Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior (75930 Views)

Cardi B And Her Daughter, Kulture Kiari Cover Vogue Magazine 2020 Issue / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy / Banky W Celebrates Adesua Etomi Featuring On Vogue Magazine Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
Mediahelm:
Nigerian wrter, Tosin Silverdam has reacts to Actress Adesuwa cover on Vogue Magazine.

According to him, he said "She looks so inferior compared to the other ladies on the cover, what did they do to her skin tone? She looks so bad and almost unrecognizable"

He wrote:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/actress-adesuas-vogue-magazine-cover-is.html

The guy is daft
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
Most Nigerians are ignorant to what racism is, so, they can come here and downplay it.

What do they know im the racism discussion? What do they know about it? Nothing. That is why they can spew such ignorance as "she's African, so, next to a caucasian, she will look immensely darker"....the sheee ignorance in that statement is befuddling. Is Adesua the first African to take a picture next to a Caucasian? Have we not seen others? Did they look unusualky darker than their natural complexion? Did this same Adesua not feature on The Wedding Party with a Caucasian? Did she look this dark next to her?

They are ignorant of racism and that is why they will continually be mocked and spat on by the self-proclaimed 'superior race'.
I honestly don't get your point. Try to be more expressive in your English else speak Pidgin.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Mariangeles(f): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2019
The guy is soooooo stupid !
Who does he think he is ??
Who made him judge to decide who should and who should not be on that cover ??

If it were up to people like him, a new star will NEVER be born but thank God say man no be God !

So only people like Omotola, Genevieve, and Rita deserve for good things to happen to them ( to be on the vover of vogue )
and not Adesuwa abi ?? Ode !

When God lifts you, no man can bring you down! Dem never born that man well angry
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by safarigirl(f): 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

Dignity is not by appearing on the cover of a fancy mag.
every single thing counts in dignity. Vogue is not just a 'fancy mag", Vogue is the fashion version of "Time" magazine and reducing its status, will not make anything look better.

When you ignore the small things, you won't understand the big picture. Every single thing matters in black representation, Alek Wek threw off a wig they used to make her wear on the runway, because a wig is not black hair and having black girls see that as beautiful was misrepresentation. Lupita slammed a magazine for changing the texture of her hair to be less nappy. A Sudanese model complained about the fashion industry darkening black models to make them look darker, because they are selling a warped narrative that black can only come in dark.

Fashion might not be a big thing for you, but you see that history we try to rewrite, these small things also matter in it. Black exists in every shade and is beautiful in every shade and must be celebrated in every shade.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by fabulousnize(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
grin
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

When you're old enough to understand, you'll know racism and insecurities are two different stigma. Let Bellanaija do a magazine cover with 3 black girls and a White girl, then see for yourself who'd be very obvious in it.

Ok I get your point. Your low self esteem is on another deeper level. Old age?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by midnighter(f): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Say that to Gucci using " Blackface " for advert or H&M. racism goes way beyond asking a black man to stand for a white folk.

Youre right but those are extreme examples of cultural sensitivity. Your own comment was talking of putting any black woman at the centre of any photo with lots of Caucasians, for diversity's sake

It should be at the discretion of the designer how best to display his art.

If there were a photoshoot involving black africans with one white person and we kept putting her at the front, at the centre, and all that, would you still name it "diversity"?

I suspect you would still complain
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by jaxxy(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
TechCapon:
It's true. Look at the picture very carefully, she looks out of place and like a house girl. First, she's the only one whose features was partially blocked from the view of the camera. It's almost as if they're hiding her. This is a really good shot like this below

Not True. It was a pale shoot everybody even the whites were not on bright make up like the glossy shoot u put up. They all look smiliar and not projecting. Maybe that the photographers theme. Like an early 60’s look.

Complex won’t kill sm people everything isn’t about racism pls. Adesuwa didn’t necessarily have to be in the middle cos sm1 else will have to be placed smwhere.

A better picture wud have been with adesuwa in the middle bt then the shoot/attention will be all about her and maybe that’s not the concept they want.

4 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by safarigirl(f): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

I honestly don't get your point. Try to be more expressive in your English else speak Pidgin.
I see no reason for your insult, as I was buttressing your point.

I write very good English sir, so good that I make money off of writing.

Perhaps some of my grammar is above your head, hence, your rather harsh criticism

I was supporting your stance, too bad you couldn't deduce that.

7 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
She is looking for fruit of the womb nah. How do you expect her to look?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
I see no reason for your insult, as I was buttressing your point.

I write very good English sir, so good that I make money off of writing.

Perhaps some of my grammar is above your head, hence, your rather harsh criticism

I was supporting your stance, too bad you couldn't deduce that.
I honestly had no shade in mind. I was being honest and wanted to know what your point is. I'm happy you saw clarity in what I said and also sincerely apologize if my reply was offensive.

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
midnighter:

Youre right but those are extreme examples of cultural sensitivity. Your own comment was talking of putting any black woman at the centre of any photo with lots of Caucasians, for diversity's sake

It should be at the discretion of the designer how best to display his art.

If there were a photoshoot involving black africans with one white person and we kept putting her at the front, at the centre, and all that, would you still name it "diversity"?

I suspect you would still complain
This argument is so unnecessary. If you see my point fine, if you don't finer. How many magazines have you seen uses a black constantly for a monthly issue. Please if any let me know and make sure it's not a bellanaija or it's kind.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by cattylove7(f): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
d only thing that was wrong was that they mede her look darker cos she is obviously lighter than taht www.cattylovegist.com
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Gandollar(f): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

I still don't know how people go about parading all forms of childishness in public. Dude Grow TF Up.
Don't stress yourself more than you have done already trying to make kids here see beyond their noses.

