bring us into the convo I wouldn't have commented, but he had to go there.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa is the spokeswoman of african-americans on NL, she has a software on her laptop, that anytime AA is mentioned on NL, the software relays a message to her and she act at once to defend African-americans like they are saints.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

If it has anything to do with black Americans, I belong. If he didn't bring us into the convo I wouldn't have commented, but he had to go there.
And I guess this thread also involved black Americans too undecided smh

https://www.nairaland.com/5066988/how-ladies-travel-out-eat
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
wetdick:
khiaa is the spokeswoman of african-americans on NL, she has a software on her laptop, that anytime AA is mentioned on NL, the software relays a message to her and she act at once to defend African-americans like they are saints.

grin grin grin No, we aren't all saints and we aren't all useless like you say we are, just like Nigerians aren't saints but you aren't the parasites the world sees you as.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 9:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
Allen02:
And I guess this thread also involved black Americans too undecided smh

https://www.nairaland.com/5066988/how-ladies-travel-out-eat

Yes, it did. When you idiots started saying that black American women were letting the Arabs do that to them without any proof that the black women were black Americans.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

Yes, it did. When you idiots started saying that black American women were letting the Arabs do that to them without any proof that the black women were black Americans.
shut up stop typing nonsense, it's was you who keep insulting white women, nobody mention black American women.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
Allen02:
shut up stop typing nonsense, it's was you who keep insulting white women, nobody mention black American women.

I didn't insult white women I stated a fact. Calling white women who get paid to let men poo in their mouths "Filthy disgusting Whores" is a fact not an insult. So now you have amnesia? I suggest that you go back and read those comments so you will see where black Americans were brought in the convo. After you read it come back and tell me how stupid you feel for posting this lie.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

[s]I didn't insult white women I stated a fact. Calling white women who get paid to let men poo in their mouths "Filthy disgusting Whores" is a fact not an insult. So now you have amnesia? I suggest that you go back and read those comments so you will see where black Americans were brought in the convo. After you read it come back and tell me how stupid you feel for posting this lie[/s].
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by khiaa(f): 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
[quote author=Allen02 post=76571928][/quote]

Coward, you can't admit to being wrong. grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

Coward, you can't admit to being wrong. grin
Before you comment,who mention black American women?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by TaminaliaCatapa: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
khiaa:

I am black American that's how I know what you said isn't true. You can't claim to know all black Americans and then label them as such. Should I claim that Africans are lazy, shiftless, greedy, crooked, loud, thieves and liars just because Nigerians are? undecided

Nigerians scam you, yes I agree, and that requires lots of intelligence, trust me, a dumb person can’t pull the stunts those guys pull. Even you don’t have the IQ required.

However, every other thing you called us ain’t true....we are hardworking. Of a fact, black American girls prefer us to their brothers because they know Africans got money and work their asses out. Even a dog on the street know an averag black American guy is lazy AF...and their ladies lipsrsealed

Talk of loud, you deserve an award. Black Americans’ single disease is mouth diarrhea, and they have home theatres installed in their vocal cords

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by erico2k2(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
TaminaliaCatapa:
This has been worrisome abeg, I don’t like the idea of bringing any gf from Naija come marry, they mess up real bad.

The Naija girls wey dem born abroad sef, they ain’t any way different from foreigners wey go dey tell you to start sharing house chores 50:50 with dem. There is nothing bad if I do those chores in my own volition, but making it a duty for me is a no-no.

Reason why I cant marry white is obvious, the very immediate point I just made up there, some won’t even let you take your kids back to naija coz it’s shîthole

Please, if you are a
1. Naija married man in a foreign land
2. Didn’t marry here in naija but abroad

How did you get married and what type of woman is she.

Please we wanna learn
Pray to God to give you ur wife, that's my advice!
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Ablechukwu(m): 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2019
No need for long write up! buh AVOID 9ja WOMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
Adebabanla:
I dated a white and she tried to be respectful and do all but their werey is always in them..Asians are the best!! But doesn’t mean you can’t meeg werey Asian too .. just pray for God’s direction bro
So true and the good news now is that they are agreeing to mingle with black men. Say hallelujah sombori. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
iRepNaija1:

So are you saying you want a wife who takes care of all the housework while you only help when the mood strikes you? What are you honestly saying? I'm seriously curious.

He just wrote what he wanted. Do go back and read again carefully..... this time around grin
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by BigIyanga: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
igboboy3:
You'll meet the kind of people you want if you mingle in the right circles. There's a lot of first gen immigrants who still have a strong cultural background. If you're well established professionally and live in the right cities e.g Dallas, Sugarland, many upper-middle-class mums will connect you with their daughters.
Avoid the ones who are Nigerian in name only.
Like the other poster, i've also heard good things about asians and east african women, but you'll say goodbye to naija flavour for life

however sha, na yankee you dey, if sengemenge burst, na police matter o!
Yep.. avoid the ones that put Naija flag in their bio because they want 2 big Naija weddings..and easily switch to their their selective “western values”... I once told a “Naija-westernized” girl that her family should pay for her wedding as it is the norm in the West, she got mad and stopped talking to me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Man Planned With Police To Propose To Girlfriend, What Happened Next Is Shocking / 1990 Ring Bearer And Little Bride Later Turned Husband And Wife In 2018 (Photos) / Can A Girl Have A Bestie Without Them Having Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.