Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior (75933 Views)

Cardi B And Her Daughter, Kulture Kiari Cover Vogue Magazine 2020 Issue / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy / Banky W Celebrates Adesua Etomi Featuring On Vogue Magazine Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by kay29000(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
every single thing counts in dignity. Vogue is not just a 'fancy mag", Vogue is the fashion version of "Time" magazine and reducing its status, will not make anything look better.

When you ignore the small things, you won't understand the big picture. Every single thing matters in black representation, Alek Wek threw off a wig they used to make her wear on the runway, because a wig is not black hair and having black girls see that as beautiful was misrepresentation. Lupita slammed a magazine for changing the texture of her hair to be less nappy. A Sudanese model complained about the fashion industry darkening black models to make them look darker, because they are selling a warped narrative that black can only come in dark.

Fashion might not be a big thing for you, but you see that history we try to rewrite, these small things also matter in it. Black exists in every shade and is beautiful in every shade and must be celebrated in every shade.

God bless you for this comment.

6 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:

I asked you your age but you're going round in circles. If you would not answer this question, then you're silly.
Old enough to put up an argument with straight points. Kids be asking for age. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Youngqueen(f): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
I see a Beautiful woman. Big ups Edo babes... Keep reping.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by pweeryambre: 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Vogue has done millions of covers without any person of color in it. So do your research before coming here to act childish. If you can't see anything wrong with that picture I'm sorry but you're a sold out Black man. A renowned actress in Nigeria looking clumsy at the back of three brightened faced White girls and you see nothing wrong with it! White supremacy is really a Movement.
rihanna has done vogue actually, apart from that I agree with every other thing you say.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Old enough to put up an argument with straight points. Kids be asking for age. Grow up.

Oga, what is your age? I ask cos you sound daft to me. Since you don't want to say it, consider yourself ignored.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
pweeryambre:

rihanna has done vogue actually, apart from that I agree with every other thing you say.
Ya she did. And was the first black woman on a British Vogue after years of existence. Rihanna did it off charity to help save a bigoted mag. She made it count.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:

Oga, what is your age? I ask cos you sound daft to me. Since you don't want to say it, consider yourself ignored.
Stay Dumb.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by chuckdelis: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
I totally disagree, first, this is vogue not your backyard magazine, vogue has this unique cover page one doesn't usually understand, it has a way of looking natural nd effortless with minimal retouching . secondly, if he actually read the concept behind the edition he will know she rightfully deserved that spot. I only have problem with the spacing / arrangement.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by emmaattack: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
Bad belle"
no let me talk my mind here ooo
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by victorian(f): 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
He said the truth. Nigerians don't like truth.
Even when I saw the pic, I just shake my head at Vogue magazine. Why hide her behind the pretty edited looking ladies if they don't really want to showcase her .
They made her colour look dull and unattractive.

For me? The pic is zero . It seems she begged to be placed there.

sad

Pls argue with your keypads, I don't have strength this night for all night cursing Biko.

I'm off to bed.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Yankee101: 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Sounds like female jealousy
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by stagger: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
Why is it that the default setting of a typical Nigerian is to be a troll and a hater? Never happy for their own but always wanting to pull the other person down.

"Spits and leaves thread..."
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
every single thing counts in dignity. Vogue is not just a 'fancy mag", Vogue is the fashion version of "Time" magazine and reducing its status, will not make anything look better.

When you ignore the small things, you won't understand the big picture. Every single thing matters in black representation, Alek Wek threw off a wig they used to make her wear on the runway, because a wig is not black hair and having black girls see that as beautiful was misrepresentation. Lupita slammed a magazine for changing the texture of her hair to be less nappy. A Sudanese model complained about the fashion industry darkening black models to make them look darker, because they are selling a warped narrative that black can only come in dark.

