Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,565 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? (64859 Views)

Women Whose Husbands Live Abroad, How Do You Satisfy Yourself / Nigerian Men Abroad Coming Home To Marry; My Take / Nigerian Men Abroad Takes A Transgender Woman Home Mistakenly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Excuzeme: 1:33am On Mar 12, 2019
Boss13:
This is a good topic for young men. Marriage should be planned. Forget love. My advice on this is quite straightforward. Muslim have strong traditions and are heavily grounded. Many Muslims don’t believe or support this nonsense feminism wave. If you are indeed searching for a wife abroad, go to a Mosque predominantly Nigerian, confront the Imam and express your wishes.

Please note I’m not a Muslim but I have noticed Muslim women don’t get carried away because of their religion.

Bros, your post made me really laugh! grin
It has nothing to do with religion. Infact, the rate at which the Muslim ladies are rebelling against the Imams, is a cause for worry.
Dont forget that a Muslim lady can also call 911 and l have seen a lot of them in court claiming that their marriage was "arraigned and oppressive" and they want out.

The only people that dont get easily carried away are the East Europeans because their culture just dont support it and they dont have the desperation of the Nigerian babes that open eye once they reach Abroad, these East Europeans/Russians are already "there".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Kunlegzy(m): 1:37am On Mar 12, 2019
victorian:

Eeyah.

Sighs the bad ones have spoilt the good ones .

I know of one Benin girl, she's so homely , christian like dressing , very intelligent school wise , so innocent looking , i can vouch shes a virgin. She came out with first class and her dad bought a brand new Prado jeep for her . Even with the jeep shes so humble , you wouldnt know she driving such car , so respectful!!! Chai! and very dark pretty girl . mehn her type , have never seen! Her parents try in her upbringing.

First time I wanted to go against my dad wish and organize the girl for my brother to marry but my brother doesn't like dark girls , thats how we miss this girl. cry

So pretty and respectful .. Better girls dey o!

Omo I need the babe oo
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Ishilove: 1:41am On Mar 12, 2019
truthsayer009:

As a person of truth, the ratio of disappointed people who have brought Nigerian women over is too much as compared to the one that works out.

Usually the only cases of people who are successful is:

1. You have been dating a lady in Nigeria for some time & then something happens, you now travel. She never dated you for your travel plans, she can always be real with you & tell you her mind.

2. You meet a Nigeria lady (in the Abroad) & you marry her.

Any other scenario usually fails, I know you are not happy about this but this is reality whether you accept it or not.
The tales of woes are too small a ratio to conclude that there are no success stories of home based women and diasporan men. Don't take the ones whining here as the yardstick in measuring success.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 12, 2019
khiaa:

How many black Americans have you met, have you ever been to America to make that call? That bullcrap that he typed about white girls being loyal is the biggest crop of b.s. they are the biggest cheaters, ask any white boy how loyal they are.
I have met a lots of them, stay with them date them and have many of my friends who got married to them both the black and the white, I saw how their relationships are going.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 12, 2019
Ishilove:

The tales of woes are too small a ratio to conclude that there are no success stories of home based women and diasporan men. Don't take the ones whining here as the yardstick in measuring success.

I know what I am saying, My life didn't start on Nairaland. Just because it is a bad record to Women & you wouldn't like it doesn't make it Untrue.

You seem not to consider that not all ladies are fascinated by the abroad "Just Gat Back" kinda guys. The abroad guys usually fall for the Women pretending using them as a way out of poverty. A lady who has a stable job won't leave her work & career for you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by LUCAS99: 1:59am On Mar 12, 2019
cococandy:
You’re looking for who to subdue and dominate grin

E go red for you.

You don’t want chores as a duty but I’m sure you will want her financial contribution as a duty. You never start. Life go hard you so.

grin grin grin

Biko Stop...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:03am On Mar 12, 2019
House that he paid off when? Lmao.

