Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior (75931 Views)

Cardi B And Her Daughter, Kulture Kiari Cover Vogue Magazine 2020 Issue / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy / Banky W Celebrates Adesua Etomi Featuring On Vogue Magazine Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
dominique:
I agree. The worst I've ever seen her look is that magazine cover, it's like they darkened her skin and toned down her looks. I saw same edition cover on E the other day and it was only Scarlett Johansson and two other ladies, she was not included meaning she was only featured in the cover distributed into this part of the world. Not downplaying her achievement on the cover but truth be told, the magazine didn't do her justice at all.

The only person in the cover here and there is the lady on the left. The other two are Deepika and Scarlet, they weren't on the same cover with Adesua.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by nwanyionitsha: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
ojuikwu:
SEE BATARD OJUWKW VERY JELOUSY TRIBE.IMAGINE A SUCCESSFLL WOMANW
Oga you well?
Tufiawa OCD!!!
THIS ONE DON ENTER ROAD.
CHECK FOR HOW TO GET HELP WITH OCD. YOU NEED IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

What he said was fact though. Colorism has become a stigma in this generation, why put a black girl at the back of three white girls. It's a racial slur. Get the point before rushing here to act homophobic.

you are the racist here dude. why are so insecure? who told you that she is at the back? what has the position got to do with racism? some people will argue she is in front, it depends on how you look at it. If she was not featured you will still shout racism. if they edit her skin colour to be a bit lighter, you will still scream racism. If she is placed in the position you want you will question why it has to be the black girl in that position. please you people should just give it a rest and admire the pic for what it is "A PICTURE".

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
perryy:
Look at the person denigrating The Great Adesuwa. He looks deformed and malnourished. Hungry looking writer. I spit on you.

He needs to be spat on.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:

He needs to be spat on.

he needs to be locked up for hate speech

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
I said almost the same thing when this first came out on front page.
They made her look like she was the least important by placing her behind.

6 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
I want to ask...why are Africans typically insecure? What is racist about this picture as it relates to Adesua?

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
midnighter:

But you cant move a black person to the front just because she is black. That would be condescending, which is another form of racism

Believe me i am looking hard at the picture to see what slavery everyone is talking about
The other girls in the picture are Caucasians, putting a woman of colour in the middle shows DIVERSITY. if Rihanna happens to be on a cover with a million white girls, you'll always identify her as the Queen in it. Adesua might not be the biggest female in Nollywood but the girl's damn pretty and deserves better.

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by trevorhorace(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
There's nothing wrong with the picture rather it's your mentality about people always trying to downgrade blacks that we need to address. Your conclusion on this is as YOU are not as it actually is.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by camizzy(f): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kilon sor bayi�.she's on the cover shut up and deal with it!�
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Amyyy2020: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Who is diz hater now

Nawa oooo, Mtchewwwwwwwww
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

[s]The other girls in the picture are Caucasians, putting a woman of colour in the middle shows DIVERSITY. if Rihanna happens to be on a cover with a million white girls, you'll always identify her as the Queen in it. Adesua might not be the biggest female in Nollywood but the girl's damn pretty and deserves better[/s].

what a load of crap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:
I want to ask...why are Africans typically insecure? What is racist about this picture as it relates to Adesua?
When you're old enough to understand, you'll know racism and insecurities are two different stigma. Let Bellanaija do a magazine cover with 3 black girls and a White girl, then see for yourself who'd be very obvious in it.

6 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

what a load of crap.
Says someone with a crappy brain using the greatest physicist ever for a meme. LAME.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Adakintroy: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Yeah your an hater. Your comment reek of it, even though yu try to hide it.

Were you expecting her skin to glow more than those "a" list actress of hollywood?. You don't want to know the product they use on their skin. Plus access to world class nutritionish. If that mrs bank is glowy. Na for your eye. Put her side by side with real back Americans and a glow fades almost immediate.

For me she looks pretty enough. All you are mad haters.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by AbaLion: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Nigerians hate the truth. She looks like a slave in butt pain sitting half butt behind her royal mistresses.

-Lion

5 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Says someone with a crappy brain using the greatest physicist ever for a meme. LAME.

thats the physicist feeling sorry for your warped mentality. sorry.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by tomju(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
You can imagine the guy posting his pic next to the ladies on the Vogue cover. Cheap popularity. Adesua is African! Light complexioned or not. Besides, no matter how light complexioned an African appears, the difference can be spotted when they are juxtapose with the Europeans. Colour does not in any way belittle her achievements! How many Africans ever graced the cover of elite magazines like Vogue? Quite a handful.
Stop hating. Congratulations to Mrs Wellington. You've done noble.

4 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

you are the racist here dude. why are so insecure? who told you that she is at the back? what has the position got to do with racism? some people will argue she is in front, it depends on how you look at it. If she was not featured you will still shout racism. if they edit her skin colour to be a bit lighter, you will still scream racism. If she is placed in the position you want you will question why it has to be the black girl in that position. please you people should just give it a rest and admire the pic for what it is "A PICTURE".
Vogue has done millions of covers without any person of color in it. So do your research before coming here to act childish. If you can't see anything wrong with that picture I'm sorry but you're a sold out Black man. A renowned actress in Nigeria looking clumsy at the back of three brightened faced White girls and you see nothing wrong with it! White supremacy is really a Movement.

5 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

thats the physicist feeling sorry for your warped mentality. sorry.
I still don't know how people go about parading all forms of childishness in public. Dude Grow TF Up.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by seangy4konji: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
Oloriburuku just plenty for Nigeria.

No matter how u vlrach it skin

Average american eating Burger still go fresh pass u.does that belittle her?am sure say ur mama deh one corner deh sell ko see and akara..