Fashion might not be a big thing for you, but you see that history we try to rewrite, these small things also matter in it. Black exists in every shade and is beautiful in every shade and must be celebrated in every shade.

you guys should give it a break. stop feeling insecure and start seeing things from a neutral point of view. Stop scrutinizing a pic to see what's wrong because you are black. would any of you have investigated this pic like this if it was four white girls or four black girls.

it is because of inferiority complex; you think you are inferior to them.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Awesomefred32(m): 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2019

I love 9ja
they will never mind their business
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by biosilicon: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by mechanics(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
I could not also recognise her at first.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Hcqmela: 12:23am On Mar 19, 2019
The truth is the man was only pointing out that the Vogue magazine organizers are racist with that cover of adesuwa.like seriously her skin is really bad there n she should have complained.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Hcqmela: 12:35am On Mar 19, 2019
TDonald:

He is one Stupid Gay BASTARD. the idiot is even on nairaland
But you should know he's observation is right.Am not even concerned about the way they placed her before those white models but the fact that they made her look darker is the biggest problem. Black has different shade n even a white skinned person can actually still be black too.even if its editing self they should have done it to beautify her as its done normally for all these models they use for magazine n not make her look uglyier cos thats what editing ought to do.The organizers are racists that is what he s letting you guys know
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2019
publicenemy:
The photo is symbolic. These ladies represent the four major continents in the world.

The Americas (north Americs ,south America & the Caribbeans)
Europe. (West and Southern Europe and Australia)
Africa. Na only us get Africa.
Asia. Asia and the middle east.

And Adesua Etomi representing Africa is the darkest lady there.

This donkey will never know that because he is too busy looking for loophole where there is none.

The internet is truly an avenue for ignorant idiots to exhibit their stupidity these days
but she is light skinned. How can she represent Africa. This your interpretation is wrong and i agree with silverdam. The cover didn't capture her well at all. It is obvious that the agenda of the magazine is encouraging white supremacy and you are swallowing it hook , line and sinker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Hcqmela: 12:50am On Mar 19, 2019
Dreew:
I want to ask...why are Africans typically insecure? What is racist about this picture as it relates to Adesua?
everything about it is so racist about that magazine cover n think its because of her ignorance too if not she is supposed to sue the magazine organizers to court for that racist attitude. Imagine the fortune or rather the fame she would have enjoyed if they had not made her skin look darker like that.They can't just assume that Africans are just black people cos there are whites too who are Africans so why should they make her skin look darker
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by MaestroID(m): 1:15am On Mar 19, 2019
Oyindidi:
Foolish gay

Wow. You are Wise. I use to think no one knows he was Gay.. I fvcking hate him
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Judybash93(m): 1:42am On Mar 19, 2019
TechCapon:
It's true. Look at the picture very carefully, she looks out of place and like a house girl. First, she's the only one whose features was partially blocked from the view of the camera. It's almost as if they're hiding her. This is a really good shot like this below

You're being sarcastic right?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Studyinchina200(m): 4:08am On Mar 19, 2019
The blame should be put on Vogue magazine. Sometimes I don’t understand some of you black people smh

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by freemi(m): 4:18am On Mar 19, 2019
Nteogwuija:
Why do people take so much pride in dehumanizing others?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the lady's posture.

He is obviously an attention seeking gender-queer bloke.
he has said d truth
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by chuckjonesbaba(m): 5:46am On Mar 19, 2019
Mediahelm:
Nigerian wrter, Tosin Silverdam has reacts to Actress Adesuwa cover on Vogue Magazine.

According to him, he said "She looks so inferior compared to the other ladies on the cover, what did they do to her skin tone? She looks so bad and almost unrecognizable"

He wrote:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/actress-adesuas-vogue-magazine-cover-is.html

I see nothing wrong in her posture and stance. She actually looks like a demure but sexy black goddess..
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by jaytee01(m): 6:05am On Mar 19, 2019
Who the Bleep is Tosin Silverdam?

See the kind of bile coming out of his mouth? Can't he be happy for once about another person's success?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 6:22am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 6:24am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 6:25am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 6:33am On Mar 19, 2019

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Yonce(f): 6:51am On Mar 19, 2019
funmisticqueen2:
but she is light skinned. How can she represent Africa. This your interpretation is wrong and i agree with silverdam. The cover didn't capture her well at all. It is obvious that the agenda of the magazine is encouraging white supremacy and you are swallowing it hook , line and sinker.

I actually watched the squared interview with the 16 ladies featured in the magazine that Vougue uploaded on their Youtube channel and Adesua looked relatively lighter in the video than she did on the magazine cover.
Even the Indian actress looked darker than Adesua.

The magazine definitely blackfaced her on the cover.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Ini Edo With Regina Daniels As A Little Girl / Cossy Orjiakor Bares Her Boobs To Celebrate Nigeria's 58th Independence Day / Neymar Shows Off His ₦10bn Mercedes Helicopter & New Batman Haircut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.