With his security job? grin

Make una dey yarn rubbish for people wey no sabi

Prenup my behind
bezimo:

House that he may have paid off before bringing the liability wife to come and take adantage of him..You are an idiot for calling your father that..stupid scumy hoe

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:04am On Mar 12, 2019
SilentListener:

you are a perfect example why abroad guys should stay away from Naija home based girls

You’re a perfect example of a mor0n

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Excuzeme:

Bros, your post made me really laugh! grin
It has nothing to do with religion. Infact, the rate at which the Muslim ladies are rebelling against the Imams, is a cause for worry.
Dont forget that a Muslim lady can also call 911 and l have seen a lot of them in court claiming that their marriage was "arraigned and oppressive" and they want out.

The only people that dont get easily carried away are the East Europeans because their culture just dont support it and they dont have the desperation of the Nigerian babes that open eye once they reach Abroad, these East Europeans/Russians are already "there".
Any European, east or west, Latin too but with degree and from good family, European descendant and all of them already in America, they are thrifty, good in saving, not wasting food or money and they are not impressed with America, wealth and don't get crazy about wealth as they know the life in America. Be aware of Russians and Ukrainians, they are cheaters (no moral values, no religion), lazy at home and lazy to work, they also are similar to Nigerians, all blinks, money, brands, showing up and easy to call 911 on you, to get all you have and kick you out, they are also very racist.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by RTSC: 2:09am On Mar 12, 2019
See as dem spoil market for Nigerian based ladies.

The ones that scaled through earlier to Yankee or Europe would be thanking their stars they left before the market got spoilt. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by LUCAS99: 2:11am On Mar 12, 2019
RTSC:

The ones that scaled through earlier to Yankee or Europe would be thanking their stars they left before the market got spoilt. grin

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by tex73: 2:13am On Mar 12, 2019
I'm blessed to marry a very good Christian lady from Kogi(yoruba) and i am Delta(ibo). Came to niaja in search of a lady after being in d US for over 5 years. Did not like d one i had being talking to over d phone for over a year, did not want to trap myself with someone i didnt love or like very much.

I had a week left for my naija stay until a childhood friend asked me to leave my hotel and spend the last week in his house. He forgot he had a sister in law that was at d age for marriage and actually was planning to introduce me to one or two female friends he had, hoping i could like them. He forgot about his wife's younger sister because she was so into her studies at IFE and she hardly came back home during holidays, she was locked down at OAU. God was good to me because it was just as i visited naija that this beautiful lady was having a breather from OAU after she had finished her last set of exams. It was when she called her sister to tell her that she had finished her last exams and was in their parent's home that my friend remembered that he had an in law that may like me. My friend told her about me immediately and told her that we would come visiting d next day.

The next day we visited n i saw her in d living room, all cleaned up of course because she was expecting us. We talked for a while and saw that we had so much in common, especially that we both had Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. I departed for the US shortly. we spoke on the phone everyday for about a year, untill i came back to niaja to propose to her. Thank God she used all that time to do her housemanship in LUTH. See how God blessed me. I came back again for the wedding proper but she didn't go back with me untill my filling (travel documents) for her came through( 6 months) . she came to the US and joined me in my one bedroom apartment. We moved to two when we were expecting baby # one.

We planned that she didnt work but focus on her 3 tough exams in order for her to practice medicine in the US. In all exams she scored a 99% percentile ( she's a brain). Shes one of the best Docs a patient can ask for and is practicing in a top hospital. We have two kids and she's getting even prettier as we age. Married for ten years now. Glory to God.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:14am On Mar 12, 2019
You’re really taking Nairaland ramblings of ignorant folks seriously?

People who have reasoning faculties still understand that they can find good women anywhere. Nigerian women in USA are hot cake. Don’t let some heart broken urchins on Nairaland tell you otherwise.

These ones probably got left behind hence their painment.

RTSC:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Toks2008(m): 2:17am On Mar 12, 2019
TaminaliaCatapa:
This has been worrisome abeg, I don’t like the idea of bringing any gf from Naija come marry, they mess up real bad.

