Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (140936 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by sarahs(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
SheWrites:

You're welcome

Lovely story
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
sarahs:

Lovely story
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by veenessha(f): 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas shewrites
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas my beautiful people *hugs&kisses*

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 48

Dear diary,

February 28th, 2018.

I have a lot of gist for you diary. I have gotten so many cooking contracts this new year, now I am seriously thinking about resigning and branching into full time catering. I am looking into setting up a kind of kitchen, where people can order for any kind of food they want. For example, they can order for their soups, swallow, beans, porridge, stew, even breakfast like beverage with sandwich, oats and pancakes, even pap and bean cake.

I am going to need an office space, somewhere convenient enough for me to cook and a section demarcated for administrative purpose. I know I am going to need a car too, so that I will be able to deliver orders. Then later, a pickup truck or a bus. I am saving already. I will also do out-door catering too, but not on a large scale.

Mr. Praise celebrated his 40th birthday on the 20th of February. He left me in charge of the food and drinks. His parents, siblings, friends, well-wishers and the entire staff of Sweet Things Bakery attended the party.

It was a grand occasion. We all had so much fun. I made a lot of money from cooking for the party. I also supervised the cleaning of the house after the party. I was the last person to leave, but, I couldn’t go home because it was past midnight.

I slept in one of Mr. Praise’s guest rooms and the next morning, I woke up feeling very, very tired. I felt like a Dangote truck ran over me.

It was a Friday and I didn’t feel like going to work at all. I went into the kitchen after I had, had my bath. I planned to go home. I was not going to the bakery that day. I had already made up my mind to skip work. I doubted if the manager would sanction me. After all, I gave him a lot of takeaways during the party. That was enough bribe, I thought.

In Mr. Praise’s kitchen, I made myself a mug of milky chocolate tea and egg and tomato sandwich. While I ate, my oga walked in! I thought he was still sleeping. I intended to sneak out of his house once I was done eating. I had no idea that he was already awake. If I had known, I would have gone home immediately after I had my bath.

He strode to the freezer, clad in a pair of white shorts and he was bare chested again! This was the second time I was seeing his dreamy body. I tried not to look at him and I ate quickly.

My plan was to disappear from the house and fly home. I so need a lot of rest.

He took a chilled can of malt from the freezer and sat beside me. He picked up the remaining sandwich on my plate and he started to eat.

I was uncomfortable sitting there beside him… I was not over Kingsley yet and I was strongly attracted to another. I was physically attracted to my boss!

I avoided looking at him because I didn’t want our gazes to lock. But while I ate, I could feel his eyes on me!

He told me that I can take the day off and resume work on Monday. I was so, so relieved. I thanked him and chewed the food in my mouth. I still didn’t meet his gaze. I swallowed the food in my mouth, gulped down the remaining chocolate tea and got up.

I said a quick goodbye and fled. But, before I had taken five steps, I kicked against the leg of the table and I stumbled. Like a knight in the shining armour, Mr. Praise came to my rescue and he caught me before I reached the floor.

I knew he was staring at me, but I still refused to look at him. I could feel his racing heartbeat as he held me close. Mine was speeding erratically as well.

Mr. Praise said the unthinkable in that very moment.

"It’s being eight, nine months since my wife passed away. I am still mourning her. You‘ve just broken up with your boyfriend and it’s not even up to three months. I know you can feel the strong physical attraction between us. I know these ain’t mere feelings. This is something special and I will really like to see where it takes us to. But… we will take it slow…"

I stood still, heart racing, listening to him, shocked beyond my wildest imaginations. My boss was interested in me! Me of all people! I could hardly believe my ears.

“What do you think?” he asked me.

His question shut down my rapid thoughts. What was I supposed to say? I didn't know what to tell him. The man had strong feelings for me and I just discovered that I had feelings for him too. He was willing to start something with me and he was asking for my opinion.

“We… we will take it slow,” I mumbled.

I felt his hands under my jaw as he lifted my face to meet his intense gaze.

My God! Oh diary, you needed to see the way he was staring at me. Like, like someone drunk in-love. I didn’t know Mr. Praise Etadafe was into me o! The raw emotions in his eyes made me start to shiver.

I am not sure I have met a man that liked me that much. I was humbled and excited at the same time. Then I began to wonder, was that why the man was always frowning at me at the office? Was that why he created an invincible wall between us? So many things became clear to me in that very moment.

“Nwakaego…”

“Sir…”

“Call me Praise…”

“Yes, sir…”

He raised an eyebrow.

“P-Praise,” I stammered.

“Good girl…”

He drew me closer and planted a kiss on my trembling lips.

Oh diary… I melted in his arms like butter on a hot fry pan. That kiss was the sweetest I had tasted in a very, very, long time.

He let me go and stepped away. “I‘ll call you later…” he said and returned to his malt and sandwich.

I nodded and walked out of the kitchen. My mind was blurry and I didn’t even know how I got out of the house. My mind was in a thousand places at the same time.

Oh diary, I can bet you that I was on cloud 9!

