Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? (58608 Views)

My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / My Boyfriend Slept With My Best Friend / Lady Exposes Her Best Friend Who Has Been Having Sex With Her Husband (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Mysociallife: 8:01am On Apr 06, 2019
derrydinny:
don't go and toast him o, be asking us question

he decided not to woo you again after it didn't work out years back because of you, make amends grandma
Well that's not very nice grin
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by varyo: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2019
perfect!!!!!!!

uote author=extremelygolden post=77292814]Go about it in a playful manner. In the middle of a conversation when he says something that thrills you, just chip in a sentence like, O!Jay I love you more each passing day. You make me happy always by your perception about life. If you were around now I would have said, what have you given me to eat? I am just loving you too much these days. Then you quickly change the topic.

You will see that after some time he will call to confirm if what you said about loving him is true? That's when you will tell him Yes in a bold letter.

Best of luck, dear. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by varyo: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2019
his thougts are powerful.I repect you me thought.
BUT YOU SHOULD WRITE US BACK AFTER TRYING.

uote author=highdon post=77300012

did u study dis in school[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by sanesta: 8:07am On Apr 06, 2019
extremelygolden:
Go about it in a playful manner. In the middle of a conversation when he says something that thrills you, just chip in a sentence like, O!Jay I love you more each passing day. You make me happy always by your perception about life. If you were around now I would have said, what have you given me to eat? I am just loving you too much these days. Then you quickly change the topic.

You will see that after some time he will call to confirm if what you said about loving him is true? That's when you will tell him Yes in a bold letter.

Best of luck, dear.
you're wise wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Wallade(m): 8:11am On Apr 06, 2019
I don't think you need a husband, what you need is a baby daddy and probably a part-time lover.

That you can get anywhere around the world, especially since most men in advanced countries prefer not to marry but make babies and run away. Make your choice!
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by id4sho(m): 8:14am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:
Hi
I have this male friend I’ve known for almost 20 years. He courted me back in the days but I was not available so we remained friends so far. Life keeps pulling us apart and bringing us closer (geographically). He now lives on the other side of the world but we cal each other all the time. He’s my best friend, support and confident. He knows everything about me and I about him.
We talk a lot, laugh to the same things etc.

We stayed at each other’s place multiple times over the years, even sharing a bed now and there but he never tried anything

Now we are both 40 with a few failed relationships under our belt.
He keeps telling me how he wants to settle and start a family. We talk a lot about the fact that the best way to go is marry your best friend, someone you really know and so on.

I have this odd feeling that he’s trying to test the waters with me but he never says anything definitive

I’m really wondering if I should make the first move and tell him we should give it a try.
I’ve never done such thing in my life and I’m afraid he would say no. If he does, our friendship would probably take a hit.

What do you suggest ?

JUST DO IT
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by teacherbim(f): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:
Hi
I have this male friend I’ve known for almost 20 years. He courted me back in the days but I was not available so we remained friends so far. Life keeps pulling us apart and bringing us closer (geographically). He now lives on the other side of the world but we cal each other all the time. He’s my best friend, support and confident. He knows everything about me and I about him.
We talk a lot, laugh to the same things etc.

We stayed at each other’s place multiple times over the years, even sharing a bed now and there but he never tried anything

Now we are both 40 with a few failed relationships under our belt.
He keeps telling me how he wants to settle and start a family. We talk a lot about the fact that the best way to go is marry your best friend, someone you really know and so on.

I have this odd feeling that he’s trying to test the waters with me but he never says anything definitive

I’m really wondering if I should make the first move and tell him we should give it a try.
I’ve never done such thing in my life and I’m afraid he would say no. If he does, our friendship would probably take a hit.

What do you suggest ?
make the move joor, I did and it has been good. He likes you
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by ifex370(m): 8:30am On Apr 06, 2019
Annibel:

I still can't see how that makes girls wicked.

You're a girl.. That's why
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Praisesongz: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2019
You can stylishly talk to him about how you wish both of you are dating considering the closeness match his reaction and decide from there
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by myself13: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
you have loved this guy for eons, a best friend for that matter.yet you still couldn't subtly profess your love to him .Hmmm.. Umunwanyi guru m ike.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by GoldHorse(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Who would you sincerely like to see him marry? You or another woman?

Ruminate on it, answer it honestly and act accordingly.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by olexjay(m): 8:59am On Apr 06, 2019
lilbabe79:

What do you suggest ?
if you think he might turn down your request which might affect your friendship then I think you can show some body languages, show more care and always try to divert most conversation to relationship issue and if he really have interest in you wanted something out of the friendship he will makes the move asking you out either in stylish way or even directly
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by penceman(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2019
Once have been so naive to reject a man once chances are that your have totally reduced in his eyes, he will then adjust by friend zoning you. But if your now available after years then the best that can happen is platonic. In essence looking at your age you have to ask him if he still likes you to that level and if he says yes, Because most times he will ne undecided. If he saya yes then have sex and get pregnant. He will not love you as he should Because of the past and you have to accept that he will still be searching for the love of hus life. But you will have to take it as the price
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Sweetcrush(m): 9:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lols
I didn't even read it cheesy

Lol.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2019
Hmmm, i actually read all comments (its a big lesson to everyone) I really feel sorry for you and the regrets you might have.