There's everything wrong with that picture. I was so disappointed the first time I saw the picture. From her scanty head gear to her sitting position. There's nothing creative at all about it and only God knows why the magazine found it worthy to go to town with.

The first time I saw it, what came to my mind was a slave girl from the kunta kinte series. The girl is way much prettier than that.

I'm even more shocked about the people here who doesn't see anything wrong with the pics.

For the fact that she's Petite is reason enough to give her a bold placement.

The picture cast a barbed wire on her beauty.

No wonder it didn't break the internet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:

Ok I get your point. Your low self esteem is on another deeper level. Old age?
Parents needs to keep phones out of the reach of kids till they're matured enough, not by size or age but by mentality. Keep being a baby.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Zombicmodz: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
biosilicon:

My hobby is writing black history dude. And this inferiority complex you are so brazenly displaying here is part of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBLyNPKC9Q
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by midnighter(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

This argument is so unnecessary. If you see my point fine, if you don't finer. How many magazines have you seen uses a black constantly for a monthly issue. Please if any let me know and make sure it's not a bellanaija or it's kind.

No problem
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
Gandollar:
Don't stress yourself more than you have done already trying to make kids here see beyond their noses.

There's everything wrong with that picture. I was so disappointed the first time I saw the picture. From her scanty head gear to her sitting position. There's nothing creative at all about it and only God knows why the magazine found it worthy to go to town with.

The first time I saw it, what came to my mind was a slave girl from the kunta kinte series. The girl is way much prettier than that.

I'm even more shocked about the people here who doesn't see anything wrong with the pics.

For the fact that she's Petite is reason enough to give her a bold placement.

The picture cast a barbed wire on her beauty.

No wonder it didn't break the internet.
Points. I'm happy people who puts sentiments away to make points still exist on naira land.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by loomer: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
TechCapon:
It's true. Look at the picture very carefully, she looks out of place and like a house girl. First, she's the only one whose features was partially blocked from the view of the camera. It's almost as if they're hiding her. This is a really good shot like this below

If she dey any other angle from where she stay at present, una go still complain. It's just in you
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

Parents need s to keep phones out of the reach of kids till they're matured mature enough, not by size or age but by mentality. Keep being a baby.

Pls how old are you and which school did you finish from?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by safarigirl(f): 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

I honestly had no shade in mind. I was being honest and wanted to know what your point is. I'm happy you saw clarity in what I said and also sincerely apologize if my reply was offensive.
apology accepted smiley

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
Haters everywhere sad
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by peacettw: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
He is right. I found the pic distasteful the first time I saw it. There was something unsettling about it. I also think her pic was cropped and inserted. I don't believe for one moment that she took a group picture with those girls. Of course I didn't voice it out at the time because I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade but I am glad that someone has finally put it into words.

7 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by ChijyWills(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
*Good evening fam I have Perfumes for sale at affordable prices if you are interested DM me so I send you the pictures*
Chat me up on WhatsApp https:///2347084029641
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by RedboneSmith(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2019
No she doesn't look like a slave on the cover. That shít is just in your head.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Mariangeles(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
dominique:
I agree. The worst I've ever seen her look is on that magazine cover, it's like they darkened her skin and toned down her looks. I saw same Vogue cover on E channel the other day and it was only Scarlett Johansson and two other ladies, she was not included meaning she was only featured in the cover distributed into this part of the world. Not downplaying her achievement on the cover but truth be told, the magazine didn't do her justice on that cover at all.
IT IS NOT THE SAME COVER !

See the difference

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dreew:

Which school did you finish from, old man?
I honestly won't be the one arguing with a kid troll all night. You can either engage in a discussion sensibly or spend all night doing a "mia khalifa" research. PS: it's past your bedtime.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by midnighter(f): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
jaxxy:

Not True. It was a pale shoot everybody even the whites were not on bright make up like the glossy shoot u put up. They all look smiliar and not projecting. Maybe that the photographers theme. Like an early 60’s look.

Complex won’t kill sm people everything isn’t about racism pls. Adesuwa didn’t necessarily have to be in the middle cos sm1 else will have to be placed smwhere.

A better picture wud have been with adesuwa in the middle bt then the shoot/attention will be all about her and maybe that’s not the concept they want.

Youre thinking along my lines, but even with all that, they still had some subtle ways of making her look somehow

Her posture looks timid while the others look bold, her headdress does not look as graceful as the others. The gown she is wearing is not fine

The complexion issue is another thing. they were going for a "faded" look but the other 3 babes still look decent. They probably didnt bother to get someone who can do makeup for a black person with the right products

They neglected her. Maybe not on purpose, but they did

5 Likes

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Zubbyy(m): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
ojuikwu:
SEE BATARD :DOJUWKW VERY JELOUSY TRIBE.IMAGINE A SUCCESSFLL WOMANW
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
safarigirl:
apology accepted smiley
That's the Spirit.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Trustee1:

I honestly won't be the one arguing with a kid troll all night. You can either engage in a discussion sensibly or spend all night doing a "mia khalifa" research. PS: it's past your bedtime.

I asked you your age but you're going round in circles. If you would not answer this question, then you're silly.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Anambralife(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
Abeg no vex, is she in this picture?.
TechCapon:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bobrisky Flaunts His New 2019 Range Rover / Throwback Photo Of Ini Edo With Regina Daniels As A Little Girl / I Need A Woman In My Life, Wizkid Cries Out after trying to cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.