Diary, I have so much peace about this. I know in my heart of hearts that I have just met my husband. This… this special thing that has started between Mr. Praise and I, I can discern that it is going to turn out into something very beautiful. Something futuristic that will last a lifetime.

Oh diary, I am on cloud 9 o!

I don't want to ever climb down, ever!

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Prymestrr(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Thanks for the update Shewrites. Merry christmas to you.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
Prymestrr:
Thanks for the update Shewrites. Merry christmas to you.

*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Whoever wants to send me Christmas gift can put it here..... GTB savings 0012639619

Thanks in advance.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by TheVerdict: 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Thank you for the update. Merry Christmas.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by BlizzydoDo(f): 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2019
Got me smiling sheepishly, well done ma'am.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
BlizzydoDo:
Got me smiling sheepishly, well done ma'am.

I know the feeling
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
TheVerdict:
Thank you for the update. Merry Christmas.

*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by lexxxino(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
Ya story got me on the edge.......... More grace..... Merry Christmas
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Ego m, honestly I follow you dey cloud 9 o, see raw emotions on display.
Please take it slowly, one step at a time, u don suffer enough
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 8:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
lexxxino:
Ya story got me on the edge.......... More grace..... Merry Christmas

Hahaha... I know the feeling.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
adefunke62:
Ego m, honestly I follow you dey cloud 9 o, see raw emotions on display.
Please take it slowly, one step at a time, u don suffer enough

Serious raw emotions o... *winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Pls stay on that cloud oooo grin

Thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by jummy604: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
yes this is the original wedding bell ringing.thanks for updating and merry Christmas
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Masking: 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2019
Its good the boss is coming now that Kingsley is totally outta the picture.otherwise she may have bn confused and probably make a poor decision.

I c her getting that business Kingsley's parents said was a requirement for a dauta-in-law

Thanks shewrites can believe you posted today
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Juliearth(f): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2019
rosebuzz:
I truly feel for this girl. Almost like my story I later became a 2nd wife

Hugs her tight. You will be fine dear.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Juliearth(f): 12:21am On Dec 26, 2019
ukaface:
Better forget Kingsley
And run into the warmth of oga praise.

But,why will God( God ryt?) Allow the death of a man spouse,just so he could marry another?
Just wondering,cos I know things like this oga praise predicament do happen

People's spouses don't die because God wants the other spouse to remarry. Remember we all have our appointed time to die and once that time comes, married or single, pregnant or barren... It must happen.

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Eternitymedia88: 4:46am On Dec 26, 2019
I hope she doesn't spread her legs open so fast as she always do.

Good one OP.....Merry Christmas.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by tace7: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
she writes pls come and update oooo anxiety is killing me oo
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by toyhin123(f): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thanks for the update SheWrites
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Mayoofficial95(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
Nice update @Shewrites... Can't wait for the next one, I hope it doesn't take too long pls�
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Episode 49

Dear diary,

March 21st, 2018.

Diary, my diary. Did you miss me? I know you did. I missed you too. I have been busy these past few weeks. I am going to tell you all about my dealings, business and exciting things too.

Let’s start with my ex. I heard from a little birdie that Kingsley and Nneoma got married. I was a little bit shaken. I will not lie. I was hurt too, but not as much as I thought I would be.

This is significant because it means that I have almost gotten over him. Let’s say 90%. 10% left ba? I wish them both good luck sha.

I don’t live in that compound anymore o. I moved out three weeks ago. I now live at Maryland. My one bedroom flat is attached to a motor garage which I converted into my work space. “Ego’s Kitchen”. It also has a mini administrative office.

I am now a CEO with my very own business. Lagosians like my food. And I am pleased. I supply all kinds of people, ranging from busy singles to busy married folks, to the lazy wives who would rather eat out, than cook for their families, and also elderly people who order for daily meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have people who order for food weekly and some on a monthly basis. I also cater for parties and other out-door events. I have two cooks, three assistant cooks who also wash and clean, two sales rep, one driver (he drives the delivery bus), one accountant, one office assistant, one personal assistant and a cleaner. That’s twelve staff in all. Everybody multi task and I pay them well.

I resigned from Sweet Things Bakery first week of March and plunged all my savings into this business. Mr. Praise, okay, he said I shouldn’t refer to him as “Mr. Praise”.

I am laughing now. Okay, Praise, my former boss... he invested in my business the day I submitted my resignation letter. He was so, so happy for me. The man gave me a cheque of five million naira! And also one of his cars. He said I was now a CEO and I needed to look and act like one.

My mum and siblings are also ecstatic. They are very, very proud of me.

At the middle of this month, Praise took me out on our very first date. I am blushing right now.

We went to a Chinese Restaurant on the island and we had fun. Praise is a hopeless romantic. Hahaha... You should have seen him diary. I was blown to the moon, swept off my feet and I am still basking in the euphoria of that beautiful night.