The Naija girls wey dem born abroad sef, they ain’t any way different from foreigners wey go dey tell you to start sharing house chores 50:50 with dem. There is nothing bad if I do those chores in my own volition, but making it a duty for me is a no-no.

Reason why I cant marry white is obvious, the very immediate point I just made up there, some won’t even let you take your kids back to naija coz it’s shîthole

Please, if you are a
1. Naija married man in a foreign land
2. Didn’t marry here in naija but abroad

How did you get married and what type of woman is she.

Please we wanna learn

If you really want to get married in the western world you must change this mindset.

It's a different world out there.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by RTSC: 2:20am On Mar 12, 2019
cococandy:

People who have reasoning faculties still understand that they can find good women anywhere. Nigerian women in USA are hot cake. Don’t let some heart broken urchins on Nairaland tell you otherwise.

I believe you, cococandy.

That face of yours is hot cake. I am sure you can get any dude you want, if you were still in the dating market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Toks2008(m): 2:20am On Mar 12, 2019
cococandy:

You this lady looks young but in a mature way.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by HeliosHay(m): 2:20am On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:
my dear i used to think there are exceptions but wat my eyes have seen and wat i have heard i now doubt if dere are exceptions. If exception dey at all e go go be like two out of 2000. I remember i said a story here someone told me about a family friend colleague based in yankee. D guy come wan marry homebased then im parents look around then arrange one girl for am. The bros marry d babe carry her over to yankee. After a time then one of the guy friend who is a medical doctor and nigerian as well see d girl come dey like and they started an affair behind d guy back. The lady later divorced d guy and married d doctor and both she and doctor then moved to canada.there been stories of yankee and jandon based guys carryin a girl from the village their parents arranged for him and d guy go train her for nursing school and after the lady go become a nurse she go divorce the man and take over the man house and collect the children plus invite a younger lover to be staying with her in d housecheesy. That go surely make d man commit suicidecheesy....though some jardonite and yankee guys aint sincere demselves though.

I've heard a lot of such stories too...unfortunately
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:21am On Mar 12, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS.

Nigerian women in USA are always an asset to their husbands. Nigerian women are the top most educated group in America. Proven by research not hearsay.

The men who have a problem handling such women are those who want wives that are full time home makers but also work and submit their total pay checks to the man so he can decide what she gets to spend. Their families come to visit and they expect a servant wife who also works full time but managed to hasten to their every whim.

The men who drop the African mentality of wives that must be available to serve them hand and foot, usually enjoy their marriages.

I’m sure your doctor wife does get busy and you understand and support her.
Let the ignorant boys keep whining.

tex73:
I'm blessed to marry a very good Christian lady from Kogi(yoruba) and i am Delta(ibo). Came to niaja to in search of a lady after being in d US for over 5 years. Did not like d one i had being talking to over d phone for over a year, did not want to trap myself with someone i didnt love or like very much.

I had a week left for my naija stay until a childhood friend asked me to leave my hotel and spend the last week in his house. He forgot he had a sister in law that was at d age for marriage and actually was planning to introduce me to one or two female friends he had, hoping i could like them. He forgot about his wife's younger sister because she was so into her studies at IFE and she hardly came back home during holidays, she was locked down at OAU. God was good to me because it was just as i visited naija that these beautiful lady was having a breather from OAU after she had finished her last set of exams. It was when she called her sister to tell her that she had finished her last exams and was in their parent's home that my friend remembered that he had an in law that may like me. My friend told her about me immediately and told her that we would come visiting d next day.

The next day we visited n i saw her in d living room, all cleaned up of course because she was expecting us. We talked for a while and saw that we had so much in common, especially that we both had Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. I departed for the US shortly. we spoke on the phone everyday for about a year, untill i came back to niaja to propose to her. Thank God she used all that time to do her housemanship in LUTH. See how God blessed me. I came back again for the wedding proper but she didn't go back with me untill my filling (travel documents) for her came through( 6 months) . she came to the US and joined me in my one bedroom apartment. We moved to two when we were expecting baby # one.

