Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior (75928 Views)

Cardi B And Her Daughter, Kulture Kiari Cover Vogue Magazine 2020 Issue / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Her Vogue Magazine Cover Controversy / Banky W Celebrates Adesua Etomi Featuring On Vogue Magazine Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by LINTUNE(m): 7:10am On Mar 19, 2019
Guys let's be frank, look at the picture very well, u will see he his making a valid point.. It takes someone with food understanding of psychology to decipher this ok
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 7:10am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

First you call an Asian a Caucasian and next you say Vogue hasn't featured a black person. This is really embarrassing especially when you're trying so hard to look intelligent.
When did I say Vogue hasn't featured a black person? It's a 2 percent out of a 100%. PS: they're White Asians. You're actually the one trying to be intelligent here. It's morning and I can't be in an argument.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by engray: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2019
This is a USA fairly used white Toyota Corolla sport 2010 model with black clean fabric interiors. Transmission is automatic and fuel consumption is highly economical. Fuel type is petrol

with Alloy wheels. Body style: Sedan 4D sports, Engine type: 1.8L 4, Drive: front wheel drive, Cylinders: 4, Transmission: Automatic,CD player/Radio/aux port

Spare tyre present
Contact 08066114472

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Amyyy2020: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
tomju:
You can imagine the guy posting his pic next to the ladies on the Vogue cover. Cheap popularity. Adesua is African! Light complexioned or not. Besides, no matter how light complexioned an African appears, the difference can be spotted when they are juxtapose with the Europeans. Colour does not in any way belittle her achievements! How many Africans ever graced the cover of elite magazines like Vogue? Quite a handful.
Stop hating. Congratulations to Mrs Wellington. You've done noble.

Seriously, dats wat many don't get. No matter hw light skinned u r, just go and stand near an oyibo and u see hw ur 'lightskinness' is just a learner.

Dat however doesn't mean ntn here. Nawa oo, pple sef

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

Lol. The guy had points in some parts. But saying other actresses would've been better on the cover looks normal to you right? Dehumanizing another person to praise another? No wonder these white people were able to use us as slaves then.
Slavery was never a choice. Never put down what the early black man had to do to make you a Freeman. Keep that out of the argument.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Galaticos444: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2019
slawomir:
Edo girls are always small, beautiful and attractive!
This is to say their petiteness is second to non
Well done etomi

Edo girls rock

but dey ar also stubborn and self-centered
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 7:35am On Mar 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 19, 2019
Yonce:

I actually watched the squared interview with the 16 ladies featured in the magazine that Vougue uploaded on their Youtube channel and Adesua looked relatively lighter in the video than she did on the magazine cover.
Even the Indian actress looked darker than Adesua.

The magazine definitely blackfaced her on the cover.
they just put her in the shadows of the other models. I love Adesuwa. But that magazine cover was done in poor taste.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Divine200: 7:37am On Mar 19, 2019
Trustee1:

Vogue has done millions of covers without any person of color in it. So do your research before coming here to act childish. If you can't see anything wrong with that picture I'm sorry but you're a sold out Black man. A renowned actress in Nigeria looking clumsy at the back of three brightened faced White girls and you see nothing wrong with it! White supremacy is really a Movement.
she was the model in the picture so she is the one who will bring the glam in the picture. Even though she the sitting position was given to her, she is the one who will bring life into the picture but she didn't.
So don't blame the magazine editors.
She also chose to be there. If she didn't like the output she can complain.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 19, 2019
Amyyy2020:

Seriously, dats wat many don't get. No matter hw light skinned u r, just go and stand near an oyibo and u see hw ur 'lightskinness' is just a learner.

Dat however doesn't mean ntn here. Nawa oo, pple sef
you don't understand the subliminal message this media promotion of light skinned to represent the black race is passing across.

Later you would insult bobrisky and dencia for promoting bleaching creams in the market. Let them use a dark skinned person for once if we are talking true representation of the African continent.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by bigsmoke2(m): 7:41am On Mar 19, 2019
Pls don't blame the guy he is unlucky when he attempt to think. He's brain is filled with Pap. Mad mad raped his mother to give birth to him. grin
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Dreew(f): 7:44am On Mar 19, 2019
Hcqmela:
everything about it is so racist about that magazine cover n think its because of her ignorance too if not she is supposed to sue the magazine organizers to court for that racist attitude. Imagine the fortune or rather the fame she would have enjoyed if they had not made her skin look darker like that.They can't just assume that Africans are just black people cos there are whites too who are Africans so why should they make her skin look darker

Interesting point of view. Her skin tone doesn't look any different than what it should be.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 7:45am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

Asians aren't Caucasians. This is embarrassing even for you. Use your dictionary and stop arguing on something dumb. Chai. I'm sure you think Mexicans are Caucasians too because some have lighter skin and longer hair than us. They'll be going up and down to do I too know. If it's morning then you would t be abusing people up and down on the Internet. Mr. Braniac.

You specifically said it "they have never featured a black person." All of a sudden you've changed mouth again. Speaking from two sides of the mouth doesn't speak much on your intelligence. You're just trying too hard to make people think you're a gurur. Laughable cheesy

Opons
You're so dumb. I'm terribly disgusted. Can you highlight the part I said no black has featured in a Vogue cover and you said White Asians are not Caucasians? Dude I feel so sorry for your parents having raised someone this foolish.