Oloribuku

PS..if sem no put am there after calling her u go GATS talk..u web u deh talk..u never chop not to talk of buy small apace for punch say u deh fond man to drill ur gay ass..omo ale jatijati
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by BlastAfonja: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
Adesua looks like a black slave monkey on a tree with those leaves on her hair. grin

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by elotajohn1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
ojuikwu:

God has specially punished you with your English

BATARD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by midnighter(f): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

The other girls in the picture are Caucasians, putting a woman of colour in the middle shows DIVERSITY. if Rihanna happens to be on a cover with a million white girls, you'll always identify her as the Queen in it. Adesua might not be the biggest female in Nollywood but the girl's damn pretty and deserves better.

I was in the middle of typing to argue with you but after staring at the picture yet again, i finally realised what everybody is complaining about cheesy All the other girls were given space to shine but they used one chick's head to cover her own. She was relegated

Still, this could be a status issue. Rihanna is much more famous. Plus her face is much more striking and confrontational. Adesua's is more passive

I still disagree with you though. A photographer cant ruin the idea and concept he is going for so as not to appear as "racist". Thats not good for people's creativity

But some subconscious racial bias is showing here, I cant really deny that

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by safarigirl(f): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
dominique:
I agree. The worst I've ever seen her look is that magazine cover, it's like they darkened her skin and toned down her looks. I saw same edition cover on E the other day and it was only Scarlett Johansson and two other ladies, she was not included meaning she was only featured in the cover distributed into this part of the world. Not downplaying her achievement on the cover but truth be told, the magazine didn't do her justice at all.
imagine

So, she wasn't even good enough for the global edition, and people were sounding like she was on all the editions.

And look, they call it 'global', but then, the cover girls are the Americam Scarlett and two Asians, no one from Africa even if they shot an African, because Africa will never be good enough.

This is what the average African is celebrating, the continued mockery of the black race by whites. They will gladly take whatever crumbs they get as long as the white man is handing it to them. I don't even know who I am more disappointed at and ashamed for. If you want glory, this is not how it is gotten.

The black race has no sense of pride. Look at how they have mocked our 'stars', and people are saying "at least she dey there"....must we always settle for less? Are we so cursed a race that we bow to everything the whites do and applaud them in the face of blatant insults?

African negroes need more self dignity, because this isn't it

11 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

]Vogue has done millions of covers without any person of color in it. So do your research before coming here to act childish. If you can't see anything wrong with that picture I'm sorry but you're a sold out Black man. A renowned actress in Nigeria looking clumsy at the back of three brightened faced White girls and you see nothing wrong with it! White supremacy is really a Movement.

My hobby is writing black history dude. And this inferiority complex you are so brazenly displaying here is part of the problem.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
imagine

So, she wasn't even good enough foe the global edition, and people were sounding like she was on all the editions.

And look, they call it 'global', but then, the cover girls are the Americam Scarlett and two Asians, no one from Africa even if they shot an African, because Africa will never be good enough.

This is what the average African is celebrating, the continued mockery of the black race by whites. They will gladly take whatever crumbs they get as long as the white man is handing it to them. I don't even know who I am more disappointed at and ashamed for. If you want glory, this is not how it is gotten.

The black race has no sense of pride. Look at how they have mocked our 'stars', and people are saying "at least she dey there"....must we always settle for less? Are we working cursed a race that we bow to everything the whites do and applaud them in the face of blatant insults?

African negroes need more swlf dignity, because this isn't it

Dignity is not by appearing on the cover of a fancy mag.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

My hobby is writing black history dude. And this inferiority complex you are so brazenly displaying here is part of the problem.
Find a hobby you obviously know nothing of black history. Time wasted can never be recovered.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by safarigirl(f): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Vogue has done millions of covers without any person of color in it. So do your research before coming here to act childish. If you can't see anything wrong with that picture I'm sorry but you're a sold out Black man. A renowned actress in Nigeria looking clumsy at the back of three brightened faced White girls and you see nothing wrong with it! White supremacy is really a Movement.
Most Nigerians are ignorant to what racism is, so, they can come here and downplay it.

What do they know im the racism discussion? What do they know about it? Nothing. That is why they can spew such ignorance as "she's African, so, next to a caucasian, she will look immensely darker"....the sheee ignorance in that statement is befuddling. Is Adesua the first African to take a picture next to a Caucasian? Have we not seen others? Did they look unusualky darker than their natural complexion? Did this same Adesua not feature on The Wedding Party with a Caucasian? Did she look this dark next to her?

They are ignorant of racism and that is why they will continually be mocked and spat on by the self-proclaimed 'superior race'.

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
midnighter:

I was in the middle of typing to argue with you but after staring at the picture yet again, i finally realised what everybody is complaining about cheesy All the other girls were given space to shine but they used one chick's head to cover her own. She was relegated

Still, this could be a status issue. Rihanna is much more famous. Plus her face is much more striking and confrontational. Adesua's is more passive

I still disagree with you though. A photographer cant ruin the idea and concept he is going for so as not to appear as "racist". Thats not good for people's creativity

But some subconscious racial bias is showing here, I cant really deny that

Say that to Gucci using " Blackface " for advert or H&M. racism goes way beyond asking a black man to stand for a white folk.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
ojuikwu:

Wetin concern Ojukwu here? Don't get yourself banned by your tribalistic comments.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by JimD(m): 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
TechCapon:
It's true. Look at the picture very carefully, she looks out of place and like a house girl. First, she's the only one whose features was partially blocked from the view of the camera. It's almost as if they're hiding her. This is a really good shot like this below

This is very beautiful

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bobrisky Flaunts His New 2019 Range Rover / Throwback Photo Of Ini Edo With Regina Daniels As A Little Girl / I Need A Woman In My Life, Wizkid Cries Out after trying to cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.