We planned that she didnt work but focus on her 3 tough exams in order for her to practice medicine in the US. In all exams she scored a 99% percentile ( she's a brain). Shes one of the best Docs a patient can ask for and is practicing in a top hospital. We have two kids and she's getting even prettier as we age. Married for ten years now. Glory to God.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 12, 2019
The thing is as a Nigerian man abroad, you wish the best wife for yourself. Then first, look at yourself and ask yourself are you the best or the good one? You want the woman submissive and doing all housework and, will she be the housewife and will you support her in everything?
Because if she is working full time and having kids for you, she will come home tired and is she still responsible for all work at home and with kids? Will you practice the so called Nigerian "culture" having other women and being naturally polygamist? Will you expect your wife to shut up and accept you going and having sex with other women? Will you be very bossy to her and her should be very submissive as similar to a Muslim woman? I don't think it will work this way in America even with a Nigerian village submissive girl, not for long, America teaches freedom to kids and women. If your wife goes to the doctor for any reason and the doctor notices she is sad, they will ask her if you are to bossy or do you abuse her, your own kids will tell at school how you treat your wife and even if she is submissive, your own kids will call 911 if their mom cries. The marriage in America is different, it is not Nigeria. If you are willing to be faithful and you find a woman who is educated and is your best friend, doesn't matter the race, it may work better than any childish plans to pick a submissive one or to mold her your way

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Sholaystar4me(m): 2:22am On Mar 12, 2019
interesting thread, as for me nothing will change bringing my gf that I have had for many months in Nigeria before man moved and still have till date. let me buy a land here shaa grin

Victory is from God Alone
#X

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by rex444(m): 2:23am On Mar 12, 2019
uuzba:

...couldn't marry for racial reasons?
Either one or both of you are racists na!
read between d line homie
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by HeliosHay(m): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:
all these ones u guys are saying ladies born and bred in nigeria are traditional my guy its not all dat are traditional. My neighbour here his wife is a born and bred bini lady. She does not cook or do any domestic stuff.its her husband who does the domestic stuff and they have a 12 yr old boy that helps the man. The lady no dey enter market as well. Some nigerian guys overseas who have never stepped their foot into africa and nigeria always have this fantasy dreams about african womencheesy. African ladies don wise up. Go to some naija homes and u will see dat na man dey cook inside d kitchen in some homes while d woman dey sitting or go dey polish her nails for balcony.

Lmao...polish nail for balcony! for real? you've got to be kidding me lol
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2019
Thank you. I am taken.

By a very lucky Nigerian American man who doesn’t want a servant wife.

RTSC:

That face of yours is hot cake. I am sure you can get any dude you want, if you were still in the dating market.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Toks2008(m): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2019
RTSC:

It's not like that o..many hot ladies are roasting abroad with just few fortunate ones.

Many unserious guys out there and most of these ladies are also not making things easy with their attitude expeciallly arrogance fuelled by the independent mindset especially in countries where single mothers are well taken care of by the government.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2019
Say what you know
Toks2008:

It's not like that o..maby hot ladies are roasting abroad but only few are fortunate.

Many unserious guys out there and most of these ladies are not making things easy with their attitude expeciallly arrogance fuelled by the independent mindset especially in countries where single mothers are well taken care of by the government.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by LUCAS99: 2:25am On Mar 12, 2019
Ishilove:

Don't mind them. They are here ranting and raving about Nigerian women, meanwhile if you check well they are more likely than not mega assholes themselves.

I don’t really know who to believe anymore...

Opinions on Nairaland tend to be really biased...

Ladies on Nairaland believe Guys are the problem Meanwhile on the Other hand Guys on Nairaland believe Ladies are the problem...

