Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

"Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User (40302 Views)

Lady Takes Risk, Climbs From Bike To Enter Stranger's Car That Asked Her Out / Man To Marry Elder Sister Of His Girlfriend Of 5 Years Who Turned Down Proposal / Guy Sends N50 To A Girl That Asked Him For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Akabuking: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:
You and I both know how persistent a man is when he truly wants something. Men act this way when they are in doubt, just want to play or if the chase isn't worth it.

Some guys don't want meaningful and valuable pants ( they come with lots of baggage) so boys only want to play. cheesy
my dear, you are partially right, but let me tell you not all guys can tolerate that hard to get shit. it was back in the days when money was easy to make. I'll advice you not to tell a guy you like "NO" instead whine him a little before accepting his proposal. I have a female friend that's same age with me (29), always turning guys down upandan even the guys she like. She's still single and not into any serious relationship. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD BE CHEAP, BUT THERE are WAYS to DO THINGS.

6 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by SmartMen: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
Shelumiel:
It is types like these that end up filling the pulpits in churches with the hope of seeking husbands at the age of 40+ forgetting the fact of opportunity only knocking once.
One girl I met here almost lost me for same reason. I had to switch handle to make this comment cos she follows me. For 3 months, i no gree call her again... na she begin call o. after a while, i just let my guards down and flow. They will never learn.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by TrumpDonald2: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:
Move on, he wasn't interested in your heart but your pant.

You dodged a bullet. cheesy

Not always and probably not his case. Those that try harder are usually those interested in your pants. Some good guys don't know how to accept rejection. They are sincere, they hardly ask girls out until they see the one worth asking out. If she says no, he's off, he sees it as respecting himself. So na the girl lose.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by SmartMen: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:
Good things don't come cheap. I don't know what law that is, but it is there.

Whatever you labour for, you value more. Yet another real law that exist. tongue
You are deceiving yourself. if a guy does not value you, if you like take 4 years to accept him, he will bounce once he gets what he wants... Some men spend millions on a lady, get their friends and family to know her and still dump her.

While some ladies will Bleep a guy same day they met and he keeps them for life...

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Icon79(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2019
KPOM!

O pari

MariaLavina:

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by myself13: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
Unnecessary yeye pride and mumuness will not stop doing our women.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Daeylar(f): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
I actually respect that he respected her no.

I like men who listen to women. Who listen and respect it when a woman says NO.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Akabuking: 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
same thing happened to me few years back, asked a girl out for a whole year, she turned me cos she was in a serious relationship, d niqqa later broke her heart now she has been all over me for the past 4 years. my answer has been inconclusive.

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by austyn0(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
Yigiyaga:
Nna welu nwanyior! Ndi ana akpo Amaka kwanu?
Nna ndi Amaka achaka and as such, anaghim etinye anya that lane. grin

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by nextstep(m): 8:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
Well, then the guy was either not really interested, or just not experienced enough. Either way, not for her, at this time.

We men are very dogged and persistent with what we really want. Even if the girl is doing shakara, if there's something about her that really intrigues us, we will persist. I don't mean as in begging and lowering your value/esteem, but how to use convo and swag to convince her of your worth (as a real man).

Also, any woman worth her salt will not just agree like that; any good toaster knows that the first shot is just one of many in a toasting/courtship.
It's a game we both play and it's sweet when both parties are parlaying. Even watching guy toast a girl is sweet to watch when both parties are good at the game.

iLegendd:
In this new era, you don't need to ask a woman out — just sneak into her heart by acting as her boyfriend already. Nice guys never listen.
Nah mate... 1 million years of evolution can't be overridden by 30 years of sexual liberation. The same rules that makes a relationship sweet from the start still apply.

Daeylar:
I actually respect that he respected her no.
I like men who listen to women. Who listen and respect it when a woman says NO.

Funny thing is women prefer persistent men... there are a bunch of biological reasons that delight a woman's heart when a toaster is persistent: "if this guy just gives up at the first sign of resistance, how will he deal with my bullshit later in the relationship? How can he take care of and protect me and my progeny? How can he provide for us"? Will our male children be weak like him?" These are not conscious thoughts, but they are unconscious switches in the woman's head being flicked, and if the guys isn't flicking the right switches in the right direction, attraction remains low.

I'm not saying that one should continue pushing until it becomes abusive or stalkerish... every man should learn to read the non-verbal cues that a woman is giving; understand that one can persist without being a jerk; and also know when to back down. In this case, the game hadn't even begun. Even in tennis, you get multiple serves before the volley

myself13:
Unnecessary yeye pride and mumuness will not stop doing our women.
Everybody needs a level of pride... men don't even like or respect girls they got without trying... it's not even because of society, and can also be explained by biology: "if anybody can mate with this person so easily, what are the chances of my genes surviving with her?"

In summary: she did exactly what she should do, but he failed in his role as toaster (even if it was just disinterest).
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
Don't think the guy was really interesting in her, trust me if you are in love you won't get turned off easily and honestly speaking she did the right thing.
I bet most of y'all claiming she was at fault would come for her when she starts crying of the guy who only came for a one night stand relationship.

if you love her then prove it don't just be Mr. I can't stand rejection, not all ladies think that way.
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
Don't think the guy was really interesting in her, trust me if you are in love you won't get turned off easily and honestly speaking she did the right thing.
I bet most of y'all claiming she was at fault would come for her when she starts crying of the guy who only came for a one night stand relationship.

if you love her then prove it don't just be Mr. I can't stand rejection, not all ladies think that way.

kudos to her.
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by franchasng: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ladies learn, you don't need to tell him yes immediately and you don't need to tell him NO if you like him somehow, you can be diplomatic with your answer so he won't feel let down because it is not easy for a guy to summon courage to approach a stranger lady and ask her out to be his friend or lover, it requires absolute courage, braveness and true attraction to do.