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by EmpressMO(f): 7:53am On Mar 19, 2019
SUSU IS PREGNANT.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

Oh my bad, I saw the dictionary meaning of Caucasian. But you are a disgrace to humans. And D U M B should be used as another meaning of your name. At least I have parents who raised me. My father is present. You must have daddy issues to even mention someone's parents in an argument. Did the slut who gave birth to you drop you as a baby. Very unintelligent slowpoke. cheesy

LMAO. And to think your embarrassing insults mean anything is funny. Do you know you just even made a fool of yourself rather than I did. I accepted my wrong but you're so foolish to be be corrected. Again black people have featured on Vogue a lot of times. Dummy. And here you are jumping from one post to another acting smart. Use Google or order for a magazine. Not having a knowledge of something isn't dumb. I learned something new today and while you're sitting pretty on mummy's couch.
Cry me a River. I'm really happy I got to educate an ignorant mind today. You should learn how to accept your mistakes and move on. That's MATURITY. calling someone's parents all sorts of names is something for crude people from the Bush. Hopeful you ain't one of 'em.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by judgementyard(m): 8:17am On Mar 19, 2019
She looks great

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 8:21am On Mar 19, 2019
wink
judgementyard:
She looks great

True that

1 Like

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

Again you're an imbecille. You mentioned my parents first. And now you're acting like the victim. Guy go and work so you can eat. Stop feeding off that idiot that raised you to be stupid. You mentioned my parents first. Which clearly shows you have daddy issue. You are the immature one who had to go for a low blow. And I'm embarrassed on your behalf. Mr. Half brain. Go and work and stop embarrassing yourself. I won't stop at dragging your mother since you opened the floor first. My maturity pushed me to accept being wrong on the Caucasian issue but you're a slowpoke you can't even pick on that.
Me having compassion on your parents for raising a failure is very understandable and not a shade. I'm sure you're one those products of a failed condom. Keep wailing. Childish dump.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 8:34am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 8:37am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

LMAO. Google my name Esosa Kolawole. And see for yourself. While you're wasting your life on the internet, I'm here making a name. Something you'll never make ever in your wasteful life. Are you so ignorant you don't know when someone accepts a mistake means they learned something? You're the dummy here.

And just because your father used a condom to prevent the LovePeddler who raised you to have more children for him doesn't mean others don't want to produce successful people. I understand your father doesn't want a repeat of the failure your mother gave birth to hence they had only you. What a disgrace. You should be locked up in a dungeon or something. LMAO � My dad is pro life.

The drunk who had you obviously doesn't want more loosers as kids so he dumped the LovePeddler and went for better women. You do the growing up grin fish brain.

How much I'm having field day with this idiot.

There's nothing as awesome as watching a fool making a fool of his family after a long night of typing a novel.

Leave that wretched woman's couch and go the factory to work jare.
Oh! An afonja! I really should've know better. Disgusted.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Trustee1: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2019
sosa993:

And then the idoit went for tribe.anx here you are claiming intelligence. I said it! This idiot should be thrown into a dungeon or be shot in the head. Unlike you, I have igbo friends whom I Love dearly, my mother is a South south woman and I have friends from every tribe in Nigeria. Something your blocked brain can ever comprehend. What's funny is that this slowpoke is shouting racism yet he's quick to insult someone for being Yoruba. Guy you keep making a for of yourself LMAO grin

You're a disgrace. You don't even have a point again. What a fucking shame LMAO. Didirin
You're a clear representation of people of your kind. I really should've know from the start of this. Tbh, I reply without having to read all the jabs coming from a stunted fool. Stay pressed and dumb.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by sosa993: 8:51am On Mar 19, 2019
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by pweeryambre: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2019
My problem is that the girl in the middle, they had to shift her head to show off the other ones boobies, all that space wasted when they could have moved her a little to allowed Adesua some space.

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by stasius: 10:27am On Mar 19, 2019
Anu mpama. How many magazines have u made their frontpage?
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by davidsmalls(m): 11:15am On Mar 19, 2019
I prayed to my ancestors that someone would just say the truth about that photoshoot. Thank you.

Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by enomakos(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
beautiful
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by OptimusHarry(m): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
look at this fool calling someone inferior.
she looks better than the rest you Douche.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
This picture is not balanced. I've done a lot of phone reviews in camera aspect so I know a bit about photography. Look at the other girls, they're given full spaces to express themselves. You can see the girl behind fully, the other girls too, but adesuwa is hidden, face facts. She's only there because they had to put someone there not because they want her there and I won't be surprised if some other topnotch actresses were contacted but refused to take up such a mediocre position. She just did it for the fame and maybe the money.

I see people who even claim to have reputation openly shading themselves and even going as far as dragging parents into the matter.
Always remember. If you are right you have no reason to be angry, if you're wrong you have no right to be angry.
Re: Tosin Silverdam: Adesua Etomi Vogue Magazine Cover Is Disappointing, Inferior by JOMAX: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
I think she was toned up to reflect Mother Africa whom she represents. The beautician did a good job at making her look both younger and elegant. Africa is the icing on the world. We just don't know it so we don't live it. Little wonder why the rest take advantage of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bobrisky Flaunts His New 2019 Range Rover / Throwback Photo Of Ini Edo With Regina Daniels As A Little Girl / I Need A Woman In My Life, Wizkid Cries Out after trying to cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.