Op my best advice to you would be to go back & reconnect with one of the Girls you went to High School with...

You remember Amaka, Adaobi & Chineye...

Those ones that gave you a chance in High School...

They dated you because they love you because you didn’t have to spend anything on them...

Those are the ones you need to go back to...

Now if you didn’t have any Girlfriend in High School tend start attending Nigerian Churches & Nigerian Ceremonies called Owambe Parties...

Usually I will recommend Redemmed Christian Church of God, Winners Chapel & Deeper Life Bible Church if you’re based in the United States...

There are eligible Bachelorettes with Good Paying Jobs available...

You can start attending Youth events & develop familiarity from there...

But don’t go to Church & start womanizing, that doesn’t end so well because Bad News spread very fast especially in Nigerian Churches...

If the two options fails, then look around really hard & you should be able to find a White Girl that should be Marriage Material...

You can sign for Yoga Classes, Cooking Classes & even the gym...

You should be able to find someone as long as you’re outgoing...

As always just play your part & God will play his part...

There is no Magic Formula to finding the right woman...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:26am On Mar 12, 2019
Is this a compliment or what?

I don’t understand
Toks2008:

You this lady looks young but with a mature way.
Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 12, 2019
cococandy:

You’re a perfect example of a mor0n
i can feel your pain,pele grin grin you should be grateful that you're no longer in Nigerian, but no you are not, instead you they form one mumu feminist up and down.grin grin, TaminaliaCatapa this is the attitude of the so-called Najia home based girls, once you take them out of Nigeria they tend to be more western than the western women, smh grin grin Avoid Nigeria home base girls.

cc Baaleoko

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by Toks2008(m): 2:27am On Mar 12, 2019
cococandy:
Say what you know

I know what I am saying. The fact that you are taken means you are among the few fortunate ones.

Many hot ladies are very single and depressed in the western world.

intimacy gadgets have become a regular for them.n they have become comfy with their solitary lives.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:29am On Mar 12, 2019
You’re ignorant seriously.

If Nigeria is so good, why should I be grateful that I’m no longer in it?

I’m trying to veer this discussion into an intellectual angle. Hopefully your brain can handle that.

SilentListener:
i can feel your pain,pele grin grin you should be grateful that you're no longer in Nigerian, but no you are not, instead you they form one mumu feminist up and down.grin grin, TaminaliaCatapa this is the attitude of the so called Najia home based girls, once you take them out of Nigeria they tend to be more western than the western women, smh grin grin Avoid Nigeria home base girls

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by bitingcool: 2:30am On Mar 12, 2019
Yuugen:
Plenty of gud abroad-born n abroad-raised based Nigerian women. A buddy of mine married one 30years old two years ago in Baltimore U.S, they're happily married with a baby girl now. He was turning 35 n wanted to settle down, no time for play. Raves about how a good wife she is. Am in the U.S n have met nice Naija ladies myself. My elder brother too married a Naija lady Accountant here, two kids now, lovely humble lady, calls me uncle everytime grin. He's in IT. Both have daily 9-5 jobs. She works longer shifts at times like during tax season. Everyone can't be bad, op, maybe u arethe problem or u better yet change ur circle to find who u looking for

He seems to be the problem with his sharp mouth.
You're looking for someone to slave while you help when you feel like. Even an angel will wear out. Go and look for a woman from Philippines or Myanmar to do your bidding

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Abroad, How Did You Choose Your Significant Half? by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Mar 12, 2019
I’m sure many Nigerian married women can benefit from intimacy gadgets. Marital status has nothing to do with it grin

Toks2008:

I know what I am saying. The fact that you are taken means you are among the few fortunate ones.

Many hot ladies are very single and depressed in the western world.

intimacy gadgets have become a regular for them.n they have become comfy with their solitary lives.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

11 Problems Only Girls With Flat Butts Understand / Why Do I Always Meet Poor Girls With So Much Demands? Please Help / Why Do Nepa Always Take The Light When It Wants To Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.