I can't remember if I ever did that because naturally I am born with ego and for reason I can't tell, I have never lacked women in my life, they come naturally without me going around wooing ladies so I respect guys that still woo ladies, please ladies don't kill their morale with your rudeness, even if you have a boyfriend, you can cheerfully make him understand and encourage him to keep trying that he will find his own mate, believe me, the guy will forever like you and assist you in future if the need ever arises.

Its a simple life, ladies stop making it complicated for yourselves and guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2019
nextstep:
Well, then the guy was either not really interested, or just not experienced enough. Either way, not for her, at this time.

We men are very dogged and persistent with what we really want. Even if the girl is doing shakara, if there's something about her that really intrigues us, we will persist. I don't mean as in begging and lowering your value/esteem, but how to use convo and swag to convince her of your worth (as a real man).

Also, any woman worth her salt will not just agree like that; any good toaster knows that the first shot is just one of many in a toasting/courtship.
It's a game we both play and it's sweet when both parties are parlaying. Even watching guy toast a girl is sweet to watch when both parties are good at the game.

my point exactly, am sure the guy was just thinking rotten.
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Apple2: 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
Lol. With all my money and my class of cars I roll off with I come back to you? Can she fuel my car if I come back second time or does she deserve my fuel to waste? No way, sorry lil girl, work hard like me and get a class we might meet at a meeting conference next time wink

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Bobinovic: 8:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:

Anty you've got your theory wrong.
I'm very like that, I'll give you small signs then ask you out ONCE. you say no, I don March ahead.
some of us they muster up courage for a long time before taking that step, only for the babe to try use us do testing testing.

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Rexnegro(m): 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
donstan18:
You did what you are supposed to do so as not to appear very cheap before him.

But you did that to a wrong person. No be everybody get that patient to endure a lady's shakara.
believe me am one of those who move on immediately..no time at all
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by ogtavia(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:

Wrong. Saying yes to advances isn't a license for fornication.
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by nextstep(m): 9:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
Piercy:

kudos to her.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by nextstep(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
Rexnegro:

believe me am one of those who move on immediately..no time at all

Which means you're not really interested in her specifically, just about any woman will do. I'm not saying that's wrong, but since it doesn't match what she's looking for, it's good for you to move on immediately.

As for me, I *used* to enjoy the feelings of thinking about a girl, working out how to toast her, playing the game over some time, being rejected and trying again.

*I don't toast anymore, since I don find wife, and honestly, I enjoy telling people how long it took for me to convince her I was worthwhile. It doesn't hurt that she can boast that she had many suitors and rejected so many. Not that I had low self esteem, or needed a woman to validate my life, but it tells me (subconsciously) that I have won a prize that not many men could... it's all psychological, but hey, so is everything isn't it?
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by kcowen(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
Shey u be Visa Lottery wey he go try harder

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by mozona(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
you go wait tire....

u think say na ur own the guy go dey think.

i suspect the guy is not jobless and he has move on

sorry..

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Olumeme: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
This days, you don't waste too much time on a girl where millions are available to be chyked

1 Like

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
Randy100:
Which one is try harder, is she mad.
asin
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Mattsilva: 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
that's what you will get for proposing to a local village girl in public.
I blame the guy instead....
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2019
This girl is stupidly mad! Bastard
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by ACE1010: 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
Jayslicky:
I don't understand women at all, why do shakara when u like the guy, you acting hard to get doesn't guarantee that the guy will stay longer with you when you are in a relationship, if a girl act this way towards me and when she starts caring later on, I will just be pissed off, no time to waste precious time, if you continue like that I am sure Shiloh will soon be your next home.
grin

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by ACE1010: 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
R2bees:
SOMEONE SHOULD GIVE THAT GUY A CHILLED HEINEKEN , AS FOR ME EHH!, THE MOMENT SHE WILL SAY NO, AS THE FEELINGS GO TAKE VANISH FROM MY BODY EEH, ME SEF GO PITY THE GIRL..

grin grin
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by ACE1010: 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:

No be only bullet.... wallet nko?? grin grin
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
MariaLavina:

You dey support bad thing, why would she has to pretend at the first place? A sincere person would always take a NO for what it is, preaching further would suggest compulsion and in real love such shouldn't exist, her pretext has denied her a fortune, not all guys understand the pretentious nature of women.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by lilbarracuda(m): 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hedonisst:
I have never "asked a girl out" in my entire adult life. But I've talked up uncountable and did whatever I hoped with them - one night stand, fling, relationship, etc. Asking her out gives the 'askee' the opportunity to refuse, often out of sheer awkwardness.

Just get her damn number if possible, arrange meet ups, and charm your way into her pant, her heart, or her purse...depending on your aim. Don't ask for stupid permissions.

Wow...
This is me all day
Re: "Why I Turned Down A Guy That Asked Me Out" - Twitter User by Brugo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
They are getting shallower by the day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship / Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend On Board A Plane To Dubai (photos) / Lawyer Proposes To His Lawyer Girlfriend On Their Way To Dinner Night In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.