About shooting your shots, i think it all depends on his personality; some people never get over their love for a particular person no matter how many years it takes. Again i must emphasize that it depends on his personality; is he a mr romantic- dreamer kinda guy or a blunt realist? Also, If you are destined to be together, you will. Dont you wonder why he is also single @ 40? Reminds me of a story a friend told me; its similar to yours. He told me there was this girl in his department then that he really had a massive crush on; they were best friends. He said he couldnt sleep, eat, do anything without thinking of her but they were age mates. One day, he summoned courage and asked her, "what have you done to me? I cant sleep, eat bla bla bla" but she asked a simple question; " what do you want from me? " Thats a deep but simple question. He couldnt answer because he knew he couldnt marry her (she was the serious kind of girl) at the time cuz he had a long way to go. He also couldnt lie and satisfy his lust because she was a very valuable friend. He said today, they are miles apart and his heart still skips a beat when he looks at her picture but he can never marry her because he feels its just infactuation that will wear off with time.

So if your friend is a realist like the guy above, then it might never work between you too. Who knows, he might just see you as a sister now and might feel weird when you shoot your shot.

I am not going to ask you why you didnt consider him desirable all these years but i'll simply advise you go ahead and tell him. If it doesn't work out, explain to him that you hold no grudge against him and that you understand why he's turning down the request. Move on with your life (stay away from him or you'll never move on). Wishing you the best!

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 06, 2019
I wish you'll write a followup here about the end result. This would make a nice romantic novel
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by kingBenedict: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Dis ur English na made in China
grin
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Bossjakande: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

I think ur brian is made in china
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by BrokenCock: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2019
stupidity:
Ha!!!, that nigga friend zoning is on another level.

You mean he’s never mistakenly pressed your bubby??
im sure he's neither a Igbo nor an ofonja... That's why
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by springtech(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Very funny.
At least he/she was able to communicate.
That's the most important.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2019
springtech:

Very funny.
At least he/she was able to communicate.
That's the most important.

Yes...
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Denikayan: 9:48am On Apr 06, 2019
40 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by MNDY(m): 9:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Annibel:
Op y didn't you bring up this topic on April fools day? That way when you ask them out and they refused you can just say April fool grin

Lololololololololololololol
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by LegalOpinion: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2019
You are 40 already so even if you haven't done such a thing when you were young, you are now very old and desperate.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Olulinks(m): 10:02am On Apr 06, 2019
Best submission on how she should go about it! But I think her worry is, should she do it at all?
extremelygolden:
Go about it in a playful manner. In the middle of a conversation when he says something that thrills you, just chip in a sentence like, O!Jay I love you more each passing day. You make me happy always by your perception about life. If you were around now I would have said, what have you given me to eat? I am just loving you too much these days. Then you quickly change the topic.

Best of luck, dear.

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 06, 2019
Also, i went through your profile out of curiosity after dishing out my advice. Last year, when you were 39, you asked about going back to your baby daddy You have a child too and a baby daddy? How do i reconcile this twist... This is really a dicey situation
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by tomdon(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2019
You will be wasting your time if you ask him out
Forget it aunty
You had your chance, and I believe in second chances but this one is too late. You stand zero chance with him.
If you just want to confirm, then try it but believe you me, that guy will not marry you.
He's not testing any waters, if he wanted you, he will mince no words and waste no time since you're good friends already. And at 40 he is already succesful not like he's still struggling. So he's looking for something better.
That man is not interested in you.
Sorry tho. A 40 year old man who got his game on can easily pick a girl half his age. I'm sure he's aware of that. Except you're a super star, you stand no chance. Just look for older men

1 Like

Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 06, 2019
I have a woman that's very dear to me I can never agree to marry her. We met online and I wooed her. She didn't agree to date me but we became very close to the extent of sharing same beds. She discloses her secrets to me and mine to her. Since that I was under pressure to get married, family members wooed her for me on many occasions. She simply told them we are best as friends and that I personally know how to get things I desperately want.

This is a girl that can scold me if I do anything wrong and I love it to see her scold me but my instinct rejects marriage with her.

As men want a wife, we also want q confidant. I think you're his confidant. He might not be thinking of marriage.

I use to joke with her about love like the following...

Don't ever call me "dear" in your life again cos you didn't let me kiss you the other time when my heart was heavy. She would say "na cane I go use reset your heart"

You will know how he feels towards you through jokes.
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by mechanics(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2019
Discuss it with your pastor, and do what he says
Re: Should I Make A Move On My Best Friend ? by vivalavida(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Annibel:
Op y didn't you bring up this topic on April fools day? That way when you ask them out and they refused you can just say April fool grin

U dey mad I swear
LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Men Fall Asleep Immediately After Having Sex / 'I Lost My Man Because I Slept With 43 Men' - Lady Confesses / Lady About To Marry An Uber Driver She 'Toasted' After He picked her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.