He dropped me off at my new apartment late that night. He said he would have loved to kiss me, but he said he wasn’t ready to start what he wasn’t prepared to finish. He said if he kissed me, it won’t stop there. He would likely carry me into my flat and f$@k me really hard!

Yes, those were his exact words. He said he wanted to keep things sane, holy, slow and steady. He didn’t want to ruin our relationship before it had matured.

Yes, dairy, you guessed right. Praise is a born again Christian and he is serious about doing things God’s way. He doesn’t entertain compromise, not even in business.

That night, he pecked me on the forehead and on my cheeks too. Even with the pecks alone, I was already wet!

Jesus! The man was right after all. If he had tried to sleep with me that night, I would probably have been way too weak to stop him.

Bit by bit, I am falling in love with Praise and my respect for him grows daily. The way I see it now, Praise had fallen for me way before his wife passed on and I have no idea how he was able to control his emotions and hide his feelings.

Even after he lost his wife, he avoided me like a plague. If I had not started working for him as a cook, I wondered if he would have approached me.

Anyway, I am thankful to God the way everything happened. I thank God for giving me a thriving business and a man to call my own.

I am so, so grateful, diary.

God sure makes everything beautiful in its time!

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Mayoofficial95(m): 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
SheWrites:
Episode 49

Dear diary,

March 21st, 2018.

Diary, my diary. Did you miss me? I know you did. I missed you too. I have been busy these past few weeks. I am going to tell you all about my dealings, business and exciting things too.

Let’s start with my ex. I heard from a little birdie that Kingsley and Nneoma got married. I was a little bit shaken. I will not lie. I was hurt too, but not as much as I thought I would be.

This is significant because it means that I have almost gotten over him. Let’s say 90%. 10% left ba? I wish them both good luck sha.

I don’t live in that compound anymore o. I moved out three weeks ago. I now live at Maryland. My one bedroom flat is attached to a motor garage which I converted into my work space. “Ego’s Kitchen”. It also has a mini administrative office.

I am now a CEO with my very own business. Lagosians like my food. And I am pleased. I supply all kinds of people, ranging from busy singles to busy married folks, to the lazy wives who would rather eat out, than cook for their families, and also elderly people who order for daily meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have people who order for food weekly and some on a monthly basis. I also cater for parties and other out-door events. I have two cooks, three assistant cooks who also wash and clean, two sales rep, one driver (he drives the delivery bus), one accountant, one office assistant, one personal assistant and a cleaner. That’s twelve staff in all. Everybody multi task and I pay them well.

I resigned from Sweet Things Bakery first week of March and plunged all my savings into this business. Mr. Praise, okay, he said I shouldn’t refer to him as “Mr. Praise”.

I am laughing now. Okay, Praise, my former boss... he invested in my business the day I submitted my resignation letter. He was so, so happy for me. The man gave me a cheque of five million naira! And also one of his cars. He said I was now a CEO and I needed to look and act like one.

At the middle of this month, Praise took me out on our very first date. I am blushing right now.

We went to a Chinese Restaurant on the island and we had fun. Praise is a hopeless romantic. Hahaha... You should have seen him diary. I was blown to the moon, swept off my feet and I am still basking in the euphoria of that beautiful night.

He dropped me off at my new apartment late that night. He said he would have loved to kiss me, but he said he wasn’t ready to start what he wasn’t prepared to finish. He said if he kissed me, it won’t stop there. He would likely carry me into my flat and f$@k me really hard!

Yes, those were his exact words. He said he wanted to keep things sane, holy, slow and steady. He didn’t want to ruin our relationship before it had matured.

Yes, dairy, you guessed right. Praise is a born again Christian and he is serious about doing things God’s way. He doesn’t entertain compromise, not even in business.

That night, he pecked me on the forehead and on my cheeks too. Even with the pecks alone, I was already wet!

Jesus! The man was right after all. If he had tried to sleep with me that night, I would probably have been way too weak to stop him.

Bit by bit, I am falling in love with Praise and my respect for him grows daily. The way I see it now, Praise had fallen for me way before his wife passed on and I have no idea how he was able to control his emotions and hide his feelings.

Even after he lost his wife, he avoided me like a plague. If I had not started working for him as a cook, I wondered if he would have approached me.

Anyway, I am thankful to God the way everything happened. I thank God for giving me a thriving business and a man to call my own.

Lovely update... absolutely wonderful, I hope this relationship works out well for Nwakego and Mr. Praise.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mayoofficial95:

Lovely update... absolutely wonderful, I hope this relationship works out well for Nwakego and Mr. Praise.

*winks*

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
sarahs:

Lovely story
you sent me a mail. i dont have access to my phone cos i used it as collateral and haven't paid back. we can talk on nairaland i have nothing to hide
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2019
Thank you soooo much Rukeme, I got the Christmas gift *hugs*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by HamzatLyon(m): 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=SheWrites post=85240958]SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 49

Dear diary,

March 21st, 2018.

[ Good write up]
keep it up

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by MrCork: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
angelliza:
Kudos to you Mummy Shewrite and God bless the work of your hands